• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

draw4wild

Blm lb is great for situations where large aoe damage is needed (ifrit hm nails and other places), if there's a melee dps in your party, their lb does more damage to a single target than blm/summoner, so that lb is prefered in most boss fights

Way to many people are afraid to use lb tho, as SMN I'm always waiting for the melee in my group to use the lb without having to be told

There's a million ways to grief in crystal tower and using your lb really isnt one of them

WolvenOne

rogue, ninja, i'm back in

so if there were new rewards other than the title you would be doing it sooner than you are now?

No no, but until our static is done farming up the equipment we really want, I can't see us giving up a weeks worth of equipment, merely for the privilege of wiping on T6e for that week.

So maybe once we have all the equipment we want in turns 6-9, or after 2.4 hits and the weekly lockout is lifted.

Jayhawk

I expect Ninja to do about the same amount of dps as a Bard, since they seem to be a debuff-based class and can't be too overpowered if they're weakening the mob for everybody else. I assume they'll take advantage of slashing damage increase from WARs doing Storm's Eye on the mob.

WolvenOne

I expect Ninja to do about the same amount of dps as a Bard, since they seem to be a debuff-based class and can't be too overpowered if they're weakening the mob for everybody else. I assume they'll take advantage of slashing damage increase from WARs doing Storm's Eye on the mob.

Oh, good point!

That'll be fun, buffing up PLD DPS doesn't exactly amount to much while shield oath is up.,

Ok GAF FC, they're doing a Levi EX (casual) challenge at Square Enix's booth. If you're around tomorrow PM me (can give my contact info) so we can show these casuals what's up. I'm going WHM on Controller.

Allard

Just following the thread but sounds like the Japanese live letter is going to have the 2.3 details?

Yes that is correct. The Japanese live letter on thursday's main focus is on the remaining 2.3 content that hasn't been talked about (Crystal Tower, Frontlines, Chocobo raising, Private rooms etc.)

Also even for my low expectations of this letter I was pretty underwhelmed. Looks like the marketing/PR department is putting Yoshida on a tight leash till the new exansion if formally announced and now it sounds like the announcement won't like happen till fanfest on top of that :/ really does seem the new expansion is far enough away we won't be seeing it till early next year. And with 2.4/2.5 looking more and more likely the last of the main content leading into the expansion, I hope it won't be far behind.

WolvenOne

Hopefully the Thursday live letter is good, hoping for a lot of new info.

We'll probably get the trailer, shots of the new dungeons, Crystal tower, etc.

Honestly, considering they could have shown us most of the pertinent 2.3 info in 15-30 minutes, I'm not sure why they broke the live-letter into two parts. Though, I am grateful to get the information that we have, but today they mostly talked about stuff further down the line, and it's hard to get, TOO excited for stuff coming four to seven months down the line.

CLBridges

Just watched the new trailer they put out. With this and all the new information on new class/job, I'm feeling satisfied to continue subscribing. Wonder what new info will be supplied in the actual Live Letter on Thursday.

From the trailer, it looks like Ramuh fight will be intense. Guessing that there will be an Ultima Extreme mode and Shiva will probably be in 2.4. I know I'll be on the sideline by the time 2nd coil Brutal comes out. I just can't be bothered with Coil for some reason lol.

WolvenOne

Just had a thought, but it's probably too late to implement for 2.3.

Long story short, dye-able versions of the second coil drops, for Extreme Coil.

Again, probably way too late to implement this for 2.3, but to me that'd be far more desirable than a title. After all, the title probably only drops for clearing T9, which some people may never be able to do. Having some unique cosmetic gear for clearing out turns before that is, something at least.

Ploid 3.0

I just want a high evasion class. I loved thief and nin for their evasion, made soloing interesting. Though is ffxiv world content still easy prey? (low level roaming monsters)

Allard

Just watched the new trailer they put out. With this and all the new information on new class/job, I'm feeling satisfied to continue subscribing. Wonder what new info will be supplied in the actual Live Letter on Thursday.

From the trailer, it looks like Ramuh fight will be intense. Guessing that there will be an Ultima Extreme mode and Shiva will probably be in 2.4. I know I'll be on the sideline by the time 2nd coil Brutal comes out. I just can't be bothered with Coil for some reason lol.

According to the last live letter and the statement annoncing thursday's letter, these are what will be covered.

Frontlines
New Main Missions
Hildebrand Quests
Chocobo Raising
Crystal Tower
Private Rooms/Housing

This alongside other additional misc. questions that was picked out by the community team (Likely the JP community team this time) and hopefully with the pressure he is getting from players and some community managers Yoshida will finish or show off something far ahead with no context, but I have doubts since judging by this live letter he is on a large leash from the PR team this go around. They clearly want to save stuff for the formal announcement of the expansion to have anything beyond 2.4. And in honesty I don't mind that as I felt like he 'gave away' too much leading into ARR's launch that there was little surprises in some of retro elements when things were finally released. But like a rabid fan I still want to see more :p.

I expect Ninja to have mostly elemental-based buffs, like enfire, enwater etc. If true, it will make Ninja-BLM duo very destructive.

I just want a high evasion class. I loved thief and nin for their evasion, made soloing interesting. Though is ffxiv world content still easy prey? (low level roaming monsters)

Mobs outside dungeons are laughably weak.

WolvenOne

Pretty darn sure Ninja is a DPS, not a tank.

Though I wonder if at some point, we'll be able to cross Rogue and Maurader to unlock Samurai or Ronin, basically a dual wielding tank class.

Probably totally dreaming though. XD

Allard

I expect Ninja to have mostly elemental-based buffs, like enfire, enwater etc. If true, it will make Ninja-BLM duo very destructive.

Mobs outside dungeons are laughably weak.

Most mobs outside of dungeons are weak in large part because are item level doesn't scale with monster difficulty. People have trouble sometimes on the lower level fates even in top gear due to this unless there is enough people to mitigate it. Still FFXIV 1.0 had much more dangerous mobs and even then for MMO's they weren't that dangerous. I'm hoping Yoshida returns the old lvl 70+ mobs in certain places just to frighten people :D, nothing like being forced to walk in the forest because you would get one shot by the treants haha (Sooo frustrating at times though) I miss elements like that :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom