• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Useless until they make elemntals actually mean something in this game

They mentioned poison, so I'm guessing Ninja is a dot slash debuff dps. For example, maybe they don't do very high DPS themselves, but can put slash, pierce, and impact resistance debuffs onto enemies, increasing the DPS of the rest of the party.

That, combined with plenty of dots, would make them hugely valuable to a party.

WolvenOne

Most mobs outside of dungeons are weak in large part because are item level doesn't scale with monster difficulty. People have trouble sometimes on the lower level fates even in top gear due to this unless there is enough people to mitigate it. Still FFXIV 1.0 had much more dangerous mobs and even then for MMO's they weren't that dangerous. I'm hoping Yoshida returns the old lvl 70+ mobs in certain places just to frighten people :D, nothing like being forced to walk in the forest because you would get one shot by the treants haha (Sooo frustrating at times though) I miss elements like that :(.

Yeeeah, this is the short coming of gear based progression, methinks. Players still get stronger and stronger, even after capping, so even places that were initially frightening become fairly mundane after awhile.

Case in point, I once wandered into the Sylphlands, shortly after hitting 50. I spent nearly the entire time spamming the sprint button. Now though it's, at worst annoying, and only then because of the mobs that can use heavy.

Allard

I wonder what the exclusive in-game item for buying the fanfest ticket is...

and where can I buy one >_>

Hopefully nothing more then a minion... and not an overwhelmingly sought after one unless there is 'pallete swap' version of it available later. Hate ticket exclusive content with a passion even if it doesn't affect gameplay. So many times this stuff happens in WoW and in FFXI, and when it happens in FFXI it can happen for events you can't even participate in unless you live in the area its happening D:.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Rogue and Ninja look really cool, but as someone mentioned already, queuing for any dungeon as a dps will be even worse post 2.4 than it is now.
I don't understand why we're not getting a tank class first.

Kssio_Aug

Hi everyone! Im coming back to FFXIV now, but Im having a little issue!
Its my 1st paid month, and I just added my information to automatic renew subscription at Mog Station, but its still as "Inactive" and when I log into the game they say that I need a subscription to play. That said, how long they take to recognise your payment and let you play? Did I something wrong?

Edit:
Nevermind, i may have not completed the confirmation, since I just tried again and it updated right away and I got a mail confirmation. Hope they dont charge me twice.

Ken

Rogue and Ninja look really cool, but as someone mentioned already, queuing for any dungeon as a dps will be even worse post 2.4 than it is now.
I don't understand why we're not getting a tank class first.

maybe it just fits in their plans better?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
maybe it just fits in their plans better?
Tbh, as long as people aren't quitting, longer df queues are actually good for SE, since they improve retention (farming myth takes longer) and force players to join FCs/socialize if they don't want to wait.

Ken

Tbh, as long as people aren't quitting, longer df queues are actually good for SE, since they improve retention (farming myth takes longer) and force players to join FCs/socialize if they don't want to wait.

Sure, but by plans I was thinking more like how they seem to want to tease or weave in new jobs through the main story before releasing them. It might be too difficult or weird for them to try to have fit in a tank and healer job with the Levi story (that I totally didn't skip all the cutscenes for anyways yup).

I wouldnt be surprised if they "locked" the new Tank/Healer classes/jobs behind the expansion

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me either.

WolvenOne

Actually, as long as they're doing Brutal Second Coil, they should eventually release Brutal First Coil, and CT1 too, at some point. XD

Yes yes, I know, if wishes were horses...

Mupod

I can do leviathan in my sleep but I wouldn't ever want to try and play this game without my current control setup, let alone with a controller

phierce

So for those of us poor souls (probably just me), who have been stuck at a convention (or work for some) for 14 hours today, is there a link floating around to a list of everything mentioned?

All I can tell they talked about, from the short time I've had to post this, is the rogue/ninja.

That can't be it, right?

Wilsongt

So for those of us poor souls (probably just me), who have been stuck at a convention (or work for some) for 14 hours today, is there a link floating around to a list of everything mentioned?

All I can tell they talked about, from the short time I've had to post this, is the rogue/ninja.

That can't be it, right?

Rogue/Ninja in 2.4. Shiva's story starts in 2.3, goes through 2.4, and she'll prolly appear in 2.5. Workshops to potentially build airships.

Gay marriage.

That's all you need to know.

Edit:

Also, extreme Coil.

Alex

I've done it a decent amount as a miner, but there's no way I'd ever do it as a WAR. Just doesn't work for me.

Controller is perfectly serviceable, but even in a game that's slowed down so much to flow with it it's still inferior. That said I grew up on controllers, so I'll take the penalty for the comfort when it makes sense. I still keep a wireless mouse handy for a lot of menu things, though.

I do yearn for my Naga sometimes for my Bard as of late, so I don't have to strain to hit shitty D-Pad cooldowns and so I could properly strafe instead of locking on to not miss auto attacks.

Isaccard

36c747904bd700b597240b044e65e8c695f34adf_2.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Since no one explained why:

If you don't know, the LB Meter is shared with your party. Some people don't realize this.

Melee DPS LB (Lancer/Dragoon and Pugilist/Monk) does high damage against a single target. Most people in a group want the melee DPS to use the LB against a boss to finish it off early.

Range DPS LB does an AOE attack. Less useful versus a single target.

Being DRG, it pisses me off to no end when BLM uses LB on bosses.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyone having a problem with their one time password? Everything was cool this morning. Come home from work, can't log on. Says password is wrong. =/ Security key is on my phone which was with me all day. Hmmm..

Edit: Figured it out. Phone/Verizon is fucking up. The key is linked to the time/date provided by the phone provider. Mine is currently fucked up. I manually changed it and it would no longer take the code.

Ken

Anyone having a problem with their one time password? Everything was cool this morning. Come home from work, can't log on. Says password is wrong. =/ Security key is on my phone which was with me all day. Hmmm..

Edit: Figured it out. Phone/Verizon is fucking up. The key is linked to the time/date provided by the phone provider. Mine is currently fucked up. I manually changed it and it would no longer take the code.

hope you saved your emergency removal code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom