• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

Nin seems awesome but it's a bit risky to put only 1 class/job in a patch, for several reasons mmmh..

Pretty interested about new monsters in th Hunt content.

Munba

10462525_639599486129103_5228478600031778943_n.jpg

I'm confused about marriage.

I mean ... what exactly does it DO to your characters? Are there supposed to be buffs or cool outfits or mounts or a baby sim/ family sim with a home like your FC? Do you share sub cost with this person? Can you make a kid and play as it once it's old enough?

Not sure why you would do it :/

Marriage is in it for a role play aspect, or for partners who play the game to do (whether they met in the game or out of it). Also they are thinking there could be special things like mounts for people who have bonded, that they might be able to ride together, Yoshida said in the live letter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XQCSmxLsyrQ#t=3503

I was disappointed after resubscribing a few weeks ago to find it had a discriminatory marriage policy (I didn't know it had marriage at all earlier). I wouldn't take part in marriage in it, but it reverses a thing that caused disappointment that gave me second thoughts about my resubscription.

IvorB

Marriage is in it for a role play aspect, or for partners who play the game to do (whether they met in the game or out of it). Also they are thinking there could be special things like mounts for people who have bonded, that they might be able to ride together, Yoshida said in the live letter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XQCSmxLsyrQ#t=3503

I was disappointed after resubscribing a few weeks ago to find it had a discriminatory marriage policy (I didn't know it had marriage at all earlier). I wouldn't take part in marriage in it, but it reverses a thing that caused disappointment that gave me second thoughts about my resubscription.

I have no need for player marriage. I already have two sex slaves... *ahem* I mean "retainers".

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Need more Monks front and center in some of these artworks. =) Epic punching of Primals in the face or knuckle clashes or something kick ass. =P

I've done it a decent amount as a miner, but there's no way I'd ever do it as a WAR. Just doesn't work for me.

I find targeting the most annoying thing as a WAR with controller. Thankfully one of the macros provided by the game is for targeting the closest enemy and auto attacking them. It's so useful (particularly in FATES) that I have it on my main hotbar. It solves a lot of the issues I have with targeting in this game.

The rest works really well on a controller for a WAR IMO.

In other news, I think I'm done with low level roulette for good. Had the worst experience last night. I have no problem getting yelled at when I'm screwing up, but have zero patience for it when I'm not. These low level healers are the worst. Constantly blaming me DPS were taking damage, when I had more than a comfortable lead in hate from every mob in Brayflox normal. I was well geared, had to use all my CDs and ended up dying anyways on a random mob (and I was keeping the pulls very small), and then I'm getting blamed for it!

The only time I didn't tank everything was the adds on the first boss. To be perfectly honest I didn't remember if I had to tank them or not, I figured the DPS would get rid of them quickly and I would just focus on the boss. Not so. Second time I got hate from everything, nearly ran out of TP and had to use all my CDs (the cross skill ones too) to barely survive and I'm still getting shit from this healer that he had to heal DPS.

I didn't have my keyboard on, so I didn't feel like wasting time arguing, so I told them if they weren't happy they could just kick me (at least one of them was new to the dungeon, but I don't know if it was the healer). Granted I don't remember the normal version all that well, but is there anything I'm missing here?

From now on I'm farming Bray hard exclusively. I've had a lot of luck with PUGs there, and we can knock it very quickly, so even with the myth increase, low level roulette sucks.

WolvenOne

Also, targeting on a controller is a snap. Just hold the right analog trigger and click the right shoulder to tab between targets. Not significantly different than the tab-targeting most PC gamers use.

Wilsongt

Maybe Bard will get an LB that doesn't suck...

...Hahahahahaah, yeah right.

Its about the little fairy playing the game for you til 50 then I have no idea.

Adlo -> Adlo -> Adlo -> Adlo - Succor - Sacred Soil -> Oh shit -- Lustrate -> Adlo -> Adlo -> Cleric Stance -> Dots -> Cleric Stance Down -> Adlo -> Physick

Leviathan challenge at E3 is not casual because the rails come off and people fail!

This is why we need all GAF! Will they at least let you arrange your action bar or is that locked out before the battle starts? I walked by and saw it was EX and thought nobody is going to be able to clear this because this is Pug DF IRL. . I didn't catch what gear people had, either. I got my sticker to go in the media line and gonna try it a few times today...

If mirror drops...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This is why we need all GAF! Will they at least let you arrange your action bar or is that locked out before the battle starts? I walked by and saw it was EX and thought nobody is going to be able to clear this because this is Pug DF IRL. . I didn't catch what gear people had, either. I got my sticker to go in the media line and gonna try it a few times today...

If mirror drops...

The only mirror you will see. :(

I still have yet to see one.

Cmagus

Looking back at some older info I wouldn't be surprised if we see the gun class Thursday. Someone on the forums posted about an older live letter where Yoshi said these are coming. Also most of the other info that was released have all happened so I really hope we see it on Thursday.

-Gun and Dagger class/jobs were both confirmed and coming sooner than people think. Apparently soon after 2.3. (He said we are saving this info for E3-Announcements, looking forward to June 10th!)

-The gun class isn't what people are expecting it to be.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

If mirror drops...
I'll be at their booth around 2.

Anyone got tips for healing? Im about to give the healing class (gonna aim for WHM) a whirl.

Always keep protect up. Stoneskin everyone before the boss (I usually stoneskin the tank between pulls). Don't spam Medica/2. Use Shroud of Saints to regen mp (Use it around the 2500-3K mark). Contribute dps when you only feel comfortable. Those are just some general ones...

I'm not sure this is the right place to be posting this, but figured it's better than any other one.

I have a FFXIV PC Collector's Edition code that I never ended up using since my friend didn't seem all that interested in the game at all. Wanted to see if anyone was interested in trading for the keycode.

Levi E3 was casual. Wasn't EX at all lol. No healer debuffs, adds with less hp. Awake and GAF represented Ultros well. Wiped once, won on second try just in time.

phierce

I'm not sure this is the right place to be posting this, but figured it's better than any other one.

I have a FFXIV PC Collector's Edition code that I never ended up using since my friend didn't seem all that interested in the game at all. Wanted to see if anyone was interested in trading for the keycode.
What are you wanting for it?

Kenai

Looking back at some older info I wouldn't be surprised if we see the gun class Thursday. Someone on the forums posted about an older live letter where Yoshi said these are coming. Also most of the other info that was released have all happened so I really hope we see it on Thursday.

That'd be really neat. Ninja looks cool but I personally would really like a gun class more since Corsair was prohibitively expensive back in 11 and I never got to finish leveling it.

Anyone got tips for healing? Im about to give the healing class (gonna aim for WHM) a whirl.

Besides what everyone else said, using Regen before a pull can get mad aggro on you so be careful. Dunno if you've ever healed before but running out of mana + getting aggro are real things to be concerned about.

I'm confused about marriage.

I mean ... what exactly does it DO to your characters? Are there supposed to be buffs or cool outfits or mounts or a baby sim/ family sim with a home like your FC? Do you share sub cost with this person? Can you make a kid and play as it once it's old enough?

Not sure why you would do it :/

Maybe that sexy two seater mount + fancy vanity clothes, maybe some other stuff that will likely be more minor buffs/vanity thingies. Try not to read too much into it, it's designed more for fun/roleplaying than any significant gameplay changes, at least from what's been announced so far. I'm pretty sure after you tie the knot in-game you'll be doing the same stuff you were prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom