• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

magic-based tank would be really cool. However, I'd like it to have no access to healing spells if true, or if heal spells are allowed cross-class then make it have much less defense than physical tanks. Maybe more of an MDEF tank than DEF tank.

I also like the idea of a TP healer; shouldn't be as powerful as MP-based healers, but will have better DEF, healing techniques would be unorthodox.

I'm toying around with SCH and it's pretty incredible. Adloq and Succor are straight up awesome, and Lustrate is a godsend. Not to mention Eos. I may try Titan HM with it.

Try playing with a group of newbs.

Half my group didn't speak English and had never played the game before. The rest of us were active players. I also changed from broken SCH to WHM because one person who played only knew WHM. So we rolled with 2 WHM. So we basically queued with J highlighted only in the DF.

WolvenOne

where's the shield tho

also, you told us you could do it in a week, which hasn't happened yet AFAIK.

Actually what I said was that with sufficient gil to bypass Materia grinding, "a," player could clear this in a week, and I specifically stated that I wasn't going to try.

I think you just, assumed that's what I meant, and glossed over my statement.

Ken

Actually what I said was that with sufficient gil to bypass Materia grinding, "a," player could clear this in a week, and I specifically stated that I wasn't going to try.

I think you just, assumed that's what I meant, and glossed over my statement.

No U! XD

Seriously though, with no materia shortage, I could clear through this in merely a week. The only real hurdle is going to be procuring materia in a somewhat timely manner, without breaking the bank. If I'm willing to break the bank, even that's not going to be a big issue.

I mean, heck, I have a large chunk of the materia I'm going to need already, just from unconverted gear I had on store on my retainers.

Mesharey

10462525_639599486129103_5228478600031778943_n.jpg
Lightning will be in 2.3?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Yes I said I, but that was merely a hypothetical.

It's just a myth grind after all, anyone with the time and motivation could do it. If I remember it comes out to about 120 hours of Brayflox runs.

Miserable, but doable.

About 120 hours?, Jesus fuck, after 2 hours you go crazy doing the runs
That character must be Guild Account, no way in hell someone trucked through all that by themselves

That character must be Guild Account, no way in hell someone trucked through all that by themselves

I'm still having fun doing Brayflox runs. Especially when the healer isn't super geared. Makes it much more challenging.

Also I'm still learning new stuff. This time I went with the GAF advice to watch a guide after the first few runs to speed up the process, but as I suspected you learn much more by playing.

They are released right away and their methods can be improved upon a lot. But if you follow guides blindly you'll never get better. None of the guides I saw for example lock the last 2 mobs before the first boss. They actually kill them.

They don't mention the optimal positioning near the river to avoid the AoE from the cannon either. They fight the last coeurl, which you can easily skip, etc. And I looked at all the guides on youtube. That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence in their guidance before I try Turn 1...

WolvenOne

Yeah, that's one of the two reasons I'm not trying to do it that quickly, the other being that this week at least I really don't have the time.

Besides, despite going at a far more comfortable pace, I'll be hitting the 1/7th mark either tonight or tomorrow. I'll probably try to up the pace a little more soon, but I want to see when 2.3 hits before going too much more Gung-ho.

I mean, if it hits in only a few weeks, then I might as well keep the comfortable pace, until those daily hunts become available.

Edit: Just took out the calculator and did the math. Assuming that 120 hour figure is accurate, you could indeed do it in a week, assuming you slept only 7 hours a night, and did nothing but running Brayflox.

Basically, it's possible, but only barely. XD

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Edit: Just took out the calculator and did the math. Assuming that 120 hour figure is accurate, you could indeed do it in a week, assuming you slept only 7 hours a night, and did nothing but running Brayflox.

Basically, it's possible, but only barely. XD

Can we cut down on these hypotheticals you like posting
I get you want to show it's possible, but sometime do you read what you write

So I would have to play 15+ FUCKING HOURS A DAY doing MINDLESS Bray MYTH runs for a week straight just so it fits your math?

It's more a group of players who worked together and got the account Novus out
Now they can work on the next character and do it again, if they deem it feasible to the them
So if they really wanted too, they can work it like a job for 8 weeks and get their 8-man static all i110's

Stupid man here.

Where do I go to re-watch cutscenes? I remember this room but I can't remember the location.

Go back to any inn and you can watch the cutscenes inside your room. Forgot what the thing is called that you interact with but it does let you view old cutscenes.

Authority

Banned
Okay I got the Leviathan shirt.

Talking to Yoshi tomorrow. Anything you guys want to know?

Edit: Any plans for Open-World-PVP in the future?

When will they release the rogue class? Will it be position-based like the monk or have more freedom in its combat?

Why is the PVP Community so undermined?

When are we going to see the Frontlines?

Any plans for a major expansion?

Any plans to release information on how much population each server has?

Speaking of which I found this - http://xivsoul.com/

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Are they not afraid that adding a single dps class will make df even worse for dps classes?
I think it's a legitimate concern for all involved.

BadRNG

Ask him what happened to the gunner class that was supposed to come with the dagger one. And how he/the developers feel about the even worsening DPS queues incoming due to new DPS class but no new tank or healer.

I'd also like to know what class balance changes we can expect in 2.3 along side the BLM stuff that was mentioned before, but I'm guessing that could be revealed at the live letter.

Oh and to settle the debate, NIN - STR or DEX?

B-Dex

Ask him to increase companion XP gain.

Ask him how have the Doman refugees survived for months on their cramped boats.

Will Ramuh and Shiva have ponies?

Kenai

Any plans to include more class specific achievements/ vanity awards like the WAR and PLD mounts?

I'd also like to know how he feels about the current Chocobo exp grind (it kinda sux imo :( )

kiryogi

Banned
Edit: Any plans for Open-World-PVP in the future?

When will they release the rogue class? Will it be position-based like the monk or have more freedom in its combat?

Why is the PVP Community so undermined?

When are we going to see the Frontlines?

Any plans for a major expansion?

Any plans to release information on how much population each server has?

Speaking of which I found this - http://xivsoul.com/

Most of this has already been answered. . .

Rogue is 2.4

Frontlines is 2.3

Yes to a major expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom