• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istaerion

Not really expecting an answer regarding the new race considering the lack of mention on the E3 Live Letter, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask for details even if it's just further expansion on Yugiri or Doma.

Basically, I'd like to know more about Doma, Yugiri, and whether or not we'll be seeing development on their stories soon.

Wilsongt

Not really expecting an answer regarding the new race considering the lack of mention on the E3 Live Letter, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask for details even if it's just further expansion on Yugiri or Doma.

Basically, I'd like to know more about Doma, Yugiri, and whether or not we'll be seeing development on their stories soon.

My guess that will happen in 2.4 given the new jobs and where they are from...

Teknoman

RTv40G3.gif

I feel like i hear organs or music ala Charlotte from Samurai Shodown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xjl2GqC7ho

Sorian

Banned
Are people still all frightened that DF is going to be so much longer with Nin DPS coming? It won't be the huge issue that some of you are expecting. DPS have long queues, it isn't going up by much of a percentage.

The wait time will increase, who knows by how much but it will get worse, especially since Ninja is one of the most beloved jobs ever! Just queue with a full group to counter this.

Authority

Banned
Most of this has already been answered. . .

Rogue is 2.4

Frontlines is 2.3

Yes to a major expansion.

I just came back so...

Anyone knows if there is a restriction on transferring after reactivating your account? I have been trying to transfer from Ragnarok to Cerberus and failing all the time.

BadRNG

Are people still all frightened that DF is going to be so much longer with Nin DPS coming? It won't be the huge issue that some of you are expecting. DPS have long queues, it isn't going up by much of a percentage.
Actually melee dps queues are pretty short at the moment, this will likely just bump them up to ranged dps levels, which absolutely would be a big bump. When it comes to melee dps group issues it is usually just the fact most fights don't benefit at all from having more than one of them, so demand is low, which may hurt them too.

But even ignoring DF queues, the lack of tank/heals is an issue in all areas of the game, adding another dps - especially an iconic/popular one - isn't going to help matters. They've mentioned before about trying methods to get more people to do those roles, their thoughts on how the influx of NIN will affect this situation is a fair question I think.

When are the Mnk buffs coming
In 2.4 all MNKs will get a special chakra ability that deletes their monk and turns them into a ninja. That's your buff!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Okay I got the Leviathan shirt.

Talking to Yoshi tomorrow. Anything you guys want to know?

Inquire about the idea for quests for job specific items others than weapons that we have seen in past Final Fantasies. Iconic items like Black Belt for Monk (think the quest lines for the item in XI).

Re: Chocobo Raising - Will it be possible to use these chocobos as companions so maybe we could have another type of companion. The GC Chocobo as a Fighter type while the Raised one is a Healing type.

Will we ever gain the ability to select which quests we can choose to display on the quest log on the HUD again? It was in beta, then gone. Why?

The FFXIII and DQX cross over events were really popular. Have you considered expending on those ideas for maybe "Golden Saucer Trials"? For example, enter into a "Void Teleporter" and help classic FF characters in iconic fights against Villains. Rewards could be equipment based on that particular FF universe/character/etc.

Will be see storylines that focus on building up the city states of the game? We see these characters, but we really don't know them. We hear about the issues facing the cities, but we never interact with them or maybe help solve them for these city states. To be honest, they all seem very helpless. I think they need some more world building through questlines.

Will we see questlines that expand on the lore of the Primals themselves? Who were they before? What are their stories? We see that they are "bad" but how and why have they come to be who they are?

Re: Monster Hunts (if this isn't answered) - Is it possible that we could obtain "parts" from these monsters for crafting either i90 weapons (or some such, I dunno, pick an ilvl) or even weapons for vanity based on the monster they dropped from? Think the Monster Hunter effect.

After Shiva is released, that pretty much covers all the Primals we have seen released in artwork and from the seal in Silvertear Falls. Any hint as to where we will go from there?

(I'm refering to this piece)

That's all I've got after a busy work day.

WolvenOne

Can we cut down on these hypotheticals you like posting
I get you want to show it's possible, but sometime do you read what you write

So I would have to play 15+ FUCKING HOURS A DAY doing MINDLESS Bray MYTH runs for a week straight just so it fits your math?

It's more a group of players who worked together and got the account Novus out
Now they can work on the next character and do it again, if they deem it feasible to the them
So if they really wanted too, they can work it like a job for 8 weeks and get their 8-man static all i110's

Not saying it's practical, you'd essentially have to be unemployed or a teenager, and absolutely dead set as being World's First, or something. Honestly I'm not even certain that sort of goal would justify living like that for a week. :p

I'll also admit that the statement I made a week ago didn't fully factor in the grind, since at that time it wasn't known that all tier's of materia only contributed one point towards the end-goal. I haven't gone back and changed my statement, just, because as impractical as it is, it's still doable. Maybe I should have but, *shrug*.

Just, you know, not exactly something I'd recommend. Also to reiterate, that initial statement wasn't meant to be a boast. More, it was meant to be a counter-point statements that the grind would take ages and ages.

I mean, will still be a long grind either way, but it certainly won't take months for enthused and dedicated players to get theirs.

BadRNG

Will we ever gain the ability to select which quests we can choose to display on the quest log on the HUD again? It was in beta, then gone. Why?
They've explained this one before. The ability to do so in beta was actually a bug and not intended, whatever the bug was was fixed and that's why it wasn't possible anymore. To make up for it they added the ability to prioritize 5 quests at a time in 2.1, so those will always be the ones that show. There are little checkboxs in your journal for this purpose.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
They've explained this one before. The ability to do so in beta was actually a bug and not intended, whatever the bug was was fixed and that's why it wasn't possible anymore. To make up for it they added the ability to prioritize 5 quests at a time in 2.1, so those will always be the ones that show. There are little checkboxs in your journal for this purpose.

This makes absolutely no sense and is very silly on their part.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Quick question: I have the regular edition on PS4, and I want to pick up the CE for my collection. Would I be able to use the CE license on my PS4 to get the digital extras on my existing account How would that work?

BadRNG

Quick question: I have the regular edition on PS4, and I want to pick up the CE for my collection. Would I be able to use the CE license on my PS4 to get the digital extras on my existing account How would that work?
You can't add another PS4 license to your account, but if all you are wanting is the CE items then you can buy a digital upgrade from the MogStation and get all of that stuff.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You can't add another PS4 license to your account, but if all you are wanting is the CE items then you can buy a digital upgrade from the MogStation and get all of that stuff.

As I said, I want the CE for my collection. Shit, that sucks.

I don't want to buy the game 3 times. I'm not Matsuno. :p

BadRNG

As I said, I want the CE for my collection. Shit, that sucks.

I don't want to buy the game 3 times. I'm not Matsuno. :p
Yeah, I clearly can't read. You could always sell the license for the CE by itself, keeping the physical items, and use that to upgrade your regular account.

Kenai

I wish it would so I can get the star seeker bow for glamours but I doubt he'd release it a third time. I'm just hoping there's an event that let's us get one item from a past seasonal event

I thought there was a vendor for past events. You had to participate in the original event tho

Istaerion

My guess that will happen in 2.4 given the new jobs and where they are from...

Well, that's fairly obvious considering.

I suppose I should have been more specific: will there be any development on the Doma and Yugiri front come 2.3 and the subsequent patches before 2.4? Ideally I'd want news entirely on the new race, but it's unlikely considering the complete lack of mention at E3.

thetrin

Yeah, I clearly can't read. You could always sell the license for the CE by itself, keeping the physical items, and use that to upgrade your regular account.

I suppose I could. Argh!

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Please ask why gil spammers are still so rampant and if they're going to implement effective methods of combating spammers in the future.

I wonder why there are no gil spammers on my JP server. Are they just on English servers or something?

All the Yells on my server are for Coil or FC recruitment.

I wonder why there are no gil spammers on my JP server. Are they just on English servers or something?

So I've heard.

But I've dealt with it on my server pretty much since ARR's release. Those are screenshots I took while logged in the game just now.

Unfortunately, I'm coming to terms with the fact that if it's not a JP problem, then the devs aren't gonna prioritize it.

Qvoth

i'm in tonberry, the unofficial oceanic/sea JP server, and i only saw 2 gil seller spam, and that was close to 1 year ago, nothing ever since

Aeana

Pretty sure this all comes down to payment. Since PayPal is no longer an option for sending money out of Japan, and most of these sites only use that service, that would make it not worthwhile to even bother advertising.

Number45

Granted I don't remember the normal version all that well, but is there anything I'm missing here?
First boss: tank at the exit gate so that you can pick up the adds as they spawn (I use flash for this as WAR), they need to be focused
Second boss: not much you can do, but ideally someone will sleep the boss when the add spawns
Third boss: pull it out of the healing pools

I go into LL (well DF in general) with an open mind and expecting the worst. Got Haukke in LL last night, politely asked the DPS (who were both levelling and at least one was new to the instance) to attack my marked targets (marked as 1/2/3 as necessary). No response, no change in behaviour. So instead of clearing for them (which I would have done) I took the shortest route possible.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Pretty sure this all comes down to payment. Since PayPal is no longer an option for sending money out of Japan, and most of these sites only use that service, that would make it not worthwhile to even bother advertising.
I was getting gil sellers' offers on Durandal (Jp legacy) after the release, but they stopped a few months ago.

orion434

Love when my Retainer brings back a Tawny Latex from Exploration XIII. Is there a list of what items each type of Retainer can bring back from Exploration?

Myth-mats are getting more expensive because of Animus / Novus, but the 3* gear is getting cheaper... better turn these ASAP.

I know you can get the Mindflayer minion but my retainer loves bringing me HQ Couerl meat...jerk.

And just how badly have 3 star items fallen in price? I might have to invest in a few since BRD soldiery largely stinks.

Ken

Will there be reworks to the current stats in the game, especially in regards to stats like skill speed which is typically seen as undesirable on most physical DPS gear? If yes, because of Novus' introduction, where many players are deciding on the best stat materias to commit to based on existing community research, will the team be more apprehensive about touching the power of certain stats going forward so as to not "devalue" people's gear and materia investments?

orion434

I know you can get the Mindflayer minion but my retainer loves bringing me HQ Couerl meat...jerk.

And just how badly have 3 star items fallen in price? I might have to invest in a few since BRD soldiery largely stinks.

This is on Ultros:

Mindflayer minion is selling under 10K, I hate the Couerl meat as well, Light Steel Plate & Taffeta Cloth are also very low too.

The 3* market is taking a beating because there are too many Master Crafters and not enough demand.

Saurian Skin / Scheelite / Cashmere Fleece are ~ 125K each. Head / Arms / Feet gear require 1 of the above to make Saurian Leather / Wolfram Ingot / Cashmere Cloth + 2x Terminus Putty. The Putty can only be made in 3's and difficult to HQ because none of the ingredients can be found in HQ. 3 Tawny Latex will cost ~ 100K - 120K.

HQ Head / Feet / Arms Gear is hovering around 250K - 400K

HQ Chest / Legs Gear require 2x Saurian Leather / Wolfram Ingot / Cashmere Cloth and sell from 450K - 600K.

Considering that there is no 100% formula even with the Max amount of HQ ingredients, the risk for marginal Gil is not worth it.

Getting the Tawny Latex from my retainers gives me more profit... or I can just sell the latex separately, avoid any risk and make about the same Gil.

3* gear doesn't move fast, took me 2+ weeks to sell one... had 2 other players constantly undercutting me while I priced mine the same as the lowest price. The other 2 people cost us each 50K and the sale recorded in the history, so even if only 1 is on the market in the future a player looking to buy may not at a higher price... even though it should be the going price.

Munba

I would like to know if they have some countermeasures about adding only 1 job in one patch... it could bring unbalance to the DF and other some problems (half server will use it in the beginning lol).

And when they'll add swimming in the game.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom