• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Item Box

Seeing as we're eventually getting class/job specific limit breaks.

Dog Limit Break.
tumblr_lf5kdpZZ5B1qcq2vho1_500.gif

make it happen SE and i will play again
for 5 minutes

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Okay I got the Leviathan shirt.

Talking to Yoshi tomorrow. Anything you guys want to know?
I want to know when he's going to nuke Gridania again. Also, while the Novus is a step in the right direction, is there going to be any further ways to customise your class so that one DRG isn't always the same as every other?

Isaccard

Yoshida appeared as a guest speaker in today's SqueEnix Chan!, Square Enix's talk show program, which was held in E3 today.

There aren't too much new information but he did reveal the following bits:

Consideration about a Mac version. Still in discussion stage.

Work on DX11 version still ongoing.

The new area of Crystal Tower to be implemented in 2.3 will be called "Syrcus Tower" (the alternate name for Crystal Tower in FFIII).

PvP Frontlines will feature 3 opposing forces in one large battlefield (at or near the Carteneau Flats)

The Hunt ("Mob Hunt") will feel similar to FFXI's NM and FFXII's Marks Hunt system.

Despite the introduction of Echo and other measures, many players are still having problems clearing due to the instant death mechanics in many of these fights.

Changes/modifications to these mechanics are now being considered for at least some of these contents.

Due to demands from players who want more solo or small party contents, some ideas are being floated around, such as opening up 4-man dungeons to solo-players without level sync. (no guarantees!)

Although the idea of introducing gears with skill-specific stats is enticing, a lot of thought and planning would need to go into it first to ensure balance is maintained.

A free return campaign is being considered for 2.3's release to entice players back.

A free trial period is also being considered for new players.

Large updates (2.x) are still being scheduled for release every 3 to 4 months, with smaller patches (2.xx) in between.

Nohar

Well, honestly, Titan Brutal and Extreme is more of a chore than a fun challenging fight. If they were to remove some of those incredibly frustrating mecanics, I would consider that an improvement.

Semper88

Well, honestly, Titan Brutal and Extreme is more of a chore than a fun challenging fight. If they were to remove some of those incredibly frustrating mecanics, I would consider that an improvement.

Cleared Titan EX a week ago..

Alienated haf of my FC because they didn't got what it took and made a select group.

did alot of PF runs and added players that kept standing due all phases to my friend list and mixed them with the FC group and bam.

got him on 15% echo me as tank and a dps last two standing and knocked the last 1% off haha.

if someone has lag or frame drops forget about it.. that fight just doesnt go along with it.

Sophia

Instant death mechanics are kind of annoying anyhow. They're not really challenging to those who have the skill to clear them. Those who don't, or those who are unfortunate enough to be lagging, just end up a liability. :\

Nohar

Sometimes it is brain lag. In that case, obviously, the player needs to improve his/her skills. But when it is just plain old regular lag which is the cause for someone's death, because he moved 0.5 sec too late (when, on his screen, his character is in a safe zone), it is kind of ridiculous.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It's not actually that silly. Chances are they had a debug/testing tool that allowed their testers to select specific quests, and during beta they made a build that left the tool on.

No. It's very silly. The option to select which quests the user wishes to display on their quest log on screen has been in MMOs (that do it) up until...THIS ONE.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
No. It's very silly. The option to select which quests the user wishes to display on their quest log on screen has been in MMOs (that do it) up until...THIS ONE.
This. I think that most, if not all big post-wow mmos had an option to choose which quests are displayed on the screen.

Number45

This. I think that most, if not all big post-wow mmos had an option to choose which quests are displayed on the screen.
Yeah, I hate not being able to manage that. I often open up quests then wait to complete them with the FC which means that quest is taking up duty list space for no good reason. Then when I accept my six dailies... :'(

What's stupid beyond imagination is that you can accept 6 Beastman dailies at a time...but the quest tracker can only show up to 5.

Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

Semper88

Sometimes it is brain lag. In that case, obviously, the player needs to improve his/her skills. But when it is just plain old regular lag which is the cause for someone's death, because he moved 0.5 sec too late (when, on his screen, his character is in a safe zone), it is kind of ridiculous.

we all can agree that the delay in this game is bullshit.. same as that you can run into a landslide when the animation goes off because the server isnt fast enough to know your walking back in it.

dramatis

Sure. But the explanation of it being a bug in beta is plausible. Whether or not you think it is a feature that should have been in the game doesn't make their explanation 'silly' or 'nonsense'. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

You probably have to refresh on recent patch changes and reconsider your batch of questions. Although you don't seem to have played the game a long time if you don't know that we can prioritize our quests again, so it might be better to have questions from someone who does play the game answered.

Cleared T7 last night with my static. Felt good! :)
Congrats. Good luck on Turn 8 :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sure. But the explanation of it being a bug in beta is plausible. Whether or not you think it is a feature that should have been in the game doesn't make their explanation 'silly' or 'nonsense'. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

You probably have to refresh on recent patch changes and reconsider your batch of questions. Although you don't seem to have played the game a long time if you don't know that we can prioritize our quests again, so it might be better to have questions from someone who does play the game answered.

The hell is up with this?

I know we can prioritize the order of the quests. That is a standard thing too. We should also be able to take them off as well if we like. That is a standard too. Look at the other responses to this as well.

What's stupid beyond imagination is that you can accept 6 Beastman dailies at a time...but the quest tracker can only show up to 5.

Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

Just like the majority of their design excuses.

The only one defending the lack of a simple, quality of life standard is you. I just posed a simple question. Especially after the recent QOL changes, it continues to baffle me why this simple one continues to go ignored.

I also don't see anything wrong with my other questions. If you have a problem with me, take it to PMs.

IvorB

Okay I got the Leviathan shirt.

Talking to Yoshi tomorrow. Anything you guys want to know?

Can we have more challenging overworld content please? I would like an area with very difficult monsters so I can take my chocobo there to train him.

Can we have some options for class customistion so that we are not all cardboard cutout versions of each other?

Nohar

Truth to be told, some class customisation would be a nice change, though I guess we would not avoid the inevitable optimal build(s).
I wish they would stop adding FATE content.

In any case, as long as they continue to lock player's progression with arbitrary limits (such as 1 Bahamut run per week), I don't think I'm coming back (this system has caused a lot of problems and goes against my vision of a multiplayer game). And, well, in all honesty, MMOs are too addictive for me, it's probably better that I stay away from those games.

Cleared Titan EX a week ago..

Alienated haf of my FC because they didn't got what it took and made a select group.

if someone has lag or frame drops forget about it.. that fight just doesnt go along with it.

This is honestly why I stopped playing.

I made it to Titan Hard Mode for the relic weapon quest. Took many public runs but I finally won. About after 5 tries though I had the realization that "this is how the game is going to be" and it was not fun anymore for me. As much as I enjoyed everything up to that point that prospective gameplay was not what I was looking for in endgame.

I like playing the game but the reasons for failing coming from lag and or frame drops just killed my personal interest. Having to watch a friend who already has crappy internet and playing the PS3 version get mauled by tremors over and over and knowing there was nothing she could do about it -shakes head- nope.

Keep wanting to play and almost resub a few times a week but the thought of all the content post Titan HM in terms of fights and items just makes me mad. Maybe something significant will change or I something cool will change my mind in the future.

Item Box

Truth to be told, some class customisation would be a nice change, though I guess we would not avoid the inevitable optimal build(s).
I wish they would stop adding FATE content.

In any case, as long as they continue to lock player's progression with arbitrary limits (such as 1 Bahamut run per week), I don't think I'm coming back (this system has caused a lot of problems and goes against my vision of a multiplayer game). And, well, in all honesty, MMOs are too addictive for me, it's probably better that I stay away from those games.
Not sure what they could do when it comes to class customization, maybe change up how the stats you put points into work, aside "from class x pours all of their points into stat y". Maybe have abilities affect differently depending on how much points you place into a stat (i.e. gladiator's flash gets a longer blind debuff depending on how much extra int/mnd you have)?

I wouldn't mind new FATE content just as long as they're...different, I guess would be the best word, as I can't see them getting any more enjoyable as they are now.

The amount of QoL changes to this game since launch is pretty outstanding(aside from the whole quest tracking thing, lol), but those plus the occasional gear/quest addition and boss fight just isn't enough for me to stay subbed, especially considering the amount of grind required. This and other personal issues that are keeping me from being able to participate in coil leaves endgame pretty gimped for me.

Until the inevitable expansion however, I'll just keep popping up somewhere around eorzea from time to time whenever there's a content update.

iammeiam

Titan EX makes me wonder why they don't have the echo dramatically boost resistance materia effectiveness. Mandatory resist to pass a fight is crap, but tuning the fight to no resistance and then letting users gear up to nerf a fight themselves a few patches later wouldn't be the worst way around a roadblock. 50% echo boosting somebody in full-on earth materia to 70% earth resist (especially if it gave you good odds of avoiding Landslide knockback or could reduce knockback distance) would be an interesting way to nerf that wouldn't 'ruin' the fight for people looking to go back and revisit the challenge itself.

Also it would make resist materia not totally useless.

Titan EX makes me wonder why they don't have the echo dramatically boost resistance materia effectiveness. Mandatory resist to pass a fight is crap, but tuning the fight to no resistance and then letting users gear up to nerf a fight themselves a few patches later wouldn't be the worst way around a roadblock. 50% echo boosting somebody in full-on earth materia to 70% earth resist (especially if it gave you good odds of avoiding Landslide knockback or could reduce knockback distance) would be an interesting way to nerf that wouldn't 'ruin' the fight for people looking to go back and revisit the challenge itself.

Also it would make resist materia not totally useless.

Hardest part of the fight is not damage, is not getting blown up outside of the arena.

Plumes can be a problem, but with echo and most people already on i90 gear is no longer a run breaker.

IvorB

Not sure what they could do when it comes to class customization, maybe change up how the stats you put points into work, aside "from class x pours all of their points into stat y". Maybe have abilities affect differently depending on how much points you place into a stat (i.e. gladiator's flash gets a longer blind debuff depending on how much extra int/mnd you have)?

I don't really know MMOs at all but is a skill tree out of the question? I guess maybe it's too late to retro fit it now.

dramatis

The hell is up with this?

I know we can prioritize the order of the quests. That is a standard thing too. We should also be able to take them off as well if we like. That is a standard too. Look at the other responses to this as well.

The only one defending the lack of a simple, quality of life standard is you. I just posed a simple question. Especially after the recent QOL changes, it continues to baffle me why this simple one continues to go ignored.

I also don't see anything wrong with my other questions. If you have a problem with me, take it to PMs.
This was your question:
Will we ever gain the ability to select which quests we can choose to display on the quest log on the HUD again? It was in beta, then gone. Why?
This is the answer, already given and explained before:
They've explained this one before. The ability to do so in beta was actually a bug and not intended, whatever the bug was was fixed and that's why it wasn't possible anymore. To make up for it they added the ability to prioritize 5 quests at a time in 2.1, so those will always be the ones that show. There are little checkboxs in your journal for this purpose.
You called it an answer that made no sense and is silly. What I am defending is not the lack of a quality of life option, what I am defending is the response they gave regarding the question about selecting the quests you display in beta compared to the final version. The response you called silly without thinking about it first.

As a player on PS3, I am also keenly aware that a lot of their weird programming decisions that seem to make no sense from modern UI and/or usage standpoint may be decisions made to accommodate the game on PS3. Is it a legitimate excuse? Yes, given that they are supporting the platform and generally trying to make the PS3 version about as equal as they can to the PC/PS4 versions. Yes, because the apparently from their internal statistics the PS3 version has enough subscribers and players to warrant special treatment.

Of course, presumably if there is enough nagging about a particular feature there will be change. However, I think it may take a while until PS3 players are weaned off PS3 and onto PS4, so you can happily whine until then.

My understanding from skimming through this thread over time is that you stopped playing the game. Obviously, I think it is more fair to have questions from active players fielded as opposed to questions from an inactive player, since they're the ones paying and you're only a 'possible return'. If you took that as a personal affront, then it's your problem.

iammeiam

Hardest part of the fight is not damage, is not getting blown up outside of the arena.

Plumes can be a problem, but with echo and most people already on i90 gear is no longer a run breaker.

Landslide is a problem, which is why I think ideally for nerfing the knockback could be resisted or reduced, but stacked weights are still a major issue in my experience, and weights, tumulus, and bombs can still be pretty deadly even with echo.

Most EX runs I do end up with more people dying on the platform than off, at least, and while Landslide is definitely the most embarassing way to die it's also theoretically the easiest to dodge.

The Hunt ("Mob Hunt") will feel similar to FFXI's NM and FFXII's Marks Hunt system

Such a roller coaster of emotions. FFXI NM and HNM camping was ultimately the reason I quit that game, but FFXII's Marks Hunt system is one of the main reasons I love that game so much.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm sorry, I totally missed this post :( You said you have a YoshiP interview tomorrow (later today now) - if you're not busy after (what time will it roughly end?), I can at least swing by and say hello real quick.

My interview is from 3-4.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would like skill trees. They dont add much in the long run because theyre impossible not to minmax (except for a sphere grid system like PoE) but it makes leveling a bit more fun.

Wilsongt

Can you then put a fat chocobo on a diet? Or fatten up a little one?

He's beautiful because he's that big! That's an interesting idea: giving a lot of food to your fit chocobo and making him a fat chocobo, and the fatter it gets the more inventory slots it has.

:O Make it happen Yoshi. I need more inventory slots for my crafting mats.

Allard

Such a roller coaster of emotions. FFXI NM and HNM camping was ultimately the reason I quit that game, but FFXII's Marks Hunt system is one of the main reasons I love that game so much.

I'm hoping this just means roaming mobs that are high level with a semi high respawn time like it was in 1.0. 1.0 NM fighting was at most frustrating for maybe 2-3 weeks, then people just stopped doing it or it wasn't 'camped' and since you can only claim a mob treasure wise in 2.0 I'd imagine you can probably get kill requirements by just participating in the attempt to kill it. This type of stuff (imo) is exactly what this game needs, I hope some are even in low level zones and if a lower level isn't careful and attacks it they might die in short order XD. (There isn't enough 'fear' in the open field in this game, I want to at least feel like I need to be semi aware of my surroundings dangit).

:O Make it happen Yoshi. I need more inventory slots for my crafting mats.

This was one of the original basis for the companion system and chocobo breeding in the first place (when he first started talking about it) he thought when raising got installed we could create new types of chocobo companions for a specific purpose like a pack mule (fat chocobo), one that ran faster, and of the others with better combat skills and colors etc. When Fat chocobo got announced as a collectors edition mount I thought that maybe he had gone back on that idea so its nice to see he is still thinking about it.

Azrael

I want more content that's a real challenge but not so difficult it isn't pugable. Garuda Hard and Titan Hard in 2.0 were just right IMO. The stuff that's come since has either been super casual (Gilgamesh, Moogle Mog and Leviathan regular versions) or hardcore (extreme primals).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I ran into level 40 zones many times while I was leveling an alt.

What is this thing you call situational awareness.

A couple tidbits from http://i.massively.joystiq.com's interview with Yoshida:

Q: Any chance we can find out about what equipment Rogues/Ninjas will wear so we can prepare ahead of time?

A: First off, because the class is going to be a melee DPS-type class, that gear that you have for other melee DPS classes and jobs is probably something that you'll want to hold on to. On the other hand, weapons are all going to be new because it's going to be a special type -- the dual wield. While you can use existing gear, the weapons will be all new and players can have fun collecting them. As for the special and Primal weapons, there will be rogue and ninja versions.

Q: Is patch 2.3 still on track for a July release?

A: We want you to watch the Producer Letter Live that's going to go on tomorrow [June 12th] and we can give you an actual date for 2.3. Hopefully everyone will hear that date and go, "Wow! That's sooner than we thought."

!

Azrael

I know the patch isn't so close we're going to be getting patch notes today this time, but I really hope the 2.3 trailer follows the Live Letter.

gryvan

Kagari my question too~~

Q: Will there be implementation for the chocobo companion stat resets in the forseeable future due to the fact that we never knew that we could get special mounts for our chocobos if we went for one area of expertise for our chocobos?

Alucrid

Banned
Kagari my question too~~

Q: Will there be implementation for the chocobo companion stat resets in the forseeable future due to the fact that we never knew that we could get special mounts for our chocobos if we went for one area of expertise for our chocobos?

Isn't this confirmed for 2.3?

Jayhawk

My interview is from 3-4.

PVP-related question/issue you can bring up... I am having trouble reducing the amount of words involved.

2.28 allowed players to reset and re-allocate PVP actions and traits, so players can try different jobs/classes in PVP. However, the grind-heavy PVP gear progression system in place basically forces players to commit to collecting specific gear sets to be competitive in level 50 PVP.

Do they have any plans in place to decrease the amount of grind involved in getting PVP gear or maybe providing an option of trading PVP gear to the vendor (e.g., trade a i90 pvp casting robe for i90 mnk chest piece) to provide players more flexibility in their PVP roles?

Kagari my question too~~

This was confirmed for 2.3.

My question is also, when is he going to ban the wintraders or do something about them so they stop ruining our pvp queues?

Mupod

PVP-related question/issue you can bring up... I am having trouble reducing the amount of words involved.

2.28 allowed players to reset and re-allocate PVP actions and traits, so players can try different jobs/classes in PVP. However, the grind-heavy PVP gear progression system in place basically forces players to commit to collecting specific gear sets to be competitive in level 50 PVP.

Do they have any plans in place to decrease the amount of grind involved in getting PVP gear or maybe providing an option of trading PVP gear to the vendor (e.g., trade a i90 pvp casting robe for i90 mnk chest piece) to provide players more flexibility in their PVP roles?

While I find it hilarious that we know NOTHING about frontlines this close to its release, I think it's safe to predict that it'll be a lot easier to gear up in there than the Wolves' Den.

And hey, there's always GAF pvp night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom