• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

I would like skill trees. They dont add much in the long run because theyre impossible not to minmax (except for a sphere grid system like PoE) but it makes leveling a bit more fun.

I would like an OR skill tree not an AND.

Think I will finally be able to have a proper sit down with this game tonight. Feels good... I want 825 myth by the weekend so another 420 to go. Also trying to advance the story some more.

Jayhawk

While I find it hilarious that we know NOTHING about frontlines this close to its release, I think it's safe to predict that it'll be a lot easier to gear up in there than the Wolves' Den.

And hey, there's always GAF pvp night.

We can mostly assume they'd make it easier to gear up, but confirmation would be nice. While you may be all about the MRD all the time, I am sure some others would like to be able to mix it up in terms of what class they're running at 50 and not be crap because of gear.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
You called it an answer that made no sense and is silly. What I am defending is not the lack of a quality of life option, what I am defending is the response they gave regarding the question about selecting the quests you display in beta compared to the final version. The response you called silly without thinking about it first.

The fact its not an option is what is silly. Period. I don't care about their response. Everything about it is silly. People should tell them to bring it back. The bug is better than without it. lol

[/quote]My understanding from skimming through this thread over time is that you stopped playing the game. Obviously, I think it is more fair to have questions from active players fielded as opposed to questions from an inactive player, since they're the ones paying and you're only a 'possible return'. If you took that as a personal affront, then it's your problem.[/QUOTE]

Skim some more.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7721229/ Current Character.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1547725/ Old character.

I've been here since launch, stopped around 2.2 and got back again now, in Ultros GAF and having a fine time. I never not paid attention to the game, even while dogging it after burn out. Having a fun ass time right now. =D

Your wording and attitude was the problem.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This was confirmed for 2.3.

My question is also, when is he going to ban the wintraders or do something about them so they stop ruining our pvp queues?

If they don't ban player bots, they will never ban win-trading.

They can't really take action against win-trading either as they would have to remove the ability for pre-mades to compete against each other.

The win-trading problem is only a problem because not many people Q for PVP in the first place. That is how they are able to reliably get matched to the right teams.

If PVP was more enticing and popular, people would not be able to win trade since the Q would be saturated.

The solution may very well be releasing frontlines; however, a lot of FF players aren't into competitive things. They have a hard enough time with the social aspect of an MMO and competing in skill based play against other people probably gives them anxiety attacks.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The thought of giving an entire presentation on FFXIV in Japanese from LA is amusing.

aceface

Battlefield for frontlines looks cool. It's huge. Also there will be monsters there apparently.

Point system...you get a point when someone in another alliance dies....FFXIV smash bros lol

Looks like stupid fun to be honest and I hate pvp

Allard

Battlefield for frontlines looks cool. It's huge. Also there will be monsters there apparently.

Point system...you get a point when someone in another alliance dies....FFXIV smash bros lol

Looks like stupid fun to be honest and I hate pvp

As long as they don't use the stupid matchmaking system they use for Wolves den it should be fun distraction (especially if they have ilvl sync). In Wolves den you had to have a range DPS, a melee DPS, a tank and healer unless you made a premade party of course. What I'm hoping is with that many players for a team that they just let teams be matched without any recourse on roll (okay maybe slightly, like each team needs at least 3 healers, 3 tanks and 6 DPS) but after those roles are made, the rest is random to whoever has been in the queue the longest otherwise the time people have to wait for a match to start may take forever. Frontlines is something I am looking forward to, I always find PvP in MMO's great mindless fun with lots of fun random elements since you are fighting against other players and their strategies. If fun and well supported it should be a great alternative advancement and distraction from the normal dungeon grind.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
300,000 gil for personal room in FC house apparently

:(

Was hoping it would be a separate house somehow. Though a bunch of player houses would be kind of unrealistic.

Need to make some money to pay for it. Come on and drop Opo-Opo minion!

aceface

Showing Crystal tower now

Music is suitably epic

And you're actually climbing a tower

STILL can't put together a 24 man alliance ;_;

C'mon yoship do some work

Looking at 30% drop rate on sands/oil of time in CT but still deciding apparently

Mesharey

Bp8h_EYCQAA3AUF.jpg

Bp8iocZCcAAiEeO.jpg

syrcus tower
Bp8o1MeCMAAuWW-.jpg

Bp8qqM2CIAAXIMP.jpg

il100
CT. 2 will drop il 100.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I called it that the delay to 2.28 pushed 2.3 into July

Welp now we know that patches most likely will roll out on Tuesdays around weekly reset time to cover their tracks

aceface

There's gonna be a free login weekend the weekend after 2.3 drops.

Also, they are releasing an Eorzea collection fashion catalog featuring Illy on the cover lol

iammeiam

Man, patch the week after the (US) long weekend? Such timing.

Looking forward to at least the first couple of nights where hopefully everyone won't be expecting speedruns of the new stuff.

Interesting:

Q27: Will new beast tribe quests be added in patch 2.3?

A27: The only beast tribe remaining is the Ixali and this will be added in patch 2.35. The Ixali beast tribe quests will be a bit different from what you've seen up to this point and will have a focus on crafting. Completing all beast tribe quests will unlock a new quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom