• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I didn't watch the whole thing but kinda annoying that they didn't show real frontlines gameplay.

They also said sands of time might not drop right off the bat...that's pretty much all I want out of this new CT, so here's hoping it does.

dramatis

Skim some more.

I've been here since launch, stopped around 2.2 and got back again now, in Ultros GAF and having a fine time. I never not paid attention to the game, even while dogging it after burn out. Having a fun ass time right now. =D

Your wording and attitude was the problem.
You can link your profile all you want, but you did state right there that you stopped playing, so I was correct that you did stop playing for a while. Is the onus on me to go to lodestone to look you up to confirm your active status? By definition skimming is going through a lot of posts without thoroughly poring over every post, therefore something like 'skim some more' doesn't actually mean anything nor does it change the fact that you stopped playing for a spell.

You don't care about the response, but it is a response as opposed to a non-answer. Even if you are annoyed that doesn't mean the response makes no sense and is silly. It makes sense and it a plausible error given the amount of work they probably had to do leading up to the release. What you're doing is whining about a reasonable response.

Cmagus

Should I expect a trailer or something soon? Cause, I can't find a video recap of the live letter yet.

They said they didn't have a trailer ready in time. Seeing how it's still a few weeks till 2.3 I would expect one soonish. Also you can go back on the Square Enix Live video and rewatch the live letter if you want.

Allard

I think people expected a little too much...

Yoshida mentioned several times in the past month if he talked about classes/jobs in the interview he wouldn't have much to talk about at E3 and even then it was only one class/job. After hearing that I was expecting a pretty underwhelming show but I at least hoped for new media on 2.3, was still left disappointed on that front because the 2.3 trailer wasn't ready :/. Looks like they are saving up for fanfest now and unless it details stuff in 2.4 we probably won't hear much new info on the future of the game ill October now.

ilvl 100 for the new CT?

I don't need to waste more soldiery on armor....

Still only get one drop, and either at the start or eventually the 'upgrade' item for soldiery is getting dropped which brings it to ilvl110, and lotting/winning one of those likely will mean a CT lockout just like how the sword furniture material drop locked you out. If anything CT is going to make soldiery more valuable to a lot of people who haven't been getting stuff from the new coil.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So cheap? Everyone will get one. How will that work?

Presumably personally instanced/phased.

Not sure how you'd show other people your room except perhaps being in a group with them and being the group leader (just an assumption based on how WoW does similar phasing)

Presumably personally instanced/phased.

Not sure how you'd show other people your room except perhaps being in a group with them and being the group leader (just an assumption based on how WoW does similar phasing)

But if it's a glorified inn room, how is that good?

Sounds a little disappointing to be honest. I really hope you can get a MB and summoning bell in there.

iammeiam

But if it's a glorified inn room, how is that good?

Sounds a little disappointing to be honest. I really hope you can get a MB and summoning bell in there.

You're going to get to it through FC housing, I think, so I'm not sure what point a dedicated bell would serve.

It's an interesting intermediary step before full player housing, and will at least let me use some of the crap my retainer is finding, without being house-level expensive, so sounds good to me.

BLCKATK

man whats the point of doing pvp now if morale has no effect in frontlines. so dumb

Really is no pointy unless you want to be a serious fighter in Wolves Den (Basically Arena..) Frontlines is like Battleground content, it should be open to everyone to participate and be a more even playing field. More fun that way imo.

They need to implement leader boards for Wolves Den though, but with some much win trading I bet everything would be crazy messed up. We need seasons or something. Just so other kind of incentive then "Man I look cool in this PvP armor".

Kenai

You're going to get to it through FC housing, I think, so I'm not sure what point a dedicated bell would serve.

It's an interesting intermediary step before full player housing, and will at least let me use some of the crap my retainer is finding, without being house-level expensive, so sounds good to me.

Yep. I have a page and a half of furniture that my retainers have found and it's just been sitting there, will be nice to finally use them.

Mupod

I wonder if it will remove morale entirely or just sync gear to 80. That would give those with the 90 set a small advantage in addition to their abilities, but not overwhelming. It would actually make my 100 gear worse than 90 though, since it has skill speed vs Direwolf set's crit/determ.

Removing morale will make healers very easy to kill, if anyone remembers what PVP was like back when it first came out. Which...come to think of it, if they don't do something about healing, teams with two high rank healers will be extremely annoying to fight.

The thing is morale is much more of a defensive stat than an offensive one - high rank people do a lot of damage because they know how to move or get spells off, not just because morale makes you hit hard.

WolvenOne

Anyhow, on these live-letter. In total the amount of info to come out was pretty good, though the lack of an actual 2.3 trailer is a little annoying. That said, they had no real business splitting this into two segments. They could just as easily condensed it into a single Live Letter session, that had more info, more screens, videos, and likely would've had more viewers (being the first actual day of E3 and all.)

So, they basically just miscalculated in this respect. I'm glad that they place a high value on engaging their player base like this, but that doesn't mean they should stretch these out longer than they need to be.

Having everything in one place and avoid loading? It's really annoying you can't have a MB inside the FC house. If you go craft there, you have to run outside to sell the stuff. Really annoying. Having everything in one place would be nice, though I doubt very much we can put that tradecraft guy in there.

Still only get one drop, and either at the start or eventually the 'upgrade' item for soldiery is getting dropped which brings it to ilvl110, and lotting/winning one of those likely will mean a CT lockout just like how the sword furniture material drop locked you out. If anything CT is going to make soldiery more valuable to a lot of people who haven't been getting stuff from the new coil.

Seeing the cap of soldiery, you're also locked to one peice of armor each week. And seeing you still need the item to "upgrade", if possible to look for allagan drops rather to waste soldiery to maybe manage to level it to lvl 110.

Unless you going fo BiS, seems more smart keep soldiery for the weapon/accesories and get your ilvl 100 CT armor drop.

WolvenOne

Seeing the cap of soldiery, you're also locked to one piece of armor each week. And seeing you still need the item to "upgrade", if possible to look for allagan drops rather to waste soldiery to maybe manage to level it to lvl 110.

Unless you going fo BiS, seems more smart keep soldiery for the weapon/accessories and get your ilvl 100 CT armor drop.

Yeeeah, some of those new CT pieces are going to be ilvl100BIS to boot. So, yeah, if you're not doing Coil, the armor may be more worth farming out. Similarly, if you're already getting Oils and Sands every week in Coil, but you need to gear up an alt class for whatever reason, the armor pieces may be more valuable to you.

Jayhawk

So, they basically just miscalculated in this respect. I'm glad that they place a high value on engaging their player base like this, but that doesn't mean they should stretch these out longer than they need to be.

I believe the main reason behind splitting the information into two live letters is having one done in English and one in Japanese. This was no miscalculation on their part.

I guess if morale really has no benefit in frontlines then it's safe to say that they look at pvp as nothing more than a way to obtain vanity through means outside of pve content. Probably why they never did anything about wintraders, they just do not care since it is nothing more than vanity even when people still value the pvp itself(as broken as it is). Maybe they actually expect people to still do arena after frontlines comes out and they value it as "endgame" pvp, if they actually believe that though then it's obvious they just have no idea.

Frontlines still looks good from what little they showed. Would assume it's more than just deathmatch and capture the flag when the map is as big as it is. Npcs and monsters are never in either of those types of matches so obviously there has to be some purpose they serve.

Jayhawk

To add to my recent comment, the English live letter done on Tuesday was clearly advertised as a means of having the English player-base getting their questions answered from this official forum thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-for-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-E3-Edition!

We're pleased to announce the special Letter from the Producer LIVE: E3 Edition will be focused nearly entirely on answering the burning questions from the community! This special Live Letter will be hosted in English and take place at E3 on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. (PDT) / 20:00 (GMT)!

Today's live letter was more like their usual preview of upcoming content without them having to worry about doing live translations.

Jayhawk

Frontlines still looks good from what little they showed. Would assume it's more than just deathmatch and capture the flag when the map is as big as it is. Npcs and monsters are never in either of those types of matches so obviously there has to be some purpose they serve.

Having NPCs and monsters on the frontline maps adds some interesting aspects to the metagame. Random monsters on the map can be used by Summoners and Scholars to Bane their dots onto other players nearby and for Black Mages to sleep other players nearby.

Q48: Will you be adding any high level accessory recipes that are higher than item level 70?

A48: Yes. Look for this with the release of patch 2.3!

game changer. welp, my wallet is finished. i'm still using the i70 overmelded accessories for major content like coil2. had them since 2.0 and still think it's the best customisation this game has to offer. maybe square will find a way to ruin it :p

Q48: Will you be adding any high level accessory recipes that are higher than item level 70?

A48: Yes. Look for this with the release of patch 2.3!

Well atleast now someones post may be right about "some ilvl 90 crafted gear is on par with ilvl 110".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom