• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Im so burned out on myth grinding. I have ~1800 myth to full i90 and I just don't know if I can do it anymore lol.

Then move onto soldiery and just use the excess myth.

Give up the myth farming like I did and never look back.

If you're trying to get your animus, then lol.

Kwixotik

Then move onto soldiery and just use the excess myth.

Give up the myth farming like I did and never look back.

If you're trying to get your animus, then lol.

Isn't soldiery farming pretty much the same? I usually hit cap for soldiery just by doing dailies for myth.

man whats the point of doing pvp now if morale has no effect in frontlines. so dumb

Gear normalization was essential to balance Frontline. I'm glad they didn't give the wintraders free Frontline wins.

It's still good to do PvP now because you need ranks to buy PvP skill upgrades and that will be more important than ever now with gear normalization removing gear advantages.

Also doing PvP now will actually teach you how to play.

Teknoman

Anybody get in the Destiny Alpha? Let's farm with our guns!

I am, send me a friend invite

DL'ing as I type this, @85%, I'll be your Warlock!

Never mind, I'm good to go, that speed picked up hella fucking fast at the end, fuck me
25MB per second!

I got a PS4 two days ago...but dont have my code yet, even though I applied the other day. Got lucky with Battlefield though.

Anyway PS4 FFXIV GAF, if you guys dont have me on your PSN friends list, add me!

Gear normalization was essential to balance Frontline. I'm glad they didn't give the wintraders free Frontline wins.

It's still good to do PvP now because you need ranks to buy PvP skill upgrades and that will be more important than ever now with gear normalization removing gear advantages.

Also doing PvP now will actually teach you how to play.

not like any of them (eg sirius taco) were any good

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
U6U0dR5.jpg

This picture is the best

WolvenOne

A lot of people probably caught this already, but I heard some people dismiss this earlier on Mumburu, soooo.

Q36: For the new Crystal Tower, will you be able to form a pre-made alliance?

A36: Sorry, but due to Frontline adjustments we are making large scale changes to the Duty Finder and we'll be doing our best to implement this in patch 2.35.

So, yes, it's coming. We'll probably be getting it by August.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So that's Hein, Zande and... whoever the hell is that with the five heads? All looking very Allagan.
Edit: Oh, Scylla.

Semper88

This is honestly why I stopped playing.

I made it to Titan Hard Mode for the relic weapon quest. Took many public runs but I finally won. About after 5 tries though I had the realization that "this is how the game is going to be" and it was not fun anymore for me. As much as I enjoyed everything up to that point that prospective gameplay was not what I was looking for in endgame.

I like playing the game but the reasons for failing coming from lag and or frame drops just killed my personal interest. Having to watch a friend who already has crappy internet and playing the PS3 version get mauled by tremors over and over and knowing there was nothing she could do about it -shakes head- nope.

Keep wanting to play and almost resub a few times a week but the thought of all the content post Titan HM in terms of fights and items just makes me mad. Maybe something significant will change or I something cool will change my mind in the future.

I almost did quit.. not because i couldnt do it because the PS4 is as smooth as a baby skin but that alot of people out there play on a shity PC or PS3 and indeed cant handle that fight.

altho.. there are alot of people out there with brain lag too..

if you dont have a good FC or static that stuff can take ages.

Number 2. Started about a week ago. {Embrace} {Hopelessness}

Haven't even finished the books for number 1 yet. I got the Bravura Atma about 2.5 months ago and I've only been casually collecting myth (I don't even do all the roulettes, mainly just Expert when it refreshes), so I guess, unscientifically, it takes about 3 months to upgrade to Animus if you take it easy? I might try to go a little faster for the Rod though. Just doing roulettes, I don't ever want to start farming Brayflox for myth because I see enough of it in roulette as it is.

I think the Zodiac weapon quest gets a lot of flak, but I actually quite like the books (in general). I don't need a Stardust Rod Animus anytime soon since I expect I'll be getting a Laevateinn well, well before I can hope to finish the Animus anyway, but I do like having a background long-term project to keep me occupied. I'll be getting the mythology the books need anyway, and it's nice to every so often have the bit of variety that the book quests throw up - there's been a few times when I've felt bored and didn't really know what to do, and then realised that I could work on a book. I suppose the only thing that I really don't like about the books is that waiting for slow, slow FATEs that require gold participation is a dreadful experience, and the hunting log for each book can be a bit of a chore, but I like how they can send you to out-of-the-way places you rarely visit sometimes.

WolvenOne

Number 2. Started about a week ago. {Embrace} {Hopelessness}

Haven't even finished the books for number 1 yet. I got the Bravura Atma about 2.5 months ago and I've only been casually collecting myth (I don't even do all the roulettes, mainly just Expert when it refreshes), so I guess, unscientifically, it takes about 3 months to upgrade to Animus if you take it easy? I might try to go a little faster for the Rod though. Just doing roulettes, I don't ever want to start farming Brayflox for myth because I see enough of it in roulette as it is.

I think the Zodiac weapon quest gets a lot of flak, but I actually quite like the books (in general). I don't need a Stardust Rod Animus anytime soon since I expect I'll be getting a Laevateinn well, well before I can hope to finish the Animus anyway, but I do like having a background long-term project to keep me occupied. I'll be getting the mythology the books need anyway, and it's nice to every so often have the bit of variety that the book quests throw up - there's been a few times when I've felt bored and didn't really know what to do, and then realised that I could work on a book. I suppose the only thing that I really don't like about the books is that waiting for slow, slow FATEs that require gold participation is a dreadful experience, and the hunting log for each book can be a bit of a chore, but I like how they can send you to out-of-the-way places you rarely visit sometimes.

I concur, aside from the Fates, I really enjoy doing the books. If I want working on my Novus is be grabbing Atma's for my Gae Bolg, just so I could do the books again.

Though, 1500 Myth per book is, too much.

I concur, aside from the Fates, I really enjoy doing the books. If I want working on my Novus is be grabbing Atma's for my Gae Bolg, just so I could do the books again.

Though, 1500 Myth per book is, too much.

I would be lion if I said I weren't initially bullish about fishing up atma a second time round, but the scales fell from my eyes once it took me hours to get my maiden atma for this set and it was like ramming my head into a wall. I got pretty crabby about seeing crazy screenshots of things like people getting twins in a row. (Probably shouldn't have been looking at the official forums anyway, they're a real scorpion's nest and it really gets my goat how people can be so awful there). I just queued up some old Archer on Netflix, and settled down for a dreadful grind. It was ridiculously hot while I was doing it, about 30 degrees in my flat, and it would have really helped to have some kind of water-bearer there to keep me hydrated through the ordeal.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I would be lion if I said I weren't initially bullish about fishing up atma a second time round, but the scales fell from my eyes once it took me hours to get my maiden atma for this set and it was like ramming my head into a wall. I got pretty crabby about seeing crazy screenshots of things like people getting twins in a row. (Probably shouldn't have been looking at the official forums anyway, they're a real scorpion's nest and it really gets my goat how people can be so awful there). I just queued up some old Archer on Netflix, and settled down for a dreadful grind. It was ridiculously hot while I was doing it, about 30 degrees in my flat, and it would have really helped to have some kind of water-bearer there to keep me hydrated through the ordeal.

I hope you feel bad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Question for all you end game grinders: How important is voice chat for coordinating stuff? I know in some other MMOs that its more or less mandatory while others are more lax on that front, depending on the people involved and player culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom