• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wait what
vpYImxt.jpg

iammeiam

i can assure you the lag is from wireless. i did the same test 2-3 weeks ago on the PS4 for the first time. the results were unpleasant.

I've been meaning to try it for a while, but needed to get a cable and then last weekend the massive routing issues kept me from even trying. It's surprising how big of a difference it makes.

Wait what

Makes sense; the existing CT only really uses half the tanks most of the time, and if they can speed up queues by not including mechanics like the towers for King Behemoth in the new CT, it's good news for everyone.

WolvenOne

This does mean though, that it will be even more important for the Tanks to be somewhat skilled.

In CT1, if there's a tank that is woefully under geared, he or she can be shuffled off into a DPS position, or towers, or whatever. If CT2 uses only three Tanks, all three are going to need to know how to do thier job.

That said, if the ilvl requirement is higher, we'll at least avoid Fresh 50s that don't know how to do thier job properly, so that should help some.

Mesharey

The pressure on the 3 tanks will be really high. ._.

In Ultimate's Bane fight tanks only need to switch after 3 (or 2 stacks) nothing else?

Enjolras

Neo Member
The pressure on the 3 tanks will be really high. ._.

In Ultimate's Bane fight tanks only need to switch after 3 (or 2 stacks) nothing else?
3 stacks is the safe switch point, but 5 stacks is when you take about 14k damage, so you can still switch at 4 if you forget. If you're the OT, it falls on you to LB3 with the last set of balls - and that's about it for tanking Ultima HM.

WolvenOne

3 stacks is the safe switch point, but 5 stacks is when you take about 14k damage, so you can still switch at 4 if you forget. If you're the OT, it falls on you to LB3 with the last set of balls - and that's about it for tanking Ultima HM.

Yeah, you can slip up and swap at 4, and you'll be fine, but even an ilvl 110 tank isn't going to last long at 5. I mean it's doable, but they'll run out of defensive CDs eventually.

Really need to go back and do that fight again some time. It was my favorite fight introduced in 2.1.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

No necessarily, MT can do it as well. That fight is pretty lax.

aceface

In the quoted image above? It says Syrcus Tower.

Oh man, pressure's on tanks.

Also watching back that live letter to see where that was, there's definitely going to be a "don't stand in the electrified water" mechanic for Ramuh. And water is like 60% of the arena.

orion434

Decided to power-level Fisher today, got to lv 36 and the Market Board is dry... not even that it's expensive, just no HQ Fishes! HQ Bouillabaisse is climbing to over 5K each... better to make my own. Shark oil, Sardines & Northern Pike.

I also realized that for non-3* Crafts I can Spirit-bond the off-hand tool while I craft away. I don't need to meld it to HQ anything other than 3* I decided that I wanted to sell pre-melded gear for players serious about getting into Crafting. Probably sell it at a loss due to melding Percentages, but I'd like to help some people out.

I was wondering if someone could help me. After playing in the PS3 beta of FFXIV I decided to hold off on immediately jumping ship to the PS4 version. I decided to take the plunge yesterday and after hours of anxiously waiting for the download to complete. I ran into a brick wall that I can't seem to overcome.

When you log in for the first time it asks you for your Squeenix id and password. My ID wont change from AdgeSexLocation my old PS3 beta ID and I cant backspace or delete the text. My Squeenix id that Im actively using is actually TorontozVeryOwn but I cant change the username part of the login screen.

Im really livid right now as I bought the Digital Downloadable version. Please help me GAF I want to join the fun :(

aceface

I was wondering if someone could help me. After playing in the PS3 beta of FFXIV I decided to hold off on immediately jumping ship to the PS4 version. I decided to take the plunge yesterday and after hours of anxiously waiting for the download to complete. I ran into a brick wall that I can't seem to overcome.

When you log in for the first time it asks you for your Squeenix id and password. My ID wont change from AdgeSexLocation my old PS3 beta ID and I cant backspace or delete the text. My Squeenix id that Im actively using is actually TorontozVeryOwn but I cant change the username part of the login screen.

Im really livid right now as I bought the Digital Downloadable version. Please help me GAF I want to join the fun :(

You can only link one sqex Id to one psn Id. Try creating a new PSN account to play your torontozveryown Id on? There may be some way to de-link your old one but I'm not sure how to do it.

Oh man they have to really introduce this:

http://youtu.be/-0NWJGmO1L4

Have they changed the looting system for CT?

From what I read online, I was under the impression you can only get 1 drop per week, I did CT for the first time last night and came out with 2 pieces of tank gear, not that I'm complaining ;)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Have they changed the looting system for CT?

From what I read online, I was under the impression you can only get 1 drop per week, I did CT for the first time last night and came out with 2 pieces of tank gear, not that I'm complaining ;)
I think they took out the restriction in 2.2.

CT2 will have it at launch though.

Mupod

T4 is hard for a tank. T_T
Tried it today for the 1st time and it's hard, my il is 86.

I don't see how it'd be a problem with echo and gear over 80, but if you're dying as offtank don't try to fight the last waves of mobs headon. If you run in wide circles around them they won't hit you much since their turn speed is slow.

WolvenOne

T4 is the first fight in the game that really requires a lot out of the Off Tank. It requires them not only to have good snap aggro and TP management, but also to have a good sense of positioning.

I know a lot of people describe T4 as, just a DPS check, and it's not that it isn't, but it's a little more then that too.

WolvenOne

BTW: am I the only one that wants to see the developers use Alexandrite's for other purposes than the Novus quest? I mean, maybe, give people the option to re-spec Relics at any stage after Novus, by using improved Sphere Grids, or something.

Also, if so, itd be nice if they made Alexandrite or Mysterious Maps sellable. That'd be a great way to nerf the Novus quest later on actually. XD

Eldren

When should a Bard learn Invigorate? Obviously I'll need it for endgame stuff but is it necessary before that? I'm level 49 and I'm at Mor Dhona in the storyline. But I just had a ridiculous Haukke Manor run via duty finder. The tank didn't tell us he was planning on doing huge floor-wide pulls so the rest of us were unprepared and we all ended up dying. So when we try again we're all doing our AOEs and pretty soon I'm struggling to keep up because I've run out of TP. Is it worth getting now, before the endgame content? I don't know if I'm looking forward to levelling lancer just yet...

Mesharey

Almost all of my items are lvl 90 except for the body it's 100, what should I spend my sol. points now? The Weathered Noct Hoplon is worth it or not? @@

Almost all of my items are lvl 90 except for the body it's 100, what should I spend my sol. points now? The Weathered Noct Hoplon is worth it or not? @@

Depends...are you going to get your Animus shield?, if not the shield should come handy, unless you want to get the leviathan shield.

Althought probably is not a big upgrade in terms of stats, so maybe you should get a ring first...

Isaccard

When should a Bard learn Invigorate? Obviously I'll need it for endgame stuff but is it necessary before that? I'm level 49 and I'm at Mor Dhona in the storyline. But I just had a ridiculous Haukke Manor run via duty finder. The tank didn't tell us he was planning on doing huge floor-wide pulls so the rest of us were unprepared and we all ended up dying. So when we try again we're all doing our AOEs and pretty soon I'm struggling to keep up because I've run out of TP. Is it worth getting now, before the endgame content? I don't know if I'm looking forward to levelling lancer just yet...

Need to level lancer for that, so whenever you feel like it I guess

suzu

Since you're close, you might as well just hit 50 first. You can use Army's Paeon for now when you get low tp.

Eldren

Since you're close, you might as well just hit 50 first. You can use Army's Paeon for now when you get low tp.

I tried using that until I realised the level sync meant I couldn't, which was a bit irritating. Good to know for future use though of course. Yeah I think I'll get BRD to 50 then just power level LNC to 22. Oh wait, I'll eventually need Blood For Blood right? Urgh ok level 34 it is.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
No matter how hard I try with a gamepad, it just doesn't feel right to me. Select a target (two clicks), select hotbar (hold), mentally figure out which of two pads the command is on, select command. Versus just clicking what I want with the mouse and frequently used actions being bound in 1-4 range.

suzu

I tried using that until I realised the level sync meant I couldn't, which was a bit irritating. Good to know for future use though of course. Yeah I think I'll get BRD to 50 then just power level LNC to 22. Oh wait, I'll eventually need Blood For Blood right? Urgh ok level 34 it is.

I felt the same way at first, but I eventually leveled it to 50 because I ended up liking the job. haha

So where is GAF most active these days anyway? And also does your name need to change when you switch servers?

Ultros. And no, not unless someone on that server has the same exact name.

Eldren

I felt the same way at first, but I eventually leveled it to 50 because I ended up liking the job. haha

Ha I actually did the same, I started as a thaumaturge but I wanted to check out archer before committing to levelling it for black mage and ended up sticking with it. In fact I just got to level 50 a few minutes ago, hooray! The last few levels weren't as bad as I was expecting, just did a bunch of dungeon grinding. Now to finish up those job quests.

The Stone Vigil run I just did was a bit of a mess though. The tank was spinning bosses around in the middle of the room and until I pointed it out the other DPS, a bard, wasn't using venomous bite or windbite but would constantly use swiftsong before every pull and every boss, which is completely pointless. Got there in the end though so it was all worth it.

WolvenOne

don't forget about Atmas

Atma's definitely need to be nerfed, but seeing as there's twelve of them, finding additional ways to use them might be tough. Alexandrites on the other hand, are technically already a crafting material, so, even outside of Relic-Re-Specing I could think of a couple different ways to utilize them.

I mean, seems a waste to create so many ways to farm up Alexandrite, then to only use them for a single quest line. It'd mean that most people would stop running hunts and such the moment they're done with their Novus.

No matter how hard I try with a gamepad, it just doesn't feel right to me. Select a target (two clicks), select hotbar (hold), mentally figure out which of two pads the command is on, select command. Versus just clicking what I want with the mouse and frequently used actions being bound in 1-4 range.

You're really over thinking the whole process. Once you get comfortable using it, it'll feel just as fluid as using a keyboard/mouse.

Also, if you don't like having to hold a trigger for action bars, it can be changed to just a button press.

Atma's definitely need to be nerfed, but seeing as there's twelve of them, finding additional ways to use them might be tough. Alexandrites on the other hand, are technically already a crafting material, so, even outside of Relic-Re-Specing I could think of a couple different ways to utilize them.

I mean, seems a waste to create so many ways to farm up Alexandrite, then to only use them for a single quest line. It'd mean that most people would stop running hunts and such the moment they're done with their Novus.

I'm sure there will be more rewards from the different tiers of Monster Hunts then just Alexandrites.

draw4wild

Im so curious at how they're going to do daily hunts that make them not seem like more rare boss fates. Last thing I wanna do is sit at a pop location waiting for a mob like I had to do for "Giant Seps," "Taste of Fear," "Big Bagoly.......it's not fun

After trying to dps Turn 7, I find it is much easier as a healer as opposed to dps haha.

Yea, the healers probably have it the easiest on that fight since you just are facing away from the raid the whole time(at least I am) so you don't have to worry about cursed voice wiping the whole party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom