• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

As usual, SCH gets fuqed when it comes to stats. Basically the only "good" update is the last Allagan Weapon, Levi and the relic may have no stats at all. Fucking SS.
If you're only looking at weapons, sure. If you look at overall equipment, then SCH is not nearly as "fuged".

desu

Not exactly.

Even at ilvl100, the Bravura at least is the second more desirable weapon available, the ilvl110 Bravura is going to be veeeeeery hard to distinguish from the High Allagan axe, and may even be slightly more desirable, depending on what stats you're trying to max out.

Also, they seem to be quite insistent that Relic weapons will eventually be the best weapons in the game. So I'm inclined to believe that they'll indeed eventually be hecka hard to beat.

You mean the i110 Bravura that does not exist in 2.2 and which might be added when people roll with High Allagan already?

Unless you can modify weapon damage, or even increase the main stats way more than i100/i110 weapons, these weapons will mean nothing (for now). Well let's wait their customization works (and how expensive it is). From the first look they are not that exciting.

Xux

I was kinda disappointed when the piano and bass come in at the beginning of the Garuda Theme and then get shoved aside for guitars. :/

MechaX

Man, I'm looking at the stats for a lot of the new Bard gear.

Unless Skill Speed got infinitely better, looks like it's the same old story (tome stuff = mostly best for Bard). High Allagan Legs and Boots look pretty good for it too. But jeez, where is the accuracy?

Teknoman

Yeah, what you are talking about is Shield Bash. Shield Swipe is the skill that you can use for a few seconds following a block, it doesn't stun, but gives a pacify debuff (most bosses ignore this though). It's main use is it's low TP cost combined with the fact it doesn't break combos so you can always use it without worry (assuming you have aggro)

Shield Swipe is the 210 potency attack that you can only use after blocking.

Yup was thinking about the wrong skill entirely :p

Do enemies build up pacify tolerance the same as stun tolerance?

Unless Skill Speed got infinitely better, looks like it's the same old story (tome stuff = mostly best for Bard). High Allagan Legs and Boots look pretty good for it too. But jeez, where is the accuracy?

BRDs don't need ACC. They hit with SONG.

Xux

They could drop the second damage buff trait and add an accuracy buff trait.

desu

Pretty much yeah, worst is that the only i110 bow has no acc at all. Made my BiS (without considering beating T9 for now) with as much acc focus as possbile, turned out like this: http://xivdb.com/?Wardrobe/9742 (would use High Allagan Choker if the acc is not needed) . Which looks roughly similiar to how it is now (just a bit more tombstone gear for accessories).

chrono01

So much new information! I'm going to have to sit down later tonight and really go through it all. It's a bit overwhelming.

I'm excited, though.

desu

Item chart forr quick comparison (stolen from reddit)
7KMOc.png

Number45

If you have a good aggro lead, and RoH debuff is up, there's no reason not to. Damage is decent enough, and it's low TP means you actually gain net TP due to passive regen. For longer fights it's really good to prevent you from every getting TP starved.

ilevel is generally most important. From there different tanks have different preferences. Based on i90 shields I prefer Onion(a high chance/low rating shield), since I value increased chance at mitigation over slightly less long term mitgation. With 2.2 though depending on where you are the choice may be made for you as there aren't a lot of options for the new tiers.

Yeah, what you are talking about is Shield Bash. Shield Swipe is the skill that you can use for a few seconds following a block, it doesn't stun, but gives a pacify debuff (most bosses ignore this though). It's main use is it's low TP cost combined with the fact it doesn't break combos so you can always use it without worry (assuming you have aggro)
Nice, thanks for the detailed breakdown. :)

aceface

Well Tomo, if you're on when I'm on, I'd love to help you through T1 - 4. Still not completed T4 but I have enough experience that I am confident we could do it if we can get a good PUG :p (or FC group now with the lock out gone).

Once I take care of T4, I'll be practicing T5 as well. Been watching quite a few vids of it today :).

Sounds good. Only tried Turn 1 and failed cause we had a few drunken pugs. Looking forward to doing it again. I think I'm usually on pretty late for you guys though? Although I have been seeing you on later.

chrono01

You could always drink a fantasia and become a catgirl...
Now we're just talking nonsense! Nonsense, I say!

As for the tutu, I don't think I'll every get the opportunity to see it on my character? Why? Because I'll be Glamour'ing that as soon as I receive it. I'm really not sure what Square-Enix was thinking regarding the one. :/

Hopefully the High Allagan gear looks nice [I don't think it's been shown yet, has it?].

Tabris

I'm going to post this here as a lot of people don't check neogaf.guildwork.com.

If you're on Ultros/GAF, we're looking for 3 players for a PST schedule 2.2 static (leviathan ex, moogle king ex, coil 1-5 farming / twin clearing, etc) that will be starting Sunday 2pm PST (gives people time to catch up on story, i90 gearing, and misc quests) and will have a weekly schedule of Tuesday 9pm-11pm, Thursday 9pm-11pm, and Sunday 2pm-4pm.

Here is the roster and openings:

PLD - Riou Midgard
PLD/WAR - Empty Spot
SMN/BLM - Empty Spot

BRD - Skoje Paleologos
MNK - Moara Din
BLM/BRD/MNK/DRG - Empty Spot
WHM - Tirazel Ashtari
WHM/SCH - Avatar Korra

Requirements: Mumble, Cleared EX Primals & Coil 1-4, and someone who can make the schedules outlined 90+% of the time.

Post on thread in neogaf.guildwork.com if interested, or just PM me here with your character name/job.

Raijinken

As for the tutu, I don't think I'll every get the opportunity to see it on my character? Why? Because I'll be Glamour'ing that as soon as I receive it. I'm really not sure what Square-Enix was thinking regarding the one. :/

Hopefully the High Allagan gear looks nice [I don't think it's been shown yet, has it?].

EDIT: Beaten.

chrono01

Wow, Leviathan's theme certainly is...something. I'm not sure if I like or dis-like it at the moment, but I do love the guitar segments.

[I cannot un-hear "Follow your food! Follow your food!"]

The other music is great. All of the Coil/dungeon songs greatly please me.

Do it, might as well give in. Or you could save your fantasia to become a bunny girl

CLBridges

Although I'm currently stuck on Titan X and Turn 1 (bows head in shame). I am really excited for the new patch. Hopefully, there will be an influx of people really looking to down the EX primals and Turns 1-5 and be serious about it. I know it's a tall order. but I'm determined to be done with current EX primals and Turns 1-5 in approximately two weeks at most. At least I know everyone level 50 will have no excuse not to be at least ilvl 90+ when joining DF groups. Wishful thinking, I know.

Kenai

If you're only looking at weapons, sure. If you look at overall equipment, then SCH is not nearly as "fuged".

Yea, SCH's gear is overall much better than last tier. High Allagan Choker, Bracelet, and Earring are all better than Tome, and the pants are basically interchangeable. Kinda bummed both sets of gloves "suck" though.

You got it, assuming everything goes according to plan.

SE is usually pretty good about getting them up on time, even early (~15-30 min sooner). The real fun will be seeing if they stay up the next few days after without requiring more downtime.

chrono01

SE is usually pretty good about getting them up on time, even early (~15-30 min sooner). The real fun will be seeing if they stay up the next few days after without requiring more downtime.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was referring to.

I'm sure the servers will be up on-time, however as to whether or not they will be stable, is another matter entirely. :(

It had better be, well, by evening-time anyway. We have new content to explore!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, that's kind of what I was referring to.

I'm sure the servers will be up on-time, however as to whether or not they will be stable, is another matter entirely. :(

It had better be, well, by evening-time anyway. We have new content to explore!

2.1 was fine in the morning.

klee123

Has it been revealed how much of the new tomes are needed for the new lvl 110 gear?

I'm assuming it's the same as the myth gear before right? 825 for the top and leg and 496 for the head, arms and feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom