• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Man, I'm looking at the stats for a lot of the new Bard gear.

Unless Skill Speed got infinitely better, looks like it's the same old story (tome stuff = mostly best for Bard). High Allagan Legs and Boots look pretty good for it too. But jeez, where is the accuracy?

Seems this way for SCH as well so far.

One thing for sure is RMT will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of ilvl 90 craftables.

Kenai

Leviathan theme is really good, although the lyrics didn't add anything to it really.

But holy crap at Lost City of Amdapor. The track labeled
Neat Event (boss fight I assume)
is pretty amazing too. I'm debating how much i like this version of
Clash on the Big Bridge
but it's definitely not bad, ramps up as the fight goes on it sounds like.

Conflicted. I really like the thought behind the upgrading the relic stuff, but think it is something that would work way better in a bigger world. Something like ff11's size. Where its more of an adventure traveling around, not just porting to the nearest town, and moving 1 minute out of town to find the mob, then queing for the instance's where the bosses are you need to kill.

Ala Alba

You know, looking at people talk about best gear makes me glad I main a BLM, where pretty much anything works as long as the accuracy is there.

Man, I'm looking at the stats for a lot of the new Bard gear.

Unless Skill Speed got infinitely better, looks like it's the same old story (tome stuff = mostly best for Bard). High Allagan Legs and Boots look pretty good for it too. But jeez, where is the accuracy?

Looks about half and half. 6 allagan pieces and 5 myth not including weapons.

Head / Allagan
Body / Myth
Hands / Allagan
Wrist / Myth
Waist / Myth
Legs / Allagan
Feet / Allagan
Ring 1 / Allagan
Ring 2 / Myth
Neck / Allagan
Ear / Myth

Some pictures from the GAF on Ultros meet up before maintenance:
1921015_10152291023745568_1817065099_o.jpg
1780020_10152291023750568_1623316553_o.jpg
1941522_10152291023820568_1959287071_o.jpg

So the allagan fists I got 2 weeks ago are going to be basic tier gear almost instantly? I'm sad now :(

Look at it this way, at least you didn't get your Allagan Baghnakhs this Monday like me lol. At least they'll be useful to fight the stuff for the better weapons.

Oh my God.

OH MY GOD.
NVD fight. O.O

The upgraded Sphairai looks pretty damn good, I like the white.

EDIT: Ew SE, why Skill Speed on the High Allagan Monk gear? SS is straight trash next to Crit/Det.

If we do
indeed fight darnus again I wonder how different it would be in comparison to the original hard mode. Which was a fun fight. Too bad white ravens turned to complete shit but was fun though lol

chrono01

It took me three tries to download the patch, I kept getting an error halfway through. :/

It's installed now, though! Now to wait for the servers to come back online...

Oh man, those Turn 9 spoilers.

If it's Nael van Darnus, you guys who never played 1.0 are in for a damn amazing fight. With the much superior version of Gaius' theme which was originally Nael's.

WolvenOne

Okay, games downloaded. Amazing that the download actually went smoothly this time, feels like Square upgraded the bandwidth for that server, or something.

WolvenOne

On the vocals, you can hear the accent of the vocalists a bit more then in the previous Primal themes, and there are segments of it that're a little, uh, "boopier?" I think it'll work just fine at the end of the day, and I personally do like it, but I can understand why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. XD

Sophia

If it's Nael van Darnus, you guys who never played 1.0 are in for a damn amazing fight. With the much superior version of Gaius' theme which was originally Nael's.

YE POTENTIAL MAJOR BINDING COIL SPOILERS AND SUCH COMING.

I've been wondering if we'll fight Louisoix. They've been hinting at the fact that he may have been tempered by Bahamut, what with how he acted at the end of Turn 5.

Man, the Leviathan theme is pretty baller. Not as good as the Titan one, but still way better than Garuda and Ifrit.

All the boss themes should have Metal Gear Rising-style ramp up as shit gets real. It's way better.

Watching the first few episodes of the MMO-Anime Log Horizon and Sword Art Online. Both are pretty entertaining and I like hearing them use all the terms we've grown so familiar with.

Also watched The Raid since the second one comes out soon. Nothing to do with a MMO other than that apartment is one long Raid, haha.

Nice - how does this work, exactly? I've also got a (unopened) PS3 CE - is there a code in there that I can apply to my mogstation? And then I'll just get the PS4 CE goodies in the mail?

well you put the code in on the PS store actually
So I see Battle on the Big Bridge is going to be added to the DF. How many player trial is that

Alex

Googling this and watching a video sincerely induced a cringe, good lord 1.x was such a mess. It's like all of the bad elements of XI, amplified when I'm watching everyone spend most of their time at a complete stand still mixed with all of the fighting with the UI and stilted animation

WolvenOne

Considering that Sands of Time are used to convert ilvl100 Tome equipment into iLvl110 equipment, I rather doubt it'll drop in Coil 2. Unless it was a drop that went directly into your inventory without lotting, it'd render the loot tables for Coil 2 a complete mess.

I think it's more likely that it'll be rewarded once a week for completing certain Trials. Perhaps beating all Extreme Primals + King Moogle, or something along these lines.

Honestly, I suspect there must be some surprises we haven't seen yet. There are a number of items that should be absurdly valuable, and we have no idea where they drop. The only thing that makes sense is that there are Fates, Trials, Boss Fights, and repeatable quests we haven't yet heard about.

Or that we are once again, going to have to down Primals repeatedly for "Special Barter Currency."

WolvenOne

An insider has just informed me that Sands of Time are awarded upon completion of all four Beastmen Daily Quests, and that upon completion you'll be able to reset these quests in order to farm more Sands.

Xux

An insider has just informed me that Sands of Time are awarded upon completion of all four Beastmen Daily Quests, and that upon completion you'll be able to reset these quests in order to farm more Sands.
Well...all four would take 80 days to do? So that'd be over a year for five.

Noi

yooooooooooooo 4.5k gil reward for being the person in need for everything but trials and guildhest roulette. I'm totally ok with this.

Edit: Looks like 1:4 exchange rate for Myth to Phil was right. I got 500 myth for trading in 2k phil tomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom