• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys? Marriage info?

Guys? ._.

2.4 at the earliest, so another 2 months before you hear anything in the first half of the live letter. Also same sex marriage, 2 person mount(maybe), and able to divorce, that's all that's been said.

I just head that frontline pvp is going to be up to 72 players!? is this old info?

Unless it randomizes your grand company(which going by that post it most likely won't) then it will not be 72 players for long. You'll see 2 "maybe" 3 weeks of 72 player matches and then it will shit the bed as less people queue for it(no longer new to some at that point) and then the fact that Limsa and Grid both trump Uldah in terms of people attached to said gc. The moment a lot of people from Uldah bow out is the moment 72 queues die.

I leave the damage to the DPS.

Enmity = damage for me.

It causes Blind, Blind = damage reduction.

The Warrior version doesn't cause Blind though. I pretty much only use Flash when I can't position myself to hit everything with Overpower or when I'm Pacified.

WolvenOne

In a fight where you're going to be doing a lot of pulls, and won't necessarily have downtime to recover TP after an Overpower spam, since Flash doesn't use TP, its handy as a means of conserving the resource. I usually start with an Overpower or two, but then weave in Flash's between Butcher-Block Combo's, to keep mobs from flying off.

Also, it's useful for T7, since you don't have to look towards an enemy to be able to use it.

BadRNG

then the fact that Limsa and Grid both trump Uldah in terms of people attached to said gc. The moment a lot of people from Uldah bow out is the moment 72 queues die.
Oh? Do you have a source for this? I remember when they released that Eorzea census back around 2.1 Immortal Flames had the most people, followed very closely by Twin Adders, and then Maelstrom were a fair bit behind both. That was over half a year ago of course. Anecdotally I seem to see a lot more Maelstrom, but I am curious if you had some hard stats.

I really wish they'd do another Eorzea census, I thought the information was pretty interesting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Warrior version doesn't cause Blind though. I pretty much only use Flash when I can't position myself to hit everything with Overpower or when I'm Pacified.

Yeah I guess, I can't really comment on Warrior tanking.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Out of curiosity I looked up how primal and Nael fights looked in 1.xx

4Q0otVG.jpg

NeOak

It's just like XI pretty much except you can marry same sex people.
Shit.

Shiiiiiiiiit.

Thank god its like FFXI. Fucking sucks that my friend is able to marry any of the vultures that play catgi...

Oh wait, she said if it was like XI's, she was going to marry my character.

Carry on.

WolvenOne

Don't really see the appeal in in-game marriage myself. I mean, I guess the two person mount is cute, but it's not as if I could use it often. XD

Haly

I could finally say I got married in a game.

*ticks one more thing off of my #nolifebucketlist*

NeOak

Another thing. Suggestions for having limited time due to work but if I want to kinda do endgame?

Besides daily roulette to cap Soldiery, queue for First Coil too until I can find a group that works with my schedule for Coil 2?

Im too lazy really D:

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Another thing. Suggestions for having limited time due to work but if I want to kinda do endgame?

Besides daily roulette to cap Soldiery, queue for First Coil too until I can find a group that works with my schedule for Coil 2?

Im too lazy really D:

Apply for dismissal

WolvenOne

Im too lazy really D:

One step at a time fella. Try to get through T5 first, until you can do that, I really wouldn't seriously consider Second Coil.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just bought the PS3 version and got the upgrade. I haven't played this since the beta. It's currently running a 6 GB install after the 6 GB download. Here's hoping for the best damn experience I've ever had in an MMO.

With one of our tanks being on vacation for another 2 weeks or so, we're currently looking for a temp tank to help us ride through Coil2.

Anyone interested in filling that spot contact me @ Mira Mora, Aeana (Tiv Einsfell) or TheDancingWatermelon (Odoru Suika). PMs are fine if you can't find us in game.

We're not asking you to be an expert or anything, but we do expect you to have a little understanding of Turns 6-8 mechanics and a decent mix of i90/Soldiery gear. Also, don't worry about any loot restrictions as there won't be any; if you can wear it, you can roll for it.

PS: This is for Ultros.

Just a reminder!

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched a video of a 1.x Garuda EX wipe. Was 1.0 a game punctuated by long periods of nothing happening? Did it have a 10-second GCD?

There wasn't a GCD really, all skills had cooldowns, you had to build up TP for stuff like Chaos Thrust and you were locked in place when you did a move. Any move.

On the other hand, 1.0 Nael had a cooler arena!!!!(!)

system11

So FFXIV just became the third game I've modded a controller for.

I've had a long and unpleasant history with lower arm/hand problems due to my work and from time to time it flares back up. I told my employers the new desks would eventually cause me trouble, and here we are.

So, since I'm stuck off work now able to just type a few posts per day at most, I took the opportunity to optimise the DS4 a bit. These upgrades are recommended for anyone else with similar nagging problems.

1) Removed the LED source for the light strip - it was annoying.
2) Removed the rumble motors - makes the pad noticeably lighter.
3) Installed rubber stops to limit trigger movement - this was a VERY easy mod, take a DS4 apart and youll see 2 alcoves by each trigger - just cut a block of rubber to fit in there and stop the trigger higher than the existing plastic stop does. Didn't even need glue.

So the triggers are like very low resistance buttons now for crossbar use (holding them requires much less muscle effort) and the thing is lighter. Looking forward to being able to use it sooner rather than later :/

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There wasn't a GCD really, all skills had cooldowns, you had to build up TP for stuff like Chaos Thrust and you were locked in place when you did a move. Any move.

On the other hand, 1.0 Nael had a cooler arena!!!!(!)

I dunno, I'd rather trade stairs for meteors that don't defy gravity and logic.
On second thought, what doesn't defy gravity and logic in Coil.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I felt stupid just now. I downloaded all 12 GB onto my PS3 today, then I go to log in and realize I can't. It was working fine earlier, then I realized something. I upgraded to the PS4 version once I had logged in to install the remaining 6/12 GB. I installed 12 GB for nothing. Now my PS4 is downloading it and the que is probably going be over an hour or so. I completely forgot the PS3 version stops working.

tenchir

2.4 at the earliest, so another 2 months before you hear anything in the first half of the live letter. Also same sex marriage, 2 person mount(maybe), and able to divorce, that's all that's been said.

Unless it randomizes your grand company(which going by that post it most likely won't) then it will not be 72 players for long. You'll see 2 "maybe" 3 weeks of 72 player matches and then it will shit the bed as less people queue for it(no longer new to some at that point) and then the fact that Limsa and Grid both trump Uldah in terms of people attached to said gc. The moment a lot of people from Uldah bow out is the moment 72 queues die.

According to xivsoul.com, Uldah and Gridania are very close for first and second place. It's Limsa that is behind.

Haly

I wish Limsa had half the Crystals network Uldah did.

But what I really want is that, for the Gladiator's Guild Crystal, maybe it could take me into the Gladiator Guild instead of a short walk outside of it.

Haly

I like Uldah's fashion, but I like Limsa's architecture.

Gridania is just generic elven hippy town fuck that noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom