• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Have FATEs ever been the best way to level?

Got my chocobo to level 3 tonight. It's pretty slow going though. Wish they would fix the dungeon queue thing so I could have him out all the time.

On release Fates were by far the best way to level.

So I just bought the NA standard edition (digital) for PC (I'll start playing tomorrow). I played some of the beta, but it's my first real MMORPG. I'm ready to be overwhelmed.
):
Planning to start as a Conjurer, but I'm not sure yet.

Does anyone know how bad is the ping for Brazillian players?

UrSuLeTzU

m1c7sym.png

Mama Kags with papa Kiri and our son Felix. One big happy family.. of tears.

Teknoman

I like Uldah's fashion, but I like Limsa's architecture.

Gridania is just generic elven hippy town fuck that noise.

it's all about dat thanalan BGM song yo

Yup yup. La noscea isnt bad at all though. Maelstrom has a much better HQ theme...that would be the only reason i'd ditch the Flames. That and at least Merlwyb is kinda inspiring.

Damn, I'm going to miss those zergs.

Heh...just wait until relic questline.

Wolves' Den is going to be 100% completely dead in 2.3 unless they put in something way more attractive than 400 xp per week in the challenge log. Especially since you get myth/soldiery in Frontlines.

And if morale is really completely gone in Frontlines, the only difference between the PVP set and PVE gear is that the PVP set will be missing a secondary stat (since morale takes up one of them). Which makes me wonder if we've heard the whole story or if they really didn't think this through at all. Why reward people with a gear set that has no purpose?

Morale PvP gear has a purpose, to be used in the Wolves' Den.

The problem is that Squenix for whatever reason adds content to this game backwards of how other MMOs do it. The hardest raid content (Coil) is added before the 2nd tier raid content (CT). Similarly, the Arena PvP mode was added before the Battlegrounds mode. Most MMOs put the BGs in first and then add Arena afterwards for the hardcore esports players.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Thanks to all the amazing peeps for helping me tonight. Pretty psyched to be actively involved in this guild!

iammeiam

I got Titan story in LLDR today. He's such a wimp! And I feel like the characters should realize by now that all killing Primals actually accomplishes is leveling them up. All defeating Titan has done has taught him to start a gang, imprison people, and use explosives. Eorzea's vigilante justice system is broken!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Just buy the soundtrack through the SE store they come with the minion. I bought my copy not that long ago and got one no problem. There was a whole thing on the forums about people buying it recently and they all got the minion. A rep from SE even said they do come with it and you could always email and ask just to be sure.

Digital Store doesn't send outside of the US though, does it?
I'm still screwed.

Yeah but I'd like to see the kill. I mean hell, after getting the 25% off the Echo it should be a cake walk. Bleh. Maybe I'll have some luck this week. We'll see.

Ohoho...Echo makes that fight ten times worse at times. Phases get pushed too fast, sometimes you get unfavorable results.

In other news, why do Japanese players blog so much as compared to the English ones?

CLBridges

Well, my time with this game is coming to an end. My current sub expires on July 15 and I've decided to not renew. At least I'll be around for a little of 2.3, but I think I've reached that point of not really being that interested anymore. Maybe I'll come back and take a look at it after expansion release.

suzu

Ahhhh the cute mandragoras. :D The fight will probably be easy peasy if it's part of the Hildebrand quests.

Maybe the elezen is Shiva in human form~

dcye

GAF, I've been having an issue with ACT. Does anyone have any knowledge of the program in depth?

Basically, in parsing T8 today, we had some really weird dps number discrepancies in my dps between different peoples parsers. While all other dps were largely the same in both parsers (biggest difference of 2dps/sec) my damage is parsing out hugely different between parsers.

My parser on a run parsed 100 dps/sec and 20k total damage higher on my own ACT than it did on the other BRD's parser. How is this even possible? If it was a settings issue or a chat filter issue it would surely affect all of the dps readings, yeah? It's not affecting the other BRD's numbers either, so it can't be a BRD specific problem. I'm at a total loss. Any ideas?

MogCakes

It's the mandragoras from FFXII! Hype get. That Elezen seems to be sporting a waist-length hairstyle, wonder when we'll finally get those.

Heh, I remember the fun it was trying to spawn the Mandagora gang in the Feywood. Hope it's a fun fight at least. Was wondering when we would get more info about this.

Alucrid

Banned
GAF, I've been having an issue with ACT. Does anyone have any knowledge of the program in depth?

Basically, in parsing T8 today, we had some really weird dps number discrepancies in my dps between different peoples parsers. While all other dps were largely the same in both parsers (biggest difference of 2dps/sec) my damage is parsing out hugely different between parsers.

My parser on a run parsed 100 dps/sec and 20k total damage higher on my own ACT than it did on the other BRD's parser. How is this even possible? If it was a settings issue or a chat filter issue it would surely affect all of the dps readings, yeah? It's not affecting the other BRD's numbers either, so it can't be a BRD specific problem. I'm at a total loss. Any ideas?

uh is it lumping limit into your dps?

IvorB

So I was thinking of buying this game for my mate for his birthday along with a few months subscription (PS3). Is this possible? I couldn't see any time cards on Amazon except the ones for PC.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So I was thinking of buying this game for my mate for his birthday along with a few months subscription (PS3). Is this possible? I couldn't see any time cards on Amazon except the ones for PC.
You add subscription to your SE account anyway, the platform doesn't matter.

I truly wish there were some story choices available in-game, sure being a FF hero is cool and all, but I can do that in the single player games. Let me be an FF villain.

I don't think eorza stand a chance, if we get someone more competent in charge on the invasion.

orion434

Are there any good methods to Spirit-bonding mid-tier Craftsman Gear to get Type II Materia? Basically I need Competence II & Command II. For example, what is the lowest level gear that can give me Craftsman II Materia and not give me Type I?

Are there any good methods to Spirit-bonding mid-tier Craftsman Gear to get Type II Materia? Basically I need Competence II & Command II. For example, what is the lowest level gear that can give me Craftsman II Materia and not give me Type I?

I would try for 35-40 gear. Maybe a few levels earlier too.

orion434

I would try for 35-40 gear. Maybe a few levels earlier too.

Sound good! Read other threads and it's suggested that Type II should be guaranteed from ilv 30, going to test this later. Type II are selling for more than Type III lately. Sold a full set of max-melded Weaver Gear ( left-side )
Last night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom