• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
French players are just the worst.
Sorry if that offends somebody but I've been having the worst experience with french players in this game.

Aeana

Sorry if that offends somebody but I've been having the worst experience with french players in this game.
I thought controller users were the worst.
I can't keep up with all of the people who are inferior to you, I guess.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I thought controller users were the worst.
I can't keep up with all of the people who are inferior to you, I guess.

You know who's really bad?
French people with controllers!

But no seriously, a tank that runs into the boss room without waiting for the rest of the party (one member was having controller issues) and then when the party logically wipes, goes "kick me, I'm not doing anything else". Dragoons and BLMs who refuse to listen to instructions on how to dodge Coincutter and eat fruits to cleanse debuffs (language issues ruled out because they talk otherwise). I used plural because it was multiple instances. I mean... Come on!

Maybe I'm just having a bad week.

aceface

French people are bad at MMOs has to be the most amusingly random ethnic stereotype I've heard in awhile.

But how are you running into these horrible French players?? I've gotten one in DF during my 10 months playing this game.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
French people are bad at MMOs has to be the most amusingly random ethnic stereotype I've heard in awhile.

But how are you running into these horrible French players?? I've gotten one in DF during my 10 months playing this game.

EU server.
I'm not trying to stereotype anybody! It's my experience. I'm not gonna give any player bad attitude before he actually does something stupid repeatedly.
I dunno!

I'm french, i'm not happy with this.

You know who's really bad?
French people with controllers!

But no seriously, a tank that runs into the boss room without waiting for the rest of the party (one member was having controller issues) and then when the party logically wipes, goes "kick me, I'm not doing anything else". Dragoons and BLMs who refuse to listen to instructions on how to dodge Coincutter and eat fruits to cleanse debuffs (language issues ruled out because they talk otherwise). I used plural because it was multiple instances. I mean... Come on!

Maybe I'm just having a bad week.
it's bad week , i've seen the same thing from english people.
It's another proof that every nation has bad players
Now learn to say "forever alone" in French.

"A jamais seul"

IvorB

Speaking of eating debuff fruit: Immortal Flames are sending me to Aurum Vale... :-( I wonder if the wait times are still in hours.

WolvenOne

Is, there another liveletter between now and 2.3? or something?

I keep waiting for them to release a 2.3 trailer, keep thinking it should be any day now, but if there's another event of some sort before the patch goes live, that might explain why we haven't seen anything yet.

I mean, as of yesterday it was three weeks exactly until patch day. Wouldn't think they'd be holding off too much longer. <_<;;

aceface

Is, there another liveletter between now and 2.3? or something?

I keep waiting for them to release a 2.3 trailer, keep thinking it should be any day now, but if there's another event of some sort before the patch goes live, that might explain why we haven't seen anything yet.

I mean, as of yesterday it was three weeks exactly until patch day. Wouldn't think they'd be holding off too much longer. <_<;;

There's an event in...wait for it...France! the weekend right before the patch release.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Judging by how badly it went last night, I'm probably never going to be able to clear Titan Ex without buying myself a new high end PC rig, and getting a WTFast (or something similar) sub.

First run through wasn't too bad, got to heart with a couple of deaths before I died. But each subsequent run through, dodging the stacked plumes became pretty much impossible. I tried the "keep sprint up as much as possible" route, I tried "spam Ruin II forever to get the server to notice me" and I tried the "move before the plumes appear". Needless to say, I still got hit by 3 plumes and died instantly.

What's the best way forward? I thought going SMN would give me the best shot at learning with the magic sprint button and instant casts, but clearly that didn't work. Tanking him might be better, but if dodging stacked plumes is going to be an issue, I don't see that working out too well either. (And I'm really, really not going to be healing it any time soon.)

One of the tanks suggested that I could stand off to the side, avoiding the stacked plumes issue, but before that could happen, I was kicked. (I did kind of ask for it saying that clearly I was the weak spot when the other tank said "we need to focus on the worst player", so I'm not mad about it. At least I didn't have to eat the 30min penalty.) Is that strategy viable? If so, how can I get a team to agree to it? PF's been pretty slow with the "learning party" strategy.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Guys as a Brit I'd be thankful if you didn't blatantly steal our cultural heritage of pointlessly insulting the French in future, thanks, it's all we've got anymore.

not random at all. that line is common on euro servers. sometimes you will run into random bad players that check all languages, but refuse to communicate when problems arise. i wouldn't say they're representative, but that's where the prejudices come from.

aceface

Judging by how badly it went last night, I'm probably never going to be able to clear Titan Ex without buying myself a new high end PC rig, and getting a WTFast (or something similar) sub.

First run through wasn't too bad, got to heart with a couple of deaths before I died. But each subsequent run through, dodging the stacked plumes became pretty much impossible. I tried the "keep sprint up as much as possible" route, I tried "spam Ruin II forever to get the server to notice me" and I tried the "move before the plumes appear". Needless to say, I still got hit by 3 plumes and died instantly.

What's the best way forward? I thought going SMN would give me the best shot at learning with the magic sprint button and instant casts, but clearly that didn't work. Tanking him might be better, but if dodging stacked plumes is going to be an issue, I don't see that working out too well either. (And I'm really, really not going to be healing it any time soon.)

One of the tanks suggested that I could stand off to the side, avoiding the stacked plumes issue, but before that could happen, I was kicked. (I did kind of ask for it saying that clearly I was the weak spot when the other tank said "we need to focus on the worst player", so I'm not mad about it. At least I didn't have to eat the 30min penalty.) Is that strategy viable? If so, how can I get a team to agree to it? PF's been pretty slow with the "learning party" strategy.

I beat Titan ex on a two year old macbook which chugs badly (seriously I'm lucky to get 20 fps) and I was able to avoid the plumes by sprinting every time + knowing they were coming. That being said I did stand apart from the main group just south so if I did get hit by a plume it would be only one (which you can easily live through after echo) rather than the whole group. As long as you stand in a straight line coming down from Titan and all dodge left you shouldn't mess up the rest of the group.

Guri

Hey guys, I have a friend who tried to play the game but isn't the license holder. Is there any way to work around that? Being a second holder or something?

EDIT: Never mind. It was just an issue of not upgrading properly from PS3.

EDIT 2: "Although now I can't log on and apparently neither of my email addresses are linked to my account." -- Any ideas?

Nova Crystallis: How do you feel in regards to players win-trading in Duty Finder PvP?

Yoshida: If you see someone abusing this, feel free to report it. Yes it&#8217;s a concern that people are abusing the system, but we have to think why are people doing this? There are some people that really want to do PvP but every time they get in, their gear is not good enough to compete with their opponents, so the only way to get that gear is by winning. It creates this loop of wanting to play, but being unable to play and by using that method players can get up there.

We realize this is a problem, so in 2.3 we are adding new types of actions and things that ignore Morale so that these players have a better chance of getting up to that same level as the higher players. If this doesn&#8217;t work, we may have to look at ways of controlling this type of mini-abuse &#8211; we want to see what happens in 2.3 and go from there. Rather than banning them for this action, it&#8217;s better for us to find a method so players won&#8217;t do this, and everyone can have fun. That&#8217;s our job.

Proof enough right there as to why Frontlines has no morale and an ilvl sync, they don't want to handle wintraders in a proper way so they let them effect everyone else when it comes to design choices.

Mesharey

*bookmarks the interview*

I FINALLY won against Ultima with il 90+ party. XD
How did they make entry level for the fight il 61. :/

Can I equip 2 sol. rings?
One of them is myth, someone told me I can't use 2 sol. rings.

You can equip two of them but one of them has to be upgrade from weathered with an item from T7. Then you can equip a combo like the Daystar Ring and a Weathered Daystar Ring.

Ken

You can use one weathered sol ring and one Unweathered sol ring.

MechaX

SHOTS FIRED

To be honest, I kind of wonder that myself sometimes.

Any pad player summoners here? I'm two levels from 50 so any end game tips for playing summoner on a pad?

Embrace the fact that you will probably have two full hotbars to switch between. I don't use Bio macro, but I do free up buttons with a Spur + Rouse macro and also Swiftcast + Shadowflare (with Rez mapped elsewhere, so I can at least use Swiftcast + Rez if needed). I keep all of my dots, aetherflow skills, enkindle, contagion, and shadow flare stuff on my main hotbar. I disable the pet hot bar and just put a few pet commands (like steady, obey, heel, and place) on my second hot bar (since I rarely find myself needing every pet command besides those). Virus + Eye for Eye, Sprint, Tridisaster, etc also go on the second hotbar. You may have to change things up depending on if you need Titan-Egi or Ifrit-Egi for any reason, but I seriously doubt that.

To be honest, I kind of wonder that myself sometimes.

Embrace the fact that you will probably have two full hotbars to switch between. I don't use Bio macro, but I do free up buttons with a Spur + Rouse macro and also Swiftcast + Shadowflare (with Rez mapped elsewhere, so I can at least use Swiftcast + Rez if needed). I keep all of my dots, aetherflow skills, enkindle, contagion, and shadow flare stuff on my main hotbar. I disable the pet hot bar and just put a few pet commands (like steady, obey, heel, and place) on my second hot bar (since I rarely find myself needing every pet command besides those). Virus + Eye for Eye, Sprint, Tridisaster, etc also go on the second hotbar. You may have to change things up depending on if you need Titan-Egi or Ifrit-Egi for any reason, but I seriously doubt that.

Yeah I figure I'm a hae to change my hotbar from what it is. Thanks for the advice. That 2.1 patch did really help pad player though. Also if you can post a pic of how your two hotbars that be cool. If you want to.

More skill speed is nice up to a certain point but I think they emphasize it a tad too much...

Stupid BRD soldiery gear...

Is any of the MNK crafted stuff worth it, or should I wait and see how the new CT gear is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom