• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

godjesus finally

jbetV21W5N7aLD.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yoshida: To answer your first question, internally we are currently working on a new type of system that will allow players to directly filter and report as soon as you see it.
Based Yoship.

Also that was probably the most unique interview I've read that avoided standard questions and predictably dodgy answers.

More skill speed is nice up to a certain point but I think they emphasize it a tad too much...

Stupid BRD soldiery gear...

Is any of the MNK crafted stuff worth it, or should I wait and see how the new CT gear is?

You should get more skill speed for bard! 621 and you are golden.

Mengetsu

I have a question that I couldn't find an answer too in the OP's post so bare with me.

I made an account during the beta for this game and I decided I would pick it up later but I had missed the last sale of the game so I need to know if what I'm going to do is possible without messing up my friends account. I have a PS4 but would like to buy the PS3 version of this game because it's cheeper atm but my friend has the game on his PS3 already so I wanted to know if I got game for PS3 and did the transfer to the PS4 from his PS3 is ok. I don't own a PS3 and wanted to make sure I could do this from his PS3 and when I transfer my account to my PS4 he would still be able to play his game fine. I know this is kinda complicated and most would say just get the PS4 version and avoid this but im short on money right now and I'm gonna trade some stuff in to get it. Thanks.

skill speed is not that bad for warriors. it was pretty in vogue for a while. i was making good bucks with those materia stacks on my retainers.

still undecided if i should meld it on new accessories. it is certainly more fun than waiting.

Semper88

Leveling my first DPS class - pugilist. Will I stick with it? Who knows. I was only taking it to 15 incase it was the ninja subjob, but it's pretty fun to play.

Pugi / Monk is probably one of the few classes with a real rotation / placement.

Haven't got one yet tho, trying to get the Animus on my warrior before playing a next role.

Tho i can say that Bards are a no go for me, if you want boring 4 button spam go for it :D

Number45

I have a question that I couldn't find an answer too in the OP's post so bare with me.

I made an account during the beta for this game and I decided I would pick it up later but I had missed the last sale of the game so I need to know if what I'm going to do is possible without messing up my friends account. I have a PS4 but would like to buy the PS3 version of this game because it's cheeper atm but my friend has the game on his PS3 already so I wanted to know if I got game for PS3 and did the transfer to the PS4 from his PS3 is ok. I don't own a PS3 and wanted to make sure I could do this from his PS3 and when I transfer my account to my PS4 he would still be able to play his game fine. I know this is kinda complicated and most would say just get the PS4 version and avoid this but im short on money right now and I'm gonna trade some stuff in to get it. Thanks.
I'm not sure this would be possible with the PS version - as far as I recall the username is hard coded on the client, which means you won't be able to login with a different SE account name.

Unless that hard coding disappears if you run it under a different profile? I haven't tried so I'm not sure, but that might work.

Enjolras

Neo Member
I beat Titan ex on a two year old macbook which chugs badly (seriously I'm lucky to get 20 fps) and I was able to avoid the plumes by sprinting every time + knowing they were coming. That being said I did stand apart from the main group just south so if I did get hit by a plume it would be only one (which you can easily live through after echo) rather than the whole group. As long as you stand in a straight line coming down from Titan and all dodge left you shouldn't mess up the rest of the group.
Maybe I'll give it another try then, with me standing south. Perhaps me blaming the PS4 was unfair of me, and that it's mostly just down to EU general latency. Maybe my ISP's just not doing a good enough job. Whatever it is, I have no problems dodging plumes on HM on my WAR. :/

Leveling my first DPS class - pugilist. Will I stick with it? Who knows. I was only taking it to 15 incase it was the ninja subjob, but it's pretty fun to play.
PGL started off as me getting my subjob for my future BRD. Now, my ARC's lvl20, and my MNK's lvl48. There's something very satisfying when you get Greased Lightning 3 and you're juggling combos, DoTs and buffs/debuffs to make everything work.

Maybe I'll give it another try then, with me standing south. Perhaps me blaming the PS4 was unfair of me, and that it's mostly just down to EU general latency. Maybe my ISP's just not doing a good enough job. Whatever it is, I have no problems dodging plumes on HM on my WAR. :/

are you playing on wireless? go wired and it'll be much easier.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So I buy a wireless keyboard for the PS4 version only to discover 2.28 broke switching input languages.

...Back to crooking in front of the PC with me

IvorB

The game links the console, PSN account and client together. So while it may be possible I don't think it's all that straight forward. I don't think you will be able to pop the disc in and go for it.

dramatis

I need the name of that top.

For research.
The appearance of that top is race-specific, if you're not a Highlander it won't look like that.

You will have to add your PSN account to your friend's PS3 and try to link your PSN account to your game license. However, I'm not sure how smoothly that will go.

orion434

It's been a very long time, but I've run out of HQ materials to sell. Talking about Gold Nuggets, Darksteel Nuggets, Hippogryph Leather, Twinthread & Undyed Felt. Even the materials to make these items have become pretty scarce... NQ Darksteel Ore selling for 600 Gil each? WTF?

I tested ilv 30 equipment to Spiritbond, got a nice cache of Type II Craftsman Materia, then went on to try for some Type IV's out of 2 sets I got 1 Competence IV. That Spiritbonding potion is a godsend, I didn't even have to meld or use Aetheryte Rings, 2 sets in ~ 45 mins in a party in the South Shroud killing Water Sprites.

There was a team if 4... one guy was making gear, giving it to his friends to continue to bond, I took notes on what they were converting and what Materia they were getting, it was like they were professionals at this.

Apparently Futtbuck Senior was not an acceptable name and it had to be changed. I guess they didn't like Futtbuch Senior either, lol. They threatened me with suspensions.

As of now I am Emocar Cri

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That was a good interview with YoshiP. I'm surprised how in tune he is with recent MMO trends, I wouldn't have expected that level of savvy from a Japanese console developer.

Really excited for FFXIV in the coming months.

So I buy a wireless keyboard for the PS4 version only to discover 2.28 broke switching input languages.

...Back to crooking in front of the PC with me

What do you mean by this?

So in other news I finally saved up 1500 myth for the first book. I was thinking that while I was doing that I would save up 1500 for the next and maybe a little extra to upgrade the few slots I have ilvl 70 gear. I got really lucky with the FATEs, so I'm thinking I'm gonna be done waaaay before I come even close to raising enough myths. So it'll be the myth grinding that will be slowing me down. That's a little disappointing. They really need to lower the price on those damned books.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What do you mean by this?

So in other news I finally saved up 1500 myth for the first book. I was thinking that while I was doing that I would save up 1500 for the next and maybe a little extra to upgrade the few slots I have ilvl 70 gear. I got really lucky with the FATEs, so I'm thinking I'm gonna be done waaaay before I come even close to raising enough myths. So it'll be the myth grinding that will be slowing me down. That's a little disappointing. They really need to lower the price on those damned books.

You used to be able to switch between input languages by pressing ~. Like for example between English and Japanese or English and Russian.
It's not available since 2.28, in fact there's no method to switch language at all, it's English all the time.

You used to be able to switch between input languages by pressing ~. Like for example between English and Japanese or English and Russian.
It's not available since 2.28, in fact there's no method to switch language at all, it's English all the time.

I still don't follow, sorry. How does input language affect anything? I don't think the game has autocorrect. Or is for those default messages that you receive in the language you have you GUI setup to?

If it's the language of your keyboard, you can change that in the PS4 device settings.

I really don't understand what you're talking about.

Allard

You can only play frontlines with members of your GC?

GAF/Maelstrom reckt

Not sure why people thought it would be differently, unlike Wolf's Den this event is specifically categorized by Grand Companies, and you have to explicitly register for one the 3 companies (a second time) to even participate, your PvP achievements are also tied to your PvP GC affiliation etc. and Yoshida mentioned from the start that your GC affiliation would matter in PvP for Frontlines. The good thing is your affiliation isn't set in stone, the bad thing is I think changing to a new affiliation resets your rank (but I don't know if it saves your former rank if you were to go back to your old affiliation later, if so it shouldn't be too hard for all friends to change affiliations to a specific one for several matches and switch back to your normal).

Guess PvP queues for the smaller GC's are going to be pretty short :).

(for those wondering, a french mod on official forum mentioned you will need to be affiliated with the same GC in order to play together)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...g-Frontlines?p=2203471&viewfull=1#post2203471

Dunan

I still don't follow, sorry. How does input language affect anything? I don't think the game has autocorrect. Or is for those default messages that you receive in the language you have you GUI setup to?

If it's the language of your keyboard, you can change that in the PS4 device settings.

I really don't understand what you're talking about.

It used to be possible to switch what language your keyboard was inputting very, very easily on the PS4, particularly compared to the PS3 where if you wanted to input Japanese, you had to switch your system language to Japanese, because an English-language system didn't even allow for a Japanese keyboard.

In a game where you're playing with people from all over the world and might want to type in several different languages besides the one you're playing the game in, on-the-fly keyboard switching is very important. Having to step out of the game and go to device settings is a big annoyance.

chrono01

So no (official) parsers anytime soon I guess... lol
I believe he's mentioned something about target dummies that help you parse your damage, although I believe that's only for the PVP side of things. For PVE, and a parser in-general, I wouldn't expect anything like that. Basically, just don't talk about parsers, and you should be fine. Still, having one built in-game would be convenience, but it's not really needed.

That being said, I don't personally use one. I'd find it too distracting in-battle if I did. >_<

[Also, thanks for the interview, Kagari.]

k1t4j

Hello guys,

I am thinking of grabbing this tomorrow for the PS4 still worth it? or am I too late?

I have this MMO itch that needs scratching and seeing that there is no Wildstar for Mac and TESO got pushed back to god knows when I was thinking of getting this.

Thanks for any opinion you throw my way

Appreciated!

Fvash

Neo Member
NC always best Yoshi-P interviews; thanks for sharing.

Been thinking since announcement of Rogue > NIN—you guys think we'll see addition of jobs for existing classes?

I'd assumed that ACN was setting a precedent, and remember alternate job roles from 1 base class being part of discussion during beta... but my progress is slowww and I have no sense of the best way to balance this game.

Was ACN a one-off?

chrono01

Hello guys,

I am thinking of grabbing this tomorrow for the PS4 still worth it? or am I too late?

I have this MMO itch that needs scratching and seeing that there is no Wildstar for Mac and TESO got pushed back to god knows when I was thinking of getting this.

Thanks for any opinion you throw my way

Appreciated!
There's never a bad time to join!

We still have a few open slots in the FC [as far as a I know], and content is continually being released. They've also added a lot of "Quality of Life" changes to the game since it's launched, so those new to the game will feel even more comfortable jumping in.

We welcome you.

k1t4j

There's never a bad time to join!

We still have a few open slots in the FC [as far as a I know], and content is continually being released. They've also added a lot of "Quality of Life" changes to the game since it's launched, so those new to the game will feel even more comfortable jumping in.

We welcome you.

Thanks mate, I am psyching myself up for the game by reading up on stuff and deciding before hand what class/race to play.

cheers again!

BadRNG

NC always best Yoshi-P interviews; thanks for sharing.

Been thinking since announcement of Rogue > NIN&#8212;you guys think we'll see addition of jobs for existing classes?
Definitely will be, and there's a good chance that some of the expansion jobs will be from existing classes. NIN (and likely the new gunner) needed it's own class because they do not fit with any current class. There are however plenty of other jobs that could fit, stuff like Geomancer for CNJ, Ranger for ARC, Beserker/Viking for MRD, etc.

That being said, I don't personally use one. I'd find it too distracting in-battle if I did. >_<
I'm not sure what you mean, you don't need to have an overlay with constant dps/hps/whatever display if you don't want to. Only overlay I use is for HP%, can look at parser info after fight if needed (whether for fight as whole or a specific time frame of the encounter).

chrono01

Thanks mate, I am psyching myself up for the game by reading up on stuff and deciding before hand what class/race to play.

cheers again!
Enjoy! A Realm Reborn is one hell of an experience, even moreso when you have great people to play with.

I'm not sure what you mean, you don't need to have an overlay with constant dps/hps/whatever display if you don't want to. Only overlay I use is for HP%, can look at parser info after fight if needed (whether for fight as whole or a specific time frame of the encounter).
Oh, so you can bring it up as needed? Interesting. I wasn't sure if it was something that was prominently displayed without an option to minimize/hide it.

Thanks for the clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom