• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Man, there's soooooo many ways to make money that aren't as boring now. Just going through all the guildhests for every class is gonna be enough to last me for a good while, let alone the challenge log bonuses.

Oh man, those Turn 9 spoilers.

If it's Nael van Darnus, you guys who never played 1.0 are in for a damn amazing fight. With the much superior version of Gaius' theme which was originally Nael's.

The thing that was great about that fight in 1.0 was the story and lead up to it, which we aren't getting here. The fight itself, much like everything to do with 1.0 combat, was shit squared and really basic.

Stuart444

Sounds good. Only tried Turn 1 and failed cause we had a few drunken pugs. Looking forward to doing it again. I think I'm usually on pretty late for you guys though? Although I have been seeing you on later.

It really depends on how I feel. I've had eye issues since late last year which can sometime cause me to be up later than I want to or conversely cause me to go to sleep earlier than I want to (since sometimes I'm cool with staying up late) but hey. like I said, if we're on at the same time, I don't mind doing Coil with ya. Turn 1 is short, Turn 2 is even shorter and Turn 4 is short if you can one shot it which is annoyingly difficult with pugs though not impossible.

As for failing Turn 1, it's easy but can have a few failed attempts because each group I see tend to do it differently. Tanks tank it a certain way and may not have done it the way other folks want them to, etc. I've had a few deaths on my Dragoon because the tank either tanks it weirdly (to me) or because they are a twitchy tank (even when the platforms aren't glowy) causing me to eat an unexpected tail swipe.

desu

The thing that was great about that fight in 1.0 was the story and lead up to it, which we aren't getting here. The fight itself, much like everything to do with 1.0 combat, was shit squared and really basic.

Was still a fun fight (HARD) and not finished by too many people.

Was still a fun fight (HARD) and not finished by too many people.

Yes and it was more fighting the combat system and controls then how hard the encounter was. Also not much of anything was done by too many people since not too many people even played the game.
zing

Paprikka

Your strength of principles is why I admire you.

Aww yiss:
CMwvsjz.jpg
There's also a new crafted version of it for all classes, so anyone can glamour it and I'm assuming dye it.

Aeana

Can't believe /uiscale doesn't affect anything that couldn't already be scaled. That means it doesn't affect the dialog boxes, or the chat log, etc. So that's definitely not a fix for the PS4 issue. Hopefully they still have that coming.

At any rate, I did all of the dailies and now it's time for bed.

Taruranto

Done Ambador.

Overall I say it was kinda disappointing. Music and atmosphere were nice, but it was the usual linear dungeon, first 2 bosses gimmicks were pretty easy too. Not even
mimics
were enough to mix things up. We 1/1 all of them.

Diabolos was another matter though, I was kinda expecting more but It was fun to figure out, I guess. Not looking forward to re-doing it again, though. x_x

Pics of the fight

http://i.imgur.com/9hTVxtT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OKzkexf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C7dt6Qt.jpg

Drops were a bunch of DL items and tomes mats. Soldiery only drops from the final boss.

Ugh, 4 more hours of work...all of you lucky people getting to play now.

Gonna unlock glamours first so I can wear the cute Acolyte skirt...how is Ruins of Amdapor?

Aeana

I've seen lots of people in full i90 complaining about how Amdapor is easy. Gonna have to go with "duh" on that one.

Meciu

Done Ambador.

Overall I say it was kinda disappointing. Music and atmosphere were nice, but it was the usual linear dungeon, first 2 bosses gimmicks were pretty easy too. Not even
mimics

Diabolos was another matter though, I was kinda expecting more but It was fun to figure out, I guess. Not looking forward to re-doing it again, though. x_x

Pics of the fight

Drops were a bunch of DL items and tomes mats. Soldiery only drops from the final boss.

How many?

Noi

God, me and my FC are already in love with the /changepose command. It took no time at all for this to happen. I especially looooooooooooove the /chillax when seated for male cats.

nikos

Done Ambador.

mimics

Pics of the fight

Getting owned on the last boss now. -______-

EDIT: Got him.

Sophia

Something feels off. The whole game feels faster, and my guildmates are agreeing with me... The animations are smoother or something. o_O

Cmagus

The Leviathan fight is a little underwhelming I must say. I hope the ex mode is better I mean unless you forget to hit the converter the chances of dying are super slim. No drops or chests either.

BKJest

It was confirmed by YoshiP in the last live letter that HM would be killed by a random DF group in 2-3 tries. So this doesn't come as a surprise. He also said EX would be the most difficult primal fight. I hope this is also true.

Cmagus

It was confirmed by YoshiP in the last live letter that HM would be killed by a random DF group in 2-3 tries. So this doesn't come as a surprise. He also said EX would be the most difficult primal fight. I hope this is also true.

I hope so. Basically the fight breaks down as

Phase 1:
Leviathan till 80%

Phase 2:

Leviathan (magic attacks leviathan) and tail (physical attacks tail as magic reflects back on the tail) and random spawning adds (2 at a time) till 65%

Phase 3:
Leviathan, tail and plumes (kill all 4 and get ready to hit the converter this stops him from wiping the party) till 50%

Phase 4:
Leviathan, tail and adds again till dead.

Tash

Levi is not only underwhelming it's a total push-over..hardly any mechanics and super easy..no loot dropped. 15 myth and 5 soldiers

Azrael

Cleared Lost City of Amdapor. Easier than pre-nerf Pharos Sirius but some tips.

First boss:
First boss is zombie Goobbue named Decaying Gourmand or something. Very easy boss. He will sometimes target a random party member and devour them. Players must switch targets to Decaying Maw or something like that and destroy it to release devoured player or they will be KO'd.

Second boss:
Giant moth named Arioch. There are Ranch Wamoura adds that spawn around the arena. Killing one places a debuff on you that increases the damage you take, and I think Arioch attacks whoever has the most stacks, so the strategy is for tank to have most stacks, but not too many.

Final boss:
Diabolos leaves graviballs similar to Anantaboga. Fight boss away from them. He will do sleep moves called Nightmare and Ultimate Nightmare that are stunnable.

Main thing is he summons eight Diabolic Gates at start of fight. Two have blue goobbue icons, two green moth, two green griffon, and two red griffon. Opening a matching pair will teleport party through gates and cause them to disappear. Opening two different gates will cause both to close.

After awhile he will teleport and charge up an ultimate that will place multiple stacks of curse on the party and do massive damage. Party should be teleporting when this move goes off to avoid it. The strategy our party devised was for each player to be assigned memorizing one pair and have a rotation to opening them. One of the gates can be kept open before the ultimate charges and that player simply has to open the second gate after the ultimate is charged about halfway. Not too hard once you figure this out.

Sophia

They should have had three modes for Leviathan. The fight seems insanely cool, but it was a complete joke, and Extreme mode is probably too far above the skills of most players right now.

No excuse for an endgame fight to be that easy, even if it is story mode.

For those who want the basic rundown of how to beat Levathan story mode, here it is:
One tank grabs the head, one tank grabs the tail. Magic DPS on the head. Bards on the tail. Melee where they please. Kill adds when they pop up, use the device in the middle when Phase 2 starts so you don't die. Don't stand in circle things cuz they'll fear you.

desu

Hmm, seems like they are still pretty stingy with Myth Tomes and are barely giving out Soldiery at all. So let's see, what gives the most myth hmmm....Crystal Tower!? Goddamnit

For big FC this could be viable for farming, no clue just how fast you could go through it with a group with proper communication and i90 on all. I think we had 30min ish runs on DF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom