• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

400 HPS for a WHM on T8 does sound pretty low, even ignoring what a crappy statistic HPS usually is. Are they using their cooldowns like Divine Seal? Is SCH using Fey Illum? Next time you guys wipe I'd look at the final logs for them and see what they were doing.

Or do what qhon said and stream. Maybe someone will notice something.

800 is what I heard from another WHM and you said 800.... so.. yeah I'm being healed by someone doing half that while solo tanking. x_x Actually I think neither healer is near that.

What are you dying to? It's much easier to figure out what's wrong knowing what is wiping you rather than using HPS as a measurement. The only time that a healer is stressed during solo tank method should be when a dread is out.

Amir0x

Banned
What server are you on?

JENOVA.

The RNG Gods are very mysterious.

You'll probably end up getting 12 Atma of the Lions and have it take 50 hours to get the rest of the Atma pieces you actually need.

Yes, after the last Atma I got this afternoon at lunch, I've been grinding fates and nothing has dropped. Such is the life of Atma Grinding. God this shit is boring :p

RNG gonna RNG. Was hunting for alexandrites for days, got two back-to-back.

I also got two back to back Atma of the Scorpion. Right now I have six of my Atma in only half a day cumulatively, but if you count the three Atma of Lion and two Atma of Scorpion, I am very lucky indeed on Saturday.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finally got to sending my application to join GAF guild on Ultros. Looking forward to some good times. =D

alternade

Hey guys been enjoying this so far. Playing THM. My only problem is how do manage all the spells and such controls? It was simple enough when all I had was 1-3 spells but now I have 6+ and am finding it impossible yo cast them and then keep the camera steady and keep moving. Tip?

Ken

Hey guys been enjoying this so far. Playing THM. My only problem is how do manage all the spells and such controls? It was simple enough when all I had was 1-3 spells but now I have 6+ and am finding it impossible yo cast them and then keep the camera steady and keep moving. Tip?

THMs don't really do much casting on the move.

Amir0x

Banned
man was i ever lucky tonight. now i have 8 unique Atma altogether, but got two more duplicates. Now these last four Atma are gonna take nine years i bet

man was i ever lucky tonight. now i have 8 unique Atma altogether, but got two more duplicates. Now these last four Atma are gonna take nine years i bet

Have you gotten the ones from Middle La Noscea (Ram) and Lower La Noscea (Fish) yet? The two times I've grinded the Atma quest, those two areas was so dreadful, and soul shattering. Everything is so spaced out... just thinking about it gives me a headache.

Their the sole reasons I ultimately refuse to do it for a third time. Rip Lyri

Have you gotten the ones from Middle La Noscea (Ram) and Lower La Noscea (Fish) yet? The two times I've grinded the Atma quest, those two areas was so dreadful, and soul shattering. Everything is so spaced out... just thinking about it gives me a headache.

That's what you say. And then you'll be back at it again.

Ludono

Has there been any word on any seasonal / limited time events at all? I've been out of the loop for a few weeks and and haven't heard much other than what they announced at E3.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Hitting 26 on THM can't come soon enough. Not really into that class but I need to get Swiftcast. XD Finally got CNJ to 15 so it's time for so many Sastasha runs. Oh well, just gotta soldier through it for now, then switch back to ARC so I can plough SMN to cap. Kinda looking forward to getting the green pirate costume again, though. Always liked that one. =p

WolvenOne

Okay, so, question for the GAFers here whom are familiar with T8.

What's the least confusing T8 guide you guys know of? I looked at the Mister Happy one, (bah) and as always it felt like he was making it a lot more complicated then it should be, while still leaving out info.

Follow-up question, what's the best fight for practicing your DPS, in preparation for T8? Chances are, I'm not going to be able to play Tank in this fight. T_T

WolvenOne

Use those practice dummies in Whitebrim? Join T8 practice groups as well. Learn from Sensei Bookey and Renault.

Practice dummies are only good for replicating fights where you're largely just sitting there wailing on an enemy the whole time. I'm, not entirely clear on the mechanics of T8 yet, but I somehow doubt I'm just going to be able to sit and wail.

SkyOdin

It helps to just stand in place and cast when you are not dodging AoEs. Ideally, you should begin casting your next spell as soon as your previous one finishes casting (i.e. don't want for the animation to finish before casting the next spell). If you need to dodge, just ignore the fact that you were in the middle of casting a spell and just start moving.

I don't know whether or not you are playing on a PC or PS3/4, so I am not sure what to recommend for hotbar layouts. However, for a long time on PC, I had Fire set to 2, Transpose set to 3, and Blizzard set to 4. That way, I had my main attack spells and transpose all close to my WASD keys. Fire 2 and Blizzard 2 are a bit less important, so you don't need them as close on hand. I use a completely different set-up now, but mostly to keep all of my spells organized now that I have twenty or so different abilities on my hotbars.

Tabris

Practice dummies are only good for replicating fights where you're largely just sitting there wailing on an enemy the whole time. I'm, not entirely clear on the mechanics of T8 yet, but I somehow doubt I'm just going to be able to sit and wail.

You are basically standing in one spot except when you need to do things like blow up a landmine or running to tower and back.

Don't worry Tia, I got our strat planned now.

dcye

Aren't you in for a surprise.

WolvenOne

I went into it for the first time in forever today and threw up. What happened, as it at least looked decent last time I went in?

Too much stuff mostly. It's difficult to create a cohesive theme when you have a bazillion pieces of trophy furniture. I imagine personal rooms will mostly take care of this, since the people that care about the trophy furniture will likely be moving it into their rooms.

BKJest

800 is what I heard from another WHM and you said 800.... so.. yeah I'm being healed by someone doing half that while solo tanking. x_x Actually I think neither healer is near that.
There is a lot of AOE healing in that fight and the HPS number has almost no indication on how well they are doing on the tank. Is your debuff removed every 15 seconds? That accumulates to a huge amount of HP by the end of the fight. What are you dying to?

Amir0x

Banned

Not Ram yet, iirc. But Atma of the Fish was hilarious actually - I was with my party, and the one person just had to get Atma of the Fish. That was their only Atma to get. So we were porting between Aleport and then Moraby Docks, at least that was the plan. So we were doing Aleport for like ten minutes, nothing. The other person had been farming Lower La Noscea for ages, and then we ported into Moraby and did that wolf fate right outside the town. I got the Atma of the Fish first thing :p

IvorB

So I finally finished the story (!). The last stretch was good but unfortunately I had to give up on watching the cut scenes in the last two dungeons. The Praetorium was pretty awkward. I fell in with a gang of speed runners who just shot off. When we got to the lift I didn’t know it was an elevator so I didn’t stand on it. By the time I got down I didn’t know where they were and they hadn’t been killing the enemies so they were all still around *sigh*.

Thankfully managed to catch up in time for Ultima weapon which was all good. But then I assumed the
fight was over so I was happily watching the cut scene until near the end when I realised there was more to do. So I spent the second form of Ultima weapon watching a cut scene *double sigh*.
Not great for the so-called Hero of Eorzea. I wasn’t that bothered about it because I knew they would basically carry me through regardless but it would have been nice to get the whole experience with all cut scenes and fights in tact. I really don’t know what they were thinking when they put that sequence together to be honest knowing the different priorities of the people who would be running it together.

It was great to actually see the whole team in the cut scenes though. If they had acknowledged the other players throughout the story I would have been so much more engaged in it.

Anyway it’s all good. I’m excited to try the hard mode dungeons and primals.

Carbonox

Beat Ifrit last night. That was so much fun. Really loving the dungeons now especially as I've gotten to grips with how to use a tank. Read that I can now choose Grand Companies which will lead me to obtaining a Chocobo to ride? About damn time.

Still can't get over how amazing the soundtrack in this game is. One of my favourite FF soundtracks of all time I think.

IvorB

Beat Ifrit last night. That was so much fun. Really loving the dungeons now especially as I've gotten to grips with how to use a tank. Read that I can now choose Grand Companies which will lead me to obtaining a Chocobo to ride? About damn time.

Still can't get over how amazing the soundtrack in this game is. One of my favourite FF soundtracks of all time I think.

Yeah the soundtrack is lovely. The theme they play in central/western Thanalan as you journey about is just superb and probably had a big part to play in me falling for this game during the beta. There are lot's of other highlights as well like the Mor Dona/Revenant's Toll tunes. The production on this game is definitely of the standard that I would expect from a Final Fantasy game.

Zalasta

I really don’t know what they were thinking when they put that sequence together to be honest knowing the different priorities of the people who would be running it together.

Well, to be fair the story missions were designed as an one-off experience for 8 people doing it for the first time. So in that sense it is suppose to be epic filled with cutscenes. Then you run into the problem of long queues since there is no good reason to do it again and that's why the DR was created. As a result, more often than not you're thrown into a group that has done it numerous times before and the truth is there is no good compromise between the two.

I've stopped doing Main Story DR a long time ago. 80 myth is just not enough incentive to have to deal with 7 randoms (most of them are usually terrible and rude, some even pretend to watch the cutscenes so they can be carried through w/o doing anything), plus there is no loot.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with it.

What time does dailies reset in the morning?

Forgot to do my Alexandrite roulette quest yesterday, so here I am scurrying about to finish it before whatever the reset is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom