• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I can imagine. Not only do you need to memorise all that stuff but also execute during the fight with so many instant kills and still do enough damage.

All that for one weapon though, that seems a bit stingy...

This is how MMOs work though. You get that best weapon that people have trouble getting, stand around in public places, and watch as people can hardly contain themselves in your presence while you sit on the public endgame bench.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I can imagine. Not only do you need to memorise all that stuff but also execute during the fight with so many instant kills and still do enough damage.

I want that high allagan composite bow tho.

IvorB

But its the best weapon.

Oooo the Best Weapon. :) Still, eight people -> one weapon. Probably you will need to roll on it too. Man, that's tough. Suppose it's one in four chance (five?) plus the roll if a weapon drops every time. Could you ever realistically hope to farm something like this I wonder or is it going to be stupidly hard every time?

This is how MMOs work though. You get that best weapon that people have trouble getting, stand around in public places, and watch as people can hardly contain themselves in your presence while you sit on the public endgame bench.

Isn't that just gaming in general? :)

I want that high allagan composite bow tho.

Good luck! I wonder if I will ever even see this boss.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Oooo the Best Weapon. :) Still, eight people -> one weapon. Probably you will need to roll on it too. Man, that's tough. Suppose it's one in four chance (five?) plus the roll if a weapon drops every time. Could you ever realistically hope to farm something like this I wonder or is it going to be stupidly hard every time?
There's Need-Greed system based on class affinity in this game.

BadRNG

She drops weapons? I'm just here for the plot.

Really the mechanic part isn't any different from any other fight, you learn the dance, practice it a bit, and it becomes second nature. It will feel easy just like any other fight. The most annoying part about the whole thing is just how long it is. We're currently practicing the very end of the fight, so every attempt we have to push through 10-11 minutes of the same thing just to get wiped within 30 seconds by the mechanic we're trying to practice with. It's horribly frustrating. At least with Twintania the final phase was one of the easier ones, so once you got to that point you just had to keep calm and clean up. Here the hardest phase is by far the final, and every 10 seconds there is something happening that can wipe everyone if any one person messes up.

I really hope coil3 doesn't do the same damn thing here. I know the length is supposed to add to the difficulty, make it an endurance test, but it never actually feels like that. At a certain point those beginning phases offer no real challenge since everything is so mechanic driven, your brain goes on auto-pilot following the script and you feel bored almost. Just anxious to get to whatever the new phase is. Endurance test fights only work when everything isn't 100% scripted for me, unless the endurance you are aiming for is one of boredom.

He already got all the loot.
I'll go last in weapons if you convince the cyber tree asshole to drop my shield.

I'll probably get the drg chest and spear right away anyhow. Biff cursed our group with the drg loot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Really the mechanic part isn't any different from any other fight, you learn the dance, practice it a bit, and it becomes second nature. It will feel easy just like any other fight. The most annoying part about the whole thing is just how long it is. We're currently practicing the very end of the fight, so every attempt we have to push through 10-11 minutes of the same thing just to get wiped within 30 seconds by the mechanic we're trying to practice with. It's horribly frustrating. At least with Twintania the final phase was one of the easier ones, so once you got to that point you just had to keep calm and clean up. Here the hardest phase is by far the final, and every 10 seconds there is something happening that can wipe everyone if any one person messes up.

I really hope coil3 doesn't do the same damn thing here. I know the length is supposed to add to the difficulty, make it an endurance test, but it never actually feels like that. At a certain point those beginning phases offer no real challenge since everything is so mechanic driven, your brain goes on auto-pilot following the script and you feel bored almost. Just anxious to get to whatever the new phase is. Endurance test fights only work when everything isn't 100% scripted for me, unless the endurance you are aiming for is one of boredom.

I'll go last in weapons if you convince the cyber tree asshole to drop my shield.

I'll probably get the drg chest and spear right away anyhow. Biff cursed our group with the drg loot.

At this point I wouldn't even be mad. Would just like to clear it.

BLCKATK

Well thanks for the opinions guys. I'm definitely starting to think it's time to take a break from raiding. Not sure if a server transfer is in order as of right now, but I've always wanted to play with GAF.

Mupod

hm apparently sands of time will be the last thing they add to CT. Seems like I'll get mine from Coil before that happens.

BadRNG

CT 2 won't drop weapons or accessories, only armors and you can choose 1 item per week.

My dreams of il100 sword or shield.. :(

More information:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/175530

Oh BTW. the il100 sol. shield is it good?
Weathered Noct Hoplon.
I'm using Holy Shield Zenith.
It says the unidentified tome will drop, so you can get i100 sword. For PLD it's 910 soldiery plus the tome, for everyone else it is 1300 sold plus the tome.

Noct Hoplon isn't terrible, and probably an upgrade at least over i90. The block strength is excellent, a full 38% reduction on weathered iirc, which means it's almost like having sentinel up for physical attacks whenever you block. Makes bulwark a really strong cooldown too. The problem is just how RNG it is, you can never really rely on it since it's rate is so low. I much prefer consistency over spikes in damage, so I'd generally only take a Tower shield if there are no other options at that ilevel. I only used the Noct for a week or so before getting my Animus, and prefer it for now.

If you aren't hurting for soldiery I'd at least take it and try it out, see what you think, if you can't spare the soldiery then I'd just get the Animus. It's only 2 books for shield so it doesn't take too long to get.

Carbonox

I look so fucking daft. I had no idea the Heavy Iron Armor looks like it does. :lol Given I only have the top bit that I got from the level 25 Gladiator quest I don't have the matching bits for the arms and legs (had to choose one from the selection of Heavy Iron items). Finding armor's a toughie. Hopefully it won't be long until I find the matching pieces so I don't look so bad.

Oh and it's green. I look like a TMNT. So tempted to buy some armor but that's a stupid idea I guess as you'll always at some point get something better for free than what you've just bought.

Guess that's the joy of looting!

aceface

That what twin was like for me when we were stuck on the snakes. I hated it. This sounds 10x worse. -_-

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got a question; I'm starting out. Finished the majority of quests that I could at my level in Gridania and I ventured over to Limsa Lominsa. I'm about to be a level 17. I wanted to know if I should just do all the quests in Limsa Lominsa, or can I venture from the city very far? I don't see an in-between at all. Limsa Lominsa missions are okay, but the experience is just above 100 or so. My goal is to be a Dragoon, but I see no point in grinding just to start back at level 1 at this point. Any tips on where to go from here? The only part I didn't get to in Gridania was a high level and I didn't notice any new quests, there's maybe one left that I saw, but it was in the same area as the airship.

2864055.jpg

Keep doing the story quests. They will take you to various camps that are the ideal quest hubs for your level. If you find a quest that is too far from your level, skip it and do it later on when you're levelling another class.

WolvenOne

everyone will run around with my conquerer now, damnit! ;)

30% drop rate is huge. i wonder if that takes away from your weekly drop?

30 drop rate, but everyone is going to be rolling on those. Heck, unless Ramah is hecka farm able, I'd just assume stockpile 3 or 4 of those Tomestone's, even though I wouldn't be able to use most of them immediately. So I wouldn't expect to get one too quickly.

I mean, I only have a Ilvl100 weapon for my main class so far, and farming mirrors isn't exactly an effective means of gearing up.

We'll, maybe if they grease the drop rate it'd be, but I'm not holding my breath.

Qvoth

Basically this flow of replacing members, teaching people how to refine their jobs, bringing in new people and getting used to their attitudes and how they play, while adjusting how my group plays, getting people to show up on time and play their hardest, has taken quite a toll on me. Made the game a second job.

Thanks for the heads up.

you should've just set up a PF to look for a member, and on the comment mention that you want those with t8 clear experience at the least
also post on the official forum for your server, i found my last 2 static because i posted there and kept bumping my thread

nowadays even pugs have t8 clear experience already so it shouldn't be too long until you find another member

Alex

This is the first game I feel really benefited from SweetFX some. I've seen the usual terrible, candy land profiles but I have a nice subtle one that boosts the color just a (needed, IMO) smidge and more importantly real AA, hooray. Really dislike FXAA.

Teknoman

Damn it...well at least i've got a decent glamour set up now. I really need to log in earlier during the work week, and jump into some roulettes for soldiery. Also I know i'm sounding like a broken record, but going to give Titan EX another honest try this Saturday. Feel like i'm falling behind the rest of the long time FC members since I still havent even finished the first set of Coil >_<

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

Haha, I remember people doing that in WoW and I'd hop on my mammoth so I could stand on top of them, then watch as they shuffled over a bit so people could see them again. =p

Aeana

Hearing about "nonexistent leadership" cited as a reason for leaving makes me sad. Honestly, even though I haven't been logged in a lot for the last week or so, I'm still available whenever anybody needs me. I'm super easy to reach either through Guildwork or this site.

Qvoth

i'm somewhat excited about ct2 tbh, maybe our fc can have a fc run or some shit

i heard if 3 teams of 8 press the DF q at the same time basically it will bring all of them into the same alliance right?

i'm somewhat excited about ct2 tbh, maybe our fc can have a fc run or some shit

i heard if 3 teams of 8 press the DF q at the same time basically it will bring all of them into the same alliance right?

You know I've come to realize that's why it queues and withdraws a lot due to people trying that method and failing

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hearing about "nonexistent leadership" cited as a reason for leaving makes me sad. Honestly, even though I haven't been logged in a lot for the last week or so, I'm still available whenever anybody needs me. I'm super easy to reach either through Guildwork or this site.

I think the main problem is the other leaders haven't logged in much lately either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom