• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_chris

The trailer looks awesome. :)
As for housing, you can't please everyone. Even if it is redone, it won't please everyone. :p however, a makeover once in a while would be nice.

Leaving with the message "garbage house and lack of leadership" is obviously just causing drama.

Just two days ago you asked for a dps for T5 farm party, and someone who knew how to clear T5 asked to join, but you turned him down because his ilvl was too low. Don't portray yourself as any sort of helpful fellow please.

You will never be able to tell who will stay and who will go, because real life trumps the game. "I want it to matter" is just an excuse not to help others. Be honest: you didn't want to help people who asked because you were busy with your own thing.

Complaining that the FC leaders aren't making FC events and the like, it's like you're complaining that the FC leaders aren't making the game more fun for you. Should the FC leaders have to arrange events for FC just because they are FC leaders? You might want to note that Illya washed his hands of the PVP event management because FC members did not cooperate very well with his planning. The FC leaders aren't paid. They're not obligated to provide additional entertainment to satisfy you and your glamorous ideals of what leadership should be.

I donated well over a million, and at the time I spent my tomes and time getting materials for the super crafters to make more money to get the house. If I recall correctly, there were at least twenty other people who donated much more than you. There were people who donated more than me. So who comes first in the 'feedback' list? You said the house looks like garbage, I tried to change it to make it look better, but you never once offered any substantial commentary.

Should we let everyone who donated have a say in the decor then? Decoration by committee is not something that will result in something that looks good. In the end you'd probably say it's garbage house anyway. You called it garbage house before the recent renovations, and you called it garbage house after.

The past three months I poured hours into getting the soil and seeds for tending the garden, to grow the materials needed to make the crafting stations and instruments for the house. My activities are literally revolve around 5AM Eorzea time, the time I have to go and get 1 soil. The FC CL has three people gathering soil and three backup stacks of Grade 3 soil for their garden. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel every time I have to plant, because you can only get one soil an hour and the only one in the FC who camps the node religiously while online is me, and while a few people have contributed a few soils, 24 plots is 24 soils a week. I don't get much gil from gardening, outside of something like selling the grown Honey Lemons to NPC because they're worth less on market board.

Thanks for calling it a garbage house. Good to know you see but you don't observe.

I heard additional details about why you left, which is that you disliked me and Bara in particular. And I think it's extremely petty of you, because I can understand my abrasive attitude in FC chat might invite dislike, but Bara who poured 10 million tears into the house, helps craft all kinds of things for other people, and didn't cause drama over small shit? The only reason you could possibly dislike Bara is because you didn't get your choice for FC leader when Maple appointed new leaders. Which means you would have been bitter anyway if it had been anyone but your own personal choice.

Even if you had different expectations, instead of venturing forth with your own efforts, you're leaning on Illyasviel and Elrina as crutches. And in the end you leave with claims of dissatisfaction, but you're someone who didn't do anything for the FC either.

Not sure who you are in GAF FC, but who is the person you're trying to get invited? Are you Mary Benedictus?

Unfortunately for some of the leaders who are frequently on, if the FC is full and hasn't been purged by a higher ranking officer, we can't accept new members because lower ranked leaders can't kick members. After the massacre two days ago though we can probably do it now.

If someone refers to themselves as 'friend of so and so' and doesn't have a gaf account, usually we consult with 'so and so' to make sure it's a legitimate claim. Sometimes it's hard to catch people online.

so many shots were fired here that even I got hit

If anyone on Sargatanas would like to play, I'll be on at some points during this week and the weekend in the afternoons (EST). Name is Valathyr Stormhammer

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I will say that my experience with the FC has been overwhelmingly positive. The people are really nice, they've been very helpful, and they continue to assist me whenever possible. Granted this might be because I'm on mumble but I want to say that my experience has been great. =D

Isaccard

I will say that my experience with the FC has been overwhelmingly positive. The people are really nice, they've been very helpful, and they continue to assist me whenever possible. Granted this might be because I'm on mumble but I want to say that my experience has been great. =D

Largely because you're on mumble, but yeah

Mumble or not you can always get help from anyone in the FC

Wilsongt

If anyone on Sargatanas would like to play, I'll be on at some points during this week and the weekend in the afternoons (EST). Name is Valathyr Stormhammer

Join the FC: Reddot

Just don't get put off by our snarky attitudes and general trolliness. Especially when we party together. :eek:

IvorB

I will say that my experience with the FC has been overwhelmingly positive. The people are really nice, they've been very helpful, and they continue to assist me whenever possible.

Yeah me too. I think it's been great for me so far. Although I have seen a couple of times where people ask for something and their comment gets lost in the general chatter. So maybe people that didn't get help weren't being assertive enough. I dunno. I got great help clearing Garuda and Aurum Vale from the FC and for that I am grateful.

Carbonox

This is doing my nut in. Every time I log in to the game on the PS4 it rejects saying my account's been suspended. Every damn time I have to renew my password and then be able to log in.

The hell is up with that?

Ken

This is doing my nut in. Every time I log in to the game on the PS4 it rejects saying my account's been suspended. Every damn time I have to renew my password and then be able to log in.

The hell is up with that?

Do you have a dynamic IP thingy?

So much goodness in that trailer. I can't contain my hype. I *need* that Amon and Scylla set on my body!! Guess I'll be living that CT life for awhile @@

So much goodness in that trailer. I can't contain my hype. I *need* that Amon and Scylla set on my body!! Guess I'll be living that CT life for awhile @@

You are still in the old one 2 weeks before the damn patch, as if there was anything in the future but a "CT life" for you.

Can't wait for the first time the alliance boots you for being bad.

Tabris

Drama, you can focus all your attention on me as the only person with these thoughts, but I'm not. I'm more vocal, and I took the leap to join another FC, even though it'll be weird at first playing with other players, but there's others that feel the same about the leadership and housing. Actually all I said on this thread was it was odd not seeing familiar faces in FC and the usual people (whoever diablos is and Ari) jump in with their 2 cents, so I responded back.

When I quit, I only communicated via tells with I think Kagari some of the reasons I left, otherwise in /fc I just communicated how awesome everyone was and that I was looking for something different. My issue with Bara is he doesn't involve himself with others, at least that I've seen. Same issue I had with Maple, Strawberry, Elliott, etc.

In the end, all that matters is the FC style of GAF is incompatible with what I'm looking for. Don't need to so aggressively defend GAF just cause some people aren't compatible with it's style. I like what NA offers, or has told me they offer (I'm new). A more family-focused environment that helps out each other as a cohesive group driven via leadership than individual players.

Jomjom

Banned
Does anyone know how to set it so that your title shows up under your name and not above? I see some people with it below and some people above.

Carbonox

Do you have a dynamic IP thingy?

Seems I do. I don't actually know much about this so I guess I'll have to research in to it some more where my ISP is concerned.

Thanks!

Edit: My ISP assigns all accounts to dynamic by default. :lol It will cost me £5 to change to static. Given dynamic sucks for online gaming I'm going to do this.

Ken

Seems I do. I don't actually know much about this so I guess I'll have to research in to it some more where my ISP is concerned.

Thanks!

You'll basically trigger their security thing every time you log in with a new IP, forcing a new password change as you've noticed.

Vvv that works too

Reknoc

My only problem with the bard gear is that as a cat girl a lot of its fabulousness would be lost on me.

But then the only way to go full jojo would require me to go roe and that isn't happening.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Drama, you can focus all your attention on me as the only person with these thoughts, but I'm not. I'm more vocal, and I took the leap to join another FC, even though it'll be weird at first playing with other players, but there's others that feel the same about the leadership and housing. Actually all I said on this thread was it was odd not seeing familiar faces in FC and the usual people (whoever diablos is and Ari) jump in with their 2 cents, so I responded back.

When I quit, I only communicated via tells with I think Kagari some of the reasons I left, otherwise in /fc I just communicated how awesome everyone was and that I was looking for something different. My issue with Bara is he doesn't involve himself with others, at least that I've seen. Same issue I had with Maple, Strawberry, Elliott, etc.

In the end, all that matters is the FC style of GAF is incompatible with what I'm looking for. Don't need to so aggressively defend GAF just cause some people aren't compatible with it's style. I like what NA offers, or has told me they offer (I'm new). A more family-focused environment that helps out each other as a cohesive group driven via leadership than individual players.

That diablos guy sounds like a jerk!

Teknoman

Largely because you're on mumble, but yeah

Mumble or not you can always get help from anyone in the FC

Yeah i havent used mumble, but everyone is pretty receptive. People will get stuck doing other things, but more than not, help and...interesting convos abound.

creid

Does anyone know how to set it so that your title shows up under your name and not above? I see some people with it below and some people above.
It's not an option you can change, it just depends on the title. Like Cloudsephiroth Targaryen {the True} would come after, and {Flame Puppy} Squall Stormbornstark would come before.

zewone

When I quit, I only communicated via tells with I think Kagari some of the reasons I left, otherwise in /fc I just communicated how awesome everyone was and that I was looking for something different.

I don't really care about any of this, and wish people would stop giving it attention, but I saw in the FC chat that you did call the house garbage and that you had issues with the leadership. It was obviously some passive aggressive language used as you were leaving.

Thanks!

Edit: My ISP assigns all accounts to dynamic by default. :lol It will cost me £5 to change to static. Given dynamic sucks for online gaming I'm going to do this.

I have dynamic IP as well and never had a single problem. In fact all the ISP's in my country give out dynamic IPs. If that was a problem no one would ever be able to game online.

Your issue might be something else.

dark_chris

You run into Edda a few times in the main story while doing early dungeons.

The best part is that apparently
you inspire her to continue training after her loss and now she's going to be an HM end boss. So had you not been so darned inspirational she'd maybe have given up and been a quiet crazy person. With her boyfriend's head in a sack.

Oh crap, now I remember her. I remember her and the group. But i mustve missed the part where she keeps his head. o.o

kierwynn

I think Tabris's criticism is fair- he's allowed to not like how things are handled in the FC and he's allowed to look for that in other places. I'm glad he's found a place that suits his needs and I hope he's happy there.

And, for what it's worth, I have been trying to get some events going as it is something a lot of people have expressed desire in. I spoke to some other leaders about it last week and have a post typed up for the guildworks site, but I'm going slowly as I've been sick the past week or so. (Never go into a house with 5 cats when you're allergic to them) Hopefully in the next week or so we can start getting something going. It's true, I haven't been as involved with the FC as much as I'd like to be because I've been busy, but I would like to try and do something about that.

Redx508

Tabris can you just stop. your out of the fc so why keep talking about it? you just love to start
shit

So how about that 2.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom