• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

I think Tabris's criticism is fair- he's allowed to not like how things are handled in the FC and he's allowed to look for that in other places. I'm glad he's found a place that suits his needs and I hope he's happy there.

And, for what it's worth, I have been trying to get some events going as it is something a lot of people have expressed desire in. I spoke to some other leaders about it last week and have a post typed up for the guildworks site, but I'm going slowly as I've been sick the past week or so. (Never go into a house with 5 cats when you're allergic to them) Hopefully in the next week or so we can start getting something going. It's true, I haven't been as involved with the FC as much as I'd like to be because I've been busy, but I would like to try and do something about that.

How dare you have a life outside this game

MechaX

My issue with Bara is he doesn't involve himself with others, at least that I've seen. Same issue I had with Maple, Strawberry, Elliott, etc.

I can't speak for Maple, Strawberry, etc, but Bara involves himself with a lot, whether that is crafting tons of shit for people (sometimes at a loss to him), or participates in parties when asked. You might not have seen it, and that is fine, but to even definite it as an "issue" at all is absolutely wrong.

Still have an extra FFXIV PC Collector's Edition Key if anyone is interested at all. Friend really never got interested enough to use it, so I'm still stuck with it. Just want $10 at this point, it's just been sitting for quite awhile now.

dcye

Tabris has always been a whingey <snip>, not sure why any of you are shocked. Was nice for a week until he was elite pro tank. Just like most XI vets; better than everyone else.

Mupod

When I quit, I only communicated via tells with I think Kagari some of the reasons I left, otherwise in /fc I just communicated how awesome everyone was and that I was looking for something different. My issue with Bara is he doesn't involve himself with others, at least that I've seen. Same issue I had with Maple, Strawberry, Elliott, etc.

Bara has done more for this FC than anybody. Easily.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got any other wacky hear say theories about the game we can focus on instead?

Assuming the expansion is focusing on Ishgard like is the prevailing theory... how will the ascians/primals/etc. play into that? I would hope/assume that this isn't the end to either of their stories.

Though the tease of the Ascians at the end of the story quests does make it look like they were taking residence somewhere in Coerthas so...

WolvenOne

So, how high of an ilvl do you think those glowing Primal Weapons have? Might be a bit much if they upgrade went clear upto ilvl100, but I could see maybe ilvl90 or so being feasible.

If so it'd make the whole Relic Line largely optional for new players, or people creating Alts. Right now ilvl90 weapons were all but necessary for Primal Focus, the other source of ilvl90 weapons, so a third path that doesn't require you to go Relic might be valuable.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So, how high of an ilvl do you think those glowing Primal Weapons have? Might be a bit much if they upgrade went clear upto ilvl100, but I could see maybe ilvl90 or so being feasible.

If so it'd make the whole Relic Line largely optional for new players, or people creating Alts. Right now ilvl90 weapons were all but necessary for Primal Focus, the other source of ilvl90 weapons, so a third path that doesn't require you to go Relic might be valuable.

I shouldn't have trashed my primal weapons. :(

Isaccard

I shouldn't have trashed my primal weapons. :(

I doubt the upgrades will be that huge, say compared to the Weathered weapons, or High Allagan stuff

draw4wild

So now that I'm able to farm alexandrite....is there any reason to meld sphere scrolls before I hit 75 of them? This way I have another month and a half to decide if I want to do Veil of Wiyu Novus or save them for a ninja relic

WolvenOne

So now that I'm able to farm alexandrite....is there any reason to meld sphere scrolls before I hit 75 of them? This way I have another month and a half to decide if I want to do Veil of Wiyu Novus or save them for a ninja relic

There's nothing preventing you from just hoarding them. Just remember though, you can only keep one Mysterious Map on you at a time.

orion434

What is it like 510, no?

Are you doing second Coil?

I haven't gotten into any Coil... at all, but I was Penta-melding my full ilv 90 Crafted gear and I ended up with 534! My right side is all Weathered jewelry and an ilv 90 myth ring.

I was prioritizing Crititcal Hit Rate -> Determination -> Accuracy -> Skill Speed. I was using Type IV's before anything else for % purposes. I figured that was way too much lol

Edit: my bad 542 Accuracy.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I haven't gotten into any Coil... at all, but I was Penta-melding my full ilv 90 Crafted gear and I ended up with 534! My right side is all Weathered jewelry and an ilv 90 myth ring.

I was prioritizing Crititcal Hit Rate -> Determination -> Accuracy -> Skill Speed. I was using Type IV's before anything else for % purposes. I figured that was way too much lol

Do you plan on doing coil?

WolvenOne

I doubt the upgrades will be that huge, say compared to the Weathered weapons, or High Allagan stuff

I highly doubt they'd be ilvl100, like I said. Ilvl90, maybe, a large chunk of the Primal Weapons aren't that far off from that ilvl to begin with, (See: Titan and Moogle Weapons.)

The only way I could see them going beyond 90, is if they required some very rare drops for the crafting. For example, say multiple Garuda and Vortex feathers for the Garuda weapons.

If you needed to just, sit there and mine Extreme Primals for a couple days to get the components you needed for the upgrade, yea, if the bar was that high I could maybe see them being ilvl95 or whatnot.

It'd probably be easier to, just farm Ramuh.

Ken

Isaccard

I highly doubt they'd be ilvl100, like I said. Ilvl90, maybe, a large chunk of the Primal Weapons aren't that far off from that ilvl to begin with, (See: Titan and Moogle Weapons.)

The only way I could see them going beyond 90, is if they required some very rare drops for the crafting. For example, say multiple Garuda and Vortex feathers for the Garuda weapons.

If you needed to just, sit there and mine Extreme Primals for a couple days to get the components you needed for the upgrade, yea, if the bar was that high I could maybe see them being ilvl95 or whatnot.

It'd probably be easier to, just farm Ramuh.

Give all the EX primals mirrors

WolvenOne

Scylla gear for sure since there's still that 1300 soldiery investment per UAT and I've already got enough Gerolt weapons for now.

Ditto, ilvl100 gear for my DRG is what I'll be aiming for first.

Maaaaaybe Tank gear, assuming any of my remaining 100 pieces are inferior to the equivalent CT pieces.

Jayhawk

Scylla gear for sure since there's still that 1300 soldiery investment per UAT and I've already got enough Gerolt weapons for now.

I will wait to see what the stats are on the different CT pieces and the Ramuh weapons. The 1300 sold + UAT investment can be upgraded to i110 weapon eventually and the stats on the weapons are pretty good, so the investment might be worth it... unless I magically get T9 on farm status this summer.

Ken

I will wait to see what the stats are on the different CT pieces and the Ramuh weapons. The 1300 sold + UAT investment can be upgraded to i110 weapon eventually and the stats on the weapons are pretty good, so the investment might be worth it... unless I magically get T9 on farm status this summer.

1300 is quite a bit of soldiery gear too. I guess it depends on the job /shrug

WolvenOne

Incidentally, all but certain the Glowing Primal weapons are ilvl90 now. Seeing as they're pictured with characters wearing ilvl90 crafted gear. Seeing as they're shown off under the Recipe's section though, there's a slim chance that they may be Materia meldable.

In which case, they'd be about as good as ilvl100 once properly pentamelded, but would of course be hecka expensive.

Isaccard

Incidentally, all but certain the Glowing Primal weapons are ilvl90 now. Seeing as they're pictured with characters wearing ilvl90 crafted gear. Seeing as they're shown off under the Recipe's section though, there's a slim chance that they may be Materia meldable.

In which case, they'd be about as good as ilvl100 once properly pentamelded, but would of course be hecka expensive.

Except you can't meld primal weapons I seriously doubt they'll make them meldable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom