• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Why is it everytime I look at your avatar, im thinking of the phrase "Check em"

It's the hand gesture, it's supposed to be a thumbs up, but it's a bit cropped on GAF.

The whole image looks like this.

b32tD3R.jpg

And is something an artist from New Zealand made for me, not long back.

dark_chris

It's the hand gesture, it's supposed to be a thumbs up, but it's a bit cropped on GAF.

The whole image looks like this.

And is something an artist from New Zealand made for me, not long back.

Lucky you had an artist made something for ya.
Also, im still thinkin the phase. :p Either way, cool pic. I like the style.

wow someone bought all the primal crafting drops and relisted them for 800k sigh.
apparently i had an ifrit and moogle drop in my inventory without even noticing but that's something i guess

system11

Yeah me too. I think it's been great for me so far. Although I have seen a couple of times where people ask for something and their comment gets lost in the general chatter. So maybe people that didn't get help weren't being assertive enough. I dunno. I got great help clearing Garuda and Aurum Vale from the FC and for that I am grateful.

Mine has been mostly positive too save for an incident or two where people had to send me tells to let me know I was being trolled... Lots of people offered to help with all the rare FATEs though which was hugely appreciated.

Sadly I'm on the bench at the moment, lower arm problems :/

WolvenOne

It's likely going to be fairly smart to have a Novus for your main class at least. Come 2.4, when the ilvl goes up, it may be easier to gear the Novus up to 120, then farming the next Primal or whatnot.

I mean, if Mirror farming is any indication of what we should expect for 120 weapons come 2.4, and all.

MogCakes

Should I gear up my SMN and go for i100 gears/relic or continue levelling my alt classes? I've been trying to level them up before really digging into the endgame...currently have CT gear/i80 relic and i90 accessories for my SMN.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Should I gear up my SMN and go for i100 gears/relic or continue levelling my alt classes? I've been trying to level them up before really digging into the endgame...currently have CT gear/i80 relic and i90 accessories for my SMN.

If you're serious about endgame it's better to focus as much as you can on your main class or at least main role and gear up the rest with whatever scraps you can find.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Are security breaches that common? I've gotten three so far. I might have to get a token. I had one for Diablo, but I didn't use it that often. Do people try and access each other's accounts? That's pretty f*cked up.

I think some of it comes from having it on a console, PC (desktop), and a laptop.

Are security breaches that common? I've gotten three so far. I might have to get a token. I had one for Diablo, but I didn't use it that often. Do people try and access each other's accounts? That's pretty f*cked up.

I think some of it comes from having it on a console, PC (desktop), and a laptop.

Yes they do and it is HIGHLY advised to get a security token.

tenchir

FC with 15 members is way better than 200+, if you're in the 15 one then you know every member and you can help each other.
I was in a FC that has 200+, didn't know anyone then changed it to another with 15 members, I'm having way more fun now.

Knowing all 15 people in a 15 people FC isn't any different than knowing 15 members from a 200+FC. That's what Linkshells are for. The advantage of a larger FC are better chances of getting help from the pool of people not doing anything at the moment or happen to need the same thing you do.

What is this "bard CT gear looks bad"? I'd take a Hein set anyday over looking like a caster high allagan recolor(or even any recolor like all the other classes are getting from CT) any day lol. It's actually a set that looks unique and nice looking unlike CT1 gear.....also probably couldn't be worse stat wise than the majority of our weathered gear. That's not to say the caster set doesn't look bad though even though it's a recolor for both casters and healers.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What is this "bard CT gear looks bad"? I'd take a Hein set anyday over looking like a caster high allagan recolor(or even any recolor like all the other classes are getting from CT) any day lol. It's actually a set that looks unique and nice looking unlike CT1 gear.....also probably couldn't be worse stat wise than the majority of our weathered gear. That's not to say the caster set doesn't look bad though even though it's a recolor for both casters and healers.

What? That Scylla dress is top class fashion.

Knowing all 15 people in a 15 people FC isn't any different than knowing 15 members from a 200+FC. That's what Linkshells are for. The advantage of a larger FC are better chances of getting help from the pool of people not doing anything at the moment or happen to need the same thing you do.

It is different though. When I logged on in the small FC I was previously everyone on would say hi and you'd have a little conversation. In a 500+ FC that's pretty much impossible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GAF may have 500 members but honestly the chat feels like 20 at most.

I've been in large guilds before, GAF doesn't give me that crowded auditorium vibe.

Eh in all of these large FC's, there is always only a small percentage that are actually involved and not just there for the buffs or what not.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Can't the chat only hold 50 people? And then people complain when there's no room for their raid groups.

People complain because a ton of non-gaffers take up those slots because they are part of a raid group.
Gaffers should have priority over non-gaf raid group imo.

The mumble wasn't set up for the specific raid group, it was set up for gaffers.

LowParry

Alright so this weeks goal is to get Ifrit EX down (which by video and healer, looks a lot more relaxed than Titan EX) and get my BLM to 50 and do some of the Hard Mode zones I've yet to play in. It shall be doooooone.

Edit: I've enjoyed those who do chat in the FC. If there's some kind of chat limit, that's kind of strange.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think they might be talking about the mumble servers...

Dunan

So I tried out Mumble for a few minutes to see what this is all about. And it works!

Had to keep my voice down, as it's 7 AM here and a certain beloved better half is still asleep, but wow! You can actually hear people! I was envisioning a staticky, unintelligible mess. So clear!

I can't wait to make use of Mumble when I get back into the game.

Those of you on the fence about Mumble, give it a shot. And great talking with you all!

So I tried out Mumble for a few minutes to see what this is all about. And it works!

Had to keep my voice down, as it's 7 AM here and a certain beloved better half is still asleep, but wow! You can actually hear people! I was envisioning a staticky, unintelligible mess. So clear!

Those of you on the fence about Mumble, give it a shot. And great talking with you all!

Can you use Mumble on PS4? I'm thinking you'd need a PC or something as well. How does that work?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Welcome to the new way to enjoy MMOs.
I won't even play an MMO without voice communication these days.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Can you use Mumble on PS4? I'm thinking you'd need a PC or something as well. How does that work?

Android/IOs.

And for the love of all things holy. Please set up Push-to-talk.

So many people come in and echo/mouthbreath live until they get it figured out.

BadRNG

Incidentally, all but certain the Glowing Primal weapons are ilvl90 now. Seeing as they're pictured with characters wearing ilvl90 crafted gear. Seeing as they're shown off under the Recipe's section though, there's a slim chance that they may be Materia meldable.

In which case, they'd be about as good as ilvl100 once properly pentamelded, but would of course be hecka expensive.
My guess is you will have to desynth the base primal weapon, and you get a chance at some component that crafts into the glowy version. I base this on absolutely nothing other than SE loves them some grinds.

If they are crafted then I would expect their to be materia slots too, but I don't see them competing with i100 since you can't meld weapon damage. There's a 3WD difference between i90 and i100, so roughly 24 extra main stat on top of the extra 6 base higher stat on the i100. Even with pentamelds I don't see you making up for that much, it's just a massive amount of stats, for most classes you'd need almost 100 of their absolutely best secondary stat to equal that amount of their main.

Watching the trailer for patch 2.3 made me decide to come back. So I guess Arturi will soon be back in Eorzea. Anything I should know about how stuff has changed over the last several months> Last I played I was in the tomes grind and trying to beat Hydra with my -pre-legendary weapon. There looks to be a lot more end game content now. Which is nice, having basically 1 damn dungeon to constantly run was KILLING me back during launch.

How's the guild been doing? I assume I have long since been booted.

Mesharey

Watching the trailer for patch 2.3 made me decide to come back. So I guess Arturi will soon be back in Eorzea. Anything I should know about how stuff has changed over the last several months> Last I played I was in the tomes grind and trying to beat Hydra with my -pre-legendary weapon. There looks to be a lot more end game content now. Which is nice, having basically 1 damn dungeon to constantly run was KILLING me back during launch.

How's the guild been doing? I assume I have long since been booted.
There are many things now.
Hydra is only the beginning.

There are many things now.
Hydra is only the beginning.

Whee, and who knows maybe I can get in a group that can beat Garuda and Titan now.

Is the guild currently full? What annoyed me with Hydra was the fact that I had beaten it several times, just never with my Legendary. Then when I needed it, I ended up in groups that were just painfully bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom