• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

Just finished up the Hildibrand/Gilgamesh stuff. Overall it was really good and pretty damn funny. The entire thing is just so ridiculous and the Battle On The Big Bridge was something else.

Some images from tonight

Battle on the big bridge (turned into a frog)
ibnbLxviWWzivO.png

Leviathan
idk0AX8fDpw7p.png

Phlebas

Banned
Lost City of Amdapor music is awesome, I've still yet to beat Titan and Ifrit EX so I have to do that this weekend so I can start the new stuff.

Atma fate farming will be a pain in the ass already, I can tell.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
As a relatively new level 50, what's the gear progression now? What should I start working on for my next set of gear?

Edit: also does anyone know the conversion rate for these useless tomes of philosophy I have now?

desu

I got it from reddit. You need ____ of Time items to make the Weathered Gerolt stuff into the 110 versions and you get those from T6 coil onwards.

If true, this isn't surprising (at least it does not surprise me, didn't the item text talk about allagan things, only one place to get them from).

omlet

I'm not sure how 4~8 ACC per part is supposed to help.

In the same way it helps anyone. It improves your hitrate, bit by bit. You only need about 440 accuracy as a caster to have 100% hit rate on Twintania. You can get that with around an average of 8 ACC per piece of gear. I'm sure the new bosses require more accuracy and a healer wouldn't be gearing for 100% hit rate accuracy anyway, but the point is every little bit helps when you're talking hitrate.

I've beaten t1-4 as WHM enough times to be at the point where I found parts in fights where I had the time and mana to CS and toss nukes, but not the accuracy to make them worthwhile. If that trend continues in the new content, healer gear with ACC will help make it worthwhile for healers to pay attention to opportunities to DPS a bit, either just to speed things along or out of necessity during small burst DPS phases (such as like conflags at Twintania).

Additionally, having more ACC would let a well geared healer fill a primarily-DPS role in lower tier content designed around lower average group DPS numbers (extreme primals, turns 1-4, etc.), like if they were helping a group out. Especially a scholar who can get even more mileage out of CS than a WHM thanks to the fairy and lustrate.

frequency

Boo. For some reason I expected more than just 1 new hairstyle available to me. Disappointed in that.
Oh well. Excited for rest of the patch when I get some time to play with it.

Googling this and watching a video sincerely induced a cringe, good lord 1.x was such a mess. It's like all of the bad elements of XI, amplified when I'm watching everyone spend most of their time at a complete stand still mixed with all of the fighting with the UI and stilted animation

The thing that was great about that fight in 1.0 was the story and lead up to it, which we aren't getting here. The fight itself, much like everything to do with 1.0 combat, was shit squared and really basic.

I actually really liked the original combat system (with auto attack). It was slower paced than the action style of ARR but I like slower paced combat systems.

The UI and animation wasn't the best but it felt good to me.

so for the zodiac quest is there a way you can tell which regions you already did the fates in. Cause I did a fate in North Shroud but seen no notification that I got anything.

Zomba13

so for the zodiac quest is there a way you can tell which regions you already did the fates in. Cause I did a fate in North Shroud but seen no notification that I got anything.

You have to keep doing fates until you get the item "Atma of the _____". You get a little notification with the fate results and it goes into your inventory. You can check the quest log in side story quests to see the regions that drop atma and which ones.

UrSuLeTzU

Well, done Bray hard and Amdapor and they were fun stuff but we just destroyed everything, nothing that compares with Pharos when it first came out, which is kinda sad. Oh well, having fun so far but this content definitely won't last 6 months(although I'm ressubing for another 6).

Diablos

Anyone else having problems connecting?

I had to reset the configuration data because my controls were all messed up, now I'm trying to connect to a server and it gets stuck at the loading symbol.

omlet

Bangaaaaaaa

Whelp, got most of the 2.2 triggers cleared. Just a few more and than it's just FATE grinding for Atma

And yes, Leviathan HM is a complete joke.

Man, how do you have time for all that. Did you finish BD or something, is that the secret?

(Also, Gria would be awesome.)

Tash

I officially rename patch 2.2 to realm of grinding.
You need, 9x 1300 myth for upgrade...
the fate grinding for zodiac is also totally uninspired -.-

King_Moc

Banned
Well, done Bray hard and Amdapor and they were fun stuff but we just destroyed everything, nothing that compares with Pharos when it first came out, which is kinda sad. Oh well, having fun so far but this content definitely won't last 6 months(although I'm ressubing for another 6).

Updates of this size are every 3 months aren't they?

desu

ididntaskforthis.png

you can do content without having to add uninspired design and grinds.

I think the long progression for this weapon is kind of cool (as all gear in this game is way too easy to come by). The thing is, right now the finished weapon is just a i100 weapon and if the stats don't rock then why would I invest all this time?

frequency

Just having an alternate weapon path or something to do while waiting for drops (terrible luck) or whatever is reason enough to justify the system. More options to gear up (even if not necessarily BiS) is always welcome and adds much needed depth to progression.

WolvenOne

I think the long progression for this weapon is kind of cool (as all gear in this game is way too easy to come by). The thing is, right now the finished weapon is just a i100 weapon and if the stats don't rock then why would I invest all this time?

The stats aren't that far off from the iLvl115 Allagan weapon, so, once you can get it to ilvl110 it should be a ROCKING good weapon.

atmusfear

So Levi HM/story doesn't drop loot? I've noticed there's 2 versions of his wep and am assuming the i100 drops from ex mode, what about the i95 version?

JudgeN

So is there high level duty roulette with just the new dungeons where you can make 90 soldiery once a day? Or do I have to grind the new dungeons 10 times a week to hit the 450 cap?

creid

I officially rename patch 2.2 to realm of grinding.
You need, 9x 1300 myth for upgrade...
the fate grinding for zodiac is also totally uninspired -.-
It may be, but I'm just glad we don't have to wait for a certain FATE to pop like the CT unlocks.

WolvenOne

Gotta get off work, then go take a nap before I can play again. Thanks to the servers going up early I only got about four hours of sleep last night.

I made almost 200K selling Phil Tome mats though. Which is pretty good considering how easy they are to get now. XD

Edit: Also very foolishly checked out Turn 6, and was stopped cold by the overgrown rootabega. I think I could probably down it now, assuming players managed to keep from getting Devoured often and stacks were kept low, but, I'm probably not going to try seriously going after it until I have a few ilvl100 pieces. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom