• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper88

For the Warrior tanks in here.

Whats your opinion about putting the 30 points in STR instead of VIT?

I'm very close to my Bravura Animus with a ilvl of 97 and my total unbuffed health with defiance on sits at roughly 9.1k+

Now reading about these endgame Warriors doing second coil saying that over 9k is pure overkill and most of them already use full STR because the DPS becomes more important.

Any PLDs out there feeling like the class needs a buff? I'm almost decked out in full i90 stuff and my health is no where near the same as a Warrior with the same level of gear. My DPS is also significantly worse, and I only have one AoE enmity attack where Warriors have OP and Flash.

It seems like they have everything a bit better, except perhaps defense.

I'm very close to my Bravura Animus with a ilvl of 97 and my total unbuffed health with defiance on sits at roughly 9.1k+

Now reading about these endgame Warriors doing second coil saying that over 9k is pure overkill and most of them already use full STR because the DPS becomes more important.

I put all my 30 points on STR and I don't even do much endgame stuff and even then my VIT stat is still higher than STR thanks to gear.

orion434

Savage Might IV ( Determination +6 ) Materia are almost 300K each on Ultros! I just needed 1 over-meld @ 29% and blew through the 4 I had saved :(

Semper88

Any PLDs out there feeling like the class needs a buff? I'm almost decked out in full i90 stuff and my health is no where near the same as a Warrior with the same level of gear. My DPS is also significantly worse, and I only have one AoE enmity attack where Warriors have OP and Flash.

Na you got better mitigation and we got a bigger health pool to make up for the mitigation.

also you have more CD's altho warrior CD's are shorter and can be used more.

you got hallowed ground we don't.. well its Holmgang for us but keeps us at 1hp for 4 seconds and we are bound to the floor.

AOE enmity is our thing you forget steel cyclone there and we don't use flash because we got OP :)

DPS wise i'm not sure.. i think War does a little bit more.

I have a question as someone whom is relatively new and has only been playing for about two months. I've been collecting Allagan Tomestones of Mythology and trading them in for i90 gear. My question is that I collect Allagan Tomestone of Soldiery at like 5% of the pace. I see that the Soldiery can be traded in for i100 gear; is there anything else that they should be used for or is that the point - that they are meant as a slow grind for i100 gear?

Thanks!

aceface

Savage Might IV ( Determination +6 ) Materia are almost 300K each on Ultros! I just needed 1 over-meld @ 29% and blew through the 4 I had saved :(

{embrace}{hopelessness}

I have a question as someone whom is relatively new and has only been playing for about two months. I've been collecting Allagan Tomestones of Mythology and trading them in for i90 gear. My question is that I collect Allagan Tomestone of Soldiery at like 5% of the pace. I see that the Soldiery can be traded in for i100 gear; is there anything else that they should be used for or is that the point - that they are meant as a slow grind for i100 gear?

Thanks!

Yeah that's pretty much it. You can also buy Rowena's Soldiery tokens at 130 soldiery a piece. 10 of those plus an unidentified Allagan tombstone from Turn 7 (and soon CT2) can be traded in for an i100 weapon.

To below: if you just do one ex roulette every day you'll cap Soldiery.

IvorB

Thanks!

I'm also wondering about this The pace at which I am accumulating Soldiery Tomes is painfully slow. It just won't do. What can be done?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm also wondering about this The pace at which I am accumulating Soldiery Tomes is painfully slow. It just won't do. What can be done?

Uh, nothing? This is intentional. You can only earn 450 a week. It was the same for Myth before it. Just cap it out for the week and move on.

Wow, one of my low level retainers actually brought me back Savage Might IV as a quick exploration lol; had no idea they were so valuable. I may sell it now. I'm not on Ultros.

{embrace}{hopelessness}

Yeah that's pretty much it. You can also buy Rowena's Soldiery tokens at 130 soldiery a piece. 10 of those plus an unidentified Allagan tombstone from Turn 7 (and soon CT2) can be traded in for an i100 weapon.

To below: if you just do one ex roulette every day you'll cap Soldiery.

Thanks.

IvorB

Uh, nothing? This is intentional. You can only earn 450 a week. It was the same for Myth before it. Just cap it out for the week and move on.

I can't even come close to capping it. I can only play about three/four nights a week including weekends. *sigh*

Mesharey

Extreme roulette + trials roulette for 5 days and you will get 425 sol. the cap is 450.
You can get in extreme and trial 85 sol.
I dunno how it works really, but I think people run Brayflox HM for soldiery tomes but only fight the first two bosses for some reason.
This method can be used to collect mythology not sol.

Semper88

I can't even come close to capping it. I can only play about three/four nights a week including weekends. *sigh*

Do your Daily Expert Roulette, it gives 25 extra soldiery on top of the 45 that the last bosses drop in Halatali, Brayflox, Lost City.

When you did that speed run Brayflox but do the full runs. Check the PF if there are speed runs that do full runs most of the time there are a few or create one your self.

aceface

Hey everyone,
I wanted to try to set up a Friday night helping time for the GAF FC on Ultros. Basically I (Tomo Takino in game) will be available from 9pm - 1am on Friday nights starting this Friday to help people with anything they need to get done. This is open to anyone on Ultros so if you have been hung up on something and need to find a party it would be a good opportunity. Just send me a tell or speak up in the FC chat that night. I've posted more info on the GAF guildwork forum here and you can post there if you'd like to join in (a few people other people have already told me in game they will be around to help) or if you'd like to sign up to do something. Envisioning it as a low pressure, fun way to get together and get stuff done so log on Friday night if you'd like to join in!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'd be up for doing a FC Titan Extreme run on Friday if we can get one scheduled. I'll need to rewatch the titan ex video.

Hey everyone,
I wanted to try to set up a Friday night helping time for the GAF FC on Ultros. Basically I (Tomo Takino in game) will be available from 9pm - 1am on Friday nights starting this Friday to help people with anything they need to get done. This is open to anyone on Ultros so if you have been hung up on something and need to find a party it would be a good opportunity. Just send me a tell or speak up in the FC chat that night. I've posted more info on the GAF guildwork forum here and you can post there if you'd like to join in (a few people other people have already told me in game they will be around to help) or if you'd like to sign up to do something. Envisioning it as a low pressure, fun way to get together and get stuff done so log on Friday night if you'd like to join in!

Great idea! I've been trying to beat Ultima (ultimate ballad quest) for a good month now. Takes forever to find a game through DF and when I finally get in a game, the team has one or two inexperienced peeps who won't listen and we never finish. Came close three times but the final orb phase always kills us! That's with full echo too. So frustrating, just want to get this quest over with.

Hopefully we have enough people to join from FC on Friday night, will hit you up. I'm gonna try to beat it throughout the week using DF but I don't have much hope that it'll happen.

In-game name: Sydney Madison

aceface

Yeah that's cool! Maybe we can run right into Ifrit if we get it done.

I'll be taking up one of the DPS slots as a Dragoon.

Works for me but let's just worry about Titan first lol.

Great idea! I've been trying to beat Ultima (ultimate ballad quest) for a good month now. Takes forever to find a game through DF and when I finally get in a game, the team has one or two inexperienced peeps who won't listen and we never finish. Came close three times but the final orb phase always kills us! That's with full echo too. So frustrating, just want to get this quest over with.

Hopefully we have enough people to join from FC on Friday night, will hit you up. I'm gonna try to beat it throughout the week using DF but I don't have much hope that it'll happen.

In-game name: Sydney Madison

Utlima HM is one of my favorite battles. We could plan for 10 or 11pm EDT after (hopefully) our Titan kill.

Again though I'd like to encourage people in the GAF FC to sign up for the guildwork forum http://neogaf.guildwork.com/ to plan stuff so we aren't filling this thread up with Ultros FC matters.

I don't feel like 9k is overkill for a WAR, since WAR is about a high HP pool and higher healing buff. WAR is about survival, about getting smacked and not dying, DMG is totally secondary.

If WAR worked like did pre-buff, I might agree, since 30 STR points to the 300% DMG recovery of Inner Beast could have worked really well. But right now there's no really need. If the party lacks DPS, WAR is not gonna fill the quota and if you need a dmg boost in some moments of the battle, Unchained + Berserk already fills that need.

In short: I don't feel STR strenghtens your role as a tank, given the fact you have to give a quite amount of VIT which it has a direct impact to your role capabilities unlike dmg.

PLD has a natural 20% dmg mitigation with Shield Oath, you know that right?

PLD dosn't have a much HP but has superior damage mitigation. It dosn't have the AoE aggro capabilities of WAR, but that's probably the reason is better suited for main tanking bosses, unlike WAR which often is relegated to add duty.

Zalasta

Hey everyone,

I would recommend to make it clear whether it's a practicing or a clearing run when you are setting up the groups so people can have the appropriate expectations.

Eterniti

I actually started grinding my Marauder the other day and wanted to ask if I should put my attribute points to STR or VIT since the class is eventually going to be a tank?

aceface

I would recommend to make it clear whether it's a practicing or a clearing run when you are setting up the groups so people can have the appropriate expectations.

Since these are people looking for their first clears, I consider them all learning groups where hopefully we will get a kill. I'll make this clear who anyone who agrees to help, if it isn't already. What I'm looking for is a relaxed, encouraging atmosphere where people can hone their skills.

Also, as I put in the huge post I wrote on the guildwork forums to help out the most people and make it fair for everyone we'll stick around for one full arena timer for each duty when there is more than one person signed up.

So right now the schedule would look something like this:
9pm - 10pm (or clear) Titan ex with Trojita.
10pm- 11 pm (or clear) Ultima HM with eternal pal.
11pm- new person or back to Titan ex or Ifrit ex with Trojita.

And so on.

Cleric stance best stance.

Last night on my first run on Brayflox HM healer forgot to switch back from cleric stance.

Oh the joy.

So I pull only the first 4 since I see my health dropping too fast, but of course a DPS feels it's too little and goes to get some more for a quick wipe.

He realized this only after we wiped 2 more times.

I really hate when DPS thinks he can decide how tanking should be done.

Brayflox runs are really kinda terrible on Tuesdays. They get better through the week for some reason.

PLD has a natural 20% dmg mitigation with Shield Oath, you know that right?

PLD dosn't have a much HP but has superior damage mitigation. It dosn't have the AoE aggro capabilities of WAR, but that's probably the reason is better suited for main tanking bosses, unlike WAR which often is relegated to add duty.

WAR has Defiance that does the same.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Spotted this on the Steam sale. Might give ti a shot for 30 days and see how I get on....hrmmmm...

Worth playing for the free month at least.

And while I'm on a different server atm, I can say that the GAF crowd on Ultros is pretty great.

Raide

Worth playing for the free month at least.

And while I'm on a different server atm, I can say that the GAF crowd on Ultros is pretty great.

Is the PAL version restricted to EU servers or can I jump around? Would like to play with GAF users to see how things go. :D

orion434

Had some fun moments in Brayflox HM as well last night. Tank starts with... "First time here" then pulls everything to the gate! We all die and I lose my Spiritbonding potion :(

Next run, Tank can't keep Argo and I'm in ilv 70 Bard Spiritbonding gear, on second pull decides to include the 2 raptors... another Spiritbonding potion gone :(

FYI ilv 70 gear will gain 6% - 7% per Full Brayflox HM run. With SB potion it's 8% and with FC company buff + SB potion it's 9%

MogCakes

The Ahriman head boss thing next to Edda has appendages on the side of its cheeks that resemble a GLD/MRD helm. Her story's pretty messed up, as is her group really. Dead fiance, dead Elezen archer, and a crazy healer. Wonder what happened to the lalafell.

WAR has Defiance that does the same.

Warrior actually doesn't get dmg mitigation from defiance like paladin does with shield oath. They both get increased enmity and lowered physical dmg, while paladin gets dmg reduction and warrior gets increased health/health received. There's actually a big difference between the 2 on certain fights where 20% dmg reduction blows away trying to heal a dmg sponge even with their increased healing received.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Is the PAL version restricted to EU servers or can I jump around? Would like to play with GAF users to see how things go. :D

Nope.

In fact the "EU" servers and the "NA" servers are both located in the same place (Montreal), so your latency should be the same regardless.

Only issues should be time-difference related I imagine. Ultros definitely dies down a decent bit during what is US night-time hours.

Raide

Nope.

In fact the "EU" servers and the "NA" servers are both located in the same place (Montreal), so your latency should be the same regardless.

Ahh thats pretty cool.

I tend to play healer classes in all MMO's I play but some of them are a bit grindy. Currently checking out some beginner information before I think about jumping in. Not got into an MMO since the WoW days, so something fresh might be fun.

jfkgoblue

Anyone else have trouble with Garuda EX? I'm a ilvl 81 PLD and no matter how many times I party up in an ilvl 80+ party, just cannot seem to beat her, I know the mechanics well enough(OT pulls chirada away from Garuda then kill quickly, and then pull other twin) but we will always wipe after the 2nd time... Is there anything I'm missing? It's just so frustrating to not be able to get past her after 100+ tries... I'm on famfrit btw

Jayhawk

Anyone else have trouble with Garuda EX? I'm a ilvl 81 PLD and no matter how many times I party up in an ilvl 80+ party, just cannot seem to beat her, I know the mechanics well enough(OT pulls chirada away from Garuda then kill quickly, and then pull other twin) but we will always wipe after the 2nd time... Is there anything I'm missing? It's just so frustrating to not be able to get past her after 100+ tries... I'm on famfrit btw

What mechanic are you dying to? Spiny plume being killed too early/late? Spiny plume stacks reaching three? Double wicked wheels?

OT pulling the other sister away, especially during when the tornados are up, is not necessary and is a waste of provoke that is used for spiny plumes.

jfkgoblue

What mechanic are you dying to? Spiny plume being killed too early/late? Spiny plume stacks reaching three? Double wicked wheels?

OT pulling the other sister away, especially during when the tornados are up, is not necessary and is a waste of provoke that is used for spiny plumes.
It's typically the double wicked wheels, but on occasion some blm decides to aoe razor plumes killing spiny in process

Also I still don't understand the spiny stacks

IvorB

I dunno how it works really, but I think people run Brayflox HM for soldiery tomes but only fight the first two bosses for some reason.

Do your Daily Expert Roulette, it gives 25 extra soldiery on top of the 45 that the last bosses drop in Halatali, Brayflox, Lost City.

When you did that speed run Brayflox but do the full runs. Check the PF if there are speed runs that do full runs most of the time there are a few or create one your self.

Yeah probably getting a bit ahead of myself. I still don't have all this unlocked. What little Soldiery I had was from doing Wanderer's Palace runs.

Hey everyone,

I can help out with anything on Friday night! (And be helped).

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if I can buy the Steam version and give/sell the key to someone else so they can get the 30 free days? I already have a PC version registered to my account, but I would like to have the Steam version.

I know I can add non-steam games, but I'm just weird like that.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The Ahriman head boss thing next to Edda has appendages on the side of its cheeks that resemble a GLD/MRD helm. Her story's pretty messed up, as is her group really. Dead fiance, dead Elezen archer, and a crazy healer. Wonder what happened to the lalafell.

That IS the fiance's head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom