• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

How far along are you? If you've gotten your relic you can probably do Ultima HM.

I've been very tardy with the story so I am only starting the relic quest. My weapon is level 70. Though "helping" implies that I actually know how to do it myself. :)

I'll help out with anything I am qualified for. I don't want to be the Edda of the party ha ha ha!!

IMBored

Hey everyone,
I wanted to try to set up a Friday night helping time for the GAF FC on Ultros. Basically I (Tomo Takino in game) will be available from 9pm - 1am on Friday nights starting this Friday to help people with anything they need to get done. This is open to anyone on Ultros so if you have been hung up on something and need to find a party it would be a good opportunity. Just send me a tell or speak up in the FC chat that night. I've posted more info on the GAF guildwork forum here and you can post there if you'd like to join in (a few people other people have already told me in game they will be around to help) or if you'd like to sign up to do something. Envisioning it as a low pressure, fun way to get together and get stuff done so log on Friday night if you'd like to join in!

That's a pretty good idea, although it's a bit late for me (2am in my area). Even so I'll try to show up to help. I'm also thinking we should schedule some Moogle EX clear parties soon, it's gonna be needed for Ramuh and people want those Ribbons.

In other news, I'm so into crafting/gathering that my books are being left being. Hopefully I'll reach 50 LTW today, and clear enough leves for 1 or 2 days, but I just reached the botanist unspoiled requirements, so I'm jumping from town to town trying to get a master crafter before the patch hits. And for that I'll probably need ARM/BSM to 50.

plake

Oh dang, bad idea to switch GC just a week ago. Haven't advanced enough in rank yet to get the hunts. I still have some time, though. Looking forward to all of the new patch but mostly CT, hunts (love dailies) and Ramuh.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm tired of being the only 50 that isn't a GC Lieutenant yet. Going to do my Twin Adder quest and actually start getting promotions again. Also, looks like I need to get promoted to do hunts anyway, so it's in my best interest to do it.

...and I might do expert roulette.

Budokai is joining FFXIV today, so I might level my ARC with him for a bit, too. Always something to do. :)

IvorB

If the moogle questline doesn't end with you getting their little postman cap as a vanity reward, there is no god in this world.

"We know how much you all love camping out fates for Animus books and weather conditions for sight seeing log, we are happy to announce you can now do so for rare mobs that you must compete with other players for. "

Yaaaay.

Not sure what you were expecting. They can't just have the mark sitting there the whole time waiting for you to come and kill it. There was obviously going to be some element of getting favourable conditions for the hunt.

How are they going to handle this I wonder? Will it be instanced, solo, party, full party, open world? Maybe a mix of all would be good.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm guessing they haven't revealed item levels for weapons and armor available via hunts?

I'm gonna need to stop doing roulette only every day and actually make some progress....

iLvl75 and I haven't done a single end-game thing yet except HM Ifrit.

IvorB

I'm gonna need to stop doing roulette only every day and actually make some progress....

iLvl75 and I haven't done a single end-game thing yet except HM Ifrit.

Yeah I spent a good long while farming roulettes and Wanderer's Palace for myth to buy the gear from the Revenant's Toll lady. Now I am ready to move forward again. I finished the story last weekend so this weekend I want to throw myself into the HM stuff.

aceface

I've been very tardy with the story so I am only starting the relic quest. My weapon is level 70. Though "helping" implies that I actually know how to do it myself. :)

I'll help out with anything I am qualified for. I don't want to be the Edda of the party ha ha ha!!

Nah, it's fine to have more than one person that is learning the fight.

Maybe we could help with your relic train on Friday?

Yeah I spent a good long while farming roulettes and Wanderer's Palace for myth to buy the gear from the Revenant's Toll lady. Now I am ready to move forward again. I finished the story last weekend so this weekend I want to throw myself into the HM stuff.

If you were on Sargatanas we could throw ourselves in together!

Is the Wanderer's Palace difficult? As a tank I'm petrified of attempting it for the first time in case the Stalker catches up to us and kills us and it because I'm not going fast enough or something.

Sioen

Is the Wanderer's Palace difficult? As a tank I'm petrified of attempting it for the first time in case the Stalker catches up to us and kills us and it because I'm not going fast enough or something.
It's easy.

dwix

It all depends on who you are running it with. There are some people who get pissy if you aren't doing it as fast as they want, but if you are with people who can relax, it is a ton of fun. Loved my first run of that dungeon and not knowing what to expect.

plake

Do it at the best of your abilities and have fun. Remember it's all about having fun. If people can't handle that, remember they'll have to queue up for 30 mins and you won't. No worries, it's easy.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
So uh, now that FFXIV:ARR (+30 days) is 9 euros on Steam, I'm REALLY tempted.

However, FFXIV (before ARR) disappointed me so hard that I'm not sure if I want to pick this up. I enjoyed FFXI a lot, though.

What do you think, is it worth it just to try? Not sure if I can afford or want to subscribe, though.

Also, how's the EU GAF community faring?

That's on ideal scenarios, if for any reason, at some point both tanks has 100 HP and they recieve 100 DMG, PLD survives, WAR dosn't.

Simple as that. needing an extra procedure (needing a heal) to be on equal terms, is something to considere....

But if both tanks are at 100 HP, it means the WAR took damage, but the PLD didn't? If they're both hit by the same attack, both would need about the same amount of heal to be topped off again. Hence why Defiance and Shield Oath are pretty much equal (even if they get there through different ways).

IvorB

Nah, it's fine to have more than one person that is learning the fight.

Maybe we could help with your relic train on Friday?

Sure, mate. I'm happy to help and be helped as appropriate.

Yeah for sure. That would have been cool. Wanderer's Palace is a lovely dungeon. It's enjoyable and highly farmable. I've run it so many times I would literally run it again any time. The stalker is a concern but most tanks I've run with know the procedure pretty well so they just pull them all together and I let rip with dat AOE.

So many people farm that place so maybe flag up that it's your first time and people should be able to advise you where to run through and where to stop. The tank does need to navigate the place and know where to avoid the stalker. I just follow behind and let rip whenever they stop. But I've seen all kinds of techniques so there is no right or wrong way.

Thanks for this; I just hit i70 last night but have not been using a guide; this is very helpful.
ibciHtoNzVegZI.JPG

Most of my gear on the left is i90, but all the accessories on the right are i55; this is going to take forever.

Frazley

Had a group going through Hauke Manor and kept wiping on Lady. Going to attempt it again tonight and see if we can get past it. The tank couldn't take ADDs enmity because he said he would get killed by damage. Thought from my experience as a GLD that tanks take all damage so DPS can drop the ADDs? I was DPS and tried my hardest to get rid of all the ADDs.

Need to beat Hauke to further the story.

Qvoth

fuck you t9!
another sch book... for us it's been 2 swords 1 axe 1 spear 2 sch books ; ;
we really need a dps to skip 2nd heavensfall >_<

Gunsmithx

Hey all, My buddy is getting me a sub for my birthday and I need some advice.

I'm not new to mmo's(long time wow raider a couple others) I normally play a tank or dps, any recommendations there? I'm leaning toward tank right now.

Thanks for any advice.

Ken

fuck you t9!
another sch book... for us it's been 2 swords 1 axe 1 spear 2 sch books ; ;
we really need a dps to skip 2nd heavensfall >_<

And not a single bow.

Hey all, My buddy is getting me a sub for my birthday and I need some advice.

I'm not new to mmo's(long time wow raider a couple others) I normally play a tank or dps, any recommendations there? I'm leaning toward tank right now.

Thanks for any advice.

Your tank options are Paladin and Warrior. I think Warrior is the more interesting tank class in this game.

Am I going to be able to get fast groups in this game if I go GLD/tank? That's usually the case for MMO's so I was wondering if it was the same here.

Yeah.

Qvoth

generally 5, we can get 4 sometimes
we brought a new smn this week because a member went on vacation, didn't even have upgraded weathered weapon

smn really is OP <_<

First time in wanderer palace last night , i went in as a healer ...tank wanted to clear this fast but i didn't kknow the dongeon so we let him take the initiative.

It's good to be fast but not to the point other people can't keep up. Keep being wiped out because only 3 people managed to get in the boss area before it got sealed off.
(2 people in total were new in this )

Then he tells me : " if you're targeted , just run "
Thank you guy , how about you tell me the spécifics so i can understand the traps ?

There was many dongeons before this one where a player was to be targetted, so i understand this already , especially since i have a big cursor on my character.

"just run" , ok run where ? what is supposed to attack me? the big boss ? the 5 minions he summons ? do i have to evade a set of attacks ( like wwith qarn ) or is it a setup the tank can re-aggro ? How about some info ?

I seriously don't understand people complaining about knew players faced to mecanics they don't know when your explanation is poor at best .... "just run"

What is so difficult to explain : " when boss does this , you need to hide/evade untill X happens " not "just run".

I'm kinda pissed off. You're in a hurry, i can understand , but we told you that this was our first time here. Can't you even wait for the group to be complete before you engage the boss ?

aceface

Gear question for scholars:
I've been slowly upgrading to the weathered soldiery gear and now I have all the armor pieces on the left side to put me at i95. I was wondering now if I should also get the soldiery accessories, or just skip them? I ask because the weathered accessories mostly don't have crit on them and the I90 accessories I have now do.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
we brought a new smn this week because a member went on vacation, didn't even have upgraded weathered weapon

smn really is OP <_<

Why do you want to eliminate second heavensfall? Or are you trying for just one ghost?

Ken

I've been slowly upgrading to the weathered soldiery gear and now I have all the armor pieces on the left side to put me at i95. I was wondering now if I should also get the soldiery accessories, or just skip them? I ask because the weathered accessories mostly don't have crit on them and the I90 accessories I have now do.

You'd probably benefit more from the increase of MND than the loss of crit.

Buy the ring if you haven't. Neither of the soldiery or High allagan necklaces have crit either so you could buy that if you want but the High Allagan one is better overall stat wise for you compared to the upgraded soldiery one.

Qvoth

Why do you want to eliminate second heavensfall? Or are you trying for just one ghost?

we already are doing 1 ghost generally
after 1st heavensfall, everyone just go full attack on nael, and just damage 1st ghost abit+some DoT, caster LB3 is enough to kill ghost at 70+%

Tabris

I have noticed WAR's tend to die easier when crits happen on a move + auto-attack when they are not capped. I've seen it happen to Wolven on Rafflesia when he's MTing, and our healers just had to adjust realizing that the minimum HP amount for WAR's is much different than PLD's.

Wilsongt

I did Titan EX for the first time last night and made it past heart phase before everyone finally died!

I kept dying to landslides, though, because I couldn't get out of the way fast enough due to finger fails...

However, I find the biggest irony of it all was that we had a DRG... who kept dying. Constantly.

Wilsongt

smn really is OP <_<

Yes we are.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7364d5b97a69c0e5142b582c12216ab8886a09af
Hunt and moogle preview.

- Rewards
Both regular and elite bills list a bounty for their indicated marks. This bounty will be paid in full once the marks have been slain. Allied Seals received from the Hunt can be exchanged for exclusive wares by speaking with the Hunt Billmaster at your Grand Company. Rewards include weapons, armor, minions, sands of time, oil of time, and alexandrite.

:O

Dunan

"just run" , ok run where ? what is supposed to attack me? the big boss ? the 5 minions he summons ? do i have to evade a set of attacks ( like wwith qarn ) or is it a setup the tank can re-aggro ? How about some info ?

I seriously don't understand people complaining about knew players faced to mecanics they don't know when your explanation is poor at best .... "just run"

What is so difficult to explain : " when boss does this , you need to hide/evade untill X happens " not "just run".

I know just how you feel with this. I've experienced it several times; people who forget that without certain background information, stripped-down advice like this is more frustrating than useful.

For me the worst was the Diablos fight at the end of the Amdapor ruins. There are a number of doors with icons above them, and you can figure out that the doors with matching icons are somehow related, but beyond that you need a little assistance. Each time I've been in there a veteran has been giving advice similar to what you were getting ("It's simple; it's like a memory game; you match the icons" - "Yes, but what do I actually do? Walk into them? Interact with them? Attack them? What?").

I still haven't figured out what to do in that battle and have never volunteered to have anything to do witht he doors for that reason.

And then you get the sarcastic boors who, when asked to spell things out more clearly, will go overboard with their contempt ("OK, on your controller there should be a button with a blue X on it. Hover your finger over that, and then press downward with a little force. Got that?").

I understand that typing things out with a keyboard can be time-consuming, but sometimes veterans need to learn to convey information concisely and clearly and not assume that everyone has the same context that they have. This is particularly true when playing a game that can't be paused, like this one.

iammeiam

They really need to roll the "find this item" thing from the crafting log out to the normal inventory/quest/leve/timer screens and expand it to cover HQ items. I've spent the past couple days with sporadic/interrupted playtime, so have been working on getting all crafts/DoL to 15, and inventory space is impossible to manage. Trying to consolidate the various stacks of things between my retainers and my inventory is a daunting proposal at this point. On the upside, trying to HQ crafted stuff for leves is actually sort of fun and involving.

Hopefully my schedule stabilizes by tomorrow so I can help out with anybody needing terrible DPS in the Friday help thing.

I know just how you feel with this. I've experienced it several times; people who forget that without certain background information, stripped-down advice like this is more frustrating than useful.

For me the worst was the Diablos fight at the end of the Amdapor ruins. There are a number of doors with icons above them, and you can figure out that the doors with matching icons are somehow related, but beyond that you need a little assistance. Each time I've been in there a veteran has been giving advice similar to what you were getting ("It's simple; it's like a memory game; you match the icons" - "Yes, but what do I actually do? Walk into them? Interact with them? Attack them? What?").

I still haven't figured out what to do in that battle and have never volunteered to have anything to do witht he doors for that reason.

And then you get the sarcastic boors who, when asked to spell things out more clearly, will go overboard with their contempt ("OK, on your controller there should be a button with a blue X on it. Hover your finger over that, and then press downward with a little force. Got that?").

I understand that typing things out with a keyboard can be time-consuming, but sometimes veterans need to learn to convey information concisely and clearly and not assume that everyone has the same context that they have. This is particularly true when playing a game that can't be paused, like this one.

Thing is i've seen plenty of people who actually do that.
I played cutter cry and i was also a new player ( at the time ) , but the Tank , while being fast , actually took the time to explain so i won't die because i don't know the traps. i don't want to imagine what that would be if it hadn't explained to me the basics and the thing is that we all did very well.. it's also a splendid way to convey information of the desired tactic because many players play differently.

Thankfully i haven't seen sarcastic boors yet.

Thing is i've seen plenty of people who actually do that.
I played cutter cry and i was also a new player ( at the time ) , but the Tank , while being fast , actually took the time to explain so i won't die because i don't know the traps. i don't want to imagine what that would be if it hadn't explained to me the basics and the thing is that we all did very well.. it's also a splendid way to convey information of the desired tactic because many players play differently.

Thankfully i haven't seen sarcastic boors yet.

Those are the good tanks. I'm no expert at the game but during the content I have played before a lot I always manage to keep up a fast pace and explain things to newbies. People who don't do this are just lazy.

I haven't had many sarcastic people but I've had people type "hahahaah" and shit like that when I pull a trash mob it turns out you could avoid. It really makes you feel like an idiot.

I could be wrong but I don't think this will be a return to the NM camping of old. It sounds like it be like the treasure map system...if they have a wide range of marks, that would avoid the treasure map issue where they got old really fast. It will be a major grind to get the goodies though...I hope they are good!

I will drag some of you kicking and screaming to these marks. I want the Elite Marks to make the XII look like wusses.

Pft, that'll be pretty hard considering some of the Elite Marks in FFXII had the potential to take hours to kill.

Asking again to see if Ultros FC has space.

Also, anyone has a good post-game guide? I skipped from 2.0 to now and I am lost as hell.

There should be room. There might be another purge soon. Just make sure to submit your application on the website at neogaf.guildwork.com and then submit your request using the in-game FC application when you login.

People that don't follow those directions often end up in application limbo and it is the reason why their applications are either never accepted or outright rejected. Generally, there is always room and if not then we will make room.

zewone

Even Square-Enix made the DRG the butt of their joke when the released their 8-Bit TItan fight and the DRG died first. Then there was a comic dealing a specific 'catch phrase' about each job, and DRG's was "Raise please.'

Haha, OK, I missed those.

Have they mentioned what Ramuh's requirements are? I still haven't cleared Leviathan EX. D:
You need to beat Levi and Mog EX.

I'm confused, everywhere I see the PS3 version listed as $29.99 and the PS4 version at $49.99.

But I heard that if you buy the PS3 version then you get the PS4 one for free so what's the point in the PS4 version being $20 more?
The PS3 upgrade ends at the end of the year. I'm guessing PS4 version doesn't want to drop the price for parity because they won't want to raise it come January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom