• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused, everywhere I see the PS3 version listed as $29.99 and the PS4 version at $49.99.

But I heard that if you buy the PS3 version then you get the PS4 one for free so what's the point in the PS4 version being $20 more?

aceface

You'd probably benefit more from the increase of MND than the loss of crit.

You make a good point, thanks.

Buy the ring if you haven't. Neither of the soldiery or High allagan necklaces have crit either so you could buy that if you want but the High Allagan one is better overall stat wise for you compared to the upgraded soldiery one.

Yeah I actually already have the necklace, going to go for the ring next, then the other ones.

IvorB

Hey all, My buddy is getting me a sub for my birthday and I need some advice.

I'm not new to mmo's(long time wow raider a couple others) I normally play a tank or dps, any recommendations there? I'm leaning toward tank right now.

Thanks for any advice.

Hey, I just bought this and few months for my buddy too. You guys can be the Birthday Buddy Sub Club. :)

WolvenOne

I'm thinking Mog EM is going to be a major hurdle for a large portion of the games population. I get the impression that a lot of people haven't even tried to beat that fight, or, that if they have, haven't done so successfully. Yet, they're going to need to beat it, if they want to try Ramah EM.

Fight's not even that hard really, just requires you to push your observational skills a bit.

iammeiam

Upgrade only works after you've activated the PS3 version, so anybody who doesn't already have a PS3/traded it in to upgrade to PS4 wouldn't be able to buy a PS3 copy and jump straight to PS4.

Noi

Haha, OK, I missed those.

Always a good time to repost them.

DjQUy82.jpg

aRaNcaC.jpg

K9jQSUg.jpg

Tabris

I'm trying to figure out a piece of armour that matches both PLD and WAR, to glamour over my Noct Body. I had a white mythril body piece but that doesn't match WAR.*

*Note - I don't want to look like a stripper, disney princess, or school girl.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm trying to figure out a piece of armour that matches both PLD and WAR, to glamour over my Noct Body. I had a white mythril body piece but that doesn't match WAR.*

*Note - I don't want to look like a stripper, disney princess, or school girl.

Be a MAN

Pft, that'll be pretty hard considering some of the Elite Marks in FFXII had the potential to take hours to kill.

Sure guys like Hell Wyrm, King Behemoth and Yiazmat...Gilgamesh and even some others took awhile to kill...that was all to them! They were pretty darn easy outside of Gilgamesh. Toughest out there was probably Omega Mark XVIUZIA whatever and he wasn't even an actual Mark I believe.

Mature

Hey man, that cuts into our DPS!
That said, good bards know when to give it without the WHM having to ask.
I play with some good bards who definitely look for it, but I don't think I've ever done a pug where the Bard has taken the initiative...

Do we know if there are any changes to myth tome farming in 2.3? Atma drop rate? and the 1500 myth cost of the animus books?

The books are really slowing me down with their cost. If I average 50 myth every 20 minutes (Bray farm, including the time it takes to queue), then it would take 90 hours to buy all the books. I hear people complain about Atma, but it took me waaaaay less than that to complete them. And then you also have to take into account the time it takes to actually complete a book, which isn't all that bad, but it could easily be around 4-5 hours (unless you get really unlucky with Fates). That's another 40-50 hours. At this rate I'll never finish (I just bought my second book).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Fought
Ifrit
yesterday, joined Grand Company and a Free Company, and finally found some decent armor instead of the cotton gown which makes helmets non-accessible. I'm trying to get that Chocobo whistle now.

Is it a hit and miss with Free Companies? How's GAF's FC? Are you blessed with a hammer or do you still seek Mighty Spark? ;) lol

Atma really isn't all that bad. It's something to do on the Vita while you watch TV. Do make a macro to level sync on and off though, it really makes life easier.

Atma never bugged me at all. I actually prefer it---RNG and all compared to the tedium that is the book grinding. Half the time I got my Atma I was semi-idle anyway (ran up, did a single overpower in the fate, did something else). At this point I have nothing to spend myth on BUT the books and I'm still a little annoyed with doing it. I still prefer just blowing it on myth items and playing the market for my own amusement.

Kind of sad considering I can finally put some accuracy on the Bravura (eventually)---and I just don't care about it enough anymore. I'll eventually do it I guess, but nothing will significantly budge my snail's pace until they nerf the myth requirements on the books first.

Atma never bugged me at all. I actually prefer it---RNG and all compared to the tedium that is the book grinding. Half the time I got my Atma I was semi-idle anyway (ran up, did a single overpower in the fate, did something else). At this point I have nothing to spend myth on BUT the books and I'm still a little annoyed with doing it. I still prefer just blowing it on myth items and playing the market for my own amusement.

Kind of sad considering I can finally put some accuracy on the Bravura (eventually)---and I just don't care about it enough anymore. I'll eventually do it I guess, but nothing will significantly budge my snail's pace until they nerf the myth requirements on the books first.

That was my question though. Have they talked about that? Or is that just wishful thinking on our part?

iammeiam

If you can get Unidentified Tomestones from CT2, and the catalyst to unweather weapons from hunts, unless Hunts are unbelievably tedius or the grind is a whole new level of bad, relics just became a little less appealing.

I sped through Atma but apathy set in hard for Animus. Still on book 2. I really need to get off my ass and at least finish the DEX books.

That was my question though. Have they talked about that? Or is that just wishful thinking on our part?

I think eventually they'll have to. Last I checked, less people were doing the A>A>N line than they'd have liked. I think most have just assumed it would happen sooner given how they've handled everything else. Best I've read myself is that it will eventually happen, but nothing on a timeframe yet.

And like iammeiam said, some people will easily just choose to grind out sands and oils now instead of powering up their relics (like myself...).

Tabris

If you can get Unidentified Tomestones from CT2, and the catalyst to unweather weapons from hunts, unless Hunts are unbelievably tedius or the grind is a whole new level of bad, relics just became a little less appealing.

I sped through Atma but apathy set in hard for Animus. Still on book 2. I really need to get off my ass and at least finish the DEX books.

No way they make sands easy to get. It will be an insane grind or super RNG (like mirrors).

aceface

I think I'm the opposite of all you guys, I would enjoy Animus. Just give me a list of stuff to do and let me chip away at it I am good. At least I feel like I'm making progress. Plus I have nothing else to really spend Myth on now so I keep capping out at 2,000.

However I just couldn't take the RNG aspect of Atma. With my schedule I usually get 3-4 hours to play 5 or 6 nights a week. I started devoting an hour of that time each night to Atma farming and it got to the point where after 7 straight days doing North Shroud with no Atma I just gave up. It felt like I was making no progress at all, like hitting a brick wall.

WolvenOne

They'll likely be substantially increasing the Myth drop-rate come 2.3, that and you can get Myth for doing Hunts and PVP now too. So the Myth grind to get books and Alexnandrite should be greatly reduced.

That should help speed you through books, and later, Alexandrite.

They'll likely be substantially increasing the Myth drop-rate come 2.3, that and you can get Myth for doing Hunts and PVP now too. So the Myth grind to get books and Alexnandrite should be greatly reduced.

That should help speed you through books, and later, Alexandrite.

That more stuff gives out myth doesn't really speed up the grind, it just makes it a little less tedious. Though that would depend on the drop rates. If it's much worse than Bray, then they'll be useless for grinding.

Have we heard anything about them increasing myth drop rate in 2.3? Because I know it was said it would happen in 2.28 and the increase there was negligible. Like 100 for low level roulette vs 70 before. Not a huge change.

I just spent all my myth on my second book, I'll probably be getting the 1500 for my next book right around the time for the patch. I should probably hold on buying another till then.

Cmagus

I think eventually they'll have to. Last I checked, less people were doing the A>A>N line than they'd have liked. I think most have just assumed it would happen sooner given how they've handled everything else. Best I've read myself is that it will eventually happen, but nothing on a timeframe yet.

And like iammeiam said, some people will easily just choose to grind out sands and oils now instead of powering up their relics (like myself...).

They should have made the books cheaper but filled with more content working towards your next one. I would be fine if the books were like 900 a piece and the books had a few more dungeons that gave myth.

I'm on my 4th book today it just feels like such a huge task still. I just hope future content is more diverse and has a better flow to it but until then back to the grind.

WolvenOne

That more stuff gives out myth doesn't really speed up the grind, it just makes it a little less tedious. Though that would depend on the drop rates. If it's much worse than Bray, then they'll be useless for grinding.

Have we heard anything about them increasing myth drop rate in 2.3? Because I know it was said it would happen in 2.28 and the increase there was negligible. Like 100 for low level roulette vs 70 before. Not a huge change.

I just spent all my myth on my second book, I'll probably be getting the 1500 for my next book right around the time for the patch. I should probably hold on buying another till then.

Changing drop rates during major patches is fairly common, and they stated in the past that they'd be controlling and reducing the grind for things like Books, Alexandrite, etc, by modifying the Myth drop rate as necessary.

It wouldn't require a huge change in drop rates, to greatly affect things, either. For example, if lvl50 dungeons like Brayflox, HMHM, etc, had their Myth drop rates increased from 50 to 70, you'd go from needing 16 Runs per Alexandrite, to 12.

If you were getting every Alexandrite that way, (nobody is,) it'd be the difference between 1200 Brayflox Myth runs, and 900. That's with a fairly modest increase to the Myth drop rate, and we very well could get a higher drop rate then that.

As for the 2.28 patch, only CT saw a major increase in its Myth drop, where-as the rest of the increase came from improvements to the daily roulette. I expect those Roulette bonuses to stay the same, but for the Base Myth drop rates to increase slightly.

Plus, again, you'll get Myth for doing Hunts and PVP, so if you really don't want to Grind, you can play normally and still get the Myth you need eventually.

WolvenOne

I rather like the look of that WAR set. The fact that these all have GC logo's on them however, all but guarantee's that this is Grand Company armor/weapons, that you just happen to purchase via Marks.

I hope that they have equivalent variants for each of the GC's. Even if that new armor is lower ilvl than I'd like, I'd still consider grinding it out for vanity, if they let me do that in my current company.

As is, well, changing GC's and grinding back up to full rank, isn't something I want to do right now.

WolvenOne

So Hunts are dailies, eh...

There's a hunt (maybe two,) that resets daily, and one that resets weekly. From a design perspective, this makes sense. If the weapons and armor you can get from this are, "among," the best currently available, then they aren't going to want players to grind to that armor too quickly.

Limiting the amount of hunts you can do per week, accomplishes this.

IvorB

Soooo this relic guy wants a Sanguine Sceptre with two materia in it. Where do I get this? Some guy is selling the completed item but it's about 100K. That's a lot. What are the options?

Soooo this relic guy wants a Sanguine Sceptre with two materia in it. Where do I get this? Some guy is selling the completed item but it's about 100K. That's a lot. What are the options?

I just bought mine, to he honest. Made the gil back within a few days from duty roulettes anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom