• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Man... People are just burning through the new content. I guess that is to be expected with part of an MMO population, though...

Wilsongt

Don't worry, we'll be back to people being bored and not logging in again by the end of the week

Huehuehue

Burn out the elites an leave behind those who want to enjoy and learn battles and dungeons as groups.

I'm okay with that. I have no problem startif my own learning parties. ;D

nubbe

god damn

I have to wait several minutes now for duty groups when I only needed to wait a few seconds before

this sucks, patch total bomba

Kame

Yo patch 2.2 is pretty hype.

Btw has anyone been able to get on top of the roof on a large house before?

There's this FC in Ultros that said they got on top of their large house in Mist.

As far as I know, no one has been able to do it.

(looked everywhere in the internet)

MechaX

Don't worry, we'll be back to people being bored and not logging in again by the end of the week

Huehuehue

So pretty much it'll be "God, all this new content is so easy, wtf SE?!" vs. "God, what do you mean it takes a long time to grind out the Zodiac and to get through 2nd Coil? WTF SE?!"

I'm just happy for Glamours, now I don't have to look at my Bard's fashion disaster all the time.

Clipse

So I'm thinking of starting up a Coil static and was wondering how important group composition is? Is it still best to have at least one BRD, one of each healer, one melee and the rest ranged dps, etc.?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
As a relatively new level 50, what's the gear progression now? What should I start working on for my next set of gear?

Edit: also does anyone know the conversion rate for these useless tomes of philosophy I have now?
Anybody?

mre

Gonna be tough for us to give you a great answer since so much new stuff dropped today, but it would help if we knew approximately what gear you have now. And you can trade 4 philo tomestones for 1 myth.
Pretty much I have the level 45 and 50 quest gears for scholar and the GC grimoire.
The conversion is 4:1, and as a fresh 50 you're going to want to run CT until you have the i80 armor for your job, using the myth to grab i90 accessories.
What ilevel is required for CT? I think my current ilevel is an even 50 or so. I was working towards the dark light set, but now I'm not sure if there's something to replace those in this new patch.

Thanks for the help.

As a relatively new level 50, what's the gear progression now? What should I start working on for my next set of gear?

Edit: also does anyone know the conversion rate for these useless tomes of philosophy I have now?

I can only speak for the DPS.

Copper Bell Mine (HM), Haukke Manner (HM), Wonderer Palace (iLV 55) -> AK (iLV60) -> Start buying Darklight gear (iLV70) -> infinite Crystal Tower run (iLV80) -> When avg iLV~75 -> Coil (iLV90) + Myth tome Gear (iLV90)

Ala Alba

Pretty much I have the level 45 and 50 quest gears for scholar and the GC grimoire.

What ilevel is required for CT? I think my current ilevel is an even 50 or so. I was working towards the dark light set, but now I'm not sure if there's something to replace those in this new patch.

Thanks for the help.

You need an average ilvl of 50 to get into CT, and you'll probably be in a group with much high ilvl, so don't be worried about being too weak.

Isaccard

So pretty much it'll be "God, all this new content is so easy, wtf SE?!" vs. "God, what do you mean it takes a long time to grind out the Zodiac and to get through 2nd Coil? WTF SE?!"

I'm just happy for Glamours, now I don't have to look at my Bard's fashion disaster all the time.

There were already complaints about leviathan HM being disappointing in FC chat. Being attached to the main story quest line I'm not sure what they were expecting.

mre

Copper Bell Mine (HM), Haukke Manner (HM), Wonderer Palace (iLV 55) -> AK (iLV60) -> Start buying Darklight gear (iLV70) -> infinite Crystal Tower run (iLV80) -> When avg iLV~75 -> Coil (iLV90) + Myth tome Gear (iLV90)

You need an average ilvl of 50 to get into CT, and you'll probably be in a group with much high ilvl, so don't be worried about being too weak.
Great, thank you both.

aceface

If I were you I'd start getting well acquainted with Crystal tower. Since it's unlimited loot now you should be able to get the i80 set from drops relatively soon and while you are doing that you can bank Myth tomes to buy i90 stuff.

Edit: beaten by a lot

Lol I forgot CT loots are unlocked now. So, yeah, just so ahead and run CT like crazy. It's the best place to get myth tome now you're very likely to get your iLV80 gears since most people running CT are already way over-geared.

creid

Can't buy DL anymore. Not sure where it drops now.

dcye

Did all three of the new dungeons. Liked them all. Amdapor was amazing. Brayflox was a bit boring but the last boss was fun. Halatali was faceroll lolworthy. Could probably be speedrun somehow.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
it sucks being stuck at work. At least I only have to put in 4 hours tomorrow to finish off the week.

Already warned the wife that I will be spending lots of time getting this content taken care of.

I heard BG just downed T9.

Is unbinding glamours possible?
What do you mean by "unbind"?

If you mean undo the glamour process, yes, there are crystals you can buy in the cities that turn the item back to its original appearence.
If you mean unbind the items, no, the item used to cast the glamour is bound to your character even if you never equip it.

Kenai

So before passing out in an embarrassing fashion this morning, I unlocked Second Coil, Leviathan, Battle on the Big Bridge, both beastman dailies (and completed them, gonna be one of the early birds on dem mounts this time), Thornmarch Extreme and 2 new dances. And even as stupid tired as I was, Hildebrand was still amazing. The "gotta go fast" thing was glorious.

Not even sure where to start today.

desu

3 drops at the same time from levi ex?

rCGehhb.png

So before passing out in an embarrassing fashion this morning, I unlocked Second Coil, Leviathan, Battle on the Big Bridge, both beastman dailies (and completed them, gonna be one of the early birds on dem mounts this time), Thornmarch Extreme and 2 new dances. And even as stupid tired as I was, Hildebrand was still amazing. The "gotta go fast" thing was glorious.

Not even sure where to start today.

Damn man, take a break to breathe every now and then.

Kenai

Damn man, take a break to breathe every now and then.

But it was so fun! And I haven't even done anything that actually takes time (like the Zodiac? fates).

Leviathan was fun on Hard. But I can already tell i'm going to get myself killed several times on EX since
that rail to keep me from falling off the boat won't be there

I also like that the story all but confirmed Limsa's other new job when they release more.
We get Musketeer and NINJA, oh yiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom