• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done joining all crafting/gathering classes and have a question regarding wearing articles of clothing labeled "All Classes". I have a bunch of gear that falls under that category in my retainers's inventories and none of them have any crafting/gathering attributes. Is there any point in wearing them while in a crafting/gathering class or should I just dispose of them to open up inventory spots for my retainers?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I applied for Ultros GAF. Someone take mercy on me, I hate that every time I am in a town people are like JOIN MAH FC!

edgefusion

After playing MNK in a lot of endgame fights this past week... screw LB! That animation lock is terrible.

Yeah, it's pretty awful. Especially when you're partnered with a dragoon that doesn't realise it's more beneficial for them to do it as they have no stacks to lose. If you time it just right you can maintain stacks through LB1 and LB2, but LB3 is a big fat nope. The absolute worst is that you spend a good few seconds after the animation is over just stood there locked in place for no good reason.

On another note, does anyone have any experience of the European servers? Particularly Odin. I'm getting a bit tired of never having anyone to talk to/play with on Ultros because of the time difference. I come in from work and the FC is dead, same on weekends. It doesn't pick up until late night when America wakes up and it suddenly becomes incredibly active... Right as I'm getting too tired to play! I'll be sad to leave GAF and my awesome static, but even they run a bit later than I'm comfortable with on week nights. Either way I'll be staying until after the patch hits to see how things shape up, but to be honest it's the time zone difference that kills it, rather than overall population.

IvorB

Ultima HM down! That was a really fun fight.

Tomo's Operation HELP was a big success!

That was a really grand fight. And the stupid share button even managed to work for once and save our successful run.

Yeah I had a great time. Lots of people getting stuff done. Damn Titan EX though...we got to the superbomb twice on the first run through and then later on I was just too tired. Maybe next Friday. Looking forward to it!

Yeah nice one, mate. It was pretty crazy diving into that fight at 4AM but Ultima soon woke me the f**k up. :) I'm definitely up for Friday Noob Night next week.

Mesharey

Yeah, it's pretty awful. Especially when you're partnered with a dragoon that doesn't realise it's more beneficial for them to do it as they have no stacks to lose. If you time it just right you can maintain stacks through LB1 and LB2, but LB3 is a big fat nope. The absolute worst is that you spend a good few seconds after the animation is over just stood there locked in place for no good reason.

On another note, does anyone have any experience of the European servers? Particularly Odin. I'm getting a bit tired of never having anyone to talk to/play with on Ultros because of the time difference. I come in from work and the FC is dead, same on weekends. It doesn't pick up until late night when America wakes up and it suddenly becomes incredibly active... Right as I'm getting too tired to play! I'll be sad to leave GAF and my awesome static, but even they run a bit later than I'm comfortable with on week nights. Either way I'll be staying until after the patch hits to see how things shape up, but to be honest it's the time zone difference that kills it, rather than overall population.
Ragnarok is really good, don't know about other servers.

IvorB

Really? That's weird. I normally find no mater what time I log in there are people about, the chat is going and there are people logging in/out all the time. When I first started playing it could be quiet during the EU day/evening but now I don't really notice that at all. It also doesn't seem like I have to queue any longer either.

aceface

That was a really grand fight. And the stupid share button even managed to work for once and save our successful run.

Nice. Upload it and share it if you can! Who were you btw?

No doubt, thanks again Tomo.

It's no problem, I enjoyed it. A couple of people stuck around for most of the night (Chocolate, V'rius, Ranketsu, xtech off the top of my head...sorry if I'm forgetting anyone) which was awesome, so thanks to all who participated.

dramatis

Is there a difference between PLD & WHM stoneskin?
Yes. WHM Stoneskin (past lvl 38) absorbs damage equal to 18% of max HP due to a trait inherent to CNJ/WHM. Other classes who cross-class Stoneskin do not have this trait, so the effectiveness of Stoneskin remains the default 10%.

WHM Protect is also better than cross-class Protect by default because of traits.

Mesharey

Yes. WHM Stoneskin (past lvl 38) absorbs damage equal to 18% of max HP due to a trait inherent to CNJ/WHM. Other classes who cross-class Stoneskin do not have this trait, so the effectiveness of Stoneskin remains the default 10%.

WHM Protect is also better than cross-class Protect by default because of traits.
Aha thanks, my WHM is lvl 30 now I might as well continue to 50 later (the upgraded stoneskin I think is at lvl 36).

Alright, tonight I'm putting my pussy in the closet and fighting Garuda HM.... right after a few roulettes and all my daily quests.

Also, is it sad that I'm considering levelling culinary to 50 just so I can have a steady stream of food for my PLD...

Mine.

10514289_10152265317766297_5130957493612835195_o.jpg

I applied for Ultros GAF. Someone take mercy on me, I hate that every time I am in a town people are like JOIN MAH FC!

I saw your in-game application but didn't get your website application. Make sure to submit the form on the 'Recruitment' page at neogaf.guildwork.com. We use this for book keeping purposes and it makes it easier to re-invite people when they leave for an extended period of time and get purged.

demonkaze

Just resubscribed since I quit a short time after launch of ARR. I hit 50 on my PLD but didn't do much of the end game due to it boring me to tears (only did Ifrit and Garuda HM i think). Is there somewhere I can look up, or even a decent guide, on where to start with endgame and progress as of the current update?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I saw your in-game application but didn't get your website application. Make sure to submit the form on the 'Recruitment' page at neogaf.guildwork.com. We use this for book keeping purposes and it makes it easier to re-invite people when they leave for an extended period of time and get purged.

Alright, already accepted. w00t thanks a lot, I forgot the guildworks step :p

Teknoman

Yeah nice one, mate. It was pretty crazy diving into that fight at 4AM but Ultima soon woke me the f**k up. :) I'm definitely up for Friday Noob Night next week.

I was thinking about trying to set up the PS3/PS4 version so i'd be able to record that too, but I dunno if the performance would be there / would be better to just FRAPS (i'm on PC with a dual shock 3).

I would hope that they would have cross class traits pertaining to the skills you get cross class or would that make some classes op?

Nice. Upload it and share it if you can! Who were you btw?

It's no problem, I enjoyed it. A couple of people stuck around for most of the night (Chocolate, V'rius, Ranketsu, xtech off the top of my head...sorry if I'm forgetting anyone) which was awesome, so thanks to all who participated.
Sydney Madison here. Thanks again for setting that up and helping me and others finish our quests. Was super stoked that I finally cleared Ultima HM. Actually helped a few other GAFfers complete Ultima HM later that night... on our first try no less! Some of us proceeded to tackle Garuda EX after that and though we didn't beat it, everyone was extremely helpful in getting the noobies up to speed and get the fight down. Looking forward to the next time this goes down!

dramatis

I would hope that they would have cross class traits pertaining to the skills you get cross class or would that make some classes op?
No traits are cross-classable. The whole point is that the class from where a cross-class ability originates would have the best version of the ability, and that is accomplished through traits for the original class alone. Otherwise everyone would just level all the classes then stack all cross class abilities and traits on their preferred class.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So for Paladin I need a Conjurer at level 15 right? AT what time should I start working on that? Right now I'm level 18 with my Gladiator.

I quickly powerleveled CNJ to 8 at around 25 GLD for Cure and Protect, which are nice to have for leveling. I would suggest leveling CNJ to 15 in your late 20s so you can go PLD the moment you hit 30 rather than having to grind out CNJ.

chris-013

So much stuff to do... I didn't play since october 2013 ! I really like the challenge log, the duty roulette and the beast tribe quests. Gold and xp are so easy to farm now. ^^

Alright, tonight I'm putting my pussy in the closet and fighting Garuda HM.... right after a few roulettes and all my daily quests.

Also, is it sad that I'm considering levelling culinary to 50 just so I can have a steady stream of food for my PLD...

It's cute that you think all it takes it's getting culinary to 50 to make food. Hint: you need almost all classes at 50 and then it's a rabbit hole of equipment and materia melding to get to make the most difficult stuff. My lvl 50 CUL has no hope on HQing any of the good food in the game.

Sydney Madison here. Thanks again for setting that up and helping me and others finish our quests. Was super stoked that I finally cleared Ultima HM. Actually helped a few other GAFfers complete Ultima HM later that night... on our first try no less! Some of us proceeded to tackle Garuda EX after that and though we didn't beat it, everyone was extremely helpful in getting the noobies up to speed and get the fight down. Looking forward to the next time this goes down!

I was the OT in the Garuda fight, thanks for putting up with me, I really learned a lot. I think I'll be able to complete the fight next time. It was a lot of fun either way.

omlet

It's like GAF, the mods are here to keep the peace, not make threads for you and guide every single discussion. Some guilds do things like this, but it's by no means the only type of guild, or some kind of norm to be adhered to. That the FC does not meet your expectations is, in no way, shape, or form, a valid reason for the criticism you levied against it. It's fine to want something different, but to accuse people of not delivering on promises they never made is the height of arrogance.

Too bad most people are too boneheaded to understand this.

This is what Perfect Balance is for!

So much stuff to do... I didn't play since october 2013 ! I really like the challenge log, the duty roulette and the beast tribe quests. Gold and xp are so easy to farm now. ^^

The new crafting stuff is intimidating ~_~

It's cute that you think all it takes it's getting culinary to 50 to make food. Hint: you need almost all classes at 50 and then it's a rabbit hole of equipment and materia melding to get to make the most difficult stuff. My lvl 50 CUL has no hope on HQing any of the good food in the game.

That's not true at all. At the most you need a few professions @15 and some decent HQ/melded gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom