• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically even though cooking requires probably the most ingredients easily, it's advised to do the two star items needed for the artisan spectacles as CUL since it's the easiest to do.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
so, im thinking how to solve annoying the FC, maybe i should make a linkshell where i can invite people i dont annoy to talk and just hide the fc chat, i _know_ i annoy some people, which i dont want to.

its either that or maybe i should join another smaller fc that likes to talk more, my enjoyment comes out of sharing my stuff that happens, i cant play a game like its singleplayer only.

sorry to whoever i annoyed/offended.

Ken

so, im thinking how to solve annoying the FC, maybe i should make a linkshell where i can invite people i dont annoy to talk and just hide the fc chat, i _know_ i annoy some people, which i dont want to.

its either that or maybe i should join another smaller fc that likes to talk more, my enjoyment comes out of sharing my stuff that happens, i cant play a game like its singleplayer only.

you could join NA

I quickly powerleveled CNJ to 8 at around 25 GLD for Cure and Protect, which are nice to have for leveling. I would suggest leveling CNJ to 15 in your late 20s so you can go PLD the moment you hit 30 rather than having to grind out CNJ.

That sounds like a good plan. I guess I'll go with that. Thanks

Mesharey

After resetting my attribute points, I went all VIT, but nothing happened and I don't have points now, they all disappeared. -.-"

Do they have an email or something?

Ken

After resetting my attribute points, I went all VIT, but nothing happened and I don't have points now, they all disappeared. -.-"

Do they have an email or something?

does your point allotment window not look like this?

ieMZjii0nzAzU.png

i dont even know na, and theyd probably get tired of me too. maybe mmo's just arent a good fit for my personality, i talk too much.

people could just use the blacklist option more

Mesharey

does your point allotment window not look like this?

ieMZjii0nzAzU.png
O.M.G. .. I went all STR by mistake. T_T

... T_T

Thanks. T_T

Edit: delivered some items in my inventory and got 10K seals to reset the points and went all VIT. XD
Thank god I remembered these items. T_T

jackal27

Banned
So I just picked this up on the Steam sale I'm trying to trying to get my friend into it who isn't really into MMORPGs. Can anyone tell me some ways that this is different from other MMOs or why he would should play?

LowParry

Has anyone openly said to stop? Cause not, keep it up. :D I like to see the chatter in guild.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
people could just use the blacklist option more

been saying that for months, the general reply is: "but those slots are for goldspammers"

im just gonna play the game and not talk, see how long i can hold out heh.

Has anyone openly said to stop? Cause not, keep it up. :D I like to see the chatter in guild.

its been ''hinted'' at alot yes, to the point that im kinda over it.

been saying that for months, the general reply is: "but those slots are for goldspammers"

im just gonna play the game and not talk, see how long i can hold out heh.

its been ''hinted'' at alot yes, to the point that im kinda over it.

Whether they hint or not, thats their problem imo. If you enjoy sharing your experiences then you should continue to do so. Don't let a few debbie downers ruin your experience!

jackal27

Banned
I love to talk on MMOs! And I love talkative people! I tend to play with my girl friends a lot of the time because they seem to make better conversation.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah, the blacklist is there for a reason. If someone really thinks you're annoying it's right there for them to use like for any gold spammer. Me, I appreciate the background noise. Sometimes the chat feels a little dead despite having 500 members. No I don't use mumble, and I can 't really, so I like seeing the light blue in chat.

(Not that you're as annoying as the gold sellers.)

Cmagus

i dont even know na, and theyd probably get tired of me too. maybe mmo's just arent a good fit for my personality, i talk too much.

I didn't carry your ass through all those maps for you to leave. Do what you gotta do man I talk a lot in chat as well and I probably annoy some people but who cares it's an mmo.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
well you see, when even the officiers or whatever its called multiple times tell you its not livejournal or a twitter feed its gets trickier.

im just over it, im not leaving, just gonna stay in silence to avoid issues. im not gonna name names and i dont dislike anyone, but i know theres been shittalk about me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
well you see, when even the officiers or whatever its called multiple times tell you its not livejournal or a twitter feed its gets trickier.

im just over it, im not leaving, just gonna stay in silence to avoid issues. im not gonna name names and i dont dislike anyone, but i know theres been shittalk about me.

Which officers?

Garuda HM turned out to be extremely pants despite all guides / my friends hyping it up to be extremely hard. Is this also the case with Titan HM where people make it sound harder than it is?

Had to fight her a good 12-15 times though to get her to drop the weapon I wanted...

Cmagus

Garuda HM turned out to be extremely pants despite all guides / my friends hyping it up to be extremely hard. Is this also the case with Titan HM where people make it sound harder than it is?

Had to fight her a good 12-15 times though to get her to drop the weapon I wanted...
Titan HM is pretty easy providing your party can dodge. The fight is very repetitive overall but requires you to pay attention. Titan EX however is another story.

BadRNG

It really doesn't, no officer is going to kick you for talking in FC chat. I would not pay anyone any mind, if they don't want to blist(even that's extreme to me, you aren't that bad) it's their own problem.

dramatis

There's the option of keep trucking even despite minor comments.

If you want to be super creative, limit yourself to 140 characters.

Titan HM is pretty easy providing your party can dodge. The fight is very repetitive overall but requires you to pay attention. Titan EX however is another story.

Well, I guess it can't be too hard, judging by some of the players I've seen with Relic weapons.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Which officers?

im not gonna name names, lets just say i had alot of fun today in a long time and then seeing that phrase three times from different people really put a damper on it.

Im just gonna drop it, im totally over it just wanted to let people know how i feel about it and that i dont blame anyone.

Lets make the thread about XIV again sorry for interrupting.

kierwynn

I don't know who was saying what, but you can't actually get in trouble just because you like to talk. For as many people that give you a hard time, there are a lot of people who do enjoy talking with you from what I've seen. Don't let the negative comments get you down.

im not gonna name names, lets just say i had alot of fun today in a long time and then seeing that phrase three times from different people really put a damper on it.

Im just gonna drop it, im totally over it just wanted to let people know how i feel about it and that i dont blame anyone.

Lets make the thread about XIV again sorry for interrupting.

Listen man, if you enjoy sharing your experiences in FC chat then you should, thats really the bottom line. The leaders and officers were selected/elected to help Maple manage the FC. They are not the chat police in regards to what topics can be discussed, as long as its appropriate(racism, sexist remarks, etc).

If people, whether in a position of leadership or not, want to make snide comments because they dont care to hear what you have to say, that is their problem. I think clamming up because of these said people would be a mistake, but its your choice.

Whaaaa no! I really don't think you annoy anyone! Talk away!

Edit: Read some more, I seriously wouldn't sweat it. If there's anyone who doesn't like what you say they could just block you. I enjoy when you're on for what its worth

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

Oh, I'm just 'some people' now, huh.

For a second there I thought you meant Garuda EX and I was getting ready to slap you. The HM primals are pretty much a joke. EX on the other hand...

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Any suggestions for cross class skills as a WAR? I've mostly been focusing on GLD since they have the most stuff, especially Provoke, but was wondering what else to go for. I'm leveling PUG a bit right now since Second Wind seems useful. Anything else I should go for?

Ken

Any suggestions for cross class skills as a WAR? I've mostly been focusing on GLD since they have the most stuff, especially Provoke, but was wondering what else to go for. I'm leveling PUG a bit right now since Second Wind seems useful. Anything else I should go for?

Internal release and convalescence

supergiz

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who came tonight. It was my first time organizing the event and I have learned a great deal of changes to make for next time. I would appreciate feedback and I will announce change implementations mid next week.

Some things I am mulling around are modifications on the accessory requirement. For tonight, we went with no accessories including belts to make things more balanced. From what I saw, this did not overall impact the length of the fights, but some of the new / lower ranked healers were getting schooled because of it. I was thinking we might implement an accessory allowance based on rank / prior skill with the healer job.

Another was the reshuffles. While they were pretty fast, I feel I can do them much faster, as well as the initial team distribution at the beginning. To combat this, we can create a shared google spreadsheet with specific cells marked to be editable. Or I could create a list of people interested in doing this, and confirm one by one on whether they are available for pvp. This one is kind of difficult for me to figure out so feedback would be appreciated.

On another note, I would like to place a rule that any bickering / complaining either be directed in a mog mail / private message to me / felix or kept to yourself. I know complaints come up during these things but it only damages the event to bring them up in the gaf pvp linkshell / fighting linkshell. It is especially damaging when brought up in the normal gaf fc chat or shouts / say channel. I promise you I will address any issues you have but please keep them in a private channel directed towards me / felix.

I was hearing things about people putting on accessories as well or changing equipment. I trust that within your teams you will keep an eye on this, but to prevent things like this from happening I will choose a different location from the FC house (one where it will be easy to tell where people are) and make it mandatory that people remain in said area during the event.

Next event will be next Saturday same time and Felix will be leading it from the ground floor with backup from Natasha. I will be doing mission control from wherever in the states I end up (hopefully not the streets *wink*) and will take over again the following Saturday.

Any feedback as always is appreciated but please keep it constructive.

So I'm doing the crafting/gathering classes right now and it doesn't feel like it will take me very long to hit max level with everything. But then again, I'm pretty sure I felt the same way with my pugilist/lancer classes and those took some time. And at the moment, I'm trying everything at once. And I thought it would have been pointless to synthesize any of the weapons or war/magic clothing but then I remembered about the leves and grand company supply missions, so I can get some exp from turning those in.

Seems like a lot of hot air, if people are that bothered by a chatty person, just ignore the chat. When my head gets overwhelmed from mumble, I just log off and listen to music to recharge.

Teknoman

Personally I say its best to just have several gear sets for whatever the current GAF match rules are for the time. That way you're never in violation. Should be obvious, but figured i'd say just in case it slipped some minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom