• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anyone know where there's a strategy rundown for Moogle Extreme? I want to try that fight tomorrow, and I'd like a decent shot at getting my Fending Ribbon. XD

It looks like the goal here is to fight the king until the small moogles appear. At that point get all of the small moogles to low HP. Once a moogle is killed, the king will begin his resurrection spell. so they must be killed at the same time starting with the WHM.

Looks like people stun the meteor spell, and another from the king. Basically it's just surviving the mayhem, getting all the small moogles down at the same time, and finishing off the king in a DPS race before he brings them back.

Cmagus

Six Atma pieces half way there. The glamour system is nice and easy to use and I can finally hide all my ugly ass myth gear.

Anyone else pre-ordering 14 for the PS4 off of Amazon to get that wicked cool Moogle Hat?

Will the code work with the PC game as well? Or are there special codes that can only work for the console versions?

Torquill

No, you did not fix it. Asian MMOs go overboard with it, but western MMOs, particularly EQ, have had these kinds of things forever.
The Atma quest is very similar to the quest to unlock Vex Thal, the final dungeon in shadows of Luclin. Except there it was get a drop from " trashmob (rather than fates), the drop rate was waaaaaay lower than in xiv, and you were told nothing by the game except "find the 8-12 pieces of this medal". No idea which zones or trash mobs would drop it, or even that that was the way to get the pieces at all.

This is still grindier than anything in XIV to date, but is still pretty easy compared to things MMOs did in the past.

Also, no one is forcing you to get your Zodiac. There have never been more gearing options for weapons than there is for 95-110 weapon range.

Number45

Anyone else pre-ordering 14 for the PS4 off of Amazon to get that wicked cool Moogle Hat?

Will the code work with the PC game as well? Or are there special codes that can only work for the console versions?
I have no hat with my UK CE preorder. :(

Also, 1 separate code for each version of the game - PS3/4/PC.

Cmagus

The Zodiac thing really isn't that hard just time consuming. I farmed a few hours yesterday and managed 6. The whole reason for this is to bring population back to each of the areas as for awhile it was pretty empty and most fates weren't being touched. Its also a way to get people doing content centered around newer players so they aren't joining a game that is dead in the starting areas (our server starting areas were empty for awhile).

You can gather these in a week no problem and yes the FATEs are a little boring but honestly its much better than being given everything like previous stuff. The Zodiac is on going anyways so I really don't see the rush as the primal and coil weapons are more than good enough right now.

The Zodiac thing really isn't that hard just time consuming. I farmed a few hours yesterday and managed 6. The whole reason for this is to bring population back to each of the areas as for awhile it was pretty empty and most fates weren't being touched. Its also a way to get people doing content centered around newer players so they aren't joining a game that is dead in the starting areas (our server starting areas were empty for awhile).

You can gather these in a week no problem and yes the FATEs are a little boring but honestly its much better than being given everything like previous stuff. The Zodiac is on going anyways so I really don't see the rush as the primal and coil weapons are more than good enough right now.

Yeah. As it stands, this is something I don't need to have done by the end of the week to feel accomplished. It's not the grind that the 1.0 version was, but it's far more gated off than what was originally required of you to get your Relic and +1/Zenith it, which could be done in less than an hour.

Plus I'm just tickled watching people in full Allagan gear die on level 4 FATEs.

Jinko

No, you did not fix it. Asian MMOs go overboard with it, but western MMOs, particularly EQ, have had these kinds of things forever.

Hmm, but EQ is an old game now, players tastes have changed since then.

I guess the one good aspect is that we now have a excuse to level our chocobos.

Isaccard

The complaints about Atma grinding is surprising to be honest getting Atma is not even it's final form and that's the easy part.

Wait till you see what you have to do for the books. twice.

WolvenOne

The complaints about Atma grinding is surprising to be honest getting Atma is not even it's final form and that's the easy part.

Wait till you see what you have to do for the books. twice.

d07cf30398d4579f5cf34a09e1227eb6.png

THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FOOORM!!!

WolvenOne

Also, on the subject of higher end gear. I've been a little reluctant to switch away from my Dual Haken, because of the high Accuracy bonus stat it has. However, during my brief foray into T6, it didn't seem like anyone was missing hits. So for the first few turns at least, the Accuracy Cap doesn't appear to be any higher, and I'd wager it's only slightly higher overall even during the final turns.

So giving up Accuracy for Skill Speed, may actually be a good thing. Although the skill speed stat doesn't mean as much as I'd like, if the rest of the ilvl100 or 110 gear puts me well above the ACC cap, then I might as well have skillspeed on my weapon.

Zomba13

For those wanting Greg hard and extreme, notice that the portait for the duty has him in B&W. Now look at te normal, hard extreme portraits for any of the original primals.

I think it's a safe bet Greg will be returning. :)

Good. We need more Greg. He's a good chap.

WolvenOne

Dang, if we're expecting "two," scaled up versions of that fight, then GregEM is going to be nightmarishly difficult. XD

I mean, when you compare Gilgamesh story, to say, Titan or Ifrit story, and then look at how much THOSE fights scale up. XD

So 9 books (1500 myth each one) * 100 enemies = 900 enemies

Guess I'll only upgrade my Curtana. Sorry Gae Bolg. :(

TBH is way more time consuming than Atma, but at least you know you're making progress unlike Atma-kun-random-drops-of-hell.

Cmagus

Someone posted this online. These are not mine but its a better look at the process.

NaXLGCt.png

After getting your Atma pieces and upgrading your relic zenith into relic atma, you are sent to a merchant in toll who sells books for 1.5k Myth Tomes. These allow you to slowly upgrade your relic atma into potentially your relic animus. The books are divided into 4 of the stat attributes that are originally on your relic zenith. To fully maximize your relic animus, you sometimes have to buy more than 1 myth book. For example, there are 2 books I have to buy to fully maximize my vitality stat. You can only keep 1 book at a time.

CcrVPOP.png

n the book, there are multiple things you have to do to unlock the full potential of your weapon. A hunting log, killing certain enemies in a dungeon, doing FATEs, and even doing levequests, as shown. EDIT: The descriptions for the images are shown at the bottom of the menu when you highlight/click over them.

ufbWfUn.png

The monster hunting log will tell you to kill 100 monsters, 10 of 10 different types. Dungeons, FATEs, and Leves have 3 each that you have to complete.

qXZC9w2.png

WolvenOne

So 9 books (1500 myth each one) * 100 enemies = 900 enemies

Guess I'll only upgrade my Curtana. Sorry Gae Bolg. :(

TBH is way more time consuming than Atma, but at least you know you're making progress unlike Atma-kun-random-drops-of-hell.

This guarantee's that the Myth Tome Mats are going to be scarce for awhile. Unlike Philosophy Tomes, it's going to be borderline impossible for people to earn a real glut of Myth Tomes, until they're finished with their Atma/Animus chain.

That's good for anyone that's planning to take advantage of the market, of course. XD

Dunan

Nothing to do with Atma, but I'm happy to see them putting that Eorzen writing in the background, behind "Curtana Atma".

As far as I can tell, it's a reference to the Zodiac Braves (or perhaps the Twelve gods of the game's world):

"In an era long since ended
When chaos reigned o'er all the land
[...] take up the fight
[...] bring forth Light and cast out Dark
They numbered twelve [...]

They really should add some puzzles where you actually have to learn to read the alphabet that they made for the game. It would add some fun variety.

Zomba13

After 4 hours of FATES, only 1 atma to show. Not really much motivation to do these at the moment.

What!? A reskin of your Relic without the glow isn't motivation enough? Then how about a huge grind for +2 of a stat? What if we add in that to even start that grind for the added stat you need to pay 1500 myth? What if we then said you had to do that 9 times?

Is that motivation enough for you?

BadRNG

Also, on the subject of higher end gear. I've been a little reluctant to switch away from my Dual Haken, because of the high Accuracy bonus stat it has. However, during my brief foray into T6, it didn't seem like anyone was missing hits. So for the first few turns at least, the Accuracy Cap doesn't appear to be any higher, and I'd wager it's only slightly higher overall even during the final turns.
Rafflesia definitely has a higher cap than Twin. We had multiple people missing attacks last night who never miss in T5, including myself. Missing opening shield lob feels bad man.

The cap isn't that much higher though, as even though I was getting a miss here or there it wasn't common enough to be a real issue. Looking at logs over an entire lockout I only missed five times. I think we had Kagari using Rain of Death to keep the evasion debuff on boss though, which probably helped.

Cmagus

What!? A reskin of your Relic without the glow isn't motivation enough? Then how about a huge grind for +2 of a stat? What if we add in that to even start that grind for the added stat you need to pay 1500 myth? What if we then said you had to do that 9 times?

Each weapon needs the 12 Atma pieces each time lol. Best to pick the one class you're sure of and focus on that.

WolvenOne

Rafflesia definitely has a higher cap than Twin. We had multiple people missing attacks last night who never miss in T5, including myself. Missing opening shield lob feels bad man.

The cap isn't that much higher though, as even though I was getting a miss here or there it wasn't common enough to be a real issue. Looking at logs over an entire lockout I only missed five times. I think we had Kagari using Rain of Death to keep the evasion debuff on boss though, which probably helped.

Well hopefully it's fairy gradual, I'm rather tired of Specing out for ACC. XD

Anyhow, the Bravura Animus is likely just what I'll use to get me by while I buy the Soldiery armor and accessories. As a Tank armor is a higher priority, so I'll hold off on the Gerolt Forged Axe for now, even though the ilvl110 version has hecka nice stats!

If Soldiery Tomes weren't an issue, I'd probably go ahead and grab the GF axe and just finish the Bravura Animus in my spare time.

I read that entire post in Gabe Newells voice, and added a part about Hats.

WolvenOne

I hope they do because the low drop rate is killing any want for these right now.

Gonna stick with my original goal of 1 to 2 atma's per day. Got two yesterday in about an hour of Fating, so with any luck I'll be able to keep up that pace.

Armor is more important though, so I gotta go after Soldiery Tomes, and figure out Mog EM, so I can get that Fending ribbon.

Gotta gear up a little for T6. XD

Edit: I want to be able to one shot Twin first though. Although I managed that fight once before, it was a little rough around the edges. <_<;;

Aeana

At least there are multiple weapon paths for those who don't want to pursue the atmas to go after. I think that was a pretty good idea on SE's part.

At least there are multiple weapon paths for those who don't want to pursue the atmas to go after. I think that was a pretty good idea on SE's part.

Tis true...until I finish gearing up my characters, I figure I could just shoot for the Leviathan weapons in the meantime, those can tide me over until I start the grind for the Atmas

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Yeah, I think I will aim for the weathered weapon first... depending on how one gets that unknown allagan tomestone.

chrono01

I'm really not looking forward to upgrading my Relic.

I think I'll finish most of the other content and then begin. Hopefully by then they adjust the drop-rate. From what I've been reading, Atma isn't exactly easy to come by [depending].

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I think I'll finish most of the other content and then begin. Hopefully by then they adjust the drop-rate. From what I've been reading, Atma isn't exactly easy to come by [depending].

Easier to get an allagan weapon at this point lol.

If you wait, next patch will probably fix drop rates. Finishing the other content then starting would be the best course of action.

Paprikka

So I've read a few people say you just have to have a zenith equipped to farm atma crystals, it doesn't have to be the class with the relic you're upgrading. Anyone try this yet? Cause if true I'd probably drop 900 myth on a zenith artemis or gae bolg to make fate farming easier.

Jinko

So I've read a few people say you just have to have a zenith equipped to farm atma crystals, it doesn't have to be the class with the relic you're upgrading. Anyone try this yet? Cause if true I'd probably drop 900 myth on a zenith artemis or gae bolg to make fate farming easier.

Hmmm, I wonder, farming fates as sch is painful.

gryvan

I am not gonna risk spending 2 hours with another class zenith that may or may not be true on atma drops. I personally want confirmation before I do something like this.

Zomba13

What do people think of my planned next vanity?

MV20M7C.png

Current on the left, changing to the one on right.

Anyone got any suggestions on better shoes/gloves to make it look more Onion Knightish?

Also planning to make a Hildebrand character. Can't name him Hildebrand Manderville as it's too long. Hildebrand Mandervile isn't taken and is fine though >:D

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
2.2 info need, before i resub:
Is there anything new for crafting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom