• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

2.2 info need, before i resub:
Is there anything new for crafting?

Yep. I'll try not to ramble but they added Master level (3 star) recipes that you have to purchase with HQ 40 durability 2 star stuff you could already make but was kinda a pain (Vanya Silk ect). They also added mainhands for each job that are a huge improvement over the 50 quest ones that you purchase with items created through those new recipes. They are hard to earn, even with fully materia-d HQ AF n stuff.

They also added a fair amount of lower level stuff and new mats for them (find them in dungeons and treasure map chests n stuff), and some new "HQ" unspoiled nodes that you need to be geared out in to even get a 1% chance to gather in.

Taruranto

I swear, T4 loots are rigged.

2.2 info need, before i resub:
Is there anything new for crafting?

They added a bunch of end-game stuff that actually require a lot of preparation to craft... but they are completely useless. There are also no new accessories to craft.

FireVoa

So I'm currently stuck on the last part of my Atma Weapon quest. It's asking me to complete 3 Leves from specific npcs. The problem is when I visited each of them they didn't offer those Leves? Am I just screwed for the day till they change to the ones I need?

Aeana

So I'm currently stuck on the last part of my Atma Weapon quest. It's asking me to complete 3 Leves from specific npcs. The problem is when I visited each of them they didn't offer those Leves? Am I just screwed for the day till they change to the ones I need?
Just accept one of their leves and do it to reshuffle the list.

FireVoa

Just accept one of their leves and do it to reshuffle the list.

I grabbed two of the ones on the list (only two) and did both. When I finished both of the same Leve's were back to select from. This is all I need to finish my first Skyfire book and move on to my second :/

Taruranto

I bet all the new players are going to be so happy about all these 50 finishing their Fates in 5 seconds!

Luckily Yoshida treats its fanbase like they are his stockholders, so they'll probably hotfix this shiet for 2.2.5.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I bet all the new players are going to be so happy about all these 50 finishing their Fates in 5 seconds!

Luckily Yoshida treats its fanbase like they are his stockholders, so they'll probably hotfix this shiet for 2.2.5.
It is awesome.

Guys I hit 15 on my GLD and I'm too afraid to tank. Any tips for a new tank?

Ken

petrify op

iJ4F3MRXODZeg.png

God what is wrong with the instance servers? Sometimes I'm lag free other times it's atrocious. Usually at least 2-3 people in a group are laggy as fuck.

Good lord. Guess I should just work on Atma..

Also I was going to join the GAF FC, but I just found out that I am now leader of my FC because everyone left.... and I'd feel like a dick disbanding it, lol.

God what is wrong with the instance servers? Sometimes I'm lag free other times it's atrocious. Usually at least 2-3 people in a group are laggy as fuck.

Good lord. Guess I should just work on Atma..

Also I was going to join the GAF FC, but I just found out that I am now leader of my FC because everyone left.... and I'd feel like a dick disbanding it, lol.

Wasn't just you, the instance servers were downright awful, we were teleporting all over the place. It was really frustrating...I forsee more maintenance very soon.

Aeana

I grabbed two of the ones on the list (only two) and did both. When I finished both of the same Leve's were back to select from. This is all I need to finish my first Skyfire book and move on to my second :/
The leve lists reshuffle upon completion of any single leve, and this is a global thing (i.e., completing a leve at one NPC will refresh the leves of another). If they ended up being the same, that's probably just bad luck.

We need to hold an event at the house where everyone shows off their vanity outfits, Project Runway style. I know someone mentioned it in Mumble...

Jomjom

Banned
Is there any way to bring up the software keyboard on PC when using a controller (i.e. the really slow way of typing on PS3 when you don't have a real keyboard hooked up)?

I don't like to switch from controller to keyboard all the time to type, and I do very little typing anyway.

chrono01

Is it even worth farming Twin though when you could be practicing and trying to down Leviathan EX?
As mentioned, we still need to get Kagari her bow [we've spent enough time in there not to give up now!] and we weren't able to have a solid full raid night tonight with our groups, so we figured we'd do some Coil farming instead.

We'll be trying the new content again soon, probably as early as Monday [if everyone can make it], but honestly I'm still having a great time re-running the Turns in Coil. It's really enjoyable, at least, it is to me.

I grinded the FATEs in Central Thanalan for 4 hours and didn't get the Atma. The whole time I was there, people would randomly drop into the party, do like 2 FATEs, get their Atma, and leave.

Fuck this RNG, fuck this game, and fuck Squenix.

Last night coil runs were fun.

Finally getting T4 out of the way for me was such a relief as I've been hitting my head against that roadblock for a couple of weeks now.

T1, I was just getting into the groove again (different groups do the split different ways XD so the first time I ran the wrong way.. and then realized my tank was still at the front of the room) and though we didn't down T2, I did get to learn how to do the rot method which was an experience for me.

Looking forward to Tuesday though I can't help but feel nervous.

Taruranto

So Sand of Times confirmed for T7 drop? Kinda bananas, GL getting all equip to 110 with lockouts and while rolling against 7 other ppl. ._.

Ken

So Sand of Times confirmed for T7 drop? Kinda bananas, GL getting all equip to 110 with lockouts and while rolling against 7 other ppl. ._.

Yeah that's a bit...much.

Well whatever, as long as Weathered armor has the same color palette as the finished version I'll be okay.

Also grats Madchad.

At least it's not the fucking last turn like the healer Allagan stuff in the first coil.

The weathered stuff will have to do, and in the meantime I'll be leveling other jobs I guess.
A Grinding Reborn

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah that's a bit...much.

Well whatever, as long as Weathered armor has the same color palette as the finished version I'll be okay.

Also grats Madchad.
Yeah seems a bit extreme to gate that stuff to second coil + weekly lock out. Even with 6 months it'll probably be rare to see someone in all 110 gear now.

Aeana

Pretty exciting that ShinRa and Collision both seem to have downed turn 7 within a minute of each other. Both got the tomestone and oil, might drop every time?

MechaX

Yeah seems a bit extreme to gate that stuff to second coil + weekly lock out. Even with 6 months it'll probably be rare to see someone in all 110 gear now.

It's extreme, but I'm betting that they'll probably add in at least one more way to get them by the time 2.3 drops. Isn't that when the next CT expansion is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom