• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

The problem I've seen most often after running with many Garuda EX groups is MT died from double Wicked Wheel. This is 95% cause of the wipe. I never play tank so I don't know what to suggest but if MT can't live through that we're done. Another minor problem is some group just don't have enough DPS to kill the sisters fast enough during tornado phase.

Yeah, surviving that double Wicked Wheel basically requires your tanks to be on time with their cooldowns, the DPS not to be slacking so the Wicked Wheel happens at the right time, and the healers to be timing their Stoneskin/Adloq as well as keeping your tank topped off.

Personally, I like the Triangle method better as it removed double Wicked Wheel entirely from the fight. But not many people know how to do that method. :\

Ken

Gating weathered weapons and 110 armor in coil 2 makes no fucking sense to me. The whole point of the tome gear is people who can't do coil. GG square

Hm, I don't know. People are clearing T6 and T7 before they amass or even have any pieces of i100+ gear for it to matter. I guess it's tuned pretty well where full i110 players is pretty much stomp/farm Coil2 status, but anywhere between i90~i100 is fine for clearing, kind of like how the first Coil is. Of course, T9 might be the massive gear check but by then you should already have 3 turns down every week so then it's just a matter of time.

Also, people who "can't" do Coil probably don't need i110 pieces.

desu

Gating weathered weapons and 110 armor in coil 2 makes no fucking sense to me. The whole point of the tome gear is people who can't do coil. GG square

Makes perfectly sense to me. No more wellfare gear that is just as good as Coil gear (that you actually have to work for). Since only main stats matter in this game (except maybe acc for Coil) people that only bought myth gear had equal gear as raiders doing coil, that was always pretty weird (and for me, stupid).

Only thing that worries me is that you might only get on sand/oil etc each week for a total of 8 raiders (I'll need 6 in total for BiS). But I guess we will have to see how that turns out.

How long is the story quest to unlock Leviathan?

1-2,5h depending on how much you teleport and skip (cutscenes).

Teknoman

I guess I should hold out just a little longer with Diablo 3 until this lag gets sorted.

EDIT: Do we have official Levi lyrics yet?

Sorian

Banned

Coil is the hardest raid thus it gives the best gear, doing easy content for a few weeks really shouldn't give you the best gear as an "A for effort" type deal. I'm not entirely convinced that those working on this game aren't completely brain dead but this is actually a good thing.

If they can't do coil why would they need gear?

Gotta have my best gear without getting my hands dirty.

Taruranto

I don't have an issue with these things being in coil, but I DO have an issue with the fact you only get 1 of them per turn AND they are behind a lockout.

Ken

I don't have an issue with these things being in coil, but I DO have an issue with the fact you only get 1 of them per turn AND they are behind a lockout.

Eh, I don't think it's any secret that they want to draw out content as long as possible. Probably not the best way to go about it but what can you do.

Sorian

Banned

304.gif

If I posted a lightingdealwithit.gif would you ban me?

See you all on the other side :(

Edit: Also, excuse the poor quality, only one my work filter would let me pull up.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
im gonna try to get my first coil farm party tomorrow, my drg is ilvl80 now so it should be enough i guess :/

Best Vanity

And how are people maxing on soldiery tomes already?! I only have like 182

new dungeons give 45 and then with DR +25, i just did new dungeons alot basically. got me ilvl100 earrings from it :d id recommend brayflox hm for farming, easy/fast

i haven't played much since patch, still busy with DS2. does coil drop better gear now than the free armor you get for subscribing? if so that's good!

I am in the same boat, we can suffer together!

Okay ;_;

I would rather just not suffer instead. I'm thinking that if I'm in one zone grinding for Atmas and one doesn't drop relatively soonish, like within 30 minutes to 1 hour, it's probably more efficient to switch to another zone rather than bash your head against the RNG in the current zone.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay ;_;

I would rather just not suffer instead. I'm thinking that if I'm in one zone grinding for Atmas and one doesn't drop relatively soonish, like within 30 minutes to 1 hour, it's probably more efficient to switch to another zone rather than bash your head against the RNG in the current zone.

Honestly... I just find one FATE now that spawns often and camp it. Saves headache. I got two today using that method.

Sorian

Banned
Okay ;_;

That's what I've been doing, if the zone I'm in hits a lull where no FATEs are up, I just switch to somewhere else. I'm sure it all ends up being the same % chance anyway but why wait for FATes in one zone when you have a train of 10 ready in another.

Honestly... I just find one FATE now that spawns often and camp it. Saves headache. I got two today using that method.

This is a decent method too but not for me, if I just stayed in one spot I'd be even more annoyed at this whole process, at least moving around and finding efficient ways through the zone allows me to use a little thought to get rid of the monotony.

Instances are unplayable right now. The lag is actually bugging the game, I'm using my spells but they are not healing even though they are Galvanizing, if I click stuff like Diabolos doors I get locked on them while the fight keeps going and we taking damage, and now we just got stuck on a door's void for like 2 whole minutes, enough time for Diabolos to cast Ruinous Omen again and wipe us the moment we step out.

Sophia

Four-player dungeons are unplayable, but eight player ones seem to work fine. I've had no lag on Titan or Gilgamesh, but trying to do any of the new dungeons is a gamble with extremely poor odds. >_>;

Teknoman

Four-player dungeons are unplayable, but eight player ones seem to work fine. I've had no lag on Titan or Gilgamesh, but trying to do any of the new dungeons is a gamble with extremely poor odds. >_>;

So its an eight player battle or did you mean Garuda?

dark_chris

The problem I've seen most often after running with many Garuda EX groups is MT died from double Wicked Wheel. This is 95% cause of the wipe. I never play tank so I don't know what to suggest but if MT can't live through that we're done. Another minor problem is some group just don't have enough DPS to kill the sisters fast enough during tornado phase.

The thing is that for paladins, it's easy to survive it by just using sentinel right before double wicked wheel. It would just do at least 3.5k damage at most.

For wars I dunno.

Torquill

Wow, the elitism on this thread has really gone up a notch since I was last in here. "Welfare gear" is probably the most condescending thing I've seen come out of this community in a long time.

First of all, the fact if you can't run coil you don't need it is a flimsy argument. By that logic no end boss should ever drop gear cause if you've killed the end boss there's no reason you need more gear.

A major thing people seem to be overlooking is time investment required. If you have the skill to get coil on farm status you can get the top tier gear with minimal investment. In contrast to time gear which requires you to put in a lot more work in man hours over time to get the same thing. You get the gear sooner, and you have to put in less time (in the long run) to get geared out.

It seems redundant to me. If it was just tome gear gives 100 gear, fine. But why offer an upgrade path to 110 that requires doing the exact same thing as getting other 110 that already exists (actually more since you have the time cost paso coated with getting the 100 piece). I mean, I guess it let's you gear up that much faster if you're doing tomes too, but that was true when tomes just gave have the same level straight up.

I dunno, maybe it will make more sense to me once I've run the new coil a bit.

Ken

A major thing people seem to be overlooking is time investment required. If you have the skill to get coil on farm status you can get the top tier gear with minimal investment.

I don't think you're giving enough credit those types of players.

Torquill

I don't think you're giving enough credit those types of players.
Yeah, I didn't phrase that well. What I was trying to say was, if you can get coil on farm status it takes less time, overall, to get geared up. It takes great skill to be on farm status. The up front cost is certainly waaaay higher. But by the end of the gear cycle you have to spend TON less time overall.

Being that I'm a coil runner, I know full well the skill required.

Noi

Went to Aleport to do the Sahagin dailies, did two fates along the way and got the atma drop for that area. Legitimately feel bad for people who've been there for hours with no drop, but it's like I said earlier. I'm not gonna stress myself over those things, I'll just get 'em as they come rather than actively farm for them.

Alex

Wow, the elitism on this thread has really gone up a notch since I was last in here. "Welfare gear" is probably the most condescending thing I've seen come out of this community in a long time.

First of all, the fact if you can't run coil you don't need it is a flimsy argument. By that logic no end boss should ever drop gear cause if you've killed the end boss there's no reason you need more gear.

A major thing people seem to be overlooking is time investment required. If you have the skill to get coil on farm status you can get the top tier gear with minimal investment. In contrast to time gear which requires you to put in a lot more work in man hours over time to get the same thing. You get the gear sooner, and you have to put in less time (in the long run) to get geared out.

It seems redundant to me. If it was just tome gear gives 100 gear, fine. But why offer an upgrade path to 110 that requires doing the exact same thing as getting other 110 that already exists (actually more since you have the time cost paso coated with getting the 100 piece). I mean, I guess it let's you gear up that much faster if you're doing tomes too, but that was true when tomes just gave have the same level straight up.

I dunno, maybe it will make more sense to me once I've run the new coil a bit.

Your logic, to me, is a bit flawed. Once you start raiding this gear doesn't just shit itself out. I spent months in Coil back before it was ground down into a fine science and before the catch-up phase with 2.1 hit and I still didn't get several of the things I wanted. Half of our guild didn't get a Twintania weapon despite slaving over it for dozens upon dozens of hours across several months. This was of course after the weeks of learning attempts to even down it, going away empty handed each week.

No offense intended, but you don't seem like much of a progression raider. That you would be confused as to why people in progression content want multiple gear avenues and options plus completely foregoing the learning curve with an active tier and that the gear doesn't just materialize upon your wish is saying that to me.

Honestly, If that 110 gear is so easy to get though, I mean... feel free to walk into progression content and just pick it up! It's an example I'd like to learn from, that's for sure, instead of the five or six hours of wipes I've spent this week so far on T6. That's the part you seem to be foregoing in your time investment theory although I am not sure how 15 minute Brayflox runs once a day that offer zero resistance are a counter of some tall order that all of us are overlooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom