• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

Maybe the final CT expansion will be the best gear in the game instead of stopgap stuff since it's supposed to contain
the Allagan Empire's most hidden secret weapon
or something.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I grinded the FATEs in Central Thanalan for 4 hours and didn't get the Atma. The whole time I was there, people would randomly drop into the party, do like 2 FATEs, get their Atma, and leave.

Fuck this RNG, fuck this game, and fuck Squenix.

I am in the same boat, we can suffer together!

Sorian

Banned
Damn it SE. Part of my dream last night all of a sudden dumped me into atma farming (cause I didn't do enough of that when I was awake). I got about 5 atmas in almost no time at all but regardless of the zone I was in, I kept getting the same atma. Truly the worst nightmare someone could have.

Sorian

Banned
Titan Electrumshield

any one know what these are for yet ?

also got a mythril one from fates in outer la nos

I'm guessing they are the item needed to complete the daily beastmen FATE quests in the area. The patch notes said that you are now able to receive those items without having the quest active and as far as I've seen those shield things have only been dropping from FATEs that I had never seen before this patch.

Cmagus

Gonna take a break from Atma farming lol 8 hours total put into Central Thanalan and 4 in Middle La Noscea I'm just about burnt out on these things already. Sadly all the other content is dead because of these things and there is like nothing in PF but them. A friend of mine started their atma quest before I left for work last night as had 11 when I got home lol.

Sorian

Banned
3 strikes rule, don't fuck up.

I enjoyed that I saw a leviathan EM group in PF the other day and the note said: MUST have T5 down experience, anything less will result in kick from group.

Wut?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Congrats!

We picked a new tank for our static with no Turn 5 clear... And my main static is super rusty. It's rough waiting for everyone to get back up to speed. I wanna see new coil so bad..

The rust gets us all :eek:
You guys going to take him through T5 first?

gryvan

Anyone in GAF FC beat Leviathan Extreme yet?

Me and some people in FC went in. We got to 50% health on levi. Just need to get used to where he'll be spouting which direction. Other than that its not as hard as garuda ex and titan ex. Just have to watch out a lot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Me and some people in FC went in. We got to 50% health on levi. Just need to get used to where he'll be spouting which direction. Other than that its not as hard as garuda ex and titan ex. Just have to watch out a lot.

Garuda was always the easier one though...

BLCKATK

The rust gets us all :eek:
You guys going to take him through T5 first?

Yeah, we brought him in last night. Due to instance lag and people being rusty we spent a few hours wiping. Ah well, we'll get it eventually.

You guys go into the new coil yet? :O

Veldin

50% is when the fight actually starts though, like Titan. I think it's harder than any other primal actually, because Leviathan's dives and body slams have no pattern at all, you can't predict where they're coming from.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, we brought him in last night. Due to instance lag and people being rusty we spent a few hours wiping. Ah well, we'll get it eventually.

You guys go into the new coil yet? :O

Yeah, we went into T6 for a lockout... learned some things, got wrecked... went back to T5 to get some weapons lol.

It just seems like it's the 4 mans though, I haven't had a single hiccup in any 8 man since the patch.
Yep, seems to be the case. Had no issues in any 8mans or "CT".

It was really bad today/last night. I assume cause more people were hammering the servers. Actually wiped to the first boss of Pharos 3 times because the dog adds would not show up until data was sent... was seeing 3-4 dogs pop at once, lol. That coupled with random BLM glitches from lag like transpose and blizzard 3 not working... it sucked.

I think I even had glitches with Swiftcast working on 2-3 spells in a row, lol.

orion434

Got all of my Artisan Tool, and the Forager's Dolabra... just a couple of Fragrant logs left for Botanist. These lv 50*** Crafts are killer, think I have a strategy now :)

Had fun running some of the new stuff last night and getting my first i90 piece of equipment. I got one of those wireless PS3/PS4 Pulse Headsets and it makes the game sound so amazing.

Can't wait for the PS4 launch soon! And again, thanks to everyone for helping me along and teaching me tactics. I hope to be a useful member in future raids/dungeons/whatnot.

PS - the stream last night with me running Lost City with Avatar and Co, will that be archived anywhere? I'd love to see it!

Sorian

Banned
Can I drop the current one and start another?

Are we talking Atmas here? Atmas aren't quest related in any way. You can hold multiple of the same type and you need all 12 to transform a single weapon from zenith to zodiac. Which basically means you can work on multiple weapons at the same time if you'd like but some of us felt like blowing our brains out doing just the one so.....

Edit: Also, the only requirement for the atmas to drop is to be holding a zenith during the FATE and to have done the little intro quest so you could collect all of your Atmas on one class and just switch to a different class for the turn-in.

WolvenOne

Gonna try Levi and Levi Em when I get off work today.

Also, somebody mentioned having HM versions of CT when people go in with 24 person pre-made groups. Id support that, but the developers need to modify the party system to be able to handle groups larger than eight first.

This is the reason you can't do a pre-made group unless you game the system first.

Also, anyone want to guess what level of items will drop for the next floor of CT? Ilvl100 maybe?

Sorian

Banned
Gonna try Levi and Levi Em when I get off work today.

Also, somebody mentioned having HM versions of CT when people go in with 24 person pre-made groups. Id support that, but the developers need to modify the party system to be able to handle groups larger than eight first.

This is the reason you can't do a pre-made group unless you game the system first.

Also, anyone want to guess what level of items will drop for the next floor of CT? Ilvl100 maybe?

I think they want to keep CT as the "easy" raid content while coil is the "hard" raid content. And yes, next CT will certainly be ilvl100, CT will always be a stepping stone for those who can't get gear from coil to start being able to enter into that place. Coil comes out first so that the hardcore can really prove themselves without that handicap.

UrSuLeTzU

Quick question, can you do the atma fates for multiple relics at the same time? Or do you have to complete the quest first then start with another relic?

Are we talking Atmas here? Atmas aren't quest related in any way. You can hold multiple of the same type and you need all 12 to transform a single weapon from zenith to zodiac. Which basically means you can work on multiple weapons at the same time if you'd like but some of us felt like blowing our brains out doing just the one so.....

Edit: Also, the only requirement for the atmas to drop is to be holding a zenith during the FATE and to have done the little intro quest so you could collect all of your Atmas on one class and just switch to a different class for the turn-in.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Sophia

I'm gonna go cry. I just got 90k'd on the final boss of Brayflox while on the verge of getting three player commendations. ;_;

I'm in haukke hard and the lag is terrible. Everyone is jumping around. Has it been this bad since the patch?

Luckily you're in Haukke. I was in Brayfox and Halatali HM last night when it lagged as shit. It made everything Extreme.

PS, what to do with these GC Seals? I almost cap it already.

desu

Guess it's different for everyone, but I personally I think Garuda Ex is by far the easiest as the fight has no RNG and all you have to do is not kill the Spiny Plume.

As for Levi Ex, the fight isn't that exteme but a lot about execution, I would probably put at Titan Ex level (maybe a bit more forgiving with the falling down part). Took us a lot longer than I thought as we could have won it yesterday already but someone always got hit by shit and we kept having technical difficulties (5-10second freezes etc). Pretty fun fight though, I like it.

Guess it's different for everyone, but I personally I think Garuda Ex is by far the easiest as the fight has no RNG and all you have to do is not kill the Spiny Plume.

The problem I've seen most often after running with many Garuda EX groups is MT died from double Wicked Wheel. This is 95% cause of the wipe. I never play tank so I don't know what to suggest but if MT can't live through that we're done. Another minor problem is some group just don't have enough DPS to kill the sisters fast enough during tornado phase.

desu

The problem I've seen most often after running with many Garuda EX groups is MT died from double Wicked Wheel. This is 95% cause of the wipe. I never play tank so I don't know what to suggest but if MT can't live through that we're done. Another minor problem is some group just don't have enough DPS to kill the sisters fast enough during tornado phase.

Have to admit, I haven't done any Ex Primals on Duty/Party finder as my experience with Titan Hard has teached me to never even try that again. I am only playing with people from the FC which means stuff like that is just no problem. And I had enough people in my FC who joined "experienced farming parties" that kept wiping and wiping xD.

Torquill

Gating weathered weapons and 110 armor in coil 2 makes no fucking sense to me. The whole point of the tome gear is people who can't do coil. GG square

Alex

They need to have a cooldown ready for it, that's all there is to it. That and to not be a moron and get riddled with feathers beforehand. Too many PUG tanks come out of Feather Rain looking like Hellraiser.

When 2x Wicked Wheel comes depends on your DPS, it should just coincide with Downburst from Chirada, though. If you have no communication, then that's after Friction.

Gating weathered weapons and 110 armor in coil 2 makes no fucking sense to me. The whole point of the tome gear is people who can't do coil. GG square

Why doesn't it make sense? I think it's a pretty neat little system. Allows necessary gear variety at the top end, preserves tome gear for raiders and keeps people from getting a set of top end gear just from running low end content a few times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom