• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone in the FC do Turn 4 farms? I need a break from the disco light show. Or Turn 1 farms would be good too. Would love to save my myth for my WHM zenith and perhaps those zodiac books down the line.

FireVoa

Fuck this stupid Book of Skyfire 1 quest. At least with Atma grinding I felt in control that I was getting somewhere.... This bullshit LEVES section I cannot figure out wtf to do for the life of me. I already have enough for Book of Skyfire 2, so stupid.

Edit: Got two of them done. But in my absolute horror I changed my Grand Company and just learned I can't switch back to my previous one for 30 days. And to top it off the leve isn't even offered to my current low rank... What a day.

My confusion is why you would create multiple gear paths, and then run them through the same content.

This is the part that doesn't make as much sense to me.

Did they regret putting the myth gear in the game and that the allagan gear was not unquestionably superior in every case?

This seems like their attempt to correct that "imbalance".

You can get up to ilvl 100 armor (weathered tome-purchased armor) and an ilvl 100 weapon (atma/animus relic or leviathan weapon) without touching coil, but if you want the best ilvl 110 armor (115 weapon) you have to complete at least some turns of coil.

Will be interesting to see what they do with CT in 2.3.. will it drop ilvl 100 gear or will they create an ilvl 95 armor tier, making it slightly worse than the weathered version of the tome gear?

Perhaps it would be better if the sands of time were a guaranteed drop that X number dropped each time so that the people who didn't win coil gear drops could buy the weathered armor instead and upgrade it to the ilvl 110 version using the sand.

I wonder what the JP players think of the apparent 2.2 progression methods..

Fuck this stupid Book of Skyfire 1 quest. At least with Atma grinding I felt in control that I was getting somewhere.... This bullshit LEVES section I cannot figure out wtf to do for the life of me. I already have enough for Book of Skyfire 2, so stupid.

What is the problem you are having? Remember to check the grand company leves as well if they are available in the area the book indicates.

FireVoa

What is the problem you are having? Remember to check the grand company leves as well if they are available in the area the book indicates.

Made an edit but I goofed up without knowing it and my day just went completely sour. Now I need to spend an entire day just to get where I need to and finish Book 1.

Noi

So I noticed from the Calamity NPC, you can buy zenith relics but they even let me buy relics I don't even have...err what?

It's a weird glitch, but you can't actually buy those. It makes the sound effect as if the transaction went through, but you don't actually get charged anything or get the relic.

Ken

ik64RxYIOcp7W.png

If only I could be so grossly incandescent!

Nose Master

Garuda EX is making me want to quit. I've attempted that fight at least 300 times. Even with the echo, it doesn't make a difference. Half the group slowly learns the mechanics every time. And when they finally get it and it's going smoothly, someone d/cs or has a lag spike and wipes. No other fight in the game has been this frustrating. The other primals / BC and the like are hard, but they don't feel cheap. This does.

Stuart444

Almost had Garuda EX down today but then one tank rage quit. We would have had her down the next go assuming the OT didn't mess up on the Chirada section (like he did in the last go) during the tornado phase.

Honestly, I know tanks have the hardest job in Garuda EX but they also seem to be the ones to rage quit the quickest instead of sticking it out at least til max echo. It's as if they are 1. blaming everyone but themselves or 2. annoyed they have to do more work than usual.

Seriously, in most content, they seem to rage quit the quickest compared to other jobs (apart from maybe healers in pre-nerf Pharos, not been there since the nerf), annoying :/

kiryogi

Banned
Garuda EX is making me want to quit. I've attempted that fight at least 300 times. Even with the echo, it doesn't make a difference. Half the group slowly learns the mechanics every time. And when they finally get it and it's going smoothly, someone d/cs or has a lag spike and wipes. No other fight in the game has been this frustrating. The other primals / BC and the like are hard, but they don't feel cheap. This does.

The reality of the extremes is that Echo does squat, they're all very mechanic based.

Sophia

The reality of the extremes is that Echo does squat, they're all very mechanic based.

Yeah, that's the problem with the echo. It won't help a bad group get better, it just helps a potentially good group out by pushing them over the edge to a win. Maybe that was their intent. :\

Jinko

You get this will all MMOs though.

For me part the fun is learning the fight, when it starts to annoy you that other people are being stupid or just don't learn its time to find something else to do or get a different group.

I feel bad for anyone who wanted to cap soldiery through the new HMs before reset.

Why ?, I managed it yesterday and wasn't even trying.

Best way to help a bad group is removing the potential of being eliminated permanently from the fight.

Which defeats the purpose of Extreme primals lol

Sophia

Best way to help a bad group is removing the potential of being eliminated permanently from the fight.

Which defeats the purpose of Extreme primals lol

Best way to help a bad group is to not have noticeable gaps in your game's difficulty. Which is what the echo buff is certainly going to cause due to it's ineffectiveness on Extreme, and how much of a pushover it'll make Hard modes. >_>;

Can't say I have experienced much lag, but I am EU so maybe that's why.

The lag is unbelievably awful for any four-player content. Spells not going off, players jumping everywhere, 90k errors just for breathing...

Ken

Can't say I have experienced much lag, but I am EU so maybe that's why.

Ah, it's really bad on the NA side. Players warping around, disappearing and being unable to accept heals, skills dropping, and the delay when interacting with stuff like Diabolos doors is a nightmare.

Zomba13

Best way to help a bad group is to not have noticeable gaps in your game's difficulty. Which is what the echo buff is certainly going to cause due to it's ineffectiveness on Extreme, and how much of a pushover it'll make Hard modes. >_>;

The lag is unbelievably awful for any four-player content. Spells not going off, players jumping everywhere, 90k errors just for breathing...

Did a Lost City Amdapor run like an hour ago and it was fine. No lag. Did Moggle Mog last night too with no lag. Am in EU though if that matters.

I remember a few weeks after CT I had unbelievable lag in instances while no one else seemed to and it wasn't on my end. Went away after 2 weeks.

Sophia

Did a Lost City Amdapor run like an hour ago and it was fine. No lag. Did Moggle Mog last night too with no lag. Am in EU though if that matters.

I remember a few weeks after CT I had unbelievable lag in instances while no one else seemed to and it wasn't on my end. Went away after 2 weeks.

Moggle Mog is eight player content, and nothing eight player seems to be affected, at least as far as I can tell. Doesn't seem like the EU servers are getting hit as bad for four player content. I'll try a dungeon in a bit and see...

Zomba13

manderville2wzjcu.gif

I'm a Mander-Mander-Manderville man
Doing what only a Manderville can
From the peaks of Coerthas to Thanalan
Mander-Mander-Manderville man...

Stuart444

I'm EU as well (on american server) and it is awful. It also seems to be random. some lag is worse than others so if you get no lag, think yourself really lucky.

Also yeah only 4-man stuff is effected

edit: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...creens-when-transitioning-to-a-new-area/page7 - quite a few getting lag on different servers

Stuart444

I haven't done it yet, but I can see this card filling out quite nicely.

I got the middle one. Went to help out Tiduz with a fate near Aleport... got the Atma straight away. First Fate, just because I wanted to help out someone.

Felt good maaaan, I usually have terrible luck with RNG lol

Aeana

I haven't done it yet, but I can see this card filling out quite nicely.
I dunno why half of this stuff matters to people. "Accidentally hit a non-FATE target"? So what? "Low level newb following party"? I'd say that's a good thing. Let them take advantage of this while it lasts.

Sorian

Banned
I dunno why half of this stuff matters to people. "Accidentally hit a non-FATE target"? So what? "Low level newb following party"? I'd say that's a good thing. Let them take advantage of this while it lasts.

It's just a fun little parody to help us with this mindless situation. It doesn't need to matter, it's just something to do.

Aeana

It's just a fun little parody to help us with this mindless situation. It doesn't need to matter, it's just something to do.
Typically when people make these bingo cards, it's a bunch of annoyances people have. Like everything listed in the CT bingo card can be viewed as a negative.

Typically when people make these bingo cards, it's a bunch of annoyances people have. Like everything listed in the CT bingo card can be viewed as a negative.
Hitting a non FATE mob is definitely a peeve of mine. I groan every time even if it means nothing.

It made me laugh. I don't see the point of nitpicking a joke so heavily anyway.

Sorian

Banned

Well, to be fair, the non-FATE target one is annoying sometimes since there are some places where the mobs around the FATE outlevel the FATE itself by about 10 levels which means they are also outleveling my level synced self as well. I've had to un-sync to prevent myself from dying and nuke the thing I hit by accident from orbit before switching my level back down.

Sophia

Well, if others in my guild were playing that bingo card, they would have gotten the center square now. >_>;

I just got another one within 30 minutes of logging on.

Item Box

http://abload.de/img/manderville2wzjcu.gif[IMG]

I'm a Mander-Mander-Manderville man
Doing what only a Manderville can
From the peaks of Coerthas to Thanalan
Mander-Mander-Manderville man...[/QUOTE]
I remember seeing that group horribly out of sync this morning, so congrats to them. getting that shit done must have been harder than coil

[quote="Khatoz, post: 106307390"]Did Bray for the first time yesterday and the lag was so bad I could only pull 2-3 groups at the same time.. the horror D:[/QUOTE]

tag quoting you would be too easy.

MechaX

Okay, for some reason, getting my first Atma took like 30 minutes. My attempt to get the second took almost two hours with no success.

And at that point, I realized that I'm essentially going through Fates I already grinded a bazillion times and my only rewards are company seals (which I already am capped on), and maybe 90 gil a pop. I am literally wasting my day off bashing my head against a RNG for absolutely no reward.

... These Zodiac Weapons better be the holy fucking grail when they get fully upgraded.

Sorian

Banned
Okay, for some reason, getting my first Atma took like 30 minutes. My attempt to get the second took almost two hours with no success.

And at that point, I realized that I'm essentially going through Fates I already grinded a bazillion times and my only rewards are company seals (which I already am capped on), and maybe 90 gil a pop. I am literally wasting my day off bashing my head against a RNG for absolutely no reward.

... These Zodiac Weapons better be the holy fucking grail when they get fully upgraded.

Go spend your company seal then. Shit, buy some animal fat and sell it on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom