• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

The original theme for Uldah would be pretty out of place with the new music. Limsa and Gridania's old themes would be fine, however.

Sorian

Banned
Or that. I don't believe it would sound "gross" though. Give some pause in between themes like it does now before it recycles.

I don't know, these sound too different to me that just a short pause could feel like a proper switch. A zone change would be the more appealing reason to switch themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oquox8Wnag4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZBlNmqRLfc

The original theme for Uldah would be pretty out of place with the new music. Limsa and Gridania's old themes would be fine, however.

This is true though, I'm just thinking old Ul'dah theme because that is what I've heard most recently.

Jayhawk

Atma farming is allowing me to bust out old armor, so I can save on repairs. WIth most of the zones, crappy gear won't matter for your effectiveness in the FATEs and level sync.

kaioshade

7 hours, no atmas to show for it. Yes I have the zenith equipped.

If they make this required to be competitive for progression next patch, I think I'll end up quitting the game.

I am almost ready to quit after running coil for months and getting not a single bard piece.

Sophia

patch 2.2 turning hope to despair

I think my only honest complaint with this patch is how easy Leviathan "hard" mode is.

Although, letting us farm Atmas with any class, providing we have a Zenith weapon on our possession, would be nice.

Wow, philo materials price amusingly crashed lol Coke was 7K last night today is 2k. Lime Sulpher was 5K today is 3K lol It will worth basically nothing in the near future. Thanks a lot Atma FATE grinding.

Sorian

Banned
Wow, philo materials price amusingly crashed lol Coke was 7K last night today is 2k. Lime Sulpher was 5K today is 3K lol It will worth basically nothing in the near future. Thanks a lot Atma FATE grinding.

You mean the price spiked and is now going back to nothing? They already were basically worth zilch.

Aeana

Working through the last phase of turn 6, had to cut the raid short. Pretty close, I think we'll get it Tuesday. It's a pretty neat fight.

I kinda wanted the cashmere, mainly for vanity but I don't think anyone in our guild is able to craft it yet. When that does happen, I will get something made. I am in no rush to start my zodiac quest yet. Would rather farm Leviathan EM for weapons instead.

Cmagus

So crafting at odds with Atmas. . .Cashmere Pieces alone take 1500 myth. . . Kinda like those Animus books. . . LOL

Such ridiculous numbers lol I will never finish my Atma because I know I won't make it through all books farming that many tomes I'm already tired of the dungeons in the game as it is. CT seems fast but my god CT has become people trying to troll each other on like every run I couldn't make it through 4 runs of that today because people were just there to ruin the run. I'm thinking of just doing my dailies and roulette until I have enough I dunno there doesn't seem to be many people doing content right now other than atma stuff.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
newbow.png

Finally!

aceface

Just started doing coil when the patch was released and I've been pugging turn one and two the past two nights for loot. Never yet have I seen as many grumpy uptight people in this game as I have in these coil parties. Is this what RNG does to people?

Sophia

Just started doing coil when the patch was released and I've been pugging turn one and two the past two nights for loot. Never yet have I seen as many grumpy uptight people in this game as I have in these coil parties. Is this what RNG does to people?

Some people have no patience or tolerance for others. It's a good virtue to have in an MMORPG, but you see so many people without it. >.<;

Aeana

11/12 atma. I was hoping to finish today, but I didn't have as much time as I thought. Should get it done tomorrow.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I still haven't started ATMA farming, too busy making ungodly gil off people

Holy Hell has this patch been blessed for me

Since 2.2 dropped, I have made roughly 1 mil selling all my crafted materials + crystals
At one time, my fire crystals were selling faster than I was stocking them...

Been lucky with Treasure Maps, and got 3 Mariner Cloths to drop, they sell for a ridiculous amount now...
I put it up for 70,000 gil in the morning with 6 on the MB before *they were 45-55k), so I said fuck it, 150,000 gil for shits n' giggles, come back, 2 of the 3 I sell @ that price... WTF!

Now I'm just being greedy and priced it @350,000, cause it's the only one on the market board

Those cloths are special at the moment...

I still haven't started ATMA farming, too busy making ungodly gil off people

Holy Hell has this patch been blessed for me

Since 2.2 dropped, I have made roughly 1 mil selling all my crafted materials + crystals
At one time, my fire crystals were selling faster than I was stocking them...

Been lucky with Treasure Maps, and got 3 Mariner Cloths to drop, they sell for a ridiculous amount now...
I put it up for 70,000 gil in the morning with 6 on the MB before *they were 45-55k), so I said fuck it, 150,000 gil for shits n' giggles, come back, 2 of the 3 I sell @ that price... WTF!

Now I'm just being greedy and priced it @350,000, cause it's the only one on the market board

Those cloths are special at the moment...

Man I ran some boarskins and all I got were swan feathers =(.

Did get my Atma with +2 vit so far though

Stuart444

Such ridiculous numbers lol I will never finish my Atma because I know I won't make it through all books farming that many tomes I'm already tired of the dungeons in the game as it is. CT seems fast but my god CT has become people trying to troll each other on like every run I couldn't make it through 4 runs of that today because people were just there to ruin the run. I'm thinking of just doing my dailies and roulette until I have enough I dunno there doesn't seem to be many people doing content right now other than atma stuff.

That's been my luck with CT recently since the patch. No loot lockout means the trolls are out in force. Never before have I wiped so much on either KB or Bone Dragon before 2.2 came along. I've had 2 successful completions out of many attempts at CT since 2.2 came out.

Yup, you'll get a lot of that sadly :/. Hell I had a T2 enrage farm the other day where a monk rage quit after 1 wipe that was caused by an accident. Funny thing is, the guy who raged quit is also the guy who died first so he most likely was the one who got hit before enrage even started. (I wasn't paying attention to his health much til I saw he was dead lol).

Some people in this game really don't have patience and/or they blame everyone but themselves.

There is quite a few nice players out there doing Coil and that but you'll see many more arseholes who love playing the blame game or who rage quit while the group is still trying to 'get used' to each other,

Mupod

I generally don't mind grinding for stuff but I find fates super boring and always have. So I'm just gonna focus on learning Leviathan. I could also use a helmet from Twintania but the strategies my group used for my role were super-specific and I dunno if I have the patience to re-learn that fight again. I guess I could just MT instead.

PVP seems super dead nowadays, a couple months ago it was already slowing down but tonight I couldn't even get a queue to pop. Not that it was ever particularly good, but I'm pretty close to rank 20 and I want to get that at least.

Try to join a static group, even if you have to be a reserve member. The endgame community is rather rude and mean. I do my best not to bother with them outside of the FC. I have had enough grief to last awhile.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I generally don't mind grinding for stuff but I find fates super boring and always have. So I'm just gonna focus on learning Leviathan. I could also use a helmet from Twintania but the strategies my group used for my role were super-specific and I dunno if I have the patience to re-learn that fight again. I guess I could just MT instead.

PVP seems super dead nowadays, a couple months ago it was already slowing down but tonight I couldn't even get a queue to pop. Not that it was ever particularly good, but I'm pretty close to rank 20 and I want to get that at least.

Pretty much why I am only doing them now when there is nothing else to do/I can look at things on my other monitor.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If you guys see a Caden Tia waving to <GAF> members on Ultros, I'm just saying hi. Running around on an alt for fun.=)

Hellers

Level 41 white mage on my first run through. Loving it. Discovered my cheap laptop will run the game at 7fps which turns out to be enough for work lunchbreak fishing :)

I need some crafting advice. What's the best way to get focused on crafting? It all seems so big and interconnected. I think "I'll level weaving" and then discover all the stuff I need from other crafts to do it and think "Well just a little bit from these others and then back to weaving" and the circle continues FOREVER.

So give me tips. How do I level my crafts? What do I focus on? Do I use my leve allowances? Everything is pretty low level at the moment (As in less than 15)

Sophia

Use your Leves for crafting. Try to make the quality as high as possible because the higher the quality, the more experience you get. Plus you have a better chance of getting a high quality version of the item, and turning those in for Leves = even more experience.

The guild venders have materials up to level 15 or so.

WolvenOne

Man, Turn 6 really requires you to think on your feet.

Adjusting position every time the barb configuration changes, really requires you to keep tabs on the situation carefully, and making decisions swiftly.

Getting used to it, but dang! XD

Hellers

Use your Leves for crafting. Try to make the quality as high as possible because the higher the quality, the more experience you get. Plus you have a better chance of getting a high quality version of the item, and turning those in for Leves = even more experience.

The guild venders have materials up to level 15 or so.

Thanks. Might take a stab at it again at some point.

Tash

6 hours and not a single Atma while guildies got all 12 in 12 hours..this RNG is effing BS. I don't mind grinding mindlessly but not like this..

Munba

Hope they make Greg Battle EX soon. That was so brilliant ahah.

They should use Mini spell to make some content about it too.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
6 hours and not a single Atma while guildies got all 12 in 12 hours..this RNG is effing BS. I don't mind grinding mindlessly but not like this..

I agree and it isn't something that should be defended. I don't mind the grind of the book stuff but the first part should NOT be reliant on RNG and boring FATEs.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I agree and it isn't something that should be defended. I don't mind the grind of the book stuff but the first part should NOT be reliant on RNG and boring FATEs.

FATEs appear to be XIV's crutch for content. So many things rely on FATEs to unlock events, quests and more. It's really quite annoying.

Sophia

FATEs themselves wouldn't be that bad if they scaled properly. But they all scale like shit. Every FATE either takes too long, or doesn't last long enough, for the amount of players doing it.

As for the Atma drops themselves.... they should take a page from World of Warcraft's book. Any time you don't get a drop, increase the chance next time until it's close to guaranteed.

That, and let us farm them as long as we have a Zenith in our bags. I'd love to be giving all this wasted XP to my Scholar/Summoner....

Tash

FATEs themselves wouldn't be that bad if they scaled properly. But they all scale like shit. Every FATE either takes too long, or doesn't last long enough, for the amount of players doing it.

As for the Atma drops themselves.... they should take a page from World of Warcraft's book. Any time you don't get a drop, increase the chance next time until it's close to guaranteed.

That, and let us farm them as long as we have a Zenith in our bags. I'd love to be giving all this wasted XP to my Scholar/Summoner....

exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom