• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I duno if this is real or not but ...

ffxiv_03302014_053000_zpsa213fec7.jpg

seriously ?

They are picking them off dead players.

Schuhu

Neo Member
The damage in the Lost city of amdapor seems pretty high especially the last groups before Diabolos. I had to pop everything and my whitemage was oom afterwards with ilvl88 nonetheless

Ken

The damage in the Lost city of amdapor seems pretty high especially the last groups before Diabolos. I had to pop everything and my whitemage was oom afterwards with ilvl88 nonetheless

you can pick the mobs up in 2 separate groups

I am pretty sure the tank can drag some of those mobs away. I hate it when they try to pull everything there. Well I hate it as a healer, I tolerate it as dps.

I am pretty sure the tank can drag some of those mobs away. I hate it when they try to pull everything there. Well I hate it as a healer, I tolerate it as dps.
You can pull the Eyes away but they're the ones that do the most damage, not Baalzephon lol

They do like 4k per rotation.

How active is the GAF FC on Ragnorak? I joined a FC last week but it is always pretty quiet and not much going on. It has over 200 members but seems like most haven't logged in for a long time, so just wondering what the GAF FC was like.

wow seems a lot of ppl are having trouble getting their Atma. I guess I was lucky as I already have bow and finished first book. Already farming myth to buy 2nd

I haven't started Atma farming yet, but that will be the thing that I do when I don't have anything else to do. I don't mind the grind but there are more interesting things for me to do right now.

Oddly enough, farming the old Coil was some of the most fun I have had with the patch so far. It' s fun grouping up with people outside of your static. I'm always down for more anytime!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oddly enough, farming the old Coil was some of the most fun I have had with the patch so far. It' s fun grouping up with people outside of your static. I'm always down for more anytime!

Yeah, Coil is great. Being able to go in as much as possible is something I've been wanting to do for a while and now that the lockout is gone, bringing in other people to get gear they've been wanting is a good way to have fun/pass the time.

frequency

I'm not following this retainer talk at all. What's going on?

The new Venture system. You give your retainer a class and send them out to collect things. Sometimes they come back with a fish, sometimes a roof, and apparently sometimes primal weapons.

I thought it was mostly materials and pets and other such things. It feels a bit more scummy to me charge real money for extra retainers when they can bring back high level equipment.

Number45

The new Venture system. You give your retainer a class and send them out to collect things. Sometimes they come back with a fish, sometimes a roof, and apparently sometimes primal weapons.

I thought it was mostly materials and pets and other such things. It feels a bit more scummy to me charge real money for extra retainers when they can bring back high level equipment.
Oh, I thought the talk of them stealing things from others was real. :p

frequency

Oh, I thought the talk of them stealing things from others was real. :p

Oh! That's just funny to think about.

You send your retainer out to explore and they come back with a bench...? I can only imagine they saw a bench somewhere and decided to just pick it up and bring it back to me!

On the official forums everyone's name and avatar has changed to Naoki Yoshida, guess April Fools has arrived in Japan lol

Edit - oh god I an afraid to login to FFXIV now incase I get some awesome drop only to be told April Fools.

IMBored

I think the real question is, if those retainers are powerful enough to get primal weapons, why don't they get a better job.

frequency

On the official forums everyone's name and avatar has changed to Naoki Yoshida, guess April Fools has arrived in Japan lol

Edit - oh god I an afraid to login to FFXIV now incase I get some awesome drop only to be told April Fools.

Yes, just after midnight April 1.

I think the real question is, if those retainers are powerful enough to get primal weapons, why don't they get a better job.

I imagine they're just sneaking into people's houses and stealing it from them while they sleep. They have no problem bringing me back a roof from some unfortunate FC's house!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd have to check, but those pictures, I see white text behind the item name. Does that say something like "item found" or, is it what they really came back with and this is all a bunch of photoshopping?

The retainers are actually the thieves guild of ffxiv :)

Yes I am begining to suspect this, retainers coming back with roof's, primal weapons and other crazy things with only an explanation of they found it to looks dodgy to me. I bet when you send them on their Ventures they just go to the nearest FC housing area and start borrowing your stuff. Seriously change your permissions on housing before someone's retainer comes and steals your stuff!!!

Well, I'm starting to get to the point of no return.

After running this entire game using Duty Finder, I'm finally at Garuda Extreme, which means I have about 4 more instances left before I actually have to start looking for a FC. I should have the right to run the hardest instance in the game with complete strangers in a suboptimal party. Party Finder is just cheating, because the eventual party structure is inherently biased towards progress.

Better start filing that GAF FC request, sigh.

On an actual serious note, I'm not a fan of spamming Aero for five hours for a chance of getting a single component for the weapon upgrade.

Ala Alba

On an actual serious note, I'm not a fan of spamming Aero for five hours for a chance of getting a single component for the weapon upgrade.

Better than repeatedly trying to cast Blizzard/Fire, only for it to fail because the mob has already died.

I am actually starting to avoid any FATEs lower than level 7.

aceface

Yeah, Coil is great. Being able to go in as much as possible is something I've been wanting to do for a while and now that the lockout is gone, bringing in other people to get gear they've been wanting is a good way to have fun/pass the time.

The issue I'm having is people get upset when you don't do things -exactly- the same way as their static did. And god forbid there be a wipe in Turn 1 or 2, it's a black mark on their reputation as a gamer! Never mind that we'll clear things up and beat it the next run, 5 minutes of their precious time was wasted.

Stuart444

The issue I'm having is people get upset when you don't do things -exactly- the same way as their static did. And god forbid there be a wipe in Turn 1 or 2, it's a black mark on their reputation as a gamer! Never mind that we'll clear things up and beat it the next run, 5 minutes of their precious time was wasted.

Yup, that's what some people are like. They think everyone did it the same way they did it.

It's quite funny actually. In a sad sort of way.

frequency

Better than repeatedly trying to cast Blizzard/Fire, only for it to fail because the mob has already died.

I am actually starting to avoid any FATEs lower than level 7.

Just spam Blizzard II. You don't even need to target anything.

Edit: Oh right. That spell is level 12.

Tamanon

Banned
So I've been an avid WoW player for years. Played some Final Fantasy XI early on, and Everquest before that.

Thinking of diving into this game since I have a little extra free time right now. Is it still good to jump in this late?

Also, I like to solo while leveling for the most part. It seems this is more friendly to soloing than FFXI, is that the right impression?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
50pld and 50drg now. Only been playing for like a month now... I need to finish this story to do more cool things I guess before leveling more stuff lol.

Yup, that's what some people are like. They think everyone did it the same way they did it.

It's quite funny actually. In a sad sort of way.

Had a co-tank in Turn 1 the other day who was very patronising and condescending because I didn't follow his strategy, which I was apparently supposed to know because "it's always done that way". God forbid he say anything before pulling.

Anyway, he died and lost aggro pretty consistently, so I didn't get too het up about it, but I quit the group after we eventually scraped through a win. Naturally he got the loot. :(

Honestly, I think the only thing that damages my enthusiasm for the game is that many of the players are like this, and it's a huge disincentive to branching out or working on content you don't have down pat yet. I've been branching out into tanking a lot lately, and even though I want to get better and practice, it's tough finding opportunities to do so. I kind of wish there were a Street Fighter-style training room so that I can have full experience of a fight before learning to actually do it, since at the moment I don't seem to have much choice outside of cajoling my static in the FC to help.

Number45

So I've been an avid WoW player for years. Played some Final Fantasy XI early on, and Everquest before that.

Thinking of diving into this game since I have a little extra free time right now. Is it still good to jump in this late?

Also, I like to solo while leveling for the most part. It seems this is more friendly to soloing than FFXI, is that the right impression?
I can't comment on a comparison with FFXI, but the game is VERY solo friendly (at least up until where I am now, which is 34). You will have to group up for some of the story based dungeons and fights (there's a duty finder, so no hassle really), but that's pretty much it in terms of required grouping.

WolvenOne

Did they add any Tome rewards for T3? If the Tome reward was the same as T2 or T4, that'd actually be a pretty decent place to grind Myth/Soldiery.

Edit: Also, does it make any difference what class you assign your Retainer?

Madchad

Did they add any Tome rewards for T3? If the Tome reward was the same as T2 or T4, that'd actually be a pretty decent place to grind Myth/Soldiery.

Can do turn 4 very fast with a decent set of people, can also do turn 5 in about 8mins with solo tank setup and no one screwing up the pluss side being you get items from these.

There are so many pugs doing turn 2 enrage still its funny. Now the para can be removed all people need to do is set a stack point and go in 1 at a time when rot has like 5 seconds left then stay as a stack and rot wont even be something to worry about.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Most decent players are either mostly through with Coil right now, or aren't pugging.

I've tried T4 a few times since 2.2 started, and most groups were, with all fairness, pretty bad. :\
I shudder to think how T4 pugs will go now. I've pugged T1 a few times since 2.2 hit, and they've been the messiest clears I've ever had from there. Far, far worse than 2.1 T1 pugs, and tons of people talking like they know more than they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom