• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Its not the final upgrade though right? I'm thinking its something like having the weapon stripped down (like the first relics) and then an actual transformation.

Animus is as far as we can take it for 2.2 apparently.
Whatever comes next won't be there will SE decides.
The real take away is that the relic the grind isn't over, it's never over.

chrono01

Congrats!

It's unfortunate that I had to miss you obtain it [and Kawazi getting his weapon], but perhaps the fact that they were dropped in my absence means I was cursing you all with it not dropping. Regardless, I am relieved! I was beginning to think that it would never drop...

It's kind of sad that we're done with Turn 5, though. I honestly enjoy it quite a bit.

WolvenOne

Animus is as far as we can take it for 2.2 apparently.
Whatever comes next won't be there will SE decides.
The real take away is that the relic the grind isn't over, it's never over.

I had heard that they were going to add more steps in the upgrade process in 2.25, which makes sense if it's true. Presumably that'd give the weapons an ilvl of 110, which would make them a decent alternative to players that couldn't luck out on the drops they'd need in Coil 2 to get the GF weapons upto 110.

Seeing as they're recycling content for this quest, getting the next step in 2.25 is probably quite plausible. My guess is that for whatever reason the full quest just wasn't quite finished for 2.2.

studyguy

I had heard that they were going to add more steps in the upgrade process in 2.25, which makes sense if it's true. Presumably that'd give the weapons an ilvl of 110, which would make them a decent alternative to players that couldn't luck out on the drops they'd need in Coil 2 to get the GF weapons upto 110.

Seeing as they're recycling content for this quest, getting the next step in 2.25 is probably quite plausible. My guess is that for whatever reason the full quest just wasn't quite finished for 2.2.

12 more Atma!
Now you grind dungeons for the Atma and it drops with the same % rate.
Please look forward to it!

studyguy

Oh, also can we talk about lizard people and thieves/ninjas.
YoshiP actually listened to my vote way back in 1.0's player poll...

Thank god, forget the vieras.
Also those NPCs in green and brown were super telling at the end of it.

Zomba13

Oh, also can we talk about lizard people and thieves/ninjas.
YoshiP actually listened to my vote way back in 1.0's player poll...

Thank god, forget the vieras.
Also those NPCs in green and brown were super telling at the end of it.

Yeah. Next class will definitely be Thief then into Ninja (or Ninja branching off GLA).

Jomjom

Banned
Doesn't make a difference though partying will make you feel like shit when you cycle through several party loads of players before you get yours.

Damn that sounds horrible. =(

In general, are the FATES up long enough for solo people to get a gold medal on them? Do you even have to get gold to have a chance at the Atma drop?

Fate grinding won't be so bad since I need like 700 more for my PS3 trophy anyway as I never did much Fate grinding for leveling.

studyguy

Yeah. Next class will definitely be Thief then into Ninja (or Ninja branching off GLA).

I get the feeling it's simply going to be something like Scout leading into Ninja from the Doma teachings & maybe Thief from the native Limsans that may have taught Thancred. The fact that they get their own stance and already have canned animations makes me think it's a full class with job offshoots.

If nothing else, I'd imagine that the Doma teachings will lead to offshoots for other Jobs (Samurai, etc), but Nin will come specifically from whatever class uses the dual wielding daggers. Also I wonder if we'll literally give them the 'Daggers' that are currently classified as swords for GLD.

Seems like a lot of work to add in a whole other set of weapons when a lot of the daggers would probably be suitable.

Taruranto

Damn that sounds horrible. =(

In general, are the FATES up long enough for solo people to get a gold medal on them? Do you even have to get gold to have a chance at the Atma drop?

Fate grinding won't be so bad since I need like 700 more for my PS3 trophy anyway as I never did much Fate grinding for leveling.

Bronze is enough, I once got 1 atma while dealing 2 attack on a mob before he died.

Sorian

Banned
Bronze is enough, I once got 1 atma while dealing 2 attack on a mob before he died.

My last atma was in my inventory when getting back in from a 90k error. I probably had a bronze on it as well.

This is amazing news. Time to go solo, kill a mob or two and run to the next FATE.

Tag quote, be careful though, who knows maybe you have to be in range of the fate to get your atma.

Taruranto

Man, I'm starting to think there is some "trick" regarding changing zones and Atma.

Have been grinding in Outer la Noscea for a while, then I switch to another area because I'm tired and I get 2 different atmas in a row basically. Same thing happened with central thanalan.

Sorian

Banned
Man, I'm starting to think there is some "trick" regarding changing zones and Atma.

Have been grinding in Outer la Noscea for a while, then I switch to another area because I'm tired and I get 2 different atmas in a row basically. Same thing happened with central thanalan.

Maybe, I never stayed in the same zone for more than an hour and I'm done. The second there were no FATEs up in a zone then I was immediately porting somewhere else.

Tabris

Tag quote, be careful though, who knows maybe you have to be in range of the fate to get your atma.

I know you don't as I got an ATMA while completing another FATE.

Also tag quote? Why? If FATE's weren't packed already, it would be a dick move, but honestly, need FATE's to last longer right now. I know I've run to a FATE so many times for it to be done in a minute by a huge set of PT's.

studyguy

Literally died to the Ceplaplos or whatever boss last night while the shadow orb tried to activate. I just stood there stuck for minutes while the boss wrecked the team.

Sorian

Banned
I know you don't as I got an ATMA while completing another FATE.

Also tag quote? Why? If FATE's weren't packed already, it would be a dick move, but honestly, need FATE's to last longer right now. I know I've run to a FATE so many times for it to be done in a minute by a huge set of PT's.

The system works best when everyone is at the same FATE at the same time, then the whole group moves to the next and so on. One person peeling away and working at other FATEs isn't so bad but when multiple people think they are the only one then FATEs start dropping when people haven't gotten in them.

studyguy

The system works best when everyone is at the same FATE at the same time, then the whole group moves to the next and so on. One person peeling away and working at other FATEs isn't so bad but when multiple people think they are the only one then FATEs start dropping when people haven't gotten in them.

I did the worst thing last night.
Didn't realize I had firm hate on the boss monster and peeled off when another FATE spawned. I guess the boss went invincible after he left the area trying to get me so everyone ended up failing. Didn't even notice till I was gone and everyone in the area was shouting. Whoops.

Sorian

Banned
I did the worst thing last night.
Didn't realize I had firm hate on the boss monster and peeled off when another FATE spawned. I guess the boss went invincible after he left the area trying to get me so everyone ended up failing. Didn't even notice till I was gone and everyone in the area was shouting. Whoops.

#partoftheproblem

I did something similar, that annyoing slug monster in one of the shroud zones that splits into smaller slugs had hate on me (I'm BLM) and I was slowly inching backwards everytime it did it's aoe attack, I guess me slowly inching back caused me to walk out of it's area which did the same invincible and back to max health routine. We still completed it but that FATE already takes so damn long.

Ken

if you guys wanted a preview of the soldiery caster chest

XpaEhFy.png

from reddit

so atelier

Alex

I would murder to have one damn form of customization in this game. Anything. Enchanting, reforging, materia outside of crafted junk, tweaks to the attribute system to allow moving around substats at a 6 or 7 to 1 ratio vs a main stat, etc.

Having a hard acc cap with no way to move anything around is such a pain. It makes gearing up so painful. :( hopefully in the future.

Sorian

Banned
I would murder to have one damn form of customization in this game. Anything. Enchanting, reforging, materia outside of crafted junk, tweaks to the attribute system to allow moving around substats at a 6 or 7 to 1 ratio vs a main stat, etc.

Having a hard acc cap with no way to move anything around is such a pain. It makes gearing up so painful. :( hopefully in the future.

I agree but as it stands, it's almost a non-issue. Except for the hardcore min/maxers the game for everyone else is just make your ilvl bigger and bigger and things will come more in line with your character.

Mr. RHC

Damn it, that 2.2 main scenario cutscene

Smacked down the hammer of law on the refugees, jeez Ul'Dah, show some fucking mercy.

Reubeucent

Neo Member
How do you people still keep up with this game? Maybe it was because my server had awful players or major assholes around every corner, but from what I've read I'm SOOO glad I didn't come back for 2.2. This level of a grind is just ridiculous and I've played XI. I just don't have the time, nor the patience for it.

How are you people still SANE from this? Also, the crafting is supposedly really bad now or something with the ilvl 90 stuff, so GG square.

dramatis

How do you people still keep up with this game? Maybe it was because my server had awful players or major assholes around every corner, but from what I've read I'm SOOO glad I didn't come back for 2.2. This level of a grind is just ridiculous and I've played XI. I just don't have the time, nor the patience for it.

How are you people still SANE from this? Also, the crafting is supposedly really bad now or something with the ilvl 90 stuff, so GG square.
The crafting isn't really bad, it's just that now everything isn't an easy HQ. In that sense, it has become more interesting, even if we fail.

klee123

As a PLD main, I'm probably going to get the top this week. Should provide a substantial boost over my CT top.

I've ran turn 1 so many times, but the allegan tank top has never dropped for me.

Totakeke

All 12 atma pieces collected :/

Times:

Atma of the MAIDEN Central Shroud - 20 mins
Atma of the SCORPION - Southern Thanalan - 3 hours
Atma of the WATER BEARER - Upper La Noscea - 5 hours
Atma of the GOAT - East Shroud - 30 mins
Atma of the BULL - Eastern Thanalan - 4 hours
Atma of the RAM - Middle La Noscea - 3 hours
Atma of the TWINS - Western Thanalan - 2 hours
Atma of the LION - Outer La Noscea - 2 hours
Atma of the FISH - Lower La Noscea - 2 hours
Atma of the ARCHER - North Shroud - 3 hours
Atma of the SCALES - Central Thanalan - 1 hour
Atma of the CRAB - Western La Noscea - 12 hours

About 38 hours total :/

Roughly 650 FATEs / Less than 2% drop rate

Never again.

Eff that, makes me feel like quitting the game.

I'd say increase the drop rate to 20% and the require 10 Atmas each. It'll be less random and give a better sense of progression. Still, a bullshit system that requires zero thought and skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom