• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
As a PLD main, I'm probably going to get the top this week. Should provide a substantial boost over my CT top.

I've ran turn 1 so many times, but the Allagan tank top has never dropped for me.

Ummm.... Valor Surcoat was BiS before 2.2 dropped...

Still is best till you can get the Weathered version to the legit 110 version...

I'm saving up for 4 weeks, see what the landscape looks like, how far I've progressed in Coil
Then burn 1800 Soldiery, then work from there

nikos

I still don't understand why people are ATMA grinding when you can get a better weapon from Leviathan and Coil. Even T5 weapon is better than Relic + 2 for White Mage. Whatever comes in 2.3 (which is supposed to be released before you can even get Relic+3 with Soldiery cap) will probably be better than Relic+3.

Am I missing something?

klee123

Ummm.... Valor Surcoat was BiS before 2.2 dropped...

Still is best till you can get the Weathered version to the legit 110 version...

I'm saving up for 4 weeks, see what the landscape looks like, how far I've progressed in Coil
Then burn 1800 Soldiery, then work from there

I was too cheap to spent the 825 Myths on the top, as I was getting myth armor for WHM and BRD as well.

I should get the 825 soldieries by this weekend, so I might as well wait.

klee123

I still don't understand why people are ATMA grinding when you can get a better weapon from Leviathan and Coil. Even T5 weapon is better than Relic + 2 for White Mage. Whatever comes in 2.3 (which is supposed to be released before you can even get Relic+3 with Soldiery cap) will probably be better than Relic+3.

Am I missing something?

To prepare for future updates basically. The devs pretty much said when it's all said and done, the Zodiac Relic will be the best weapon for each class.

nikos

To prepare for future updates basically. The devs pretty much said when it's all said and done, the Zodiac Relic will be the best weapon for each class.

Ahh, thanks. Still, I feel like it's better to get Leviathan EX and High Allagan weapons now, then farm ATMA after the inevitable nerf. :eek:

Taruranto

Am I missing something?

Personally I like the second half of the quest, the one with the books. Too bad you have to get past this ATMA bullshit. :/

Reubeucent

Neo Member
The crafting isn't really bad, it's just that now everything isn't an easy HQ. In that sense, it has become more interesting, even if we fail.

So, two stars are now somehow hard to HQ? Or is it just what I would assume to be three starred items that are a massive pain to HQ? That seems stupid when it's only i90 and not i95/100 especially considering how easy most of BC is going to be now with the echo buff, minus turn 5.

BadRNG

So, two stars are now somehow hard to HQ? Or is it just what I would assume to be three starred items that are a massive pain to HQ? That seems stupid when it's only i90 and not i95/100 especially considering how easy most of BC is going to be now with the echo buff, minus turn 5.
i90 with melds will likely be on par if not surpass some i100 stuff, if i70>i80 comparison is any indication. So if someone is absurdly rich they can try and jumpstart their gear progression a tad before doing new coil. Given how this worked in 2.0 though the small bonus from all that melding will not actually be necessary, and while this gear will sell for millions at first most people won't care a couple months down the line. Not really a fan of how they've got crafting designed right now, massive time and money sink for not a lot of payoff unless your objective is gil, in which case you can certainly make millions at the beginning of these booms, but I'm not sure what you'll actually do with all that gil. It'll be interesting to see how long the boom will last too since the market is based primarily around crafters selling crap to other crafters and most of those crafters have all crafts at 50 by now.

Going back to your other post though about how we stay sane/put up with the grind, my tactic is to not take part in it. Atma farming/grinding out 40-50HQ whatever two star stuff isn't necessary to enjoy the game. There's plenty of other stuff to do. I'll probably take part in a fate or two every now and then, but I'm not going to dedicate so much playtime to it. We all know the drop rate will get buffed at some point, no use burning out on fates now.

I am a bit worried about SE's confidence in 2.3, as this patch seems heavily based around content stalls/time sinks, but we'll see I suppose. At the very least I'll get a couple months of fun just from doing Coil2 and finishing off leveling the rest of my battle classes.

Noi

I think the challenge log and buffed roulette gil rewards, at the least, will help out with the economy for a while longer than previous patches. It basically gives out tons of free money every week, making people less wary about being stingy and not spending gil on market board stuff since they can make it back a lot easier. I'm sure I've made almost a million gil total since 2.2 went live, but I've never had more than 100k on me cause I quickly spend it on more stuff for my FC house/retainer equipment/crafting equipment, etc.

Hell, me being a tank main, I can make 20K+ a day just from doing my roulettes and not counting the gil I'd get inside the actual dungeons. That's a lot more extra spending money than before, where I'd be lucky to make 4-5k from getting all the roulette bonuses.

WolvenOne

Yeah, they need to start introducing new crafted gear every patch.

Basically, using 2.2 as my example.

Ilve 90 crafted gear introduced, that slightly surpasses Ilvl100 gear when fully melded properly.

Then, in 2.3.

Ilvl100 crafted gear, is introduced, that barely surpasses 110 gear when fully melded.

In 2.4, the cap is raised, new gear is introduced, and the cycle begins again.

People will still farm for the ilvl 110 stuff, because first, most people could never afford to fully gear themselves out in high level crafted gear, and second, because there is a certain status you have when you walk around in max ilvl gear.

Plus, of course, vanity. Just because the ilvl 100 crafted stuff is better, doesn't mean people can't show off their drops.

We would probably still have boom bust cycles, but, they would be shorter cycles, and probably be a bit less dramatic as well.

Got my Veil of Wiyu Atma tonight.. glad to have the FATE farming crap over with..

Capped my soldiery tomes and ended up buying the evenstar sash of casting.. the belt was one of the few DL pieces I had left, so this gave me a nice bump to ilvl and a welcome increase in int.

Jayhawk

Finished my Curtana/Holy Shield Atma just before bed tonight. :D
I need to farm myth for the first book and get the i100 body after I get soldiery tomes post-reset.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
DAT Challenge Log!
E0q8UqQ.jpg

51,000 Gil + 2,000 GC Seals+ 44,000 Choco XP
Fuck PVP though, damn timer takes for fucking ever

Best thing about 2.2, wish there was more stuff to do lol

WolvenOne

Heh, saved up my Expert Roulette since I didn't need it to Cap, and was pleasently surprised to see that the Roulettes don't reset at the same time the Soldiery cap does.

Ran it quickly to get my, what, 70 Tomes for the day? Gonna run the Expert Roulette again tomorrow and immediately have 140 out of my 450 tomes. Should be able to farm the rest manually throughout the evening. XD

So what's the best / weirdest thing you guys have gotten via Quick Exploration w/ your retainers? I got Cherry Confetti and a Leaf Rug or something that sells for 200k~ish.

Best item so far is probably the pair of level 50 Fisher gloves from one retainer (consistently decent). Such a shock when I got that...

My other retainer however, is giving me the fun items. She brought back a window to start off with - then a pie (presumably from the window sill where she took the window). That was capped off by a door in the exact same style as the window! I started to think she was nicking things from the same house for her ventures until she brought back a fish.

Which was a relief of sorts (pointless but a relief) - until I started writing this post. I now realise she might have taken that fish from the pond at the same house D:

Stuart444

Is the 4-man instance lag better yet? I feel like I'm asking this every day but doing a 20 - 40 minute dungeon (depending on the group) just to fail/abandon it due to lag would be annoying...

Sophia

Is the 4-man instance lag better yet? I feel like I'm asking this every day but doing a 20 - 40 minute dungeon (depending on the group) just to fail/abandon it due to lag would be annoying...

It was fine when I did Brayflox earlier. Although you never know with these servers.

Haven't had any lag recently BUT since this is reset day, I imagine it's gonna get ugly later today.

dcye

Changing my main from DRG to BRD cause my static lost a BRD and I was tiring of DRG. Man I never realized how bad BRD'd have it with Accuracy, some of the choices for gear secondaries are absolute garbage on SE's Parr. Makes so much of the end game gear irrelevant.

I need to have 2800ish myth by next week, will be interesting.

Ken

I'm so confused. So in the first Coil of Bahamut, turns 3 to 5 take place in a ship called Ragnarok? I thought the coils were fragments of Dalamud. Or is Dalamud comprised of a bunch of ships...

MechaX

I'm so confused. So in the first Coil of Bahamut, turns 3 to 5 take place in a ship called Ragnarok? I thought the coils were fragments of Dalamud. Or is Dalamud comprised of a bunch of ships...

Based on that little I paid attention to in the dialogue explaining that, it's more of the latter in a sense. Except it's not really a ship but more of an "instrument."

Torquill

Yeah. Next class will definitely be Thief then into Ninja (or Ninja branching off GLA).
Possible, but this would break the established pattern. Thief is a FF job and those are never classes. I'm guessing rouge/ninja, with maybe thief as a 2nd job option.

Torquill

Based on that little I paid attention to in the dialogue explaining that, it's more of the latter in a sense. Except it's not really a ship but more of an "instrument."
The Duty Finder text for Turn 3 says it's a ship.

The wreckage is mostly pieces of Dalamud, but the Allagans had to get up there somehow. It's reasonable to assume there may have been some ships still docked from way back when. Those would have come crashing down along with everything else. So, Turn 1 is some pieces of Dalamud (possibly a hangar of some kind) with a ship inside.

Ken

The wreckage is mostly pieces of Dalamud, but the Allagans had to get up there somehow. It's reasonable to assume there may have been some ships still docked from way back when. Those would have come crashing down along with everything else. So, Turn 1 is some pieces of Dalamud (possibly a hangar of some kind) with a ship inside.

mmm, that makes sense. although then that makes "the binding coil of bahamut" kind of misleading huh? lol

Torquill

I still don't understand why people are ATMA grinding when you can get a better weapon from Leviathan and Coil.
Because they don't have access to those things. Because the zodiac weapons will make it easier to kill Levi and Coil. Because they don't have regular access to 7 other people that can clear consistently enough for a farm group. Because, it's an investment on the future upgrades.

Pick your poison.

Torquill

mmm, that makes sense. although then that makes "the binding coil of bahamut" kind of misleading huh? lol
Well, you're exploring wreckage of a construct meant to bind Bahamut, so seems legit to me. :p

Less misleading than calling Labrynth of the ancients CT :p

Madchad

Because they don't have access to those things. Because the zodiac weapons will make it easier to kill Levi and Coil. Because they don't have regular access to 7 other people that can clear consistently enough for a farm group. Because, it's an investment on the future upgrades.

Pick your poison.

I pick OCD

; ;

Ken

Well, you're exploring wreckage of a construct meant to bind Bahamut, so seems legit to me. :p

Less misleading than calling Labrynth of the ancients CT :p

But then you spend like 2-3 turns exploring a ship that''s not actually part of the binding construct?

BLCKATK

I've been putting a lot of thought into the setting of the Binding Coil and spent a lot of time reading through the questlines again. This is how I've interpreted it.

Turn 5+ Spoilers
The Ragnarok is a Prison Ship used to contain Bahamut inside of it. At the end you see multiple ships from many directions holding Bahamut into place. When you speak with Alisae in the quest "Another Turn in the Coil" she states that these 'ships' are "Internment Hulks" (Means Prison Ship) and that they are "Ragnarok -Class", implying to me that they are giant star ships/cruisers. Dalamud seems to be made up of several of this Ragnarok-Class ships, and their purpose was to keep Bahamut's primal energy at bay and use it as a power source.

Jinko

They really shouldn't have remove the auto log out.

90k, huge lag spikes and the frikkin log in queue is back, nice work SE. (We are back in beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom