• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

I don't think the issues are a result of the removal of auto logout. It's just that more people are playing again, and people are focused in specific areas again.

Item Box

Don't see why they removed it really. If you want to stay logged in and bypass the auto log out there were ways around it.

They removed it to make way for the new endgame, afk dancing

ffxiv_03302014_115426ijsk1.png

revenant's toll is pretty much this all the time now

WolvenOne

I don't think the issues are a result of the removal of auto logout. It's just that more people are playing again, and people are focused in specific areas again.

That's probably the core issue. Logging off some of the idles may have mitigated it slightly, but, wouldn't have solved the core issue.

Tamanon

Banned
So I guess I'll be joining the game later on this week. Is Ultros still the GAF main server? And I assume Gather Against Fate still has openings for a GAF member, right?

WolvenOne

On an unrelated note, kinda wish there was a mobile app that let me manage my retainers, and monitor the market board, from my phone.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So I guess I'll be joining the game later on this week. Is Ultros still the GAF main server? And I assume Gather Against Fate still has openings for a GAF member, right?

There should be. Think there was between 40-80 openings last I remember looking.

Cmagus

Are server transfers from legacy to non legacy servers available? I was thinking of doing a transfer to Ultros if there is room. How is Ultros end game is there lots of stuff going on?

Valonquar

Happy new PLD chest GET!
T7fF8Ez.jpg

Tomes apparently reset Tuesday in the early AM EST now. Got it just before heading out to work.

WolvenOne

Sadly the gloves and boots in that set, trade useful stats for skill speed, so after getting the chest and pants I'm going to have to satisfy myself with accessories, until I start regularly clearing some of the second set of Coil turns.

Well there's the head piece I guess, but the High Allagan head piece drops in turn six, so it's kinda hard to justify using Soldiery on one of those just now.

Edit: Skill speed is also why I'm only passively farming Atma's at the moment.

It's going to be tough to trade the Primal axe's accuracy for skill speed, and still hit the new accuracy caps. :/

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Do caster legs actually exist in T4
I have a BLM friend who hasn't gotten them in 3 months or so.

I've seen them drop twice, and I send him screenshots each time.

But then I haven't even seen most tank drops in T1-5 and I usually get outrolled on the stuff that does show up, so the joke's on me. I haven't even SEEN the allagan round shield drop.

Noi

Skillspeed on a lot of the tank pieces makes me sad. I'm still using some Darklight accessories because the Hero stuff is bad and I haven't gotten lucky in Coil/Extremes. I don't like the drop in Parry from the Noct shield either.

Skillspeed on a lot of the tank pieces makes me sad. I'm still using some Darklight accessories because the Hero stuff is bad and I haven't gotten lucky in Coil/Extremes. I don't like the drop in Parry from the Noct shield either.

Yup.

Hey are you going in this order for S-Tomes: Noct Body, Breeches, and then Belt?

studyguy

Also Crit which is like well...
I guess I'll do 200 damage instead of just 150 damage.

Meanwhile the rest of the group is pulling 3x that much on average...
Give my my parry back with ACC. ACC is grouped with CRIT now which is like lol well whatever.

WolvenOne

Yeah it's an odd decision, putting the cap for accuracy so high, and then making it difficult to reach that cap unless you get really lucky on drops, or sacrifice vital stats.

Kinda really important for Tanks to reach cap for these things, since we often have one hit to really pull enemies, and missing can potentially derail the whole raid.

Edit: For context, it sounds like I'm at or near the Accuracy cap for the first few turns of second Coil already, but that'll change the moment I switch away from the Dual Haken. Not even the High Allagan Axe has as good an accuracy stat as that axe. So I'm immediately going to have to find a way to make up near 30 ACC, even if I don't swap out any other ilvl90 pieces with ACC for equipment with none. : /

Also Crit which is like well...
I guess I'll do 200 damage instead of just 150 damage.

Meanwhile the rest of the group is pulling 3x that much on average...
Give my my parry back with ACC. ACC is grouped with CRIT now which is like lol well whatever.

I know right - I kinda wish that tank jobs got something for critical hits. IIRC there was an MMO where tank classes got nice little procs for criticals (e.g. HP healed, a stacking buff that affects another skill, a debuff, etc.)

They really shouldn't have remove the auto log out.

90k, huge lag spikes and the frikkin log in queue is back, nice work SE. (We are back in beta)

Darn, sorry to hear about everyone that's been dced.

Yeah I wouldn't have removed the auto-logout entirely.

No way! That was one of the best changes in 2.2 As someone else said, if people wanted to stay connected, they could do it anyway.

I don't think the two are related. This probably has more to do with the new instance infrastructure they setup that is supposed to automatically scale based on number of users in combination with the increased amount of people currently playing the game.

Happy new PLD chest GET!
T7fF8Ez.jpg

Tomes apparently reset Tuesday in the early AM EST now. Got it just before heading out to work.

Wow. That looks really good. Definitely going to try and cap my tomes tonight and get mine if the servers hold up.

BLCKATK

Got my soldiery chest:

What gear are you wearing Kagari? I'm thinking of going Soldiery chest this week too. I think Bards need 490 ACC for 2nd Coil, I was definitely missing in T6 the other night.

In other news, Got my Leviathan EX win last night! Main tanked the whole thing. Fight is definitely a blast. If I wasn't so tired I probably would have had more fun.

CLBridges

Another week still stuck on Titan Extreme. And, on top of that, the people that have completed this Trial in my FC have basically said, we don't want to go back lol. Titan X seems to scare people off I guess. But, on another note, I finally gave Turn 1 a serious attempt and completed it. Nothing dropped for my Bard, but it felt good to at least accomplish the clear.

I'm going to put Titan X on the back burner for now and concentrate on clearing and then farming Turns 1-4. I'm certain I can get those done this week and maybe make a Turn 5 attempt with a PUG lol. Oh, and farming ATMA is on the agenda since I finally upgraded my Artemis Bow to Zenith

Are server transfers from legacy to non legacy servers available? I was thinking of doing a transfer to Ultros if there is room. How is Ultros end game is there lots of stuff going on?

We have plenty of room. Come join us! Make sure to fill out the form at http://neogaf.guildwork.com on the 'Recruitment' page before submitting your in-game app.

WolvenOne

So what's the new ACC cap for coil 2?

It's not entirely confirmed yet, but for Tanks at least, if you're at the 490-500 range, misses appear to be either minimal or non-existent.

It sounds like it doesn't climb all that much per turn either, thankfully.

Edit: Also thankfully, the Allagan fending headpiece drops in Turn 6, and has a lot of ACC on it. No parry, but it has extra Vit and base defense is higher then the ilvl90 stuff, so it should be a slight upgrade in terms of defense, and help alleviate some of the ACC issues.

Torquill

My theory on the lag issues is, though they implented sever scaling for instances, they overlooked some network comm bandwidth or something that isn't scaling right and is bottle necking communications.

studyguy

I know right - I kinda wish that tank jobs got something for critical hits. IIRC there was an MMO where tank classes got nice little procs for criticals (e.g. HP healed, a stacking buff that affects another skill, a debuff, etc.)

2.2 tome gear just feels like it's heavily focused on WAR vs PLD for whatever reason. They definitely benefit more from stacking crit, just feel like we got a slight shaft since crit helps holding enmity to a degree, but holding all the hate doesn't help me if I'm taking relatively more damage in the end from the parry loss.

I'd also like to add that my retainer got me some rare ass ore that I can't even mine yet.
Retainers need to get a life.

2.2 tome gear just feels like it's heavily focused on WAR vs PLD for whatever reason. They definitely benefit more from stacking crit, just feel like we got a slight shaft since crit helps holding enmity to a degree, but holding all the hate doesn't help me if I'm taking relatively more damage in the end from the parry loss.

I'd also like to add that my retainer got me some rare ass ore that I can't even mine yet.

Hey, do you know if anybody has made a TPS chart showing just how much more threat is gained from a critical than a normal hit?

WolvenOne

Really hopeful that some of the trials in 2.3 drop some additional ilvl110 accessories, cause even those often seem to be a choice between Parry and Accuracy, few offer both.

studyguy

Hey, do you know if anybody has made a TPS chart showing just how much more threat is gained from a critical than a normal hit?

I don't, but I'd imagine it simply lines up to whatever % bonus you get to your DPS from adding crit. I can't imagine it'd be too substantial.

Really hopeful that some of the trials in 2.3 drop some additional ilvl110 accessories, cause even those often seem to be a choice between Parry and Accuracy, few offer both.

This is what bothers me the most. I don't really enjoy the tradeoff of MITIGATE BETTER with FFXI DRK TIER ACC or HIT HARDER WITH LESS MITIGATION, I don't care about hitting hard, I need to survive. Not show off big crit numbers.

I did. But I wasn't using the new cover sheets. 0:)

I just did some searching around and a few people are reporting that critical hits do not generate additional enmity besides their higher damage :/

I don't, but I'd imagine it simply lines up to whatever % bonus you get to your DPS from adding crit. I can't imagine it'd be too substantial.

Yeah, it's nothing extra, just the straight EQHP from the added DMG. With that said, I wish there was a tried and true calculator where I could put in values for Determination and such, then get an estimated output for my auto-attacks and abilities.

WolvenOne

This is what bothers me the most. I don't really enjoy the tradeoff of MITIGATE BETTER with FFXI DRK TIER ACC or HIT HARDER WITH LESS MITIGATION, I don't care about hitting hard, I need to survive. Not show off big crit numbers.

Tank's aren't ever going to have particularly impressive Crit numbers anyway. I don't mind having Crit, if I'm capped on ACC and I have high parry, but it is odd the the developers seem to think people want to stack Skillspeed and Crit.

Edit: Basically, if an item has ACC, Parry, and Crit Rate, I'm fine with it. While I prefer determination over Crit, it's still a nice stat to have, "so long as you're not choosing between it and a vital stat."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom