• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion434

Selling these lv 50*** HQ Crafted items is the place to be! HQ Saurian Gloves of Casting is the most requested. I don't think many people leveled Alchemist prior to 2.2 and those Terminus Putty are required for almost all new gear pieces! Alchemist was the 2nd Crafting class I got my Artisan Tool, Leatherworker being the 1st. Carpenter was the last of the 8 for a complete Artisan Set :)

Teknoman

So what are the crafting items found in the HM dungeons / Amdpor City used for? I got some sort of whetstone and peacock ore.

So what are the crafting items found in the HM dungeons / Amdpor City used for? I got some sort of whetstone and peacock ore.

Those crafting items were purchased with Philosophy Tomes prior to 2.2 but now they drop in the Ex DF dungeons and you can also buy them with your company seals.

they used to be philosophy tome items that are used in high level crafting recipes. They were needed in crafted i70 gear and now are used in the crafting content. They were selling pretty well earlier in the week, i think they dropped in price since the start of 2.2

Torquill

they used to be philosophy tome items that are used in high level crafting recipes. They were needed in crafted i70 gear and now are used in the crafting content. They were selling pretty well earlier in the week, i think they dropped in price since the start of 2.2
On Balmung Cooking sherry went from like 300 a pop to like 12 in a 48 hour period.

WolvenOne

Okay, hate to keep ranting, but I'll say one like thing on the matter.

Next time they're ready to boost the item level, I hope that they increase the number of Bonus stats attached to each item. If all accessories got say, four different Bonus stats, even if they were only a very modest jump over the numbers you see in ilvl110 gear, overall once fully decked out the difference would be huge.

Plus, with four instead of three bonus stats, it's easier to ignore the occasional, "Crit," or "skill speed," stat.

Edit: Pardon, I wasn't sufficiently clear.

What I'm proposing is, going from the current 4 bonus stats on Armor pieces, to 5 for ilvls 120-130.

And going from 3 Bonus stats on accessories, to 4, at the same ilvl range.

I'd also propose making Perry a standard bonus stat for fending equipment, much like vitality currently is.

Wilsongt

I decided not to use my sol on body this week and instead got my myth smn body, because damn I look good in it.

Went and got a sash instead, since the jewelery isn't that good at this point, and I am far, far away from completing even t4 of coil.

WolvenOne

Hmm, about to break a million Gil.

I wonder if I can bribe any of the pro-Gaffers to farm T5 with me, or, if I should just save up for personal housing. <_<;;

studyguy

45 COCK ORE

I actually happened to have the GSM master book required materials already pre-patch. So that's mainly why I took it. It was like oh okay.

But I mean since then it's like man... where do I find the time to craft between not getting these atma?

Schuhu

Neo Member
Playing in windowed mode while grinding fates, watching Youtube game playthroughs on the other side.

The grind is real, got 1 atma at least :x

Alex

Okay, hate to keep ranting, but I'll say one like thing on the matter.

Next time they're ready to boost the item level, I hope that they increase the number of Bonus stats attached to each item. If all accessories got say, four different Bonus stats, even if they were only a very modest jump over the numbers you see in ilvl110 gear, overall once fully decked out the difference would be huge.

Plus, with four instead of three bonus stats, it's easier to ignore the occasional, "Crit," or "skill speed," stat.

Edit: Pardon, I wasn't sufficiently clear.

What I'm proposing is, going from the current 4 bonus stats on Armor pieces, to 5 for ilvls 120-130.

And going from 3 Bonus stats on accessories, to 4, at the same ilvl range.

I'd also propose making Perry a standard bonus stat for fending equipment, much like vitality currently is.

There are three major things I wanna see occur with itemization in the future.

1.) Rebalancing of the three universal substats. Right now Determination is a bit weak and Skill Speed is lousy almost across the board. All substats could afford to be somewhat more interesting as well.

2.) Some form of limited customization in moving substats around to contend with accuracy woes if accuracy is to remain. (accuracy should also be made more transparent in it's effectiveness)

3.) Introduction of "proc" items or unique stat items. Gear really needs to start getting some occasional quirks, it's too uniform. Need some curveball and fun pieces.

I don't think the issues are a result of the removal of auto logout. It's just that more people are playing again, and people are focused in specific areas again.

I think it may be more the netcode and positioning changes in the patch in conjunction with that. The type of lag is really abnormal compared to anything else I've seen in the past.

Anyway, It's neat to see people getting the new body pieces, I really like most of them but I really don't care for Bard's. Probably because I like the AF+1 so much and I just don't think of Bard when I see these huge, hunter-esque items. It's fun to be able to pick up whatever and just glamour it back if you want, though. I'm really happy that it's become standard to not let people look like mixed outfit buffoons if they don't want in online RPGs now. It'd be nice to see less awkward Miqotes in Coliseum gear, though. :lol

frequency

I have a couple questions for macro users:

1. Can you turn off the on screen error message and sound for when you use an ability that isn't ready to be used yet?

2. Can you use an emote icon for a macro?
Something like
/micon "wave"
I can't seem to get it to work but in the patch notes they list them as available macro icons.

Wilsongt

The ONLY good reason to be a falalalalala

hB8qPbU.jpg

Found on Reddit. Too cute.

There are three major things I wanna see occur with itemization in the future.

1.) Rebalancing of the three universal substats. Right now Determination is a bit weak and Skill Speed is lousy almost across the board. All substats could afford to be somewhat more interesting as well.

Matters on the class. For DRG, determination is the best of the 3 available on our gear, worth around 2x the amount that skill speed is. Which is what makes it annoying that the helm, chest, and belt of sol tome gear is ACC+Speed. Even more annoying since it doesn't seem that the high allagan for those slots drop from early turn, while already a replacement for one of the good pieces of sol tome gear, gloves, does.

Aeana

I have a couple questions for macro users:

1. Can you turn off the on screen error message and sound for when you use an ability that isn't ready to be used yet?

2. Can you use an emote icon for a macro?
Something like
/micon "wave"
I can't seem to get it to work but in the patch notes they list them as available macro icons.

1. Yes, although I couldn't tell you where it is off the top of my head.
2. You can probably find the icons by actually clicking the icon and selecting one of the available icons, rather than using /micon.

Did SE break the game's Crossfire support? No matter what I do the game won't run in Crossfire... it did before.

Probably not even worth asking as probably no one here has a crossfire setup, lol.

frequency

1. Yes, although I couldn't tell you where it is off the top of my head.
2. You can probably find the icons by actually clicking the icon and selecting one of the available icons, rather than using /micon.

Hmmm

1. I can see where to turn off the error text in the chat log window but not the on screen message. I must be blind. I'll keep looking for it.
2. When I click on the icon, there are only 4 pages available to me with some strange icons I don't see anywhere else. There are none for abilities or emotes. It's like numbers and arrows and such things. Are you talking about something else?

But thanks. I'll keep looking around and trying different things. I'm pretty poor at using Google and could not find any definite answers.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sometimes i wonder if Yoshi P and crew just throw on the secondary stats for flavor. It's thrown around so slipshod on equipment while main stats are so heavily weighted that...its the only thing I can think of. =)

"Fuck it, throw on some other 'stats' to make it look nice."

(Yes, I know they have a minor/decent effect on things)

studyguy

Did SE break the game's Crossfire support? No matter what I do the game won't run in Crossfire... it did before.

Probably not even worth asking as probably no one here has a crossfire setup, lol.

Ran crossfire in XIV 1.0, though you had to keep it full screen mode.
Don't have a clue if it works now, but I know for a fact SLI does work.
Check your drivers maybe? Nvidia has been getting XIV specific tweaks surprisingly enough.
No clue on the AMD front, changed shortly before ARR launched.

HBroward

Anyone have any good scholar resources? I'm having to switch my main from WHM for our raid group and haven't really played SCH in months, so I need a good refresher. I do have all the bis gear from pre 2.2 though, including the Allagan book, so I should be able to hit the ground running for second coils.

Aeana

Sometimes i wonder if Yoshi P and crew just throw on the secondary stats for flavor. It's thrown around so slipshod on equipment while main stats are so heavily weighted that...its the only thing I can think of. =)

"Fuck it, throw on some other 'stats' to make it look nice."

(Yes, I know they have a minor/decent effect on things)
That accuracy on ilvl100+ healing gear, though.

WolvenOne

I suspect the, odd sub-stats are at least in part, designed to keep people playing the game. Even after I hit ilvl90, I would've needed to do a lot of Coil farming to really optimize my stats. XD

Aeana

Yeah I'm loving the acc on healing gear actually, nothing worse than missing stone 2 spam or having dots miss in the small window you have to get them out sometimes.
The amount of accuracy on the gear is fairly small, though, so it's not going to help a lot either way.

Sorian

Banned
Finished my first zodiac book last night for all 2 of my int points towards my atma :D -_-; special thanks to Korra and Jede for making my que times non existent. Time to farm myth tonight for book 2!

Ken

I've been putting a lot of thought into the setting of the Binding Coil and spent a lot of time reading through the questlines again. This is how I've interpreted it.

Turn 5+ Spoilers
The Ragnarok is a Prison Ship used to contain Bahamut inside of it. At the end you see multiple ships from many directions holding Bahamut into place. When you speak with Alisae in the quest "Another Turn in the Coil" she states that these 'ships' are "Internment Hulks" (Means Prison Ship) and that they are "Ragnarok -Class", implying to me that they are giant star ships/cruisers. Dalamud seems to be made up of several of this Ragnarok-Class ships, and their purpose was to keep Bahamut's primal energy at bay and use it as a power source.

Okay, that makes sense even though it's kind of absurd. Must stink to have to work on those ships lol.

DAT Warrior focus.

WAR has a lot of problems with itemization because our Relic doesn't have ACC. So if this is Warrior "focus" I would hate to see what non-focus on Warrior looks like.

The Wave Battleaxe doesn't have ACC either so WAR has to use Dual Haken or Allagan Axe to have enough ACC for Coil until he can clear T9 for the High Allagan Axe. This is typical of WAR in Coil since launch. WAR cannot use his Relic in progression content unlike PLD. Yeah, DAT Warrior focus.

Also they need to remove the fucking root when WAR uses Holmgang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom