• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

WAR has a lot of problems with itemization because our Relic doesn't have ACC. So if this is Warrior "focus" I would hate to see what non-focus on Warrior looks like.

The Wave Battleaxe doesn't have ACC either so WAR has to use Dual Haken or Allagan Axe to have enough ACC for Coil until he can clear T9 for the High Allagan Axe. This is typical of WAR in Coil since launch. WAR cannot use his Relic in progression content unlike PLD. Yeah, DAT Warrior focus.

Also they need to remove the fucking root when WAR uses Holmgang.

Yeah, it's driving me nutty. I think I can work around the lack of Accuracy on the Animus, but it's going to take a lot of work. :p

Edit: It's help if we actually knew the Accuracy Cap for Turn 9, of course.

klee123

Happy new PLD chest GET!
T7fF8Ez.jpg

Tomes apparently reset Tuesday in the early AM EST now. Got it just before heading out to work.

Looks nice! Will be mine in a few days! I think it's BiS too which is even better.

studyguy

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think the PLD lorica armor set looks ugly as fuck.
Well ugly isn't right... just unfitting. It looks like a WAR set more than a PLD set in my mind.

Ken

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I think the PLD lorica armor set looks ugly as fuck.
Well ugly isn't right... just unfitting. It looks like a WAR set more than a PLD set in my mind.

you and me both.

actually I'll go with it's ugly and boring.

I'm just glad the set is shared between both tank jobs now. It will get vanity'd when I get it anyways.

klee123

You know, I I think the actual issue of the PLD lorica is the color scheme. If the color scheme was blueish, you could make it look like Saber's armor in Fate Stay Night.

Tamanon

Banned
Alright, the journey begins. Going with an Archer to start, so I can get a hold on how everything works without also having to tank or heal to start.

dcye

Finally downed Titan and Ifrit EX. Got the Dual Haken just because the Bravura looks so crap. All 2.1 content cleared now thankfully. Also tried out some T6, very interesting fight. We made some good progress and safetly making it to second phase every attempt now. Hopefully we can work through P2 again tomorrow.

Alright, the journey begins. Going with an Archer to start, so I can get a hold on how everything works without also having to tank or heal to start.

Awesome, welcome to the club. Are you on the Ultros Server?

If so and you have rolled a Lalafell good!

If not make a character on Ultros that is a Lalafell.

Welcome to the coolest MMO that I have played in a long time.

I guess I should have expected Digital River to not send an email notifying me my soundtrack finally shipped. I just opened my mailbox and there it was.

There's a lot of really awesome music you never hear more than once or even in it's entirely in this game's soundtrack. I mean if you never farmed Praetorium in the early days of the game's release for tomes, you only got to hear that awesome track once ever for instance.

Ken

people farmed prae a lot after CM speed runs got nerfed and if you weren't on the prae train you were on the wrong train.

Sorian

Banned
people farmed prae a lot after CM speed runs got nerfed and if you weren't on the prae train you were on the wrong train.

If you weren't on the prae train then you were on the pain train.

These days though? You gotta be on the bray train.

Moaradin

2.2 main quest spoilers:
What race is Yugiri? She seems like a new one. And is it me, or does it seem like they're foreshadowing a new Job class based on her moveset?

Teknoman

So...is she missing pants or is she wearing on sort of white shorts tucked into the boots?

2.2 main quest spoilers:
What race is Yugiri? She seems like a new one. And is it me, or does it seem like they're foreshadowing a new Job class based on her moveset?

Yes to both questions. Also you'd think Corsair or Musketeer would be coming soon enough.

Isaccard

I guess I should have expected Digital River to not send an email notifying me my soundtrack finally shipped. I just opened my mailbox and there it was.

There's a lot of really awesome music you never hear more than once or even in it's entirely in this game's soundtrack. I mean if you never farmed Praetorium in the early days of the game's release for tomes, you only got to hear that awesome track once ever for instance.

Guess I should check my mailbox :eek:

FatalT

Banned
I'm curious. What server do most people on GAF play on? Is there a specific GAF free company? The OP has like 5 different servers and from the looks of it, one of the free companies only had 22 active members.

EDIT: Derp, well it looks like everyone is on Ultros.

Teknoman

Hey, get those new comers through!

I'm probably going to have to order through cdjapan.

Qvoth

capped my soldiery tomes yesterday just on brayflox HM (ran 10 times) didn't see the baby opo opo at all

anyone knows if it's from a chest? or after clearing the dungeon?

edit: nvm someone on reddit already answered it for me

Kenai

Hmm a new class perhaps?

Looks like it's using a sword, but I can't see it being for Paladin....

Looks a lot like a classic Red Mage to me, rapier, hat and all. Maybe it will be similar.

A rapier is different enough from a gladiator sword to have its own category I think.

I'm curious. What server do most people on GAF play on? Is there a specific GAF free company? The OP has like 5 different servers and from the looks of it, one of the free companies only had 22 active members.

Ultros

2.2 main quest spoilers:

99% chance when she gets around to it she will be teaching us the ways of the Ninja, and she is probably a female Bangaa going by her lizard-y tail and ears, or an entirely new race

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just how bad has the instance lag been? I haven't done any dungeons since it started, and I'm stuck in terms of story progress until I start doing the early game dungeons. Can't get on to try them at the moment.

klee123

Whilst the new dungeons are quite easy. I do appreciate that the dev team tried to mix things up a bit for the boss battles instead just trying to avoid aoe cones after aoe cones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom