• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I just did a run of Quarn. Asked the group if they knew how to fight the first boss. Tank starts rushing in. Gets killed 3-4 times by doom. Healer can't keep up and we wipe.

I spent the rest of the dungeon giving commands to the rest of the group

I got all three commendations :O

and I'm a Dragoon.

yxhSW4G.png

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So people have been trying to unlock Big Fishing

You need Titanic Sawfish.... a 2 Star Fish, which requires Daytime fishing, so 6AM-6PM with clear skies (any clouds/rain, your fucked)

People have spent days trying to get this

I for shits n gigles try to help FC member.... net 3 (get 2 in first 45 minutes, next in 2 hours)...

Go see on MB, each is selling roughly for 150,000....

GAWD DAMN!

Even learned an awesome trick to help you know you are getting it haha!

Isaccard

I just did a run of Quarn. Asked the group if they knew how to fight the first boss. Tank starts rushing in. Gets killed 3-4 times by doom. Healer can't keep up and we wipe.

and I'm a Dragoon.

yxhSW4G.png

grats!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

and I'm a Dragoon.

yxhSW4G.png

Nice. I got a commendation tonight on Wanderer's, which I thought was pretty good considering I'm a MNK.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
is there anyone in the ultros gaf fc that has the armourers tools that can make 3 star items? i almost have everything to make the chocobo barding i want but im not a crafter myself, just need to get the 500 myth item. to make the gold ingot.

WolvenOne

Funny how, a few days into 2.2, I'm already compiling a wish list of stuff I want for 2.3

Gilgamesh HM or Extreme

Ultima Extreme

Another new Primal.

And they should all drop ilvl110 jewelry, and tokens that can be used to unlock different kinds of 110 gear, like Genji Armor.

They've been talking about personal housing for 2.3 right? I really hope they do indeed Institute that. Also, they should further expand things you can do with FC housing. The FC house should essentially become a workshop that can be used by crafters to produce high quality stuff for the FC.

Not sure how the specifics of that would work though.

Really need to overhaul the PVP too.

Anyone else making a wishlist for 2.4?

Sophia

Someone just got mad at me on Diabolos because I didn't Stoneskin the Nightmares and made the fight take 15 seconds longer. Oh jeez....

Funny how, a few days into 2.2, I'm already compiling a wish list of stuff I want for 2.3

I find that, perhaps more than other MMOs, I'm just excited at what new features FFXIV will have in the future. Something about the massive nature of the updates, the dedicated patch cycle, how they easily communicate what is happen in the next patches, etc, etc...

Shamdeo

I find that, perhaps more than other MMOs, I'm just excited at what new features FFXIV will have in the future. Something about the massive nature of the updates, the dedicated patch cycle, how they easily communicate what is happen in the next patches, etc, etc...

The live letters and mega trailers before each patch never cease to excite me.

Taruranto

and I'm a Dragoon.

yxhSW4G.png

That's like every dungeon for a healer. :p

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
is there anyone in the ultros gaf fc that has the armourers tools that can make 3 star items? i almost have everything to make the chocobo barding i want but im not a crafter myself, just need to get the 500 myth item. to make the gold ingot.

You need a GSM for that!

MechaX

Man, I have been reading that the Mirror drop rate for Leviathan Ex is like 1%-5%. And that's on top of how you'll be competing against 7 other people for it if it drops. Between this and the alleged rare drop rates of Sands of Time/Oil of Time/Unidentified Allagan Tome Stones + 2nd Coil lockout, Kagari was right... this patch really is RNG Reborn.

Looks like I'm grabbing the Atma one way or another.

Ken

Man, I have been reading that the Mirror drop rate for Leviathan Ex is like 1%-5%. And that's on top of how you'll be competing against 7 other people for it if it drops. Between this and the alleged rare drop rates of Sands of Time/Oil of Time/Unidentified Allagan Tome Stones + 2nd Coil lockout, Kagari was right... this patch really is RNG Reborn.

Looks like I'm grabbing the Atma one way or another.

secondhand information but was told that the coil items for weathered weapons are guaranteed and are given to everyone in the party

Sophia

I'd just like to say screw leveling syncing in FATEs. I really enjoy watching my Paladin be limited to a two button rotation for the entire duration of Atma farming. -.-;

MechaX

secondhand information but was told that the coil items for weathered weapons are guaranteed and are given to everyone in the party

I do hope that's the case. I mean, it's already a bit extreme, but competing for the coil items with lockout... ggs.

Tamanon

Banned
Up to level 10 as of last night, in the midst of my Archer class quest. Only thing that's annoyed me so far is an item called "Leggings" that is actually a foot item. Needed a level 5 thing in 4 slots to progress and ran out of quests so had to AH a cheap pair instead of the leggings I got from a quest.

Number45

If RMTs are bad in-game, could you imagine the forums? lol
Surely that's what captcha is for? I understand the reasoning... except that not allowing people to ask for help on the forums when they're levelling (and likely most in need of help) is ridiculous.

Once I'm at level 50 I'll just use it to whine like everyone else does. :p

Up to level 10 as of last night, in the midst of my Archer class quest. Only thing that's annoyed me so far is an item called "Leggings" that is actually a foot item. Needed a level 5 thing in 4 slots to progress and ran out of quests so had to AH a cheap pair instead of the leggings I got from a quest.
Yeah, I WTF'd at that as well. Apparently there's an NPC close by that sells what you need.

Sophia

The game doesn't do you a good job of telling you this, but there's a vender nearby in each respective area that sells the level 5 equipment cheaply.

Cmagus

Anyone wanna work on T5 tonight on Ultros? I would like to work on getting it down as I imagine others do as well. I'll ask in chat tonight as well but I figured I'd check here first.

Nakazato

(2.2 main story ending spoilers)

The final cutscene is basically a tease of a new class (probably something like thief) and a job (ninja probably)

Class thief with branching so Assassin DD/Debuff and Ninja Eva/Blink tank ? But then we get into dose it use ninja tools like ffxi or TP/Mana for shadows/Elemental attacks

dcye

I'm not sure why, but I find all the desperate talk of new classes and jobs really annoying. People stretching so much for things with such impatience. Meh. To each their own I guess.

frequency

Speculating about future content (such as new classes/jobs) can be fun. It certainly makes discussion threads more interesting than just reports about how you got this or that piece of equipment or how everything is terrible because _______.

Isaccard

Speculating about future content (such as new classes/jobs) can be fun. It certainly makes discussion threads more interesting than just reports about how you got this or that piece of equipment or how everything is terrible because _______.

Take it to PMs please.

Sophia

I'm not sure why, but I find all the desperate talk of new classes and jobs really annoying. People stretching so much for things with such impatience. Meh. To each their own I guess.

It's understandable why there's so much talk about it. Currently, the cross-class system doesn't work all that well, and the job system doesn't work all that well. Adding more classes and more jobs means both systems are improved upon significantly. Plus, Final Fantasy has a huge variety of jobs in its lore to use, many of which are currently not represented. Even classic staples like Thief and Red Mage are noticeably absent.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I believe before adding jobs to the game, the job system would need a revamp. Ditch the classes altogether, retool each job with all of the tools they need, get rid of some of the skill bloat, then get rid of cross class skills. Cross class skills allows SE to continue to be lazy and force people to level more jobs for essential skills a job may be lacking. It is lazy, and silly in my opinion. It is no where near as good as XI's system and with the way this game is set up, it won't be.

Clean up the system first, then add new goodies. =)

frequency

I believe before adding jobs to the game, the job system would need a revamp. Ditch the classes altogether, retool each job with all of the tools they need, get rid of some of the skill bloat, then get rid of cross class skills. Cross class skills allows SE to continue to be lazy and force people to level more jobs for essential skills a job may be lacking. It is lazy, and silly in my opinion. It is no where near as good as XI's system and with the way this game is set up, it won't be.

Clean up the system first, then add new goodies. =)

The original idea (before jobs were added) was kind of interesting. But jobs on top of just feels so forced and doesn't work as well. I would love if they removed classes and just had jobs. It simplifies things so much and you don't really lose anything.

I also agree about skill bloat. When the level cap goes up and more and more abilities get added, it's going to get dumb. Especially for controller players.

Alternatively, I think it would help even if combo skills just replaced the skills they combo from temporarily.
Like if you use True Thrust, that same button should just be replaced with Vorpal Thrust. And if you use Vorpal Thrust, that same button should just be replaced with Full Thrust. When would you ever want to use True Thrust if you can use Vorpal? And when would you ever want to use True/Vorpal when you can use Full Thrust?

Sophia

I know there's several times I would have loved to drop down to a class for this Atma farming, but I couldn't because the Zenith weapon is Paladin only. None of the Paladin-exclusive skills are terribly beneficial when farming FATEs.

Some of my other equipment is Paladin only too. Which is just weird given the class/job system. The whole thing needs a revamp.

Zomba13

It's hardly stretching. During the cutscenes they explicitly comment on a characters fighting style from a far off land and how said character would like to offer it to denizens of Eorzea as thanks for letting said character and others like it stay. They also then expand on that by having an existing character comment on said fighting style and how it is similar to their own style which they learned from a shadowy group while staying in an existing city.

Then again it could be massive misdirection and the new class will be Chocobo Wrangler into Bird-Horse Knight.

Cross class skills allows SE to continue to be lazy and force people to level more jobs for essential skills a job may be lacking.

I actually really like this system as it gives you a good understanding of how other classes operate. It's particularly helpful if you're a tank, for example, because you can learn the strengths and weaknesses of the other tank, what kind of healing to expect from your healer, the best way to position mobs for your melee party members and so on. True, you can look this all up and have an intellectual understanding, but you can make snap decisions better with actual experience.

That said, it is pretty rigidly set up and it'd be nice if there were more room for weird stuff, like, say, crossing Blizzard 2 to a tank class so you can bind enemies. Or crossing traits as well as skills so you can be a Warrior with a million HP. But I guess that would break the game just a little bit.

I know there's several times I would have loved to drop down to a class for this Atma farming, but I couldn't because the Zenith weapon is Paladin only. None of the Paladin-exclusive skills are terribly beneficial when farming FATEs.

Some of my other equipment is Paladin only too. Which is just weird given the class/job system. The whole thing needs a revamp.

Same here. If I'm forced to grind in low level areas, I want to use my low level classes. A good change of pace and more constructive than just wasting that EXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom