• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Leviathan down and I made the barding (Two things are unrelated though, I bought the mats and had it done)

Titan Exe probably still the harder of the primals, I'd say.

Levi feels extremely easy as a tank.
Literally do nothing but slap Levi in the face as MT.
Pick up two adds and stun one as OT. It's so nice.

Everyone just has to dodge which is fun as hell.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So people have been trying to unlock Big Fishing

You need Titanic Sawfish.... a 2 Star Fish, which requires Daytime fishing, so 6AM-6PM with clear skies (any clouds/rain, your fucked)

People have spent days trying to get this

I for shits n gigles try to help FC member.... net 3 (get 2 in first 45 minutes, next in 2 hours)...

Go see on MB, each is selling roughly for 150,000....

GAWD DAMN!

Even learned an awesome trick to help you know you are getting it haha!

I unlocked all this in about 4 hours. People having issues just need better gear. (300+ gathering without food, and max perception)

The sitting while fishing is nice to see when that big one is coming.

The tough part of fishing is getting the HQ Silver Sovereigns for that damn pole and hat.

Clipse

Sorry to post this here, but not sure if everyone in the FC actually visits the Guildwork site.

I'm trying to start a late night EST (10PM to 1AM) Coil static that will run 2 nights a week (exact days are TBD.) Looking for both experienced and non-experienced people.

Currently need a WHM, BLM, SMN and MNK/DRG ideally to avoid class stacking, but the dps composition can be flexible if it means getting the group started.

Cmagus

Sorry to post this here, but not sure if everyone in the FC actually visits the Guildwork site.

I'm trying to start a late night EST (10PM to 1AM) Coil static that will run 2 nights a week (exact days are TBD.) Looking for both experienced and non-experienced people.

Currently need a WHM, BLM, SMN and MNK/DRG ideally to avoid class stacking, but the dps composition can be flexible if it means getting the group started.
Sent you a pm

Isaccard

I think.. I'm finally done with Crystal Tower.

I completed the Tank, Caster, Bard and Monk sets

I'm still missing Lancer Chest and gloves and Healer pants

but I think I can live without them, lancer stuff is pretty meh

and I'll probably vanity Darklight for my healer anyway

so yeah,

just thought GAF should know.

XD

I'm not sure why, but I find all the desperate talk of new classes and jobs really annoying. People stretching so much for things with such impatience. Meh. To each their own I guess.

nofunallowed.jpg

I think is quite fun especulate with what we might find in the future regarding jobs and how they'll work. The main story offers a few tips, so is not really stretching (
they go even as far as showing one potential skill
).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I actually really like this system as it gives you a good understanding of how other classes operate. It's particularly helpful if you're a tank, for example, because you can learn the strengths and weaknesses of the other tank, what kind of healing to expect from your healer, the best way to position mobs for your melee party members and so on. True, you can look this all up and have an intellectual understanding, but you can make snap decisions better with actual experience.

That said, it is pretty rigidly set up and it'd be nice if there were more room for weird stuff, like, say, crossing Blizzard 2 to a tank class so you can bind enemies. Or crossing traits as well as skills so you can be a Warrior with a million HP. But I guess that would break the game just a little bit.

I wasn't saying to get rid of the job change system, just the cross class stuff. I believe it hinders the convolts things. They simply make up for holes that the jobs themselves have instead of enhancing or enabling more variety of builds.

Changing jobs itself is great. Although it kills the appeal of alts.

Sophia

I actually like the cross-class ability system, but it's pretty limited because of the attempt to distinguish between a job and a class. Everything worth taking isn't available to my Paladin, for example.

GAF officers and leaders, please check the leadership forum and give me some feedback on my housing guidelines proposal. I want to address some complaints and make gardening open to more people.

I think it is time for some cleanup before the beta begins in preparation for the PS4 horde. If you haven't logged in for a while (60-90 days) or posted an extended leave of absence notice in the forum, pray your god.

If anyone gets kicked due to inactivity and comes back, just apply in-game and we will re-accept you into the FC at any time, as long as you are registered on our website. If you haven't done this yet, please sign up. If you get kicked and never submitted a website application, sign up there first and then re-apply.

The problem with the cross class system are the skills themselves. It would be cool if we could actually get some of the cooler skills in most jobs, but more often than not all you can get are some meh skills.

Of all the things a SCH could get from a WHM, we get fucking Aero and Raise instead.

Raijinken

7Tnrw.png

Sophia

The problem with the cross class system are the skills themselves. It would be cool if we could actually get some of the cooler skills in most jobs, but more often than not all you can get are some meh skills.

Of all the things a SCH could get from a WHM, we get fucking Aero and Raise instead.

You'll take your Aero and you'll LIKE it.

studyguy

Except XIV classes are not named after existing FF jobs. )

Fully expect some class named like 'Scout' leading to a THF & NIN job. Not of the opinion that they shoot off another class, but are infact their own. I'd imagine something like Samurai will just come with the package though on other classes. If there are Ninjas in Doma, there are probably Samurai too, and that I expect to shoot off of an existing class (GLD or otherwise).

Also all you people are too lewd.
Far too lewd with those glamors.
Put some clothes on.

frequency

So my problem with macros I posted earlier seems to be because they changed the macro icon system in 2.2.

You can't just choose from a big list of icons anymore (it's a way smaller list) and need to do /micon "Ability Name"

For emote icons, you have to do
/micon "Emote name" emote

Example:
/micon Beckon emote

Still can't find anything about removing the on screen error message for "Not ready yet" and the accompanying sound though.

Torquill

Conjurer (FFIII)
Arcanist (FFA2)
Gladiator (FFV:A, FFTA)
Archer (Tons)

;)
Pfft tactics don't count. Everyone know that :p. it's in hidden ink in the digital manual. (lol)

I'll give you conj tho. Okay, classes from III that exist only as a pre-version of a later class are exempt! :p

Wilsongt

Pfft tactics don't count. Everyone know that :p. it's in hidden ink in the digital manual. (lol)

I'll give you conj tho. Okay, classes from III that exist only as a pre-version of a later class are exempt! :p

Just making a point that thief is perfectly viable as a class with Ninja being the job.

Torquill

The final NPC text also strongly hints that the org is not thief. They mention something like they have nothing to be ashamed of, they just work better in secret.

My guess is rogue to ninja, with maybe thief. My guess is thief would have more positional stuff and ninja will be um...well there's no elemental system. More ranged attacks cause throw? /shrug

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Leviathan down and I made the barding (Two things are unrelated though, I bought the mats and had it done)

Titan Exe probably still the harder of the primals, I'd say.

omg that looks so cool lol, i only need the ingot, hope i can find someone to make it for me, i am confused about one thing, do you need a armourer or goldsmith to make it??

Wilsongt

Those NPCs were clearly dressed as classical FFT thieves. What else would the class be? Yugiri was also dressed in classic FFT Ninja/FF1 PSP ninja colors.

Plus, they were wielding knives. It's THF/NIN, hands down. Unless they do something strange like Corsair since the job seems to be originating in Limsa Lominsa.

Now, I am more interested to see if Gogo appears in 2.3 for Hildibrand's story.

Those NPCs were clearly dressed as classical FFT thieves. What else would the class be? Yugiri was also dressed in classic FFT Ninja/FF1 PSP ninja colors.

Plus, they were wielding knives. It's THF/NIN, hands down. Unless they do something strange like Corsair since the job seems to be originating in Limsa Lominsa.

Now, I am more interested to see if Gogo appears in 2.3 for Hildibrand's story.
The guild will probably be in Limsa, but it's not a Limsan guild.

Once Corsair happens I guess they'll make Limsa grow like Mor Dhona?

studyguy

Got the healer pants on a clutch greed roll against 4 other players

fuck it, goin' full lancer

RNG pls

Tanaka never pleases.
He does as he wishes.
Praise him long enough and he'll deliver, eventually.

Also lizard people in Mor Dhona following this patch will be wild.
Lizard people! There goes the neighborhood.

Allard

Tanaka never pleases.
He does as he wishes.
Praise him long enough and he'll deliver, eventually.

Also lizard people in Mor Dhona following this patch will be wild.
Lizard people! There goes the neighborhood.

There actually was a new beast tribe added this patch but obviously has not been implemented. It was caught on ffxivdb model viewer, looks like Amalja plus beastly arctic owl. Guessing that is the beast tribe for Shiva and we might see them in 2.25 patch or 2.3 (unless its also preparation for an unannounced expansion or new dungeon).

The Noct Lorica is an unbelievable fashion disaster. The door knockers, the metal abs, the shoulder flanges all add up to something truly hideous. I don't know what Squenix was even thinking. Maybe they really want us to use that Vanity system.

Taruranto

omg that looks so cool lol, i only need the ingot, hope i can find someone to make it for me, i am confused about one thing, do you need a armourer or goldsmith to make it??

Both, Armourer for the barding, Goldsmith for the ingot.

I found mine by checking the Market Board, look at the item signatures.

Teknoman

There actually was a new beast tribe added this patch but obviously has not been implemented. It was caught on ffxivdb model viewer, looks like Amalja plus beastly arctic owl. Guessing that is the beast tribe for Shiva and we might see them in 2.25 patch or 2.3 (unless its also preparation for an unannounced expansion or new dungeon).

Speaking off, I need to snag the model viewer again. Used to speculate so much back in the XI days.

WolvenOne

Aww yeah, 1129K Gil. I'm finally back in the Gillionair club! \o/

Now I can use those myth tomes for stuff that's actually useful! D:

Shouta

I actually really like this system as it gives you a good understanding of how other classes operate. It's particularly helpful if you're a tank, for example, because you can learn the strengths and weaknesses of the other tank, what kind of healing to expect from your healer, the best way to position mobs for your melee party members and so on. True, you can look this all up and have an intellectual understanding, but you can make snap decisions better with actual experience.

That said, it is pretty rigidly set up and it'd be nice if there were more room for weird stuff, like, say, crossing Blizzard 2 to a tank class so you can bind enemies. Or crossing traits as well as skills so you can be a Warrior with a million HP. But I guess that would break the game just a little bit.

The game needs a bit of breaking, honestly. The way the game currently, the only thing separating one player from another is gear. That's fine as one element to differentiating a player but it's bad as the only one. The game needs more wiggly room to make it interesting and they have the base for it. They just need to do something about it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The Noct Lorica is an unbelievable fashion disaster. The door knockers, the metal abs, the shoulder flanges all add up to something truly hideous. I don't know what Squenix was even thinking. Maybe they really want us to use that Vanity system.

Bards made out best this time. huahahaha

Mupod

Levi feels extremely easy as a tank.
Literally do nothing but slap Levi in the face as MT.
Pick up two adds and stun one as OT. It's so nice.

Everyone just has to dodge which is fun as hell.

It's annoying because I play warrior to get all the fun offtank jobs, not the boring MT stuff. But between hallowed ground, silence, and GCD stuns Paladin is perfectly suited to the OT role on that fight - although their aggro generation is put to the test somewhat. I just beat on the head and try to maximize dps, not much else to do. Dodging would be a piece of cake if I was at home on my real internet, but even on this crap connection I do fine.

Hoping to get him down before the weekend now that I've had plenty of practice. But it seems Leviathan groups never show up in the Party Atma Finder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom