• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

After realize that, as a summoner, I'll have to wear the frilly tutu and the top hat... I am more than happy that I purchased my summoner body instead of waiting for spend my sol this week on body.

chrono01

The bottom is the BLM soldiery pants.
The female version, thankfully.

I will probably still Glamour my Soldiery set, since I don't love the way it looks, even the male version, but even if I couldn't at least I wouldn't be wearing a tutu with fishnet stockings.

WolvenOne

It's annoying because I play warrior to get all the fun offtank jobs, not the boring MT stuff. But between hallowed ground, silence, and GCD stuns Paladin is perfectly suited to the OT role on that fight - although their aggro generation is put to the test somewhat. I just beat on the head and try to maximize dps, not much else to do. Dodging would be a piece of cake if I was at home on my real internet, but even on this crap connection I do fine.

Hoping to get him down before the weekend now that I've had plenty of practice. But it seems Leviathan groups never show up in the Party Atma Finder.

Yeah, I'm sure I could Main that fight without too much trouble. I'd have to practice dodging those side splash wave things he does though. I was dodging the knock-off slam easily enough, but that side-splash thing kept getting me. Off Tanking though, well I just don't really have the hang of generating that much burst aggro on that class.

There's probably a way to do it that doesn't rely on chain-stunning that one add, but it doesn't look like anyone has found it yet.

Edit: has anyone tried putting him to sleep? Or paralyzing him? or something?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The female version, thankfully.

I will probably still Glamour my Soldiery set, since I don't love the way it looks, even the male version, but even if I couldn't at least I wouldn't be wearing a tutu with fishnet stockings.

Poor Tina.

chrono01

Poor Tina.
There's no hope for him. :/

Sure, he might say that there's no way he'll wear it, and there's a good chance that he will Glamour it away as soon as he equips it. However, we can never forget that underneath it all he's still wearing a tutu/fishnets.

He cannot deny it.

WolvenOne

BTW, GAF Warriors.

I've been playing around with armor builds today, and surprisingly it's not all that difficult to construct armor sets that're a very substantial improvement in both Accuracy, Perry, and Vitality, assuming Oil's of time drop at a half decent rate anyway.

Bit of advice though, hold onto the Hero's Ring of Fending. Since it has ACC, Perry, and Vitality on it, it's overall better then the High Allagan fending ring, which only has slightly higher Perry and no accuracy.

Edit: Not all that difficult to do it with mostly Soldiery armor, that is.

Edit 2: I'm not using the High Allagan axe either, since few people are going to have that for a long long time.

Ewww no. Mira plz

By unique you mean bad.

Odoru has a decent look going with his, just don't take it serious and it works!

prWEQyY.png

BTW, GAF Warriors.

I've been playing around with armor builds today, and surprisingly it's not all that difficult to construct armor sets that're a very substantial improvement in both Accuracy, Perry, and Vitality, assuming Oil's of time drop at a half decent rate anyway.

Bit of advice though, hold onto the Hero's Ring of Fending. Since it has ACC, Perry, and Vitality on it, it's overall better then the High Allagan fending ring, which only has slightly higher Perry and no accuracy.

More Perry is always welcome!
Perry_the_Platypus.png

Sorry, I had to

Zomba13

The Noct Lorica is an unbelievable fashion disaster. The door knockers, the metal abs, the shoulder flanges all add up to something truly hideous. I don't know what Squenix was even thinking. Maybe they really want us to use that Vanity system.

Aye. the Tank body suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Looks OKish as a Warrior piece, like big ass smashy smashy grrr tank but it's ugly. The other classes get sweet looking things.

WolvenOne

Aye. the Tank body suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Looks OKish as a Warrior piece, like big ass smashy smashy grrr tank but it's ugly. The other classes get sweet looking things.

It's grown on me a bit, but I'm a warrior so it fits my overall look. I may vanity it later though.

I like it. Then again, I'm a bit tired of the Paladin AF look. I was going to vanity the Allagan set but I'm still missing the most important part (chest).

studyguy

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Lorica looks bad.
It's a WAR piece through and through. Not PLD at all... even on my highlander it makes me look awkward.

BTW, GAF Warriors.

Edit: Not all that difficult to do it with mostly Soldiery armor, that is.

Edit 2: I'm not using the High Allagan axe either, since few people are going to have that for a long long time.

I was checking out my build and I already have an Allagan Helm so adding a Noct Ring and some food should put my ACC where it needs to be to use the Wave Battleaxe. If I add the Noct pants or feet in a week or two I'll be fine on ACC without food.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Lorica looks bad.
It's a WAR piece through and through. Not PLD at all... even on my highlander it makes me look awkward.

Why are people acting like Warriors have no fashion sense? I'm a WAR and I think it's ugly as sin. Also I'm a cute and fluffy cat WAR, I don't do smashy smashy grrr tanking.

WolvenOne

I was checking out my build and I already have an Allagan Helm so adding a Noct Ring and some food should put my ACC where it needs to be to use the Wave Battleaxe. If I add the Noct pants or feet in a week or two I'll be fine on ACC without food.

This is the build I'm aiming for, before I start Second Coil in earnest.

http://xivdb.com/?wardrobe/10507/2.2-Pre-Second-Coil-BiS

If I get Turn 6 down before getting this set of course, that's all the better.

Zomba13

Why are people acting like Warriors have no fashion sense? I'm a WAR and I think it's ugly as sin. Also I'm a cute and fluffy cat WAR, I don't do smashy smashy grrr tanking.
I see the WAR as a more barbaric tank. PLD are knights in shiny armour while WAR wear the skin of their fallen foes and go berserk with a big axe.

IMBored

Ps3 players, I just nekroed a 40Gb PS3 just so I can install and register my CE. How large is the game, with all updates? Will it even fit?

UrSuLeTzU

Levi EX down 3 times today and I got my weathered caster chest. Pretty good day which I'm not going to ruin by starting to farm atma.

Number45

Ps3 players, I just nekroed a 40Gb PS3 just so I can install and register my CE. How large is the game, with all updates? Will it even fit?
Hmm, not sure how much is reserved for the OS but I think the total install size is around 20GB (after patches). I'll try and get on and check shortly if you haven't got a more definitive answer by then.

Where are you based?

BadRNG

I like everything about the tank piece except for the fake plate abs. Might as well throw in some nipples and complete that awful design.

Got turn 6 to 5% last night.

Soooo close
Dem feels. Same thing happened to us, 5% wipe. Hoping we can kill the stupid plant tonight.

It's going to be funny to watch how fast she burns in a few weeks as people get new gear. Even in i90 she dies so fast.

chrono01

Got turn 6 to 5% last night.

Soooo close
Haha, so did we. Did you use the burn strategy or feeding the slug/slime? We used the burn strategy, but it occurred to us afterwards that if we did a few things differently, we probably would have had it. Trying it again tonight!

Best of luck to you and your group.

IMBored

Hmm, not sure how much is reserved for the OS but I think the total install size is around 20GB (after patches). I'll try and get on and check shortly if you haven't got a more definitive answer by then.

Where are you based?

Europe.

To update, I installed the disk and registered the license to my account (it shows up on the mogstation), that I hope is enough for the transfer. the game is currently installing a 5Gb update from 2013, that I doubt will be the final one.

Number45

Europe.

To update, I installed the disk and registered the license to my account (it shows up on the mogstation), that I hope is enough for the transfer. the game is currently installing a 5Gb update from 2013, that I doubt will be the final one.
As soon as my wife's done watching this crappy rom-com (It's nowhere near Christmas ITV, you're drunk) I'll check my install. I might have a spare HDD somewhere that I can get to you if you're struggling for room . :)

IMBored

As soon as my wife's done watching this crappy rom-com (It's nowhere near Christmas ITV, you're drunk) I'll check my install. I might have a spare HDD somewhere that I can get to you if you're struggling for room . :)

Thanks, but no need, I have a 80Gb HDD I could use. The only problem is, I literally lifted this console from the dead (YLOD) so I don't know how much time it has. Judging from the noise the fans are making tough, not enough to install the firmware, the disk and updates again.

But really, many thanks for the offer.

Number45

OK, I have 8517MB for the main game application and about 1MB in save data. Seems low, and there's nothing at all in game data. :s

IMBored

OK, I have 8517MB for the main game application and about 1MB in save data. Seems low, and there's nothing at all in game data. :s

Great news, the 5gb update was actually all of them combined, I'm about to start playing. Final question, I'm from EU, and they're recommending me Eu servers, however Ragnarock isn't allowing character creation. Is Ultros ok for us Eu folk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom