• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosher

The game needs a bit of breaking, honestly. The way the game currently, the only thing separating one player from another is gear. That's fine as one element to differentiating a player but it's bad as the only one. The game needs more wiggly room to make it interesting and they have the base for it. They just need to do something about it.

Not to mention that gear is also incredibly boring. No interesting sub stats, proc effects, set bonuses etc.

I really hope Square takes a strong look at character customization and gear itemization for the existing classes before they start pumping out a whole bunch of new jobs.

Noi

I feel lonely in my liking of the tank chest piece. I just had to do a bit of glamouring and worked up an ok looking set built around it, with the bonus of removing the huge arm bangle things from it.

onixsunblade04_02_20168u54.png

onixsunblade04_02_201zbu8v.png

onixsunblade04_02_201n3uhd.png

Teknoman

I've asked questions before about elemental resistance, but do they really have a discernible effect on the amount of damage you take from an elemental based attack? I've seen high level fire, wind, etc. materia to boost said resistances...but i'd like for them to be more of a focus in elemental aspected battles.

EDIT: Anyone else like to take "nature" shots? Heres some recent stuff plus standard adventure shots.

533b7499a068d644d7eb77a3.jpg

533b74c0a068d644d606f430.jpg

533b74eea068d644d606f438.jpg

533b7523a068d644d606f43c.jpg

533b753fa068d644d7eb77b8.jpg

533b755ca068d644d7eb77c0.jpg

(No disagreements lol, just turned out that way)

533b75d5a068d644d7eb77d3.jpg

533b75f0a068d644d606f44d.jpg

533b7670a068d644d7eb77e1.jpg

533b769da068d644d606f471.jpg

533b76c1a068d644d7eb7816.jpg

533b7dbca068d644d606f566.jpg

533b7e1ba068d644d606f577.jpg

533b7e62a068d644d7eb790b.jpg

533b7ef2a068d644d606f592.jpg

533b7fdea068d644d7eb7939.jpg

dcye

Great news, the 5gb update was actually all of them combined, I'm about to start playing. Final question, I'm from EU, and they're recommending me Eu servers, however Ragnarock isn't allowing character creation. Is Ultros ok for us Eu folk?

US and EU servers are both in the same place, apart from timezone differences there's literally no difference.

Tomorrow I will get my tutu...which will be promptly vanitied to a sailor shirt.

Who out there can make the 3 star mats? I'm saving up for that suarian tabard of aiming (Got the Saurian skins at least)

Teknoman

My next targets will be the first 5 turns, some gentlemanly stuff, and Garuda EX.

Leviathan HM while easy, is pretty exciting, and pretty close to how I envisioned it :D Waves everywhere and the entire boat shifts people off to the side, sea spray blasting all.The phase 2 music grows on you after awhile and is definitely good for the fight. Phase 1 is Captain Ahab tier.

I wish Leviathan had a VA, probably would've sounded like something from Romancing SaGa PS2.

Yopis

Is it still possible to join you guys with gaf guild? Had a lvl 30 months ago on Goblin server. Joined with a few friends. They no longer play anymore. Really miss this game and jumping back in with PS4 launch.

Probably starting over fresh, but would love to work my way back, up and play with you guys sometime. This thread brought me back along with my love of mmo's.

Is it still possible to join you guys with gaf guild? Had a lvl 30 months ago on Goblin server. Joined with a few friends. They no longer play anymore. Really miss this game and jumping back in with PS4 launch.

Probably starting over fresh, but would love to work my way back, up and play with you guys sometime. This thread brought me back along with my love of mmo's.

Sure, there is plenty of room!

Noi

Managed to get Atmas #2-5 today, all of them one La Noscea. Kinda kicking myself cause I spent a good while trying to get one in Eastern La Noscea before I realized there weren't any there (and felt really dumb cause that would explain the reason why there seemed to be no one there, heh).

Ken

So like what are the most important cross class skills for BRD?

Second Wind, Internal Release, Invigorate, Blood for Blood, and whatever for the last one. I think I have Mantra on mine.

I don't know why I said Quelling Strikes. Guess I was thinking BLM for a second.

WolvenOne

Halfway through the Atma grind.

Kinda odd, I got one Atma, moved to a new zone, did a single fate, and got another immediately. Used up my luck for the night though, since that was the very last one for the night. XD

Also, if anyone has tips for dodging Leviathan's little emergence spots, I'd love to hear them. I pugged a little practice tonight and it felt like I was getting better at it, but, I'm still not entirely there yet. Basically what I know so far is. Get close-ish to the center (but not quite there,) after Leviathan dives. Rotate the camera so you can see as much of the boat as possible, then run to the opposite side of where a water spout shows up. Where I get in trouble, is when I don't see a water spout, or I see it a little late. Usually I'm still far enough in to avoid being knocked off, but not to avoid damage.

Also, going to try putting together a static group of my own soonish here.

Second Wind, Internal Release, Invigorate, Blood for Blood, and whatever for the last one. I think I have Mantra on mine.

I don't know why I said Quelling Strikes. Guess I was thinking BLM for a second.

Drat...well I guess I will be leveling up my LNC some more...

Thanks.

Ken

If you have an audio system with decent surround sound, those can help you quickly locate the splash (they do for me, at least). Could also do the whole process of elimination thing visually. The time between splash and charge is actually pretty lengthy.

kiryogi

Banned
Halfway through the Atma grind.

Kinda odd, I got one Atma, moved to a new zone, did a single fate, and got another immediately. Used up my luck for the night though, since that was the very last one for the night. XD

Also, if anyone has tips for dodging Leviathan's little emergence spots, I'd love to hear them. I pugged a little practice tonight and it felt like I was getting better at it, but, I'm still not entirely there yet. Basically what I know so far is. Get close-ish to the center (but not quite there,) after Leviathan dives. Rotate the camera so you can see as much of the boat as possible, then run to the opposite side of where a water spout shows up. Where I get in trouble, is when I don't see a water spout, or I see it a little late. Usually I'm still far enough in to avoid being knocked off, but not to avoid damage.

Also, going to try putting together a static group of my own soonish here.

Correct, head back to the center and rotate the camera the direction he dived in. And do the same thing for the 2nd dive. Center is usually the best for giving you enough time to react.

WolvenOne

Correct, head back to the center and rotate the camera the direction he dived in. And do the same thing for the 2nd dive. Center is usually the best for giving you enough time to react.

Facing the direction he just dived in, or placed roughly in the same space he just dived in?

If it's the later, does that mean he never uses a Waterspout in the same spot he just dived down to? If so, that simplifies things a little.

Edit: You know, in it's own way, this game hasn't done players any real favor in giving so many bosses that consistently display aoe indicators that could be read from a mile away. In terms of the timing involved this seems far easier then Titan EM, but of course, most of Titan's moves were very clearly broadcasted, even if the timing for dodging them was pretty tight.

WolvenOne

If you have an audio system with decent surround sound, those can help you quickly locate the splash (they do for me, at least). Could also do the whole process of elimination thing visually. The time between splash and charge is actually pretty lengthy.

One of these days I'm going to learn to respond to multiple people at once, I swear.

Anyhow, I use a headset, so I'm stuck with stereo. You're right that it's a fairly lengthy time until the attack typically hits, which is why I'm usually fine (ish,) if I'm a little late in seeing it.

Number45

Need to pair my PS3 keyboard with my PS4 later in preparation for the beta tomorrow. Hopefully pressing the PS button on the keyboard won't spring the PS3 into life or I'll have to start switching it off at the back!

Or I could just accept the fact that I'll never use the PS3 version and un-pair it. And save myself £55 into the bargain.

kiryogi

Banned
Facing the direction he just dived in, or placed roughly in the same space he just dived in?

If it's the later, does that mean he never uses a Waterspout in the same spot he just dived down to? If so, that simplifies things a little.

Edit: You know, in it's own way, this game hasn't done players any real favor in giving so many bosses that consistently display aoe indicators that could be read from a mile away. In terms of the timing involved this seems far easier then Titan EM, but of course, most of Titan's moves were very clearly broadcasted, even if the timing for dodging them was pretty tight.

In more intricate detail

Dive: This is the attack that goes from north to south and back, or vice versa. The way to dodge it is to first take note of which side of the arena Leviathan is at and ensure your camera faces that direction. His first dive will be from that side, in one of two positions. It is best to stand roughly 1/4 of the way from the north or south end of the arena for the best chance of getting away from them. He will then dive across the arena and perform another dive from the opposite end so spin your camera around after dodging the first.

WolvenOne

In more intricate detail

Ah, so there is some semblance of order to his attack pattern. So I have have to get some sense for it so I'm not, "entirely," reacting, and can instead anticipate where the attack is going to be coming from next.

Edit: re-reading that peragraph a second time, the pattern seems fairly simple. So hopefully I'll have it next time I go in.

Totakeke

This is the best guide to leviathan positioning.

I use it and rarely get hit and have never been knocked off since.

It's really less complicated than it seems, most of it is a repeating pattern.

Ken

[NA] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hotfixes (Apr. 3, 2014)
The following issues have been addressed.
An issue wherein monsters in the dungeon "The Lost City of Amdapor" occasionally ceased to attack.
An issue wherein a player’s character occasionally became uncontrollable while in the dungeon "The Lost City of Amdapor."
An issue wherein pets occasionally stopped taking damage while in the instance "Thornmarch (Extreme)."
An issue wherein the FATE "Steel Reign" would not spawn.
An issue wherein if a server had crashed after a player had used a master recipe book, the effect gained from the book was occasionally lost.
An issue wherein servers would crash under certain circumstances.
An issue wherein if a player joined an instance via Duty Finder and then re-logged while in the instance, they were removed from the instance upon logging back into the game.
An issue wherein if a player’s retainer equipped an item that had their appearance changed via glamours, the appearance of the item occasionally did not display correctly.
An issue wherein if a free company master had not logged in for a while, the rights to the master occasionally did not automatically transfer over to the correct member.
An issue wherein the category "Crop Disposal" was missing from the list of master privileges for free companies.
An issue wherein the short message of a free company would not reflect properly on to the Lodestone.

hotfixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom