• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xux

Darn, the hotfix didn't fix the typo in the Up in Arms page where it lists Central Thanalan twice...after I was totally trolled by it earlier after farming an hour there and getting a second Scales Atma. Guess I can't be too mad since I totally remember reading about that. :/

Anyway, another two hour session farming for my fifth Atma didn't turn up anything so my goal of getting it this week looks like it might not happen.

Moaradin

Darn, the hotfix didn't fix the typo in the Up in Arms page where it lists Central Thanalan twice...after I was totally trolled by it earlier after farming an hour there and getting a second Scales Atma. Guess I can't be too mad since I totally remember reading about that. :/

Anyway, another two hour session farming for my fifth Atma didn't turn up anything so my goal of getting it this week looks like it might not happen.

Holy shit, this is a thing? I spent hours trying to get that Atma after getting the scale one in only a few minutes...

Where is it actually at?

Xux

Holy shit, this is a thing? I spent hours trying to get that Atma after getting the scale one in only a few minutes...

Where is it actually at?
Yup. Atma of the Maiden's in Central Shroud. There's also no "Central La Noscea" but that's not as bad of a screw up.

I see no mention of instance lag fixes in there. :(

They might still be working on this. The last update was that they were working on resolving the issue and that they wouldn't need to do maintenance or take the servers down to address the problem.

I had one instance of brief lag on Tuesday and nothing else since. I've run at least 9-10 dungeons since then.

Number45

They might still be working on this. The last update was that they were working on resolving the issue and that they wouldn't need to do maintenance or take the servers down to address the problem.

I had one instance of brief lag on Tuesday and nothing else since. I've run at least 9-10 dungeons since then.
Cool, hopefully it's better. I did Haukke Manor a couple of times, failed (well we didn't fail but I found it impossible to hold aggro) and decided to hold off until it gets fixed. Not the ideal way to learn a new instance!

kierwynn

Odoru has a decent look going with his, just don't take it serious and it works!

lttp but tutu haters need to stop having such terrible taste. I've been pushing him to get the tutu since the first moment I saw it and now that he has it I can see that it's just as glorious as I thought it would be. <3

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
If you have an audio system with decent surround sound, those can help you quickly locate the splash (they do for me, at least). Could also do the whole process of elimination thing visually. The time between splash and charge is actually pretty lengthy.

The only times you should ever have to spin the camera or listen for splashes is the slams. The charges are 100% viewable if you know where to face your camera.

Watch the fish's face. When it goes into the water, find the nearest corner to the head's entry point. Face your camera to that corner so you can see the 2 possible edges the charge will come from and dodge accordingly.

The camera spinning adds way too much to RNG. Just predict the movements and stop spinning the camera.

WolvenOne

The only times you should ever have to spin the camera or listen for splashes is the slams. The charges are 100% viewable if you know where to face your camera.

Watch the fish's face. When it goes into the water, find the nearest corner to the head's entry point. Face your camera to that corner so you can see the 2 possible edges the charge will come from and dodge accordingly.

The camera spinning adds way too much to RNG. Just predict the movements and stop spinning the camera.

Yeah that was my problem last night. Didn't know that move was so predictable, so I was spinning my camera all over.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah that was my problem last night. Didn't know that move was so predictable, so I was spinning my camera all over.

You would be surprised how many people still think the charges are random. No matter how many times I explain it or visually show them with markers; they refuse to learn.

Once you learn how to predict the charges, the fight is as easy as Garuda EX. The hardest part is finding other people who can predict the charges.

studyguy

My static took a giant hit as two people dropped.
We've been farming T1-T5 for DRG drops for a new person and what the fuck?
NO DRG DROPS IN TWO DAYS AFTER MONTHS OF NOTHING BUT DRG/MNK.

Tanaka pls.

Aeana

Mostly people learning where to run to break the thorns, as soon as they knew the tank and person with the spore positions.
We still have the occasional mishap with the thorns, but yeah, people got a lot better about moving the right ways. And I always throw down sacred soil before the thorn/spore combo so that the damage from the thorns is reduced if people don't break them fast enough. I think people just pick it up intuitively, because the decisions that other players make aren't random. They tend to favor one direction or another. One of the benefits of a static, I'd say.

WolvenOne

Mostly people learning where to run to break the thorns, as soon as they knew the tank and person with the spore positions.

Gotta say, that is an annoying mechanic. Since you have to move and rotate the plant nearly constantly to make Dodge space for the none Tanks, but have to do it slowly, to prevent any Dps or healer from getting caught by a cleave.

Aeana

Gotta say, that is an annoying mechanic. Since you have to move and rotate the plant nearly constantly to make Dodge space for the none Tanks, but have to do it slowly, to prevent any Dps or healer from getting caught by a cleave.
We actually don't rotate it that much. Occasionally when it's really necessary, but otherwise nah. The cleave isn't super dangerous because it happens on a set rotation so everybody should know when it's coming and try not to be in range of it at that time.

Madchad

tip for people on turn 6 still.

when its doing its aoe 1 shot ability press a button to target a fellow party member instead of using esc or turning around.

Taruranto

If you have an audio system with decent surround sound, those can help you quickly locate the splash (they do for me, at least). Could also do the whole process of elimination thing visually. The time between splash and charge is actually pretty lengthy.

Yeah, a decent camera positioning + audio lets you see them pretty well. Takes a bit of pratice, but It's not harder than, say, Ifrit's dodge during Ultima HM.

Wilsongt

I seriously need to run T4. The only problem is, the only PF popping up are "have experience ONRY"

Time to start a learning party tonight!

Isaccard

The PS4 players are coming tomorrow, don't log off in in town, heh.

GAF house is probably a safe place since it's usually empty

studyguy

The PS4 players are coming tomorrow, don't log off in in town, heh.

GAF house is probably a safe place since it's usually empty

I feel bad for all the new players since people are ripping prices on low level gear for people who are too lazy to NPC it on retainer ventures.

Wilsongt

I feel bad for all the new players since people are ripping prices on low level gear for people who are too lazy to NPC it on retainer ventures.

I noticed this. I was trying to outfit my retainer with low level gathering gear and jesus price ares are up. yeah, I should just craft it myself but...

aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif

Also, it's been a long, long time since I logged off in town, lol. I used to log off in Horizon all the time until after we got a house. Now I just port home and log off. I am still in the blue with bonus exp and I've been leveling three crafting jobs and whm for weeks, lol

studyguy

I noticed this. I was trying to outfit my retainer with low level gathering gear and jesus price ares are up. yeah, I should just craft it myself but...

aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif

Also, it's been a long, long time since I logged off in town, lol. I used to log off in Horizon all the time until after we got a house. Now I just port home and log off. I am still in the blue with bonus exp and I've been leveling three crafting jobs and whm for weeks, lol

Nothing like seeing weathered swords and pickaxes at 3k when you can get them from npc for like 70gil.

WolvenOne

We actually don't rotate it that much. Occasionally when it's really necessary, but otherwise nah. The cleave isn't super dangerous because it happens on a set rotation so everybody should know when it's coming and try not to be in range of it at that time.

Probably a lot less stressful on the Tanks, if the DPS are keeping the Briar's down to a reasonable size. In the group I tried T6 with they were getting to cover most of the battle ground quite frequently, so I or the other tank had to adjust nearly constantly.

Doesn't help when you hear people essentially saying, "Do something fast! BUT DO IT SLOWLY!" O_O?!

Edit: I mentioned this last night, but what I'm probably going to do is create a static, probably of people whom have either recently beat T5, or are close to it, and focus on putting it onto farm status as a means of skilling/gearing up. I'll probably have to recruit at least some members outside the FC though, since there aren't all that many people whom fit that description, whom aren't already in stable statics.

WolvenOne

Character Configuration > Control Settings > General Tab > Camera Speed (Analog Stick) all the way at the bottom.

Oh, thanks, I'll have to mess with that when I get home. It's not usually a problem, but I hate losing time in fights where rotating the camera 180 degrees is a frequent necessity.

See: Titan and Leviathan EM.

Aeana

Probably a lot less stressful on the Tanks, if the DPS are keeping the Briar's down to a reasonable size. In the group I tried T6 with they were getting to cover most of the battle ground quite frequently, so I or the other tank had to adjust nearly constantly.

Doesn't help when you hear people essentially saying, "Do something fast! BUT DO IT SLOWLY!" O_O?!

Edit: I mentioned this last night, but what I'm probably going to do is create a static, probably of people whom have either recently beat T5, or are close to it, and focus on putting it onto farm status as a means of skilling/gearing up. I'll probably have to recruit at least some members outside the FC though, since there aren't all that many people whom fit that description, whom aren't already in stable statics.
If your DPS isn't good enough to get that center briar down before it gets bigger then I can see how things could go south very quickly. It's possible to recover from it, but it sure is a pain in the butt. One of the very first things we worked on was making sure everybody was looking for the center briar spawn every time briars drop and getting on it immediately. There can be unfortunate timings with a bee and a center briar which can make it tough, but usually it all works out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom