• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

Don't feel bad, the bulk of content even now can be done in full darklight, and it doesn't take very long to upgrade these days.

Just run Crystal Tower a few times, to grab some ilvl80 gear and Myth tome. Then you can either start saving up for Myth Tome armor, or run the first few turns of Coil for ilvl90 gear.

Or you can just Vanity your artifact armor, that works too.

Feel free to ignore CT unless you're like me and have nothing better to do than test the boundaries of your sanity or have a clever answer to the infamous "why are you doing CT?!"

RK9039

Don't feel bad, the bulk of content even now can be done in full darklight, and it doesn't take very long to upgrade these days.

Just run Crystal Tower a few times, to grab some ilvl80 gear and Myth tome. Then you can either start saving up for Myth Tome armor, or run the first few turns of Coil for ilvl90 gear.

Or you can just Vanity your artifact armor, that works too.

Thanks, I will try that.

Alucrid

Banned
So how close to the boss do you have to be when you see the yellow dot?

Can you still do it if there is a small patch in the middle?

Any videos of this? I'm assuming it's like dodging pic in turn 4.

Basically once you see the yellow dot disappear you want to run past the boss so that you run tangent to its targeting circle.

Taruranto

I'm afraid I'll be no longer able to kill any FATE mob in Wester Thanalan once they open the floodgates of the PS4 version.

And when do we get the Fat Chocobo anyway?

Teknoman

Im hooked on the inspector.

That being said, coil LS subset members or just GAF in general, still looking forward to running through the first 5 turns.

Xux

So far I'm liking how these new beast men quests aren't a pain to do...yet. I expect this to change soon.
If there's anything that isn't negative or insulting about the Atma quest, it's probably that I have a bunch of the daily FATE items.

Sorian

Banned
Downed levi twice today. Here's the wave bow twice :p Did have 3! things drop from the second one, bow, pld shield, and whm shild. Was pretty neat.

Korezo

If I transfer to Ultros will I be able join the FC? I quit the game because I was basically pugging everything on Excalibur and that was just terrible.

Stuart444

If I transfer to Ultros will I be able join the FC? I quit the game because I was basically pugging everything on Excalibur and that was just terrible.

Yes, just apply on the FC website and then find any gaf member in-game, look up the FC info on them and submit an application there.

FatalT

Banned
T-minus 1 hour until the PS4 phase 2 beta floodgates open! I rolled a character on Excalibur so hopefully it won't be too crowded since it's one of the restricted character creation worlds.

Marceles

T-minus 1 hour until the PS4 phase 2 beta floodgates open! I rolled a character on Excalibur so hopefully it won't be too crowded since it's one of the restricted character creation worlds.

Oh it starts in another hour? Cool. Can't wait to get off of PS3 for good

Don't know how you guys grind for hours and hours straight for Atmas, I usually do FATE's as I'm doing other stuff and at most 30 minutes of Atma grinding.

Marceles

Don't know how you guys grind for hours and hours straight for Atmas, I usually do FATE's as I'm doing other stuff and at most 30 minutes of Atma grinding.

I do other stuff while grinding. Might play Wii U or watch YouTube/Netflix etc. until a FATE pops. I might do a dungeon in between if I get frustrated on the drops, but most of the time it's not that bad. The only Atma that has killed me was the East Shroud one. It took like 4 hrs one day, then another hour the next day for it to finally drop.

Well I decided to camp around one spot for FATEs. Seems to be working so far.

....I suppose that is one way to deal with it. Beats running around trying to catch a FATE before the frenzied mob attacks it.

There really shouldn't have been any RNG in this. Having flashbacks to awful XII drop rates...

Stuart444

....I suppose that is one way to deal with it. Beats running around trying to catch a FATE before the frenzied mob attacks it.

There really shouldn't have been any RNG in this. Having flashbacks to awful XII drop rates...

I don't mind if there is RNG, I just think there should be far better drop rates than there is.

Jomjom

Banned
I just run around hitting a couple mobs in the fate and run off to the next one, since theres no need to get gold or even stay until the end of the fate.

I don't mind if there is RNG, I just think there should be far better drop rates than there is.

I dunno, a grind made needesly long with a RNG factor doesn't seem the right way to go...especially when they keep tying stuff to FATE's. Though the FATE thing is probably their way of helping lower level players.

Why not for each Atma, we have to fight a classic FF boss, just buffed up?

Stuart444

So I just saw this:

Lots of pretty screenshots

over on Reddit where they make use of the light up sun minion to take some pretty good screenshots.

Also here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cda9354befff54e790ef7a6032653249beea43b1

Players can now carry over configuration settings including hotbar and macro settings from the PlayStation®3 version. After starting the launcher, select "Transfer Character Data," then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Character data to be transferred:
Cross Hotbars
Gear Sets
Macros
Log Filter Settings
Keybinds

edit:

I dunno, a grind made needesly long with a RNG factor doesn't seem the right way to go...especially when they keep tying stuff to FATE's. Though the FATE thing is probably their way of helping lower level players.

Why not for each Atma, we have to fight a classic FF boss, just buffed up?

I'd like that but it would make thinks take a lot less time so people will be back to saying "There is nothing to do now" or something like that quicker than they will currently with this grind. (though it really sucks since you need over 13000 myth as well just to get the animus weapon, people with more than one relic are screwed more or less unless they wish to farm that 13000 myth each time along with the atma and then the grinding in the books)

*shrugs* just the way it is though I'm expecting drop rate increase by patch 2.25

Jomjom

Banned
So I just saw this:

Lots of pretty screenshots

over on Reddit where they make use of the light up sun minion to take some pretty good screenshots.

Also here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cda9354befff54e790ef7a6032653249beea43b1

edit:

I'd like that but it would make thinks take a lot less time so people will be back to saying "There is nothing to do now" or something like that quicker than they will currently with this grind. (though it really sucks since you need over 13000 myth as well just to get the animus weapon, people with more than one relic are screwed more or less unless they wish to farm that 13000 myth each time along with the atma and then the grinding in the books)

*shrugs* just the way it is though I'm expecting drop rate increase by patch 2.25

Whats the light up sun minion?

Teknoman

Do they mean Dalamud? Or is there a new minion?

EDIT:

Firstly, to get the minion you have to go to the Isles of Umbra, go to the very bottom left and find a Magic Pot. Trade an Elixir to it in exchange for the minion.

Not Dalamud.

Im gonna have to try this. Was just talking about how Magic pots changed taste here lol.

Stuart444

Whats the light up sun minion?

check the reddit link, it details where to get it.

edit: for the lazy or for where reddit is blocked:

Firstly, to get the minion you have to go to the Isles of Umbra, go to the very bottom left and find a Magic Pot. Trade an Elixir to it in exchange for the minion.

That gives you the wind-up sun minion

Ken

ikY8SdJoyhi3K.png

iby8NwlEHSHQxN.png

Marceles

Well this sucks, it's still showing my launcher is outdated even though I did the "open beta 2" PS Store thing. Might have to do a redownload sigh

If your client has a "β version" marking on the logo, it's the outdated one. You have to delete it and download the new client which says it's the FINAL version.

I discovered this a few hours ago and got it re-downloaded. I'm watching the first-time setup bar slowly crawling along at the moment in the launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom