• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooo Curtana Atma and Holy Shield Atma get.

gyR818M.jpg

SMN's can use swords and shields now? I have missed out.

Torquill

Man, I seem to have the oddest luck with Atma's. Back to back, first Fate's of the evening, how does RNG even work! XD

No I'm not bragging, it's just weird how, "random," things work sometimes.
I know right? It's like there's no rhyme or reason to it. Like its...random! :D

Is the FFXIV Mumble down?

Received this today:

DNS Related Issue - April 4th 08:40 AM EST

Dear Clients,

Earlier this morning we encountered a DNS related issue that resulted on our websites being temporarily offline.
Unfortunately, this also caused anyone using their hostname and/or custom hostname to be unable to connect to their server.
Since then, we have resolved this problem and everything appears to be back up and running.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Sounds like it should be fixed now. Let me know if you still can't connect.

plake

Oh man, it feels so good to play this game at the moment knowing this is my final play through and I will keep this character.
Having played four (4!) betas and several beta phases of this game does that to you...

Hoping to get accepted into GAF soon so I can use my new shiny (and expensive) keyboard!
Name's Dani Branford btw!

Wilsongt

I managed to get 1 atma last night! Woo!

I also, for some stupid reason, decided to play my gladiator a bit the last couple of nights and did a couple of dungeons. I suck at keeping hate, but it doesn't help that I was in a party with a full i90 SCH with an Atma in NM Halatali.

I need to sit down and do T4 and start failing constantly at Tits X so I can finally get to Levi X and maybe an upgraded weapon sometime soon.

WolvenOne

I managed to get 1 atma last night! Woo!

I also, for some stupid reason, decided to play my gladiator a bit the last couple of nights and did a couple of dungeons. I suck at keeping hate, but it doesn't help that I was in a party with a full i90 SCH with an Atma in NM Halatali.

I need to sit down and do T4 and start failing constantly at Tits X so I can finally get to Levi X and maybe an upgraded weapon sometime soon.

You can do it, I believe in you!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
First time playing after a long while, in a beginner dungeon no less, and these people are already unwelcoming as hell. Some people just create way too much stress for this kind of thing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
First time playing after a long while, in a beginner dungeon no less, and these people are already unwelcoming as hell. Some people just create way too much stress for this kind of thing.

I got kicked out of Bray HM last night by the FC, because I wasn't going fast enough, or died too quick, or haven't played enough in the month I've been playing to farm enough tomes for high level gear.

Something like that :p

dramatis

I got kicked out of Bray HM last night by the FC, because I wasn't going fast enough, or died too quick, or haven't played enough in the month I've been playing to farm enough tomes for high level gear.

Who kicked you out of a party from GAF?

Lonestar

No names, because he apologized, but I will continue to poke fun. It's just one of those thangs :p

I have enough Tomes to grab a hands/feet/leg gear, and really came close to getting one, but then I think, if I just make it to 900, I can either do the Zenith Relic thing, or grab the body gear. Decisions!

If I wait to 900, that should be about the same time I cap Soldierlyiery, and that can be another arm/feet/leg/head thing, too

Wilsongt

You can report them for harassment. Even if I get shitty tanks I stick with it and don't complain. Not everyone is a master mmo player. Skill level varies.

Aeana

Wait, what? We need to talk about this if you're serious.
EDIT: Didn't see the message above. Still, though!

Zomba13

lol kicking someone from an FC party is reaching new heights of dickheadery.

Yeah this. If it was like, a party with one other FC member where the other two members voted on the kick then it's fine. 1 FC member voting not to kick would lose against the other two so is powerless to stop anything.

If it was 2 or more FC members then that's shitty.

Astra

My first few dungeons, I was lucky enough to get a really nice tank. It wasn't long before I encountered assholes, thought. Endgame is especially bad for really rude and impatient people. Just point and laugh at them for taking a video game so damn seriously.

studyguy

One of my FC members needed Tidus Hard Mode last night.
Completely blanked and was like yeah okay, went in without knowing we were DFing so I was like where the fuck is this tank swap.

Had no Shield Oath on.
Was fighting with this other PLD wondering why the fuck he was trying to steal hate and why I'd never met him if we were in an FC only party.
Then I realized I had Sword Oath on, that Titan was HM and that I had completely forgotten the rotation for HM.

Like I was doing whatever the fuck for the first few minutes and the random DF PLD still gave me a commendation me after I asked 'Wait who the fuck is this guy?' in chat?
Sounds like whatever but I was so confused for some reason... oh well.

Tex117

Banned
This has probably been asked but is the new download up on Playstation Network (ps4)

I cannot seem to find where I can download it!

Lonestar

This has probably been asked but is the new download up on Playstation Network (ps4)

I cannot seem to find where I can download it!

I think I found it on the Demo page of PSN, and on the "all" or Recent page of that. I'm not at the console to know which it was, just know that it was buried in the store, for some reason.

My first few dungeons, I was lucky enough to get a really nice tank. It wasn't long before I encountered assholes, thought. Endgame is especially bad for really rude and impatient people. Just point and laugh at them for taking a video game so damn seriously.

That's what I came across, but I think the worse guy was a public Dragoon. So, I just figure he hates being a dragoon so much, that he wants to share that hate with everyone.

I could gain Tomes faster with Roulette, but I just know there's a bunch of assholes out there, so I'll just stick with the slow process of building parties in FC.

When I was first leveling up I met like a single asshole tank in all the duties I did, so I was kinda blessed to not see dickwads until I started doing level 50 content.

That said there were many times where I wanted to be a complete prick to some people - like this one time we got wiped at Sastasha some fucking how or that massively undergeared Warrior over at Amdapor that didn't have provoke so clearing the last room of mobs was essentially impossible - but thankfully I have a lot of self control and just keep it to myself.

Tex117

Banned
I think I found it on the Demo page of PSN, and on the "all" or Recent page of that. I'm not at the console to know which it was, just know that it was buried in the store, for some reason.

And we are home. Thanks!

We will be able to use this download for the actual game correct?

We wont need to download anything else on the official release date?

Astra

That's what I came across, but I think the worse guy was a public Dragoon. So, I just figure he hates being a dragoon so much, that he wants to share that hate with everyone.

I could gain Tomes faster with Roulette, but I just know there's a bunch of assholes out there, so I'll just stick with the slow process of building parties in FC.

How could he hate being a Dragoon? :O They're pretty badass, and it's ez mode gameplay.

I sometimes hate being a healer, especially with inept randoms. They'll go off and attack enemies before the tank can gain enmity, then get pissed at me for for being able to keep them alive.

Friend is a WHM and gets crap all the time, and I have no idea why. He's quite good.
I did Titan Hard for the first time the other day with him, and I was a Scholar. I spent a good portion of the fight dead (I got raised, Titan stomped. Raised again, rock bomb went off. Dead, haha). During the fight, one tank got blown off right away, and another died more than me, but the randoms were giving the WHM all the grief. Do people have some irrational hate for White Mages?

studyguy

Now I know why I was hearing that chilling, forced laughter whenever that fat fuck wiped me.

Beats the engrish going over Levi EX.
Always crack up when I hear the whole 'So powurfu LEVIATHAN!'
I can't even tell if they're singing it with engrish, it just sounds like it is though.

Aeana

I really like the second half of the Leviathan music. I don't understand why the whole first half has to be the boring tribal drums.

Dunan

It really is ridiculous how uptight some people can be in this game, particularly in the early dungeons where they still expect noobs to have a deep understanding of MMO concepts. Just a few days ago I was healing in Halatali and an aggrieved tank spat out a torrent of obscenities at a scholar who wasn't handling the "adds" correctly. The tank left with a hissy fit as soon as we won, and the other DPS and I stuck around to give him pointers.

Stick with GAF parties if you don't like the randoms -- every Gaffer I've joined up with in going through story mode has had a great attitude and nobody has been impatient with the noobs. Coming onto the "teaching" side of things now, I enjoy helping people who were in the position I was once in and take pleasure in helping.

Then again, I've never been a tank; maybe being buffeted around as a tank gives you a short fuse or something. ^^;

Stuart444

I sometimes hate being a healer, especially with inept randoms. They'll go off and attack enemies before the tank can gain enmity, then get pissed at me for for being able to keep them alive.

To be fair, no matter what class you are, you will get shit on.

If you're a tank, you'll get blamed for not being able to get enmity when the DPS attacks before the tank even has a chance (I even found a DRG in CT that did Dragonfire Dive to enemies before the tank could do anything).

If you're a healer, well, just exactly what you said more or less.

If you're a DPS and you do your job perfectly, attack adds (in fights that you SHOULD attack adds), wait for tank to gain enmity, etc. Then you will still be lumped in with the other DPS that don't do any of that and try to mindlessly press 1-2-3 to win. (that's how you get some god awful low DPS in battles where things should be going a lot quicker - lazy dps).

So yeah, if you do your job perfectly, regardless of class, you will get shit on. It's inevitable really.

studyguy

I really like the second half of the Leviathan music. I don't understand why the whole first half has to be the boring tribal drums.

I didn't like the second half of the Levi theme initially when I heard it.
Now that I've fought him, I get it. It's a fun song for a fun fight. Levi EX is like the least stressful fight, just a lot of running around and boat rocking.

Stuart444

It really is ridiculous how uptight some people can be in this game, particularly in the early dungeons where they still expect noobs to have a deep understanding of MMO concepts. Just a few days ago I was healing in Halatali and an aggrieved tank spat out a torrent of obscenities at a scholar who wasn't handling the "adds" correctly. The tank left with a hissy fit as soon as we won, and the other DPS and I stuck around to give him pointers.

Yeah, whenever I see stuff like this, I usually stand up for those getting berated, just to show that not all players are like that. Even got told "Stop being a White Knight" while doing this lol. I'm happy to be a White Knight if it shows that not all people are hateful idiots like that ^^

Astra

To be fair, no matter what class you are, you will get shit on.

If you're a tank, you'll get blamed for not being able to get enmity when the DPS attacks before the tank even has a chance (I even found a DRG in CT that did Dragonfire Dive to enemies before the tank could do anything).

If you're a healer, well, just exactly what you said more or less.

If you're a DPS and you do your job perfectly, attack adds (in fights that you SHOULD attack adds), wait for tank to gain enmity, etc. Then you will still be lumped in with the other DPS that don't do any of that and try to mindlessly press 1-2-3 to win. (that's how you get some god awful low DPS in battles where things should be going a lot quicker - lazy dps).

So yeah, if you do your job perfectly, regardless of class, you will get shit on. It's inevitable really.

That's very true. Just recently I saw both DPS get shit when one was actually doing well, and the other was just spamming the same attack. Guess you just can't avoid assholes.

To be far though, I'd say about 90% of people I got in the duty finder have been neutral, and basically didn't say two words to anybody. With the final 10% being split between assholes and helpful or nice people.

It's amazing the difference giving some helpful advice will make in a player's performance, though.

WolvenOne

Does anyone know when they are applying the echo Buff to Coil?

I really need to farm a few specific items, but even the early turns can be painful if there's just one person not pulling their weight.

I the items Btw are, Fending Choker from turn 1, Fending belt from turn 2, and the tank helmet on T5.

They all have parry, accuracy, and vitality, which makes them all extremely valuable until I start downing Turns in second coil on a regular basis.

Isaccard

Does anyone know when they are applying the echo Buff to Coil?

I really need to farm a few specific items, but even the early turns can be painful if there's just one person not pulling their weight.

I the items Btw are, Fending Choker from turn 1, Fending belt from turn 2, and the tank helmet on T5.

They all have parry, accuracy, and vitality, which makes them all extremely valuable until I start downing Turns in second coil on a regular basis.

Every two weeks.

WolvenOne

Ah, I see, thanks.

Ten percent should be enough to get most, "slightly rough," groups through T5, so long as most the people there understand the mechanics throughout most of it.

Wouldn't need it if I had a static willing to farm it, of course, but the group I'm running second coil with, (I guess I'm, subbing or something, not sure,) seems to be done with First Coil. So, I've gotta run with pugs, and anything to ease that experience is welcome. XD

WolvenOne

Didn't know the Challenge Log gives you up to 50k gil a week.
Christ I need to do mine.

You need need to complete every entry to get that 50K gil? Seems like that'd be, time consuming. I could probably get more Gil faster by running CT a few times and selling a Tome Mat.

Isaccard

Echo buff isint going to carry anyone through fight mechanic, that isint a DPS check. You still need to "know the fight" and execute said mechanics. If anything it just speeds things on a bit.

Edit: solo queuing will be nice atleast

WolvenOne

Echo buff isint going to carry anyone through fight mechanic, that isint a DPS check. You still need to "know the fight" and execute said mechanics. If anything it just speeds things on a bit.

Edit: solo queuing will be nice atleast

Of course, you'll need to know the basic mechanics. It'll just provide a slightly larger margin of error for a few reasons.

First, being that each phase will be shorter, so there's fewer opportunities for somebody to screw up. Second, ten percent more HP and healing potency will make parties slightly less squishy as a whole, meaning, it'll be a little easier to recover from mistakes.

Again, this isn't going to carry people nowhere near close to finishing the fight through T5, but it'll compensate for, "a little roughness," so to speak.

Edit: And will make pug farming earlier turns a more enjoyable experience overall, though ideally I'd like to be done with the earlier turns before echo buff..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom