• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalT

Banned
Well this sucks, it's still showing my launcher is outdated even though I did the "open beta 2" PS Store thing. Might have to do a redownload sigh
Are you sure this isn't your problem?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c1acc33eaa209c9e0f16d028d6f95f1f0b9e2de6

If you have downloaded the Beta during the aforementioned time, you will need to return to PlayStation®Store and make your purchase again to resolve the issue. You will not need to re-download the software.

Luthos

Silly question, but does Square do anything resembling free trials? I'd like to try this game out without fulling purchasing it and a sub.

Noi

Yup positive, I never deleted the beta and followed these steps a couple hours ago. and it shows “Open Beta 2 Entitlement”. I'm just getting the "Unable to complete version check [20447][20446][404]" error. Already tried restoring licenses, not sure what else to troubleshoot

Does your client still have "BETA" written on the game's dashboard icon? That client is obsolete and you need to download a new one.

Has to look like this:

BkXSBiqIEAASFfN.jpg:large

Noi

Looks like the PS3 > PS4 data transfer doesn't quite work yet. Tried it twice and it just gave me an error, so I'll make do without my macros/hotbars/gearsets for now.

...Damn, my eyes actually hurt from looking at the PS4 version. I'm not used to everything being so bright, detailed and have such choppy framerate, lol.

WolvenOne

Man, I seem to have the oddest luck with Atma's. Back to back, first Fate's of the evening, how does RNG even work! XD

No I'm not bragging, it's just weird how, "random," things work sometimes.

edit:

I'd like that but it would make thinks take a lot less time so people will be back to saying "There is nothing to do now" or something like that quicker than they will currently with this grind. (though it really sucks since you need over 13000 myth as well just to get the animus weapon, people with more than one relic are screwed more or less unless they wish to farm that 13000 myth each time along with the atma and then the grinding in the books)

*shrugs* just the way it is though I'm expecting drop rate increase by patch 2.25

People with multiple relics can either farm Levi EX* or buy the Soldiery weapon. They at least gave us options on the weapons front, rather nice of them.

*Unless you're like me, who is an absolute idiot and has no hope of beating Titan EX*

Stuart444

People with multiple relics can either farm Levi EX* or buy the Soldiery weapon. They at least gave us options on the weapons front, rather nice of them.

*Unless you're like me, who is an absolute idiot and has no hope of beating Titan EX*

I'm still working at Titan EX myself. I'll beat him someday and then beat Ifrit EX.

Then I can enjoy fighting Levi EX for one of his weapons :D

Ok so how do I control things with the controller?! D:

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to transfer gear sets from PC to PS4. Obviously I would need to rebind keys to the controller cross bar but there should be a way to transfer gear sets.

Number45

Ok so how do I control things with the controller?! D:

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to transfer gear sets from PC to PS4. Obviously I would need to rebind keys to the controller cross bar but there should be a way to transfer gear sets.
Looks like that's a PS3/PS4 thing only. :(

Looking forward to the upcoming easter event.. though I don't know why haha. I guess I love in-game events in general XD.

plus the chocobo looks cute in the picture :)

Tash

Looking forward to the upcoming easter event.. though I don't know why haha. I guess I love in-game events in general XD.

plus the chocobo looks cute in the picture :)

Link?
Also, shouldn't it be possible to buy a 3rd retainer on mog station? Or did I dream that..

Stuart444

If you are having an issue transferring PS3 -> PS4, go onto the PS3 launcher and do it there first then go onto the PS4 and do it. That should work

So far I've figured out how to mine nodes on PS Vita. Progress, lol. I shudder to think what fighting Twintania would be like on Vita.

What's super cool is the Vita's touch screen is enabled for FFXIV Remote Play, so I can use my finger to slide a virtual mouse cursor around and tap the screen to click. This makes doing a lot of basic UI functions much easier.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
wow, trying to get atma all day yesterday and got it within 5 mins of trying ps4 beta, im also surprised how good it looks, on par with my pc, almost seems better but prob placebo.

1115948_10154017891340440_730489931_o.jpg

Tash

On another note - their itemization is so weird.
Why not spread SCH and WHM BiS more?

For SCH you bascially have to grind a lot of sol pieces and get the item drops from coil on top of that for upgrades.
For WHM you basically have BiS with coil drops directly (obviously you need to get sol anyway so coil is easier).

I don't get that they do it the same way for both classes and spread the crit/det pieces around more and not make one the obvious crit gear.

It would make sense set wise if the way to acquire those sets is takes about the same effort but it doesn't.

It also irks me that there are only two SCH books with crit on it. While I am working on upgrading my atma through the books I really only do it to not lack behind in chance they actually let you add crit to the book at one point in time..

Stuart444

Is there a way to expand the chat size on PS4? When hovering over it with the virtual mouse, it looks like you can click on the corner to drag it similar to the PC version but when you click it with the touch pad, it clicks onto the chat tab.

If that makes sense. :/

edit: it's totally unselectable in the hud layout :/

Is there a way to expand the chat size on PS4? When hovering over it with the virtual mouse, it looks like you can click on the corner to drag it similar to the PC version but when you click it with the touch pad, it clicks onto the chat tab.

If that makes sense. :/

there's a way, but for the life of me can't remember how I did it in Phase 1

Naar

If you are having an issue transferring PS3 -> PS4, go onto the PS3 launcher and do it there first then go onto the PS4 and do it. That should work

I did that and says transfer complete, but i didnt have hotbars and gear sets when i login.

Is there something i have to do to import it?

IMBored

Just remembered that I have my CE items to collect. Is there any minimum level for the mount, or can I just start riding?

Ken

Just remembered that I have my CE items to collect. Is there any minimum level for the mount, or can I just start riding?

yeah there's a min level. it's basically when you get the chocobo, which you'll get as you progress through the story.

Stuart444

I did that and says transfer complete, but i didnt have hotbars and gear sets when i login.

Is there something i have to do to import it?

Nope, you just transfer it on your PS3 and then do the exact same thing on PS4. That should be enough.

Naar

Nope, you just transfer it on your PS3 and then do the exact same thing on PS4. That should be enough.

I did do that and i logged in and no hot bars or anything. I did the transfer on PS3 and said upload successful and then i imported on PS4 and it said sucessful.

Then i login and nothing :/ I must have missed a step

Noi

Aha, thanks! I completely missed the same button being on the PS3 client, otherwise I would have noticed how to do it.

Naar

OK I just unclicked the overwrite check box and it worked now!

I logged in and changed some stuff before i could transfer and it was affecting it

Thanks for the help anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom