• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

First time playing after a long while, in a beginner dungeon no less, and these people are already unwelcoming as hell. Some people just create way too much stress for this kind of thing.

I'd say it was just a bad run of luck. Most of the early dungeons i've had to rerun with pugilist, people have been pretty even tempered, especially for new people.

Then again, there shouldnt be much that can go wrong in beginner dungeons.

Torquill

Echo buff isint going to carry anyone through fight mechanic, that isint a DPS check. You still need to "know the fight" and execute said mechanics. If anything it just speeds things on a bit.

Edit: solo queuing will be nice atleast
Are you talking about Twintania? You don't think 30% HP/Dmg/healing won't help..

1) make conflags easier since they will die faster

2) make conflags easier since they will last longer as you'll be able to fireball split between fewer people

3) help keep tanks alive through death sentence and plummet

4) make dreadnoughts easier since they'll die faster

5) make orbs easier since they may no longer one shot so many jobs?

studyguy

My BLM want to go back to twin post echo max buff to see how much damage they can lay on a 4 stack snake.

I'm imagining a flare crit = a nuke.

WolvenOne

I have a couple million, but I'd still take 50k for free.

Normally I would too, but farming Atma's is taking up so much of my game time right now. XD

Hopefully I'll have that done in the next few days here. Then I'll have to slow down a little, if only because I'll only be able to farm Myth for Books so fast.

studyguy

Normally I would too, but farming Atma's is taking up so much of my game time right now. XD

Hopefully I'll have that done in the next few days here. Then I'll have to slow down a little, if only because I'll only be able to farm Myth for Books so fast.

I have a genuine dislike for atma.
I still have people in my FC who refuse to do anything because they haven't gotten all their atma. It's basically become a giant pit for a lot of my group who hasn't finished. Not wanting to do anything but atma really pisses me off. Like who gives a fuck stop for a couple minutes, the RNG will wait for you. I have 5 atma, but to be perfectly honest, I've spent maybe 8 hours at most actively searching between other stuff.

Teknoman

My first few dungeons, I was lucky enough to get a really nice tank. It wasn't long before I encountered assholes, thought. Endgame is especially bad for really rude and impatient people. Just point and laugh at them for taking a video game so damn seriously.

Whats funny is that an early quest has you meet some not so nice members of another party. You'd think that would be a subtle hint for people to chill.

WolvenOne

I have a genuine dislike for atma.
I still have people in my FC who refuse to do anything because they haven't gotten all their atma. It's basically become a giant pit for a lot of my group who hasn't finished. Not wanting to do anything but atma really pisses me off. Like who gives a fuck stop for a couple minutes, the RNG will wait for you.

Oh, I agree, I'm not spending anywhere near all of my time doing Atma's. However, in 2.1 I'd spend a lot of time leveling other classes, doing treasure hunts, or helping players past the Extreme Primals. Atma's are keeping me from doing a lot of that right now.

Still, it's fairly unusual for me to farm Atma's for more then an hour. Usually I just, NEED a change of pace, to do something else for awhile.

Also.

Often I'll throw together a PF for something, then farm Atma's while it's filling up. Since that often takes 15-20 minutes, I can get a decent handful of Fate's completed while waiting. It's an effective way to utilize time that'd otherwise be wasted.

Aeana

I rushed the atma, but I'm glad to have it behind me. I'm taking my time with the books, which is fine with me. The thing about atma is that the relative ease of completing it is proportional to the amount of people doing FATEs, and that number is going to go down the further we get from 2.2 release.

WolvenOne

Meh, I usually do ATMA while waiting for Levi groups to show up/fill up, focusing on it would make me crazy.

I'll focus on it when I'm feeling worn down. I'll just hang in mumble and chat in my linkshells between fates in those scenario's. Pretty much the only time I spend significant time Atma farming though, and I probably wouldn't be doing anything else productive in that time.

I rushed the atma, but I'm glad to have it behind me. I'm taking my time with the books, which is fine with me. The thing about atma is that the relative ease of completing it is proportional to the amount of people doing FATEs, and that number is going to go down the further we get from 2.2 release.

It'll go down some, but Fate running probably isn't going to go down to 2.1 levels anytime soon. Some people will be willing to Atma farm multiple weapons, and some players aren't at the Atma farm portion of the game yet.

Plus, all those new PS4 users.

Yep. That's why I tried to did it as quickly. The difference of people makes some FATEs go way faster.

The books are a different story. I'm not gonna go mad with Myth farming neither with the grinding.

WolvenOne

Yep. That's why I tried to did it as quickly. The difference of people makes some FATEs go way faster.

The books are a different story. I'm not gonna go mad with Myth farming neither with the grinding.

Not going to go super crazy with Myth farming, buuut, I am going to try grinding to 2000 Myth, instead of 1500, at least a few times, in order to be able to sell Myth Tome Mats.

What can I say, I want to be able to jump on personal housing quickly when it comes out.

Jayhawk

I am contemplating getting atmas for a second weapon this weekend while FATEs are still full of people, while I take my time doing the book portion for my first weapon.

studyguy

I'm waiting on Greg hard and extreme tbh.

Greg, Tidus, Leviabeetus...
Who's next? Shiba?

doge.jpg

WolvenOne

I am contemplating getting atmas for a second weapon this weekend while FATEs are still full of people, while I take my time doing the book portion for my first weapon.

Toldja some people would be willing to do multiple Atma weapons. XD

Especially once 2.2 content starts getting exhausted a little. <_<;;

Thinking about getting my Bards Atma out of the way also, not going to get crazy and do it all in the span of 2 days though like my WHM. Maybe 1 a' day or something if I'm feeling up to it.

WolvenOne

I myself won't be doing Atma again for awhile, seeing as Bravura is my only Relic.

Eventually I'll do Relic's and Atma's for other classes, but I am not looking forward to farming up Myth for Relics, then Atma's, then books, on top of farming up Myth for the occasional Myth Mat.

Ugh, hats off Square, you guys managed to keep Myth Tomes from becoming borderline useless, like Phil Tomes.

I have several Relic, but no fucking way I'm doing Atma for them. Only my curtana, since PLD is my main. After all Atma is basically the start of the upgrade, is useless to do Atma unless you do the 9 books for it, which is something I'm not repeating.

WolvenOne

I have several Relic, but no fucking way I'm doing Atma for them. Only my curtana, since PLD is my main. After all Atma is basically the start of the upgrade, is useless to do Atma unless you do the 9 books for it, which is something I'm not repeating.

Wait until they increase the Myth drop rate, which is kinda inevitable, seeing as they need people to continue doing Atma's and books in order to keep much of their content relevant to the endgame.

I'll probably get a couple Relic Zenith's ready to go in 2.2, and might even collect the Atma's for them, but there's no way I'm saving up 13.5K Myth Tomes per weapon with the Myth Tome drop rate being the way it is now.

studyguy

Yeah I am only going to upgrade one of my relics. Not worth it for the alts for now.

By 2.3, atma will probably get a buffed drop rate and whatever leads to the step beyond animus will be atma 2.0.

So far it's HAMLET > Hamlet 2.0 (ATMA) > ?

Maybe they'll give us hamlet back for real!? Complete with depressingly low droprates and boredom.

Wilsongt

I'm only focusing on my SMN relic right now... I was farming Southern Thanalan last night and I already noticed that there weren't a whole lot of people farming there... I still have 8 atma left. =/

WolvenOne

Atma's were obviously a means of making FATE's relevant to the end-game, and it's simultaneously wildly successful, and only a temporary solution.

Fates probably won't ever go back down to 2.1 levels, but, I do expect it'll fall off over time. Simultaneously, I'm not certain they can just send people out to grab Atma's again for the next stage in the upgrade either. Not only do players only have so much patience, but by 2.3 most end-game players are probably going to have their eyes set on either the Soldiery weapons or the High Allagan weapons.

So they're probably going to have to do something different when they're ready to unlock the next stage in Relic progression, and they're probably going to have to do something else to make Fates, "long term," relevant to endgame players.

Having just come off a bad week of internet connection I was about to lose it when I DC'd back to back 5min ago, but seeing that it's everyone just gave me a huge sigh of relief...

Sorian

Banned
Atma's were obviously a means of making FATE's relevant to the end-game, and it's simultaneously wildly successful, and only a temporary solution.

Fates probably won't ever go back down to 2.1 levels, but, I do expect it'll fall off over time. Simultaneously, I'm not certain they can just send people out to grab Atma's again for the next stage in the upgrade either. Not only do players only have so much patience, but by 2.3 most end-game players are probably going to have their eyes set on either the Soldiery weapons or the High Allagan weapons.

So they're probably going to have to do something different when they're ready to unlock the next stage in Relic progression, and they're probably going to have to do something else to make Fates, "long term," relevant to endgame players.

Except, you know, the next upgrade could be better than both of those.

Cactuar getting buttfucked right now. Was online for like 2 minutes before getting 90k'd

Oh and I can't login to the data center anymore

Lagging so hard that it took like 3 whole seconds for the recommendations to appear once I logged in.

See you guys at the emergency maintenance.

WolvenOne

Except, you know, the next upgrade could be better than both of those.

True.

It's possible that the next stage skips right past ilvl110 and goes straight to 120, or something. XD

Still, while having one repeatable quest line forcing people to do Fates is probably acceptable, I don't think it's an end solution. Fates need to be relevant, regardless of what quests you're running at endgame.

I still think they need to have a system where Fates can scale up if there are a lot of high level players in an area. Also, maybe make it so Fates drop Tomes or something. *shrug*

Noi

Hyperion is getting hit hard too. Seems like Primal in general is always getting hit with the worst of it.

I got kicked out of Bray HM last night by the FC, because I wasn't going fast enough, or died too quick, or haven't played enough in the month I've been playing to farm enough tomes for high level gear.

Something like that :p

Did they remove you from the group in progress or did they at least clear the dungeon first and then remove you because they were trying to farm/speed run it?

Either way, that's pretty rude. We already kicked someone for doing something similar to this in the past. This kind of thing is not okay. At least there was an apology, I guess...

frequency

So we put together a group of 5 people for Main Scenario dungeons with the intention of watching cutscenes and explaining fights and taking it slow for new people.

3 DF people decided no and were being very mean throughout. We kicked one but they just queued right back into our group (why is that even allowed to happen?).

We quit and went in again with 7 people (6 FC, one PF). The ONE DF person decided to be mean that we weren't speed running.

What was that people were saying about majority? That the will of the majority in the group takes priority over the 1 or 2 people? That was nothing more than an excuse for poor behaviour. The majority here wanted to take it slow for the new people to enjoy their story.

I'm finished with this community. It is by far the worst I have seen in my MMORPG experience.

I envy you players who have "thicker skin". I'm too weak willed I guess. All my enjoyment and desire to continue playing this game is gone.

Sorian

Banned
True.

It's possible that the next stage skips right past ilvl110 and goes straight to 120, or something. XD

Still, while having one repeatable quest line forcing people to do Fates is probably acceptable, I don't think it's an end solution. Fates need to be relevant, regardless of what quests you're running at endgame.

I still think they need to have a system where Fates can scale up if there are a lot of high level players in an area. Also, maybe make it so Fates drop Tomes or something. *shrug*

Oh yeah, I agree, I just wouldn't put it past SE to just put another band-aid on the issue and call it a day though.

It is by far the worst I have seen in my MMORPG experience.

I can only assume you dont have much mmo experience.

Sorian

Banned
I've been playing MMORPGs pretty consistently since FF11 PC release.

So then you should know better from other games. This isn't really that bad and you did have the majority, there was no issue. Tell the 8th person to shut up or leave. Someone will back fill.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If there's a group to do the late Main Story missions as slow story runs, I'd like to get involved. My only time through it, was as fast and furious as possible. As the off tank with no clue, it was a chore of "go left", "wait here and pull when I say", "hit this button". Nevermind having to watch the cutscenes out of order from the inn. Not the greatest way to wrap up the main story line (2.0). Learning what is the end bosses for the 2.1 and 2.2 main story modes, doesn't really sound as interesting as the whole Empire/Primals main story. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I logged out in FC House, hoping that helps with the probable lagfest of the new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom